7.0

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Take the original Wii Sports, add better accuracy with the WiiMotion Plus controllers and add online modes to create Wii Sports Club. The game is best with friends playing local multiplayer, but online mode is a great alternative for solo gamers.Unfortunately, the online matches does suffer from internet connection issues when playing others without a strong internet connection. HopefullyTake the original Wii Sports, add better accuracy with the WiiMotion Plus controllers and add online modes to create Wii Sports Club. The game is best with friends playing local multiplayer, but online mode is a great alternative for solo gamers.Unfortunately, the online matches does suffer from internet connection issues when playing others without a strong internet connection. Hopefully those issues will be resolved with future updates and more people joining the Clubs.
    Bowling is better than ever, and golf is a lot of fun with an extra use of the gamepad (placed on the floor as the tee/golf ball). At $10 per "sport" Wii Sports Club is worth buying your favorite one or two (or three).
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    A great remake of an the best-selling Wii title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Club offers new HD graphics, along with online play, allowing players to compete online and even come up with their own messages during games. The sports provided so far are Tennis & Bowling, Tennis was fun to play online although a few times I felt like there was some bad connection games going on, and with Bowling, IA great remake of an the best-selling Wii title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Club offers new HD graphics, along with online play, allowing players to compete online and even come up with their own messages during games. The sports provided so far are Tennis & Bowling, Tennis was fun to play online although a few times I felt like there was some bad connection games going on, and with Bowling, I had a blast playing online, as it was very competitive and fun to play with people online. Wii U owners can rejoice as this game is free to download and will provide a free 24 hour trial, purchasing permanent passes after is up to you, which seems fine but at $10 per sport, it seems way too overpriced. Overall, Wii Sports Club is a great remake Wii Sports, making it better with the graphics and online play, but is it worth it to permanently buy each sport for $10? ($50 for all 5) Expand
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    So far It's a 6 for me. While tennis is fun to play online and off, something happened with bowling because each time I try to hit the pins the ball just goes in the opposite direction, this was never a problem with the original Wii sports. I'll most likely give it a better score once golf, baseball, and boxing comes out.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    This game SUCKS how it sucks you have to pay MONEY to play the game!!! you shood bable to play it for free like other Nintendo games like Pokémon X Wii Party U New super Mario bros U thos games are free Wii Party U is not! what a scam
  5. Aug 1, 2014
    I'm really disappointed that Nintendo's next gen offering for one of the games that made the Wii special is this. A re-hash. The improved graphics and motion controls aren't enough to make it worth buying this game again. Online multi-player is a nice add, but I've had several problems including being dropped from games, and the controls don't work as well in the online mode for someI'm really disappointed that Nintendo's next gen offering for one of the games that made the Wii special is this. A re-hash. The improved graphics and motion controls aren't enough to make it worth buying this game again. Online multi-player is a nice add, but I've had several problems including being dropped from games, and the controls don't work as well in the online mode for some reason. I'm constantly having to re-calibrate. This should have been a re-imagined, big release and a big win for Nintendo. Instead it's a disappointment. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    The original Wii Sports was the best-selling game of all time, and it’s clear Nintendo want to attract the original game’s audience to Wii U. That’s fine, but at least make some changes to the game. And it’s true, they have. Wii Sports Club is different from the original in that it’s free to download, but you then have to buy each sport you want individually. The main problem is that theThe original Wii Sports was the best-selling game of all time, and it’s clear Nintendo want to attract the original game’s audience to Wii U. That’s fine, but at least make some changes to the game. And it’s true, they have. Wii Sports Club is different from the original in that it’s free to download, but you then have to buy each sport you want individually. The main problem is that the prices are too high. The original was free with the Wii, but here each sport costs £8, a lot for something like this.
    The HD update adds nothing to the sports. In fact, you can barely tell that it’s HD. The sports run similarly, except that you need Motionplus to play them. It makes a difference to golf, which also makes clever use of the gamepad, requiring you to put it on the floor facing up. It shows a close-up view of the golf club and the ball, so it’s as if playing a real golf game even more. This is the best thing about Wii Sports Club, but sadly none of the other sports available use the gamepad, which isn’t a disappointment in itself- how do you weave second screen gameplay into a game of tennis? But the sports themselves, apart from golf, are largely unchanged, nor are they enhanced by motionplus. There was great potential here for tennis, but I was disappointed by how it was the same.
    There is a success in Wii Sports Club, however, and it’s in the online. This is what perhaps slightly justifies downloading some of the sports, but then again it doesn’t. £8 for the addition of online (and a few new modes)? Certainly not a bad price but not a good one either. Better to blow the dust off your old Wii if you want more of Wii Sports.
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    This game will be judged harshly I think as it is a game that is easy to blame when you lose, or have little patients.
    For the record, the control scheme is accurate and skill based but takes time to master. Gone are the days of waggle, with precise strokes replacing it. If the control scheme is fooled then pressing down of the D-Pad will re-centre your racket in tennis, but once you have got use to it, this is rarely needed.
    I've heard lots of complaints of people having lag in the tennis, but just as many people saying they have had minimal amounts. Me myself, I have a laggy game about once in ten and have fibre optic BB. So this lag is obliviously when I get paired with someone with slow BB, or who is sharing a connection with someone using torrentz Either way, with a good connection speed it is so much fun! Been hooked since lauch

1. Aug 9, 2014
    While the inclusion of online play creates some issues with the slower-moving sports, it’s still a fun addition for Tennis and Baseball.
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    Rather than advancing upon the legacy of its predecessor, Wii Sports Club comes off more like an HD remake of the same old game with some additional motion plus and gamepad support. While this may have been a groundbreaking package eight years ago, today it feels altogether lackluster.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    It's still great fun, particularly in short bursts, but it's hard to justify plunking down extra cash for Wii Sports Club.