Wii Sports Club Wii U

7.0

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Take the original Wii Sports, add better accuracy with the WiiMotion Plus controllers and add online modes to create Wii Sports Club. The game is best with friends playing local multiplayer, but online mode is a great alternative for solo gamers.Unfortunately, the online matches does suffer from internet connection issues when playing others without a strong internet connection. HopefullyTake the original Wii Sports, add better accuracy with the WiiMotion Plus controllers and add online modes to create Wii Sports Club. The game is best with friends playing local multiplayer, but online mode is a great alternative for solo gamers.Unfortunately, the online matches does suffer from internet connection issues when playing others without a strong internet connection. Hopefully those issues will be resolved with future updates and more people joining the Clubs.
    Bowling is better than ever, and golf is a lot of fun with an extra use of the gamepad (placed on the floor as the tee/golf ball). At $10 per "sport" Wii Sports Club is worth buying your favorite one or two (or three).
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    A great remake of an the best-selling Wii title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Club offers new HD graphics, along with online play, allowing players to compete online and even come up with their own messages during games. The sports provided so far are Tennis & Bowling, Tennis was fun to play online although a few times I felt like there was some bad connection games going on, and with Bowling, IA great remake of an the best-selling Wii title, Wii Sports. Wii Sports Club offers new HD graphics, along with online play, allowing players to compete online and even come up with their own messages during games. The sports provided so far are Tennis & Bowling, Tennis was fun to play online although a few times I felt like there was some bad connection games going on, and with Bowling, I had a blast playing online, as it was very competitive and fun to play with people online. Wii U owners can rejoice as this game is free to download and will provide a free 24 hour trial, purchasing permanent passes after is up to you, which seems fine but at $10 per sport, it seems way too overpriced. Overall, Wii Sports Club is a great remake Wii Sports, making it better with the graphics and online play, but is it worth it to permanently buy each sport for $10? ($50 for all 5) Expand
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    So far It's a 6 for me. While tennis is fun to play online and off, something happened with bowling because each time I try to hit the pins the ball just goes in the opposite direction, this was never a problem with the original Wii sports. I'll most likely give it a better score once golf, baseball, and boxing comes out.
  4. Dec 29, 2013
    This game SUCKS how it sucks you have to pay MONEY to play the game!!! you shood bable to play it for free like other Nintendo games like Pokémon X Wii Party U New super Mario bros U thos games are free Wii Party U is not! what a scam
  5. Aug 1, 2014
    I'm really disappointed that Nintendo's next gen offering for one of the games that made the Wii special is this. A re-hash. The improved graphics and motion controls aren't enough to make it worth buying this game again. Online multi-player is a nice add, but I've had several problems including being dropped from games, and the controls don't work as well in the online mode for someI'm really disappointed that Nintendo's next gen offering for one of the games that made the Wii special is this. A re-hash. The improved graphics and motion controls aren't enough to make it worth buying this game again. Online multi-player is a nice add, but I've had several problems including being dropped from games, and the controls don't work as well in the online mode for some reason. I'm constantly having to re-calibrate. This should have been a re-imagined, big release and a big win for Nintendo. Instead it's a disappointment. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    The original Wii Sports was the best-selling game of all time, and it’s clear Nintendo want to attract the original game’s audience to Wii U. That’s fine, but at least make some changes to the game. And it’s true, they have. Wii Sports Club is different from the original in that it’s free to download, but you then have to buy each sport you want individually. The main problem is that theThe original Wii Sports was the best-selling game of all time, and it’s clear Nintendo want to attract the original game’s audience to Wii U. That’s fine, but at least make some changes to the game. And it’s true, they have. Wii Sports Club is different from the original in that it’s free to download, but you then have to buy each sport you want individually. The main problem is that the prices are too high. The original was free with the Wii, but here each sport costs £8, a lot for something like this.
    The HD update adds nothing to the sports. In fact, you can barely tell that it’s HD. The sports run similarly, except that you need Motionplus to play them. It makes a difference to golf, which also makes clever use of the gamepad, requiring you to put it on the floor facing up. It shows a close-up view of the golf club and the ball, so it’s as if playing a real golf game even more. This is the best thing about Wii Sports Club, but sadly none of the other sports available use the gamepad, which isn’t a disappointment in itself- how do you weave second screen gameplay into a game of tennis? But the sports themselves, apart from golf, are largely unchanged, nor are they enhanced by motionplus. There was great potential here for tennis, but I was disappointed by how it was the same.
    There is a success in Wii Sports Club, however, and it’s in the online. This is what perhaps slightly justifies downloading some of the sports, but then again it doesn’t. £8 for the addition of online (and a few new modes)? Certainly not a bad price but not a good one either. Better to blow the dust off your old Wii if you want more of Wii Sports.
  7. Sep 6, 2015

+ Tennis
    + Bowling
    + Baseball
    + Golf

- Boxing is awful 1/10 compared to Wii Sports that was actually for me the greatest to 1vs1
    - No age practice
    - Lacks innovation
    - Seemed a little bit rushed
    - eShop timed exclusive
  8. Dec 18, 2015
    The basic problem with Wii Sports Club is the same that many Wii U games like this one and Wii Party U and Wii Fit U have encountered: its just more of the same in a slightly prettier package. Whereas Wii Sports was groundbreaking on the original Wii, this one is more of a "me, too" on the Wii U with only HD graphics and online play added to a basically untouched game engine. The mostThe basic problem with Wii Sports Club is the same that many Wii U games like this one and Wii Party U and Wii Fit U have encountered: its just more of the same in a slightly prettier package. Whereas Wii Sports was groundbreaking on the original Wii, this one is more of a "me, too" on the Wii U with only HD graphics and online play added to a basically untouched game engine. The most disturbing is that while Wii Sports was a pack in game for much of the Wii's lifespan, Wii Sports Club is $39,99 (at time of launch and of this writing), or $5-$10 per sport as a download. That's a pretty hefty asking price when the original does basically the same thing and for much less. Expand
  9. Dec 18, 2013
    Personally, I didn't have a serious, major problem with this game. Yes it does have some online connectivity issues and some lag during matches, but it seemed like a significant improvement over the last Wii Sports game. Playing a specific sport costs 10 dollars to buy to last as long as you want; renting the whole sports package is $1.99 for a 24-hour period. Is it worth the money to payPersonally, I didn't have a serious, major problem with this game. Yes it does have some online connectivity issues and some lag during matches, but it seemed like a significant improvement over the last Wii Sports game. Playing a specific sport costs 10 dollars to buy to last as long as you want; renting the whole sports package is $1.99 for a 24-hour period. Is it worth the money to pay 50 dollars for all five of the original sports? Probably not, but as a Nintendo and Wii Sports fan, I did have three favourite sports: tennis, bowling, and golf. With three modes the package is $30. Since online would have some cost into the company, I was okay with the price. Wii Sports doesn't have an end with games to come back to and training to do every now and then. What mattered for the review is I had great enjoyment with the new Motion-Plus controls, online matches, Wyoming supporting, Miiverse messages, and the magnificent course designs.

Why did I give this game a 10? First, I had so much fun playing that the errors of the game didn't make me annoyed at all. Second, I feel like the user score average should be higher than a 6.9 because that seems like a D+ grade-wise, and I really don't think this game is bad enough to be in the failing range. Third, this is one of the Nintendo classics being remade into an improved game! It shouldn't be ignored and put in the list of video game disasters. I don't think it is.

To sum up, Wii Sports Club is a great experience to have if you liked the original Wii Sports and want to join in the online community, or if you just want to exercise in the comfort of your own home and play athletic games casually. It's a game worth checking out and or at least renting for the 24-hour period. Support your state (or province) today and battle it out in Wii Sports Club! Thanks for reading.

1. Aug 9, 2014
    While the inclusion of online play creates some issues with the slower-moving sports, it’s still a fun addition for Tennis and Baseball.
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    Rather than advancing upon the legacy of its predecessor, Wii Sports Club comes off more like an HD remake of the same old game with some additional motion plus and gamepad support. While this may have been a groundbreaking package eight years ago, today it feels altogether lackluster.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    It's still great fun, particularly in short bursts, but it's hard to justify plunking down extra cash for Wii Sports Club.