7.0

1. Dec 18, 2013
    Personally, I didn't have a serious, major problem with this game. Yes it does have some online connectivity issues and some lag during matches, but it seemed like a significant improvement over the last Wii Sports game. Playing a specific sport costs 10 dollars to buy to last as long as you want; renting the whole sports package is $1.99 for a 24-hour period. Is it worth the money to pay 50 dollars for all five of the original sports? Probably not, but as a Nintendo and Wii Sports fan, I did have three favourite sports: tennis, bowling, and golf. With three modes the package is $30. Since online would have some cost into the company, I was okay with the price. Wii Sports doesn't have an end with games to come back to and training to do every now and then. What mattered for the review is I had great enjoyment with the new Motion-Plus controls, online matches, Wyoming supporting, Miiverse messages, and the magnificent course designs.

Why did I give this game a 10? First, I had so much fun playing that the errors of the game didn't make me annoyed at all. Second, I feel like the user score average should be higher than a 6.9 because that seems like a D+ grade-wise, and I really don't think this game is bad enough to be in the failing range. Third, this is one of the Nintendo classics being remade into an improved game! It shouldn't be ignored and put in the list of video game disasters. I don't think it is.

To sum up, Wii Sports Club is a great experience to have if you liked the original Wii Sports and want to join in the online community, or if you just want to exercise in the comfort of your own home and play athletic games casually. It's a game worth checking out and or at least renting for the 24-hour period. Support your state (or province) today and battle it out in Wii Sports Club! Thanks for reading.
  2. Dec 29, 2013
    I only bother rating games on Metacritic that I feel deserve that special double-digit score, and Wii Sports Club has earned its place. First of all, it's Wii Sports. EVERY ONE loved Wii Sports! But this game is the culmination of both development experience from the prior titles and embracing technology- it's the PERFECT pick up and play game!

The Golf is by far the shining example of
    a game done right. Not only is the highly skill-based gameplay using Wiimotion Plus technology utilized as was in Wii Sports Resort, the Gamepad is used to display the tee-off area with the ball and club. It helps the player align his/her club to the correct angle before swinging. On top of the original course from Wii Sports, there is a new course inspired from the NES title Golf, which adds quite a bit of flavor and challenge into the mix. I used to spend every weekend playing this game with friends using a projector, but now that there's online integration I can tee off any time with anyone in the world! This is the finest golfing experience I've ever played in a video-game before. Forget Tiger Woods, forget all that other nonsense. Wii Sports Club is where it's at!

The bowling and tennis is nice too. It's like going to the bowling alley from the comfort of your living room. And the best part is the price. For the cost of ONE game of bowling and shoe rental at the alley, you can own this game forever and bowl for the rest of your life right in front of your TV, with anyone in the world. It's an absolute joy to play- I love it!

I truly don't understand the 13+ negative scores for this game, none of which have a written review to explain WHY. I would disregard any and all negative scores for this game, because there are too many Nintendo-hating fanatics that score all their games at 0 to bring down their scores. There is NO WAY this game doesn't deserve a positive review. A mixed review I wouldn't agree with, but at least I could understand. But negative? Clearly there are some that don't want to see any more Wii U games in the green on Metacritic.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    I enjoy it, its fun for my family and its fun to be able to play this game with friends.

If you like this kind of game then definitely check this one out.
  4. Nov 12, 2013
    This game will be judged harshly I think as it is a game that is easy to blame when you lose, or have little patients.
    For the record, the control scheme is accurate and skill based but takes time to master. Gone are the days of waggle, with precise strokes replacing it. If the control scheme is fooled then pressing down of the D-Pad will re-centre your racket in tennis, but once you
    have got use to it, this is rarely needed.
    I've heard lots of complaints of people having lag in the tennis, but just as many people saying they have had minimal amounts. Me myself, I have a laggy game about once in ten and have fibre optic BB. So this lag is obliviously when I get paired with someone with slow BB, or who is sharing a connection with someone using torrentz Either way, with a good connection speed it is so much fun! Been hooked since lauch
  5. Feb 3, 2014
    Wii Sports Club On WII U is The Best Game i Have Enjoyed
    the game fetures online multplayer this would been cool if it original version had this
    in the future i hope to enjoy more of this when they have more available
  6. Jan 3, 2014
    If you enjoy sports video games, and online games, this is the game for you! This is really fun to play online, because it is just like playing a real game of golf, tennis, or bowling with your friends! You will need a wii remote and wii motion plus for this game. This game is DOWNLOAD ONLY from the E-shop, or you can buy a download code from gamestop.

I suggest this game to
    players of all ages! Expand

1. Aug 9, 2014
    While the inclusion of online play creates some issues with the slower-moving sports, it’s still a fun addition for Tennis and Baseball.
  2. Aug 7, 2014
    Rather than advancing upon the legacy of its predecessor, Wii Sports Club comes off more like an HD remake of the same old game with some additional motion plus and gamepad support. While this may have been a groundbreaking package eight years ago, today it feels altogether lackluster.
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    It's still great fun, particularly in short bursts, but it's hard to justify plunking down extra cash for Wii Sports Club.