Yoshi's Woolly World Wii U

8.4

1. Jun 26, 2015
    Such a beautiful game and so much fun to play. can't remember the last time I had a perma-grin on my face while playing. the visuals are gorgeous and the gamepay is so smooth, and brings back many many good memories!! definetly on par with the SNES counterpart;-) highly recommendable!!
  2. Jun 26, 2015
    This game feels great, the amiibo functionality is great, I love playing with Double Yoshi, it's really helpful when you play alone, and it even causes chaos sometimes! Collecting stuff in this game should be your main goal, not trying to only get through the game. There's an issue with the game however, if you want to 100% this game blind, you're gonna do some backtracking every now andThis game feels great, the amiibo functionality is great, I love playing with Double Yoshi, it's really helpful when you play alone, and it even causes chaos sometimes! Collecting stuff in this game should be your main goal, not trying to only get through the game. There's an issue with the game however, if you want to 100% this game blind, you're gonna do some backtracking every now and then.
    The graphics in this game are beautiful too, it really actually looks like it could be made in real life!
    If you don't collect in this game, the game will be easy, if you collect though, the game will definitely be hard due to clever enemy placement and always having something new up its sleeve with every new level. The bosses are however, repetitive and easy. There is also no punishment from dying, besides losing wonder-wool and flowers you collected after reaching the last checkpoint, but it shouldn't be that hard to get those again. Also, this game has a surprising amount of stamps for Miiverse: 20 per level! You get those by collecting beads, which are the coins in this game.

This game would have gotten a 10 if it wasn't for the easy bosses and backtracking.
  3. Jun 27, 2015
    Grande ritorno di Yoshi dopo il passo ambiguo su 3DS. Ottima grafica e grande giocabilità come da tradizione Nintendo. Bella la possibilità di poter utilizzare esclusivamente il controller Pro al posto dell'ingombrante Game Pad. Consigliato a ogni WiiU
  4. Jun 28, 2015
    This is a real must play for every wii u owner and for all the lovers of good platforming games! I didn't actually expect anything from this game, but up to now it is just plain fun. It manages to catch the feeling of the original while still being creative on the side of visual art and there is no baby mario which was to biggest let down of the original. Buy it, you won't regret!
  5. Jul 5, 2015
    Yoshi's Woolly World shows just how charming a video game can get. It's beautiful art style and music make this a must-have Yoshi adventure on the Wii U.
  6. Jun 29, 2015
    This is a great title and you can tell much more effort was placed into in comparision to the nsmb series and previous yoshi titles. It drops the annoying baby gimmick and has a nice esculation in difficulty as you move on. Don't expect tropical freeze difficultly as the challange in this game lies in getting 100%. It is easily the best yoshi game since the original yoshi's island.
  7. Jun 27, 2015
    Amazing game! Great as a single player game or play with a friend for double the fun. I have waited a long time for a new Yoshi game and this doesn't disappoint. The critic score for this game is lower than the communities, but that was the same for Yoshi's Story! They do not seem to understand the game like the community! So if you love that game, there is plenty for you to love with thisAmazing game! Great as a single player game or play with a friend for double the fun. I have waited a long time for a new Yoshi game and this doesn't disappoint. The critic score for this game is lower than the communities, but that was the same for Yoshi's Story! They do not seem to understand the game like the community! So if you love that game, there is plenty for you to love with this new game. Fun filled for all ages! :) Expand
  8. Jul 18, 2015
    Yoshi's wooly world is not likely to blow your mind, but it is a perfect example of what it is trying to be, A 2D Yoshi game.
    It feels and looks like a highly polished game with level designs that were clearly given much thought.
    As many other reviews point out the fabric theme visual style looks absolutely beautiful in HD and 60FPS. The thought that had gone into it deserves praise.
    The soundtrack is incredibly catchy and memorable fitting the game and the world of Yoshi perfectly.
    While impatient players may feel the game is too short, those who wish to unlock the hidden levels and Yoshi's will find the game gives you at least 20 hours of fun.
  9. Jul 15, 2015
    This game is a 10/10. A perfect send off to the amazing brilliance of Iwata. He directed this game if you didn't know! So yeah... it's beautifully crafted, full of amazing ideas and I'm glad to have played it. Iwata got to make his last video game... and if this is what you leave...?

I am retiring this account as well. For respect of Mr. Iwata. May you drive on Rainbow Road! :')
  10. Jun 26, 2015
    Un juego excelente, gráficos geniales, jugabilidad impresionante, una joya de Nintendo, es un juego excelente, 100% recomendado, niveles divertidos y entretenidos, un gran juego.
  11. Jun 27, 2015
    Nintendo is definitely the master of platform games! This game is very attention to details, very visually beautiful, music is very relaxing and super fun to either play solo or play with friend, I'm playing this game with my girlfriend, and great fun, unlike the last Yarn Kirby game on Wii, this game is much more like a real platfomrer with Yoshi's mechanic and a twist of woolly feeling.Nintendo is definitely the master of platform games! This game is very attention to details, very visually beautiful, music is very relaxing and super fun to either play solo or play with friend, I'm playing this game with my girlfriend, and great fun, unlike the last Yarn Kirby game on Wii, this game is much more like a real platfomrer with Yoshi's mechanic and a twist of woolly feeling. There's lots of thing and you will feel it's very natural to have woolly material apply to Yoshi's action and environment. There's lots of familiar and returning enimies, either you are first time or old SNES Yoshi's Island fan you will love this game!

As I said unlike Yarn Kirby, this game is much more challenging, however it's not something like super hard like Bloodborne and you just can't go over the level, there's some badges you can collect and can power you up in the game, so it feels great for all different levels of players.

All things are just too cute in this game! Level design is very clever, every level has full of content and a very balanced length (not super short or super long), there are lots of collectibles in this game so if you are a looking for perfect you might take hours and hours playing in this game!

Highly recommend! hence 10/10
  12. Jun 27, 2015
    Amei o jogo em formato de lã, esta muito criativo e divertido, graficos lindos e bem colorido, com certeza um jogo desse porte merece nota 10. Parabens para a nintendo
  13. Jul 3, 2015
    The game is absolutely fun for all ages, the level themes and music are lovely, and the wool and fabric theme is the epitome of the adjective "adorable". Controls are smooth and every single level has left me smiling so far. I gave it a 9/10 because of the extra levels: they are a nice addition, but they are so difficult and fiddly to complete that they cross the line between challengingThe game is absolutely fun for all ages, the level themes and music are lovely, and the wool and fabric theme is the epitome of the adjective "adorable". Controls are smooth and every single level has left me smiling so far. I gave it a 9/10 because of the extra levels: they are a nice addition, but they are so difficult and fiddly to complete that they cross the line between challenging and annoying. That is the only fault I found in my experience; overall a must-own game! Expand
  14. Oct 16, 2015
    Incredibly well crafted game, love it! great music, great aesthetics, great UX. if you liked yoshi's island and aren't visually oblivious you'll love it too.
  15. Oct 17, 2015
    The game is super adorable. It's very creative and the visuals are stunning. The jump/flutter mechanic is flawless, when in alot of indie platform games you have to be very precise with your jump (looking at you Shovel Knight) and the flow of the levels is always very smooth. The wool you are supposed to collect is always carefully hidden and it is a real challenge to search them all out.The game is super adorable. It's very creative and the visuals are stunning. The jump/flutter mechanic is flawless, when in alot of indie platform games you have to be very precise with your jump (looking at you Shovel Knight) and the flow of the levels is always very smooth. The wool you are supposed to collect is always carefully hidden and it is a real challenge to search them all out. They unlock the cutest patterned Yoshi's and it really drives you to want to find them all. Expect to replay levels and still have a great time! Expand
  16. Oct 18, 2015
    So far I have 100% worlds 1 and 2 ( Including Special levels) at the time of this review.

Wow, where do I begin? This game brings me back to how the original Yoshi's Island game was made, but better. Music- 10/10, Has to be the best Soundtrack I have heard, nearly every track is memorable, Shy but Deadly is the best one so far. Gameplay 9.5/10, This game has some original ideas (

Gameplay 9.5/10, This game has some original ideas ( The color yarn you use on anything, what you targeted ( non enemy) it will become that color, Puzzles in later levels become a bit harder (looking at you 2-S).

Art direction (graphics) 10/10- This game is so visually appealing from the background to what's in front of you, you can easily get lost in the games world.

Note- To get the full experience and increased difficulty, collect everything, it makes the game so much more enjoyable when you do that.

Overall 9.6/10
  17. Jul 1, 2015
    So... It comes to this. People, compare this to Epic Yarn which got excellent reviews and stop complaining about the recent Nintendo E3! This is an easy to play platformer that gets periodically hard. The collecting is optional! It's just for completionist who want to unlock everything. And believe me when I played this game I became a completionist. The graphics are amazing! Pure Wool!So... It comes to this. People, compare this to Epic Yarn which got excellent reviews and stop complaining about the recent Nintendo E3! This is an easy to play platformer that gets periodically hard. The collecting is optional! It's just for completionist who want to unlock everything. And believe me when I played this game I became a completionist. The graphics are amazing! Pure Wool! The controls are few and to the point but variety is introduced very often making the game challenging. Amiibo use is great! Custom yoshis are also great! What more can I ask for? I got an excellent Yoshi game! Expand
  18. Jun 28, 2015
    This game is an eye-candy. It's a real treat to see Yoshi's world and all its inhabitants made into art and crafts materials. The details that the developers gave to this game is astonishing! It also plays really good with or without friends. I like everything about this game especially the soundtrack. It is so perfect and relaxing that I can listen to it all day. If you do a speed run andThis game is an eye-candy. It's a real treat to see Yoshi's world and all its inhabitants made into art and crafts materials. The details that the developers gave to this game is astonishing! It also plays really good with or without friends. I like everything about this game especially the soundtrack. It is so perfect and relaxing that I can listen to it all day. If you do a speed run and run through the levels without collecting the collectibles then you might find this game easy. But if you want to complete the whole game 100% then it is a challenging game. The collectibles are well hidden. I suggest you finish each level with everything collected before going to the next one. This game is really fun. And oh, the amiibo that came with it is so cute and detailed. But I recommend you to not remove it to the packaging because by the look of it, it may be easily get dirty. Overall, this game is a blast! Fun to play alone or with friends. I recommend you to play this game with headphones. :) Expand
  19. Jul 1, 2015
    Bellissimo,coloratissimo e difficilissimo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Oct 20, 2015
    A cute and very visually appealing platformer that improves from the Yoshi's Island 3DS game. It actually reminds me of a more polished Yoshi's Story. It even uses many of the same sounds and feels a lot like it's N64 predecessor.

Graphics: 10/10 The game's woolly appearance made me feel fuzzy and warm inside playing it and at times made me want to touch the TV screen in hopes it would feel soft like yarn. Unfortunately, it felt like a TV screen. The variety on Yoshi color schemes that can be unlocked on top of those you can add with Amiibos, you can never get tired of Yoshi!

Music: 7/10 The soundtrack is so-so. It won't be a soundtrack that we'll look back on years from now in awe like other Nintendo games, but the soundtrack is very calm and relaxing.

Controls: 9/10 The controls felt a little loose to me, especially in the level selection overworld and the game doesn't feel quite right on a Wii U joystick, but still feels natural like any other Yoshi platform game on the D-pad.

Gameplay: 5/10 Still felt too easy compared to the older Yoshi's Island games. And as easy as the levels were, the Boss battles seemed even easierI almost wonder if Nintendo will ever make another Yoshi game that is actually challenging to play again. Fortunately, if you're trying to get 100% with items, then the challenge is at least there.

Fun: 6/10 Not really a game you can sit down and lay for a long period of time. The relaxing music is almost too relaxing and the repetitiveness will probably start lulling you to sleep after awhile playing it, but is a good game to pick up to relieve stress.

Overall: 37/50: 74%
    Either a pass or play game. Not absolutely necessary for your Wii U library, but it's a good game to have if you want a relaxing game to play to pass time.
  21. Oct 29, 2015
    The great "Dinosaur/Yoshisaur" is BACK! This time in Yarn. Yoshi's Woolly World is very fun! There are a lot new features in this game like Mellow Mode, Some Badges, etc. This game is MUCH better than I expected. The graphics is one of THE best things in the game. The controls are easy to get used to, which is good. The Amiibo feature is THE best IMO. For example, you get a Yoshi as Mario,The great "Dinosaur/Yoshisaur" is BACK! This time in Yarn. Yoshi's Woolly World is very fun! There are a lot new features in this game like Mellow Mode, Some Badges, etc. This game is MUCH better than I expected. The graphics is one of THE best things in the game. The controls are easy to get used to, which is good. The Amiibo feature is THE best IMO. For example, you get a Yoshi as Mario, Yoshi as Luigi, and lots of other combinations. Hell, you can even unlock certain Yarn Yoshis in the game by crafting and putting them together. Multiplayer is fun as hell, love playing with my brother and it just keeps us smiling while Gaming (Lithium017 reference there, but I really mean it, it does bring a smile) playing together with someone can be very fun. The level designs are great, some are Challenging. Yoshi's Woolly World is one of the best Games I have ever played in my life and you should pick this and the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo if you ever get the chance to and if you hate YWW, you're WAY BEYOND silly as JB and BieberNinja. Expand
  22. Nov 6, 2015
    yoshi wolly world es uno de los mejores plataformas de wiiu y de yoshi de los últimos tiempo, un gran juego con una dificultad bien ajustada y niveles realmente creativos, me e llevado una gran sorpresa con la banda sonora alegre y pegadiza, un juego realmente satisfactorio para todo los amantes de las plataformas nintendo a logrado satisfacer al usuario después del correcto yoshi newyoshi wolly world es uno de los mejores plataformas de wiiu y de yoshi de los últimos tiempo, un gran juego con una dificultad bien ajustada y niveles realmente creativos, me e llevado una gran sorpresa con la banda sonora alegre y pegadiza, un juego realmente satisfactorio para todo los amantes de las plataformas nintendo a logrado satisfacer al usuario después del correcto yoshi new island y deja huella con un plataformas colorido, creativo y mágico con un final muy bien construido, en fin, yoshi es un gran plataformas de los mejores de wii u y de este año, recomendado a todos los amantes de yoshi y sus plataformas.. Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2015
    I was in the middle of world 1 when I realize how much I like this game.
    A little background I'm a 32 years old casual gamer who lately uses his wii u to unwind from work, and when he has time play PC games (like system shock 2, hl, portal, bioshock).
    I was in the middle of world 1 when I realize how much I like this game.
    But this Yoshi's Wooly World took me to another point in my life, while playing, suddenly I feel felt like I'm on my teens playing snes, I had a Mario World nostalgia that I couldn't believed. Everything is good the graphics, the level design, the user experience, the challenge of getting all the items in a course, the refreshing fact that you can have a new yoshi for every level, man even the amiibos look good.
    That's a good game, a game that not only entertains but a medium to go back to the days of yore.
  24. Oct 29, 2015
    The game is an incredible show of cuteness and creativity, not forgetting the fun of the already known Yoshi`s gameplay always had.
    The Wolly`s ambience is a very pleasure sight and gives a totally new look to the game, what paired with the soundtrack makes a very relaxing experience.

Indeed, in my opinion, the most fun is the adaptations of the known Yoshi`s gamplay to the Wolly World. Everyting is so detalied and, clearly, made with so care that overflows creavity.

Do not deceive yourself. Yoshi`s Wooly World is not only a game for childrens, girls or any other preconception you can have. Is a game for people who loves videogames and doesn`t think that the only way of making games is with giant and, sometimes poor, opens worlds and realistic graphycs.
  25. Nov 5, 2015
    This is a terrific game that deserves anybody's attention. It's very creative, beautiful, and clever in every way. Grab yourself a buddy (or spouse), play this on co-op, and go for those collectibles! Yoshi's Woolly World is packed with fun secrets to find, and a lot of the levels are perfectly built for 2 players.

If any review said the game was "too easy", they were playing it wrong.

If any review said the game was "too easy", they were playing it wrong. You could probably blow through all of these levels if you wanted to, but those people shouldn't be reviewing games, now should they? Sit back, hunt for treasures with a friend, and enjoy all of the work they put into this beautiful game.

The soundtrack is top-notch, catchy goodness. The controls, gameplay, and design are solid. If this game doesn't get proper attention now, I'm confident it will later.

Also, GameSpot's review is trash. Who's reviewing Nintendo games over there? A chimp?
  26. Nov 9, 2015
    Yoshi's Woolly World is surprisingly awesome. I am 30 years old and a fan of all sorts of games, but this particular game is proving to be one of the more thoughtful games on the Wii U. It's game play is excellent and the graphics are very well rendered.

I would recommend this game to anyone! I cannot stop smiling while playing this game! If you need a game to make you feel better, this might be it.
  27. Dec 16, 2015
    a game that was just made to make you happy. that may sound gay, but this game is not ashamed of it. the disgrace is that this seems to be an exception in the gaming industry these days. a game that is gorgeous, fun, colorful, pretty, and with cool gameplay with enough to differentiate it from nintendo's other platforming franchises. oh, and -- would you believe it? -- it's not broken ata game that was just made to make you happy. that may sound gay, but this game is not ashamed of it. the disgrace is that this seems to be an exception in the gaming industry these days. a game that is gorgeous, fun, colorful, pretty, and with cool gameplay with enough to differentiate it from nintendo's other platforming franchises. oh, and -- would you believe it? -- it's not broken at launch! crazy, right? Expand
  28. Dec 12, 2015
    Yoshi's Woolly World is a beautifully crafted game. It's artistic style is not only a cute sight, but creates some interesting game mechanics, such as the use of curtains and yarn balls. The game does a great job of following in past Yoshi's Island games in terms of collectables as well as adding even more to it through Yoshi Designs. So if you like collecting things, this game willYoshi's Woolly World is a beautifully crafted game. It's artistic style is not only a cute sight, but creates some interesting game mechanics, such as the use of curtains and yarn balls. The game does a great job of following in past Yoshi's Island games in terms of collectables as well as adding even more to it through Yoshi Designs. So if you like collecting things, this game will satisfy that need. While the game doesn't get all that difficult as you go along and the final boss isn't exactly as spectacular compared to Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Island DS, the game still has its tricky moments through secret levels. And even if people do find it trickier than expected, the mellow mode makes for an easy way to scout out a level. Overall, Yoshi's Woolly World is a great Wii U title that is sure to capture the eyes of Yoshi fans of any age. Expand
  29. Jul 2, 2015
    yoshi's woolly world is an excellent platformer well paced relaxing great soundtrack fun collectibles highly underrated one of nintendos finest and one of the last great games on the wii u based on what games are going to released for wii u in the future i recommend that everyone gets this a platformer for all ages 10/10
  30. Jul 28, 2015
    this incredible game and since phases and level designi so incredible that magic Yoshis, this game is the bes plataformer 2d definetly on par with the SNES counterpart
  31. Oct 19, 2015
    excelente juego de plataformas ideal para jugar con tus amigas o tu novia totalmente divertido y sobre todo hermoso graficamente!. ahora mi wii u esta conformada con mas de 20 titulos totalmente agradables y graficamente muy muy buenos!
  32. Jun 26, 2015
    IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I can't believe that for 20 long years after that masterpiece of Yoshi's Island for SNES, the little green dinosaur didn't get another great game (the DS one was just alright, while Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's New Island..... UGH...). This game is BRILLIANT in every way, gameplay, graphics, music, longevity, difficulty, PERFECT. I couldn't ask more from aIT'S ABOUT TIME FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I can't believe that for 20 long years after that masterpiece of Yoshi's Island for SNES, the little green dinosaur didn't get another great game (the DS one was just alright, while Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's New Island..... UGH...). This game is BRILLIANT in every way, gameplay, graphics, music, longevity, difficulty, PERFECT. I couldn't ask more from a new Yoshi game! Welcome back Yoshi, I really missed you.... Expand
  33. Jul 1, 2015
    una obra maravillosa y hermosa, realmente dificil llegar a conseguir todos los coleccionables pero este realmente me deja relajarme al jugarlo, muy contento con este juego, realmente algo de calidad para la consola.
  34. Jul 16, 2015
    This game is fun but after I bought it I played it for awhile but it never caught me into that trance of just playing the game like slpatoon and shash 4 it is fun and charming but it isn't captivating enough at the moment of writing this review I am only up to world 3 but I haven't been caught into the trap of playing the game over others
  35. Oct 19, 2015
    Finally a good Yoshi game, this game is fun & beautiful to look at, the controls are basic but work the gameplay is the most important factor & it's all there the levels vary from some being great & some just good but no level stood out as being bad. This is a very good game & shouldn't be missed
  36. Aug 4, 2015
    Awesome, it is just Awesome! Its is one of the best games in the Yoshi´s Island franchise, it it much more fun then Yoshi´s new Island on the 3DS ! If you´ve played Yoshi´s Island on SNES or Yoshi Story on N64, this feels so much the same way.
  37. Oct 16, 2015
    The cutest game I have ever played. Adorable Yarn Yoshi, endearing little puppy, gorgeous HD yarn world. Lots of puzzles and platforming, and a good deal of challenge. Dripping with heart, absolutely a joy!
  38. Jun 26, 2015
    This game is fantastic!!!! If you want to play a good game, forget about the Batman Arkham **** play Yoshi's Woolly World. GOTY 2015, unlike fallout 4
  39. Oct 31, 2015
    Kids will LOVE this game... It cute cuddly and it's very easy to play.. my 6 year old son love this game. If you are an adult though it's below average... Once you get used to the amazing graphics it's kinda boring because it is way too easy. Unless you want to unlock everything and find all secrets , then it is a little bit challenging. I feel they could have made a much better job withKids will LOVE this game... It cute cuddly and it's very easy to play.. my 6 year old son love this game. If you are an adult though it's below average... Once you get used to the amazing graphics it's kinda boring because it is way too easy. Unless you want to unlock everything and find all secrets , then it is a little bit challenging. I feel they could have made a much better job with this game... The origilan yoshis island is a much better game. Better buy from nintendo e-shop the original if you want a challenge. If you have kids though it is a must buy. Expand
  40. Dec 4, 2015
    This is an awesome game for both kids and adults alike. Gameplay is near flawless. Characters are awesome. Graphics are as good as anything I have seen this generation on any system. This is borderline a must have for the Wii U console.
  41. Jun 29, 2015
    So Yoshi is back after sooo many Years.

And we get a wooly world version. I waited with the review after I played the game trought. What can I say? I have mixed feelings about it. Graphix look very nice ... HD Textures and that Yarn looks awesome, but I rather prefered a Yoshi Game with more Mature Looks. Its just a Personal Opinion of mine. Gameplay is decent. First 4
    So Yoshi is back after sooo many Years.

And we get a wooly world version.

I waited with the review after I played the game trought.
    What can I say? I have mixed feelings about it.

Graphix look very nice ... HD Textures and that Yarn looks awesome,
    but I rather prefered a Yoshi Game with more Mature Looks. Its
    just a Personal Opinion of mine.

Gameplay is decent. First 4 Worlds are really easy ,maybe too easy.
    I get it that Nintendo also want to reach to younger Audience, but
    why dont include 1.easy mode like this one and one Hard Mode for us
    "Donkey Kong Level" Player?

The only thing that makes the game difficult is to find all collectables in the levels.
    I had to play alot of levels over and over again to reach that 100%

Nice Try from Nintendo , but there is a feeling in the Air that they dont care much
    for the WIIU and waiting with the big games for NX...
  42. Jan 12, 2016
    I don't know why Nintendo insists on ruining good game franchises. They did it with Star Fox and to a lesser extent Legend of Zelda and Metroid.

Nintendo fans get excited by a specific game franchise because of certain expectations they have from a name brand. Yoshi's Wolly World isn't a bad game by any means, but I was constantly just thinking about how I would have really just

Yoshi's Wolly World isn't a bad game by any means, but I was constantly just thinking about how I would have really just liked a new Yoshi's Island.
  43. Oct 18, 2015
    lets be real here that gamespot review was garbage i mean the guy plays a game he didnt want to review and then makes a total arse of himself. he kept contradicting himself god damn.

but the game is fantastic honestly its severely underrated and a lot of people who hate it are nostalgia blind autists.
  44. Jul 10, 2016
    I love games I can play co-op with my daughter, and Yoshi was a great addition to that club, like Mario 3D World, Rayman, Kirby. The game was super cute, has excellent gameplay, gorgeous graphics, allowed us to use almost all of our 50 amiibo as Yoshi costumes, and has plenty of challenge after you beat it.
  45. Dec 28, 2015
    One of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. It's awesome to look at and very satisfying to play and the main challenge is the puzzle in each level. I've never been a huge fan of side scrollers like Mario but this is a really fantastic game, the only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because it's not difficult it's more a brain teaser trying to find all the collectables in each level.One of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. It's awesome to look at and very satisfying to play and the main challenge is the puzzle in each level. I've never been a huge fan of side scrollers like Mario but this is a really fantastic game, the only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because it's not difficult it's more a brain teaser trying to find all the collectables in each level. If you're looking for a more relaxing and fun game to play this is definitely it! Expand
  46. Jan 12, 2016
    Yoshi's Woolly World is yet another creative, superb outing for Nintendo. Think Super Mario 3D World meshed together with Kirby's Epic Yarn. Yes, it's every bit as good as it sounds. Woolly World is one of Yoshi's all-time best outings, right up there with Yoshi's Island for SNES. The creativity in this game is evident, with all of the new gameplay elements, such as crafting and throwingYoshi's Woolly World is yet another creative, superb outing for Nintendo. Think Super Mario 3D World meshed together with Kirby's Epic Yarn. Yes, it's every bit as good as it sounds. Woolly World is one of Yoshi's all-time best outings, right up there with Yoshi's Island for SNES. The creativity in this game is evident, with all of the new gameplay elements, such as crafting and throwing yarn balls, unraveling yarn structures and the brilliant amiibo functionality.

Woolly World is absolutely beautiful. It's one of the best looking Wii U games out there with lush and vibrant colors. Music in the game ranges from acoustic to electronic and fits perfectly with the yarn-filled backdrops. The gameplay is as fun and fluid as can be, with excellent platforming. Whether you are going it alone or with a friend via local multiplayer, Yoshi's Woolly World is one adventure you should not miss out on.
  47. Nov 28, 2015
    Really loved this game at the start, but later levels are frustrating and really annoying, when the player gets stuck or dies it should be their own fault and not because the levels are poorly designed to make progress frustrating. Compare this game to the core Mario games developed by Nintendo and you will see what I mean, it's just bad that a game with Nintendo characters like this isReally loved this game at the start, but later levels are frustrating and really annoying, when the player gets stuck or dies it should be their own fault and not because the levels are poorly designed to make progress frustrating. Compare this game to the core Mario games developed by Nintendo and you will see what I mean, it's just bad that a game with Nintendo characters like this is subcontracted out to another developer. Expand
  48. Feb 1, 2016
    The original Yoshi-based adventure game, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, was an excellent late surprise in the SNES library. Released as Nintendo's focus was already shifting to the Nintendo 64, it was a breath of fresh air with its highly innovative platforming mechanics and fresh pencil-like art style. Yoshi's Woolly World takes that game's legacy and runs with it, and while itThe original Yoshi-based adventure game, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, was an excellent late surprise in the SNES library. Released as Nintendo's focus was already shifting to the Nintendo 64, it was a breath of fresh air with its highly innovative platforming mechanics and fresh pencil-like art style. Yoshi's Woolly World takes that game's legacy and runs with it, and while it doesn't offer a lot of innovation this time around, it's the kind of sequel fans of the original game would undoubtedly sign for.

Gameplay-wise, Woolly World is a fairly normal 2D platformer. You'll tackle different thematic worlds, each containing a few separate stages, as well as boss battles and a secret level. Yoshi's moves, including the air flutter and the egg-throwing mechanic, are back, and they remain excellent additions, even if they don't make quite as big an impression as they did when they were actually new ideas. Collectibles are present, of course: flowers unlock each world's secret level, special gems unlock Miiverse stamps, and the different-colored yarn rolls (my favorites) unlock fun new thematic costumes for Yoshi.

While the level design is actually pretty great, even I must admit to feeling a little burned out by Wii U sidescrollers at this point, as the game's overall structure doesn't do much to differentiate itself from the likes of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and New Super Mario Bros U. It's comfort food, then, and not necessarily a game people will fawn over, but it's so pristinely crafted that the experience ends up quite fulfilling.

As you may infer from screenshots, the art direction in the game is absolutely fantastic. The yarn theme is beyond adorable, and the characterization of the overworld as an actual table with knitting supplies goes a long way to pull players into the game's schtick. Both Yoshi and his enemies are all wonderfully animated, full of quirky little mannerisms, and the laid-back soundtrack offers the perfect vibe to just sit back and enjoy the whole thing.

Sometimes things get a bit too laid back, though: the actual level of challenge on most stages is a bit too low, making most of the game too much of a walk in the park, especially when compared to the excellent Tropical Freeze. Exceptions are the secret levels, which often require precise platforming skills and masterful use of Yoshi's abilities. If you're going for 100% completion, you'll also find a very good challenge in tracking down all of the collectibles, even if some of them (specifically, the twenty marked gems in each stage) feel a bit unneeded in the face of more rewarding items. Still, it's a shame that more stages couldn't go a bit further in the difficulty department, especially with the level design being as good as it is.

The game also features great local multiplayer mechanics and neat costume-based amiibo integration, rounding it up as a neat package for platforming fans. Even with an overall structure that has begun feeling a bit old again, Yoshi's Woolly World is a worthy entry in the series, and quite likely the best one since the original initially surprised us more than twenty years ago.

Rating: 8.0
  49. Feb 22, 2016
    Otimo jogo , nada melhr que relembrar as aventuras de yoshi . graficos que levam o console no seu maior nivel , jogabilidade fluida e a melhor parte sem duvidas eh a trilha sonora , imperdivel
  50. Feb 13, 2016
    I just finished Yoshi's Woolly World and completed 100% of the game (Boss Tent, all collectibles, etc.), which took me about 20 hours. Overall, I can say that I really enjoyed the game and recommend that anyone who owns a Wii U at least rent it.

Most of the negative reviews I read about this game, is that it is "too easy". Did I think it was easy? Yes. Did this take away from the fun I had playing the game and trying to unlocking everything? No. Just because a game isn't insanely punishing or has a ridiculously high learning curve, doesn't mean that it can't be enjoyable. This is coming from someone that enjoys playing games such as Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Enjoy the game for what it is. A vibrant world with an adorable dinosaur that eats enemies and turns them into balls of yarn you can chuck at other enemies.
  51. Oct 22, 2015
    One of the most aesthetically pleasing games I've ever experienced. The visuals are comfortable and vibrant, the music is perfectly fitting, and the general theme of the game is very inviting.

In regards to Yoshi's Island, this game is the closest thing I've found to a successor. Yoshi's Woolly World plays and feels almost identically to Yoshi's Island. The controls feel a slight bit (I'm talking micro-amounts) heavy, but it hasn't hindered my ability to play the game in any way. Just takes some getting used to, is all.
    The level mechanics are very similar as well. There are five flowers to collect per stage, just as there were in Yoshi's Island.
    In addition to flowers, there are also five Wonder Wools hidden in every stage. Collecting all five Wonder Wools in a stage will reward you with an alternate design for Yoshi, allowing you (and a second player, if you're playing co-op) to customize your Yoshi with one of over 50 color schemes.
    Red coins were replaced with Stamp Patches (20 in each stage, just like red coins), which will award you with a set of stamps to use with Miiverse upon collecting certain amounts.
    Stars were replaced with a health meter, with 20 maximum hearts instead of 30 maximum stars. Upon taking damage, you'll lose a certain amount of hearts (I believe 5). These can be very scarce, however, which can tempt you to restart a level just by being hit once in order to finish the level with a full health meter (for completion purposes).
    Needless to say, there's a huge amount of collectibles in this game, and just beating each level isn't enough to 100% the game, so there's a ton of replay value.

Coins were replaced with beads, which are abundant in each level. Beads can be used to purchase Power Badges before starting a level, which can give you a variety of different bonuses and invulnerabilities to help you beat annoying levels and to make backtracking for collectibles that much easier.

A ton of effort went into making this game, and every level shows it. One of the reasons people liked Yoshi's Island so much was that there was a new mechanic introduced in every single level. I'm currently on World 3 and this formula seems to be used for this game as well. Each level I've played so far is built around a brand new mechanic that hasn't been seen in the game before, keeping the game fresh throughout.

My girlfriend and I have a blast with the cooperative mode. You can grab and spit each other out, or turn your partner into a yarn ball and throw them. This results in both hilarity and a very satisfying teamwork element.

All in all, I can count the amount of flaws this game has on one hand, and I only brought them up to give an unbiased review; I've rarely complained about them while playing the game. If you're a fan of the original Yoshi's Island, and/or have been trying to find a good Yoshi game, you can't go wrong here. Yoshi's Woolly World is bursting at the seams with charm, beauty, and fun gameplay, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a better spiritual successor to Yoshi's Island than this. Definitely recommended.
  52. Mar 30, 2016
    If it was a rule to describe this wonderful game in a single word this word should be CUTE! This beautiful game is so cute, enjoying and unexpectedly deep that you can't expect just looking on the screenshots or youtube video. Keep in mind that the best way to play it in co-op mode, it plays much different than in single mode. This game brings a lot of beautiful moments for our family.If it was a rule to describe this wonderful game in a single word this word should be CUTE! This beautiful game is so cute, enjoying and unexpectedly deep that you can't expect just looking on the screenshots or youtube video. Keep in mind that the best way to play it in co-op mode, it plays much different than in single mode. This game brings a lot of beautiful moments for our family. Definitely must have game! Expand
  53. May 8, 2016
    One of the most beautiful games ever created by Nintendo, Yoshi's Wooly World is on par with the SNES masterpice "Yoshi's Island". The graphics are the most creative I've seen since the 1995 game, everything is so alive. The music is fantastic , the Knitty Knotty Windmill music is one of the most memorable songs I've heard since Theme of Laura and Promise from Silent Hill 2 OST and ScarsOne of the most beautiful games ever created by Nintendo, Yoshi's Wooly World is on par with the SNES masterpice "Yoshi's Island". The graphics are the most creative I've seen since the 1995 game, everything is so alive. The music is fantastic , the Knitty Knotty Windmill music is one of the most memorable songs I've heard since Theme of Laura and Promise from Silent Hill 2 OST and Scars of Time from Chrono Cross. All sounds Yoshi makes are adorable. The gameplay is extremely fun and the level design is smart and challenging, the game got a high replay value because all of the extras to be unlocked from collecting hidden itens. One of the most cute and well crafted games ever made and a AAA title for the WiiU. Yoshi's Wooly World made the console worth for me. Thanks Nintendo, for delivering such amazing experience to us. Expand
  54. Oct 29, 2015
    Simplemente genial. En el apartado gráfico tiene unas texturas muy hermosas con ese aspecto de lana del juego, un sonido acorde a este tipo de juegos del mundo de yoshi, una jugabilidad simplemente perfecta, sin lags ni nada por el estilo y sobretodo NO ES UN JUEGO ABURRIDO COMO MUCHOS DE LA INDUSTRIA DE HOY, siendo una delicia para los fans de las plataformas.
  55. Nov 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just ran through it and didn't go out of my way to collect things, and i have to say: It's adorable and if you've played Yoshi's Story or Island or even both, it'll give you nostalgia. Well. not entirely, since the graphics are based on wool.

Also, people are saying it's easy and short. The bosses are easy, but the levels are head scratchers at times.
    That is, if you don't use Mellow Mode or Badges. Sadly though, Mellow Mode doesn't help much in making it easier, as it's hover actually deters you in some levels, the badges though, i could say, might even be considered cheats.

But all that is entirely optional.
  56. Oct 17, 2015
    Solid nine, if only because the difficulty is lacking. It's a feelgood game that you'd expect from Nintendo's little dragon-dinosaur thing. The music is cutesy, the controls are solid and not at all floaty.
  57. Oct 19, 2015
    This game is simply gorgeous in music, display, function, and flow. It has a casual mode for those who would like to enjoy a stroll through the worlds looking for items in a relaxed way. Just perfect for older folks who want to unwind after a long work day. Playing transports the player into Yoshi's world due to its intriguing and delightful charm. Not many games offer such an immersingThis game is simply gorgeous in music, display, function, and flow. It has a casual mode for those who would like to enjoy a stroll through the worlds looking for items in a relaxed way. Just perfect for older folks who want to unwind after a long work day. Playing transports the player into Yoshi's world due to its intriguing and delightful charm. Not many games offer such an immersing experience combined with a light-hearted and adventurous spirit. Not a cake-walk by any means! Most players will find themselves repeating a level a couple of times in order to collect all the items. It is challenging, but not to the extreme. It is fast becoming one of my all time favorites. Expand
  58. Oct 22, 2015
    El universo de yoshi es solo sonreír y divertirse sin mayor nivel de reto, entendiendo esto este juego no tiene defecto alguno, perfecto en todo sentido, recomendado para desestresarse y pasar un buen rato.
    Felicidades a Nintendo y a Takashi Tezuka.
  59. Nov 5, 2015
    This game is very cool and the ambition is very beutiful,amazing worlds,enemys ,the controls is very reconmended but this game is very easy and the final boss is very simple
  60. Nov 14, 2015
    Graphical guti guti beautiful, good gameplay, story is cool at least not the pitch princess being captured by bawser, know it that's the game: p
    Final note: 8.1
  61. Feb 26, 2016
    Man this game is beautiful, Yoshi´s woolly world is one of the best 2-D platformers i have ever played and that's saying alot since i played a TON of platformers in my life and this one is one of the greatest.

STORY: Yoshi´s woolly world starts with kamek, the evil koopa wizard, transforming all the yoshi's of the island into skeins of wool, however a green and red yoshi manage to hide and go after kamek to restore the yoshi's back to their original form, the story is extremely simple, but fun.

PRESENTATION: OH MY GOD!!!! THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL!!!, most of the world is made of yarn and other house things like velcro, buttons, ice, springs, etc, the environment's are great looking and all the things look dangerously cute, the enemies, bosses, characters, environment's, just downright everything looks and feels great, same applies to the music which is also great, there are 64 songs in total and they are all amazing.

GAMEPLAY: First of all yoshi's woolly world plays like a typical yoshi game, you can run, jump and then do the flutter jump so you can get some extra air time, eat things to turn it into yarn balls, which you can use to do many things in this game like defeating enemies, fill up platforms that are incomplete, transform a chain chomp to a giant ball of yarn and then eat it to turn it back to normal in order to guide him to places you need him too go, yeah you get the point, the yarn aesthetics and mechanics are used to their maximum potential in this game and like i said you can do a lot of things with it.
    The levels are pretty long and there are (no joke) 40 collectables in each stage, which consists in 5 flowers, 5 skeins of wool, 20 stamps and 20 hearts, collecting all the flowers will unlock a secret world in each world, the skeins of wool will unlock a new skin yoshi, the stamps are for miiverse post's and the earth's don't do anything, however collecting all of this things in a level will grant you a star in the name of the level, collecting all the flowers of every level in every world will unlock a final level in center of the island which is the equivalent of champion's road of super mario 3D world, a super hard level that requires a lot of skill to complete aaaaaand if you collect everything in every level of every world you will unlock a platinum yoshi.
    After you beat the game you will unlock a boss run, fight all the bosses (which are great by the way, tho some of them can be pretty easy) on a harder difficulty, if you do this you will unlock a bronze, silver and gold yoshi. The game is compatible with amiibo, taping any amiibo will unlock a new skin yoshi plus if you have the yarn yoshi amiibo, you can create a second yoshi that follows your every move, tho it is chaotic just like the 2 player mode.
    While playing the game you can unlock badges that can help you in your journey, some of them can be really helpful like the one that let's you see almost every secret that a level has, and you are gona need it because this game is pretty challenging in terms of completing it 100%, this is because some of the collectables are hidden extremely well, however finding everything is not the hardest part for me, no that honor goes to trying to maintain the 20 hearts in every level, that's because (specially in the boss levels) you can only get hit so many time before you need to restart the entire level to try again!!!. So if you are gonna go for 100% completion you better be prepared because you will spend a lot of time, for me it was 27 hours!!!!, soooo yeah if you think that this game is not gonna be that long, that man, you don't know how wrong you are, because even when i played without 100% completion, the game still clocked at 12 hours!.

In conclusion yoshi's woolly world is a great 2D platformer, with great controls, graphics, levels, length, music, gameplay, that i recommend to anyone with a wii u, i'll give it a 9/10.
  62. Dec 6, 2015
    Great amount of content and level variety and a top notch soundtrack,Best Yoshi game since the SNES original, Only downside is the enemies are too cute to kill at times XD
  63. Dec 25, 2015
    It's a breath of fresh air for video games. Cute and artistic graphics, great gameplay, and I've never been so compelled by yarn. One of the top 5 Wii U games to date.
  64. Feb 5, 2016
    A very cute Yoshi must-own game for every Wii U owner and Yoshi fan. It doesn't get built up that well compared to the original Yoshi's Island, but this new Yoshi adventure is a grand adventure you don't want to miss.
  65. Jan 2, 2016
    This game is so beautiful and adorable... I don't know where to start. Those little yarn Yoshi's are just impossibly cute.

It's a great game for kids just on the great graphics and cuteness alone - I feel I could almost walk into the TV and hug all those plushy Yoshi's. I can't, unfortunately, though I have hugged the Yarn Yoshi amiibo that came with mine. Besides the adorableness,

Besides the adorableness, the game is also fun to play. For younger kids who have trouble with tough games, playing through won't frustrate them. If you're older and want a good challenge, getting all the collectibles will satisfy a lot of you. The most hardcore gamers might find this a touch too easy, but this game will still appeal to most people. I definitely recommend it.
  66. Jan 9, 2016
    Graphically, it's an amazing game. Nintendo finds ways to turn every little thing into something related to yarn. For instance, a shy guy wields a crocheting tool instead of a spear. Some complain the game is too easy, but that really doesn't matter. This game gives you a special feeling that no other game gives. If this game was difficult, it would completely override that feeling. IGraphically, it's an amazing game. Nintendo finds ways to turn every little thing into something related to yarn. For instance, a shy guy wields a crocheting tool instead of a spear. Some complain the game is too easy, but that really doesn't matter. This game gives you a special feeling that no other game gives. If this game was difficult, it would completely override that feeling. I applaud Nintendo for making that decision. Not to mention., the collectibles are super fun to get, and they also give you twice as much playtime on the game. So what are the point of collectibles? First of all, there is wonder wool. They give you an adorable playable Yoshi as a reward. Next one is sunflowers. If you collect all the sunflowers in a world, you get a secret level. If you get all the wonder wool in that level, you get a Yoshi that has the appearance of a Nintendo console (which is awesome) Expand
  67. Jan 19, 2016
    hermoso, gráficamente, no se necesita realismo, ya que lo importante es la diversión, cosa que sabe hacer muy bien Nintendo, lastima que las compañías de tercera parte le hayan dado la espalda al genial Wii U, pero no importa la única consola con mas de 90% de exclusivas, la mas leal con los usuarios, y la única que ofrece por lo que todos comenzamos en los videojuegos, y sigue apostandohermoso, gráficamente, no se necesita realismo, ya que lo importante es la diversión, cosa que sabe hacer muy bien Nintendo, lastima que las compañías de tercera parte le hayan dado la espalda al genial Wii U, pero no importa la única consola con mas de 90% de exclusivas, la mas leal con los usuarios, y la única que ofrece por lo que todos comenzamos en los videojuegos, y sigue apostando por hacer un producto de calidad, honesto, y divertido, aunado a la hermosa experiencia de arte. Expand
  68. Jan 18, 2016
    On it's own it is a very cute and relaxing game to play, but compared to the original it's pretty bland. A lot of the challenge comes from finding all the secondary items. The music is pretty lack luster as well. A lot of the tracks are recycled throughout the different levels. I was most excited to be able to play co-op, but that has some some frustrating down falls. Minor things like notOn it's own it is a very cute and relaxing game to play, but compared to the original it's pretty bland. A lot of the challenge comes from finding all the secondary items. The music is pretty lack luster as well. A lot of the tracks are recycled throughout the different levels. I was most excited to be able to play co-op, but that has some some frustrating down falls. Minor things like not being able to simple walk past the other player and if you go slightly off screen from your partner, you automatically die, really bog down the enjoyment of playing with someone else.

If you are not familiar with the original version of the game, I would say give it a try. But if you are a large fan of the original, don't get your hopes up too high.
  69. Jan 29, 2016
    Uno de los pocos juegos realmente adaptado a todas las edades. Disfrutable para los por su profundidad de exploración y cantidad de logros a conseguir, y asequible a niños de cinco años por su ayudas opciones (modo relajado, un perrete que te ayuda, un segundo yoshi si usas el amiibo e incluso posibilidad de saltarte un nivel con el que no hay manera). Además es muuuuuuy bonito, bienUno de los pocos juegos realmente adaptado a todas las edades. Disfrutable para los por su profundidad de exploración y cantidad de logros a conseguir, y asequible a niños de cinco años por su ayudas opciones (modo relajado, un perrete que te ayuda, un segundo yoshi si usas el amiibo e incluso posibilidad de saltarte un nivel con el que no hay manera). Además es muuuuuuy bonito, bien hecho, cuidado y con una duración correcta. Expand
  70. Apr 30, 2016
    El juego es original, para mi gusto un poco tedioso, pero se rescata totalmente con la musica que esta maravillosa y el diseño de los niveles, el uso de los amiibos me parecio bastante simple, en general es un muy buen juego, sin duda va para mi coleccion personal de juegos
  71. Jun 7, 2016
    This game is awesome. First things first the amiibo compatibility is some of the best because almost all amiibo give you special woolly costumes for Yoshi and they are done very well. Yes this game is somewhat of a collect-a-thon but I love it for that reason. If you are completionist this game is for you! The graphics are stunning. This game can actually be challenging. With great levelThis game is awesome. First things first the amiibo compatibility is some of the best because almost all amiibo give you special woolly costumes for Yoshi and they are done very well. Yes this game is somewhat of a collect-a-thon but I love it for that reason. If you are completionist this game is for you! The graphics are stunning. This game can actually be challenging. With great level design and so many collectibles to find this will keep you busy! I feel like this game is sadly underrated and deserves more attention. Expand
  72. Jul 28, 2016
    My only problem with the game is that it ripoffs Kirby's Epic Yarn but besides that the gameplay is how you expect from a yoshi game and the game is the 2nd cutest of the yoshi games.

1. Dec 23, 2015
    Yoshi's Woolly World manages, with great success, is accessible and yet difficult, old and yet new.
  2. Nov 18, 2015
    Not every level in Yoshi’s Woolly World is a winner, and the game suffers in comparison to the absolutely magical Super Mario 3D World, which still easily ranks as the Wii U’s best platformer. But it deftly pulls off the trick of being both stupendously cute and technically well-crafted, appealing to youngsters drawn in by the sweet plush Yoshis and to more skilled gamers looking to challenge their reflexes and item-hunting skills.
    Overall, Yoshi’s Woolly World is a “Nintendo” game at its finest. The game not only draws in gamers with a captivating art-style and excellent soundtrack, but it also keeps them engaged with spectacular and diverse gameplay elements. Fortunately, Yoshi’s Woolly World packs in a wealth of options too, which accommodate new players as well as Nintendo veterans alike.