7.1

1. May 5, 2014
    Zen Pinball 2 has great tables. They are excellent. But getting to the tables is the biggest challenge in Zen Pinball 2. The menu system is AWFUL! You can download Zen Pinball 2 for free from the e-shop, but you need to buy each table. Unfortunately, it's far too difficult to buy tables because of the selection system. You can also play demos of each table, but demos are over in ten seconds. What the hell! When trying to buy tables, the unhelpful menu system seems like it is trying to put every obstruction between you and the tables. It's bizzare. I thought Zen wanted to make money here! Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2013
    It's pinball, it's fun, it's addicting. Is it a pain in the backside to get all the tables downloaded & ready? YES. That however to me does not and should not effect the scoring.
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    I have to give this 10/10. Best pinball experience I've ever had. Physics lack nothing. Tables are gorgeous. The amount of content for the is the best aspect. The missions and scoring features are enough to keep you busy for many hours. Zen Studios put the tables on sale for 50% off. I bought five of them for $6.50. Feels like I should have paid at least $20.
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    Zen pinball 2 is really what you want from a pinball game. I used to play real pinballs and this game really gives you an pinball experience like it should be and for me i really have the feeling like i am playing a real pinball Some pinballs i like more then others so first tray out the tables and buy the ones you like most I give this game a 9 i really like everything about this game Ok the download takes some time but afterwords you can play as long as you would like Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    This is an awesome pinball simulation with plenty of flexibility on how you want to spend your money. You can pick the tables you want and won't have to pay for content youre not interested in.
    The physics are very sound and the table topics have a wide range, interesting design and plenty of secrets to discover.

I can not believe that professional reviewers think they have to
    downscore the Wii edition that is practically identical with the PS3 version, just because they are too stupid to make a nintendo eshop purchase. How that has anything to do with the quality of the game is beyond me. Expand
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    Zen pinball 2 is a great pinball game, zen studios creates the best pinball games! I will Firstly,gameplay, the gameplay is brilliant. Off-TV mode is also supported. There are no free tables. For each table theres a demo. so if your playing a demo of a table theres a limit of 60 seconds then it exits you to the menu. you can play demos as many times as you want. The process of downloading new tables and trials (demos) is terrible! when you click 'buy table' in the game menu it tells you to go to the eshop. so i have to push the home button wait for the eshop to load, find the gamepage, and select what you want to download, you can only download 5 tables at a time in your download management. When a table is finished downloading, you have to exit the game, and open it back up. this is unconvenient, it should be done via in-game. The score of this game would of been 8 but the download process is not user friendly.

Besides from download issues, this game is brilliant. If you brought a table, for example you brought the plants vs zombies table, you can see online rankings, friends rankings. and when your playing a table, after you beat your high score it shows the process to beating your friends high score. Besides, its always fun when you beat you friends high score, admit it haha.
  7. Jul 17, 2013

1. Apr 10, 2013
    A baffling barrier to entry. [May 2013, p.79]
  2. Zen Pinball remains top of the tables in this most recent iteration - it's just a shame that it's such an effort to get into playing the thing.
  3. Feb 4, 2013
    If Zen Pinball 2 is the beginning of a new distribution model on the Wii U eShop, of free apps accompanied by paid DLC, then it's an extremely rough start. The infrastructure is clunky and, to be blunt, unacceptable, which could be enough to put off some that decide it's too confusing or clumsy to be worth the effort.