• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2012
7.6

1. Jun 22, 2013
    Let's face it, when it comes to launch titles, people shouldn't expect too much, especially from Third Party developer. However, I have to admit that ZombiU is a solid title, which tries its hardest to utilize WiiU's functionality to the best of its abilities. This is not a FPS; it's a pretty hardcore survival horror game. Bitten by a zombie? You'll become one, and you will resume theLet's face it, when it comes to launch titles, people shouldn't expect too much, especially from Third Party developer. However, I have to admit that ZombiU is a solid title, which tries its hardest to utilize WiiU's functionality to the best of its abilities. This is not a FPS; it's a pretty hardcore survival horror game. Bitten by a zombie? You'll become one, and you will resume the game as another 'survivor', losing your loot in the process. When you have more than 2 zombies in front of you, moving headfirst will surely end your game prematurely. It leads to a lot of tension for sure. This is more of a survival horror title than the acclaimed RE series these days. The only bad thing: so so narrative, probably due to the 'perma death' system in the game. If you own a WiiU, and looking for a solid exclusive, give this one a look. Expand
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    ZombiU is a bit of a average score. Usually ZombiU is a survival but then soon as you get bitten you turn into a zombie. And since when you were human there where no zombies whats the point of being a zombie. Sure, there are good graphics and story but the point is a short time survival and boring zombie play.
  3. Jan 23, 2015
    There are lots of things I like about this game. The gamepad is used to great effect, the story and atmosphere is exciting, fighting zombies is fun. I like the way you start off as a different person when you die and can loot your old, now zombified, predecessor. The sense of tension is maintained nicely throughout. However there are downsides. The gamepad is used quite heavily by the gameThere are lots of things I like about this game. The gamepad is used to great effect, the story and atmosphere is exciting, fighting zombies is fun. I like the way you start off as a different person when you die and can loot your old, now zombified, predecessor. The sense of tension is maintained nicely throughout. However there are downsides. The gamepad is used quite heavily by the game so you can't play ZombiU as off-tv play - quite a big deal when you have a family all wanting to use the same TV in the living room. There's not enough variety in the melee weapons; you basically use the same weapon for the entire game. Ranged weapons are good but there isn't nearly enough ammunition for them. If you lose your weapons they are scattered throughout the world and it's a frustrating chore to find them - in fact there are some weapons I didn't even get to fire before losing them forever. The messages left by other players (online) seems a great idea at first but you soon realise they are a waste of time. There's a LOT of backtracking. The prepper who starts you off goes silent about half way through the game and overall you feel quite lonely making your way through this empty world. Overall a good game but not a great one. Expand
  4. May 22, 2015
    ZombiU succeeds at being a suspenseful survival-horror game. there's no doubt it's scary and there's no doubt it requires your full attention to survive. If you're looking for a nerve-racking game like this, you've found it with ZombiU. However, it's not quitethe ideal one. irst off, ther e a number of copy/paste rooms in the game which actually caused me to get lsot once wondering how I'dZombiU succeeds at being a suspenseful survival-horror game. there's no doubt it's scary and there's no doubt it requires your full attention to survive. If you're looking for a nerve-racking game like this, you've found it with ZombiU. However, it's not quitethe ideal one. irst off, ther e a number of copy/paste rooms in the game which actually caused me to get lsot once wondering how I'd gotten back to a preivous spot only to realize it was a different but identical room. Also, the game is just frustrating. Twenty minutes of progress can disappear upon one mistake. I know some people enjoy that, but it's just cruelty in my opinion. There's also local multiplayer in which one player plays as a survivor and the other controls zombies with their gamepad. It's fun for a few rounds but that's all. All in all, it's a true survival horror game and it's very frustrating at times. Expand
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    one of the least games that should get a chance

zombie u is one the eh games but a good game that has flaws but not bad game
    the thing that this game lacks is co op and online, the modes that it has is fun but still
  6. Dec 15, 2013
    I'm a little late to this party, ZombiU released a year ago, but in the very limited world of the Wii-U titles, its still a good option. The game features grainy graphics (ala Silent Hill) and complex controls that will drive you insane the first hour or so that you try to play. When I first loaded the game up, I said WTF?? these controls suck, but you will adjust eventually. TheI'm a little late to this party, ZombiU released a year ago, but in the very limited world of the Wii-U titles, its still a good option. The game features grainy graphics (ala Silent Hill) and complex controls that will drive you insane the first hour or so that you try to play. When I first loaded the game up, I said WTF?? these controls suck, but you will adjust eventually. The difficulty is brutal, you will die, and when you do you will play as a different survivor and your first task is finding your old character, who is now a zombie and killing him to loot your supplies back (original idea, gets old later on in the game). The story is absurd, but that survival horror feeling is strong and the game is very creepy. There is no run and gun (ala COD zombie modes) and there isn't much action (ala resident Evil). You must conserve your ammo, use melee attacks often and run for dear life. There really isn't another game on the market like ZombiU so there's nothing to compare it to. A close comparison might be a combination of the games "I am Alive" and "Amy", but much better than either of those two. For me, this was one the first games I picked up after purchasing a Wii-U, I'm too old for Super Mario part 6000 or another clusterphuked rehash of Zelda. I like Adult games and ZombiU, despite its flaws is very adult. My low score is reflective of the poorly designed controls. Expand
  7. Mar 14, 2013
    It's a fairly solid title, but it could have been so much better. The things it captures well is the feeling of true survival horror with limited ammo and tense gameplay, It also uses the Wii U GamePad very well as a "Survival Kit" featuring Map, Scanner and some other functionality.

Where it really falls short is some design issues, Your main weapon is a Cricket bat, but using it is slow and repetitive with normal zombies taking forever to die, the graphics are also fairly weak for a game designed exclusively for a new console where it should be showing off what the Wii U can do.

It's a solid title, one that survival horror fans will definitely love and I would still recommend it to people looking for a fun zombie game. There is great potential here for a sequel with improvements.
  8. Dec 28, 2014
    Nintendo is not that childish anymore isnt it.holy **** this game is teryfing. This to me is outlast before outlast was a thing. It is so creepy and it works great with the atmosphere. As a horror game this game gets a total 10/10. But as a zombie game it is still good with miner flaws here and there and one big flaw which i will discuss later. So the zombies (at least in my opinion) areNintendo is not that childish anymore isnt it.holy **** this game is teryfing. This to me is outlast before outlast was a thing. It is so creepy and it works great with the atmosphere. As a horror game this game gets a total 10/10. But as a zombie game it is still good with miner flaws here and there and one big flaw which i will discuss later. So the zombies (at least in my opinion) are not scary. And this is being told from a guy that has watched all the gorge romero zombie movies so i am a good qualifier. Another thing is the weapons. They are useful for sure but sometimes the controls get in my way and i end up failing my gun around like a **** idiot. And the biggest flaw is the graphics. Now i dont usualy talk about graphics but if you are making a zombie you better have some nice **** graphics to go. And sadly the graphics here are no good. Compare this to contagion or No more room in hell its kinda a downer. But non the less it is a lot of fun and every zombie fan should get it Expand
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    Completely unique. Take Atlus from Bioshock telling you what you need to do, Dead Island type zombie combat, Left 4 Dead type graphics, Dark Souls type difficulty, and an English setting. You get very little ammo and a flashlight. And your main weapon is a cricket bat. Huh?
    But it works....for the most part. First the graphics are passable. Nothing special but I suppose it has a look. Problem is it is the same look over and over again. Music is up to par as is the sound effects. Control is good except for the gun play but for a survivor game it is a work of freaking art. And yes. This game is actually scary.
    The story? Well.....You start off as a random person. When you die you die for good. Then you become another random person. However you can go and collect everything that your corpse left behind. It is a cool concept. Once you die that corpse supposed to become part of the game. The thing about the story is I really got over it kind of quick. Mainly because I spent half the time kind of worried about my surroundings. Is that a good thing? I think so. You have a guy called the Prepper who is trying to lead you the way. Pretty sure there is something up with that. My average playtime has only been about 20 minutes or so so maybe the story picks up later.
    The Wii Pad is an important tool as well and this game more than any other game at launch works great and is almost a necessity. It holds all of your weapons, sonar ability to see through walls when looking for zombies, hold your health, and stats. But looking at it can get you in trouble. Why? No pause button in the game. The game wants you to feel uneasy and it does a really great job. Another thing about it? It is violent. Still feels strange playing a Nintendo system with this kind of launch title. Another pretty cool feature is online play. You can leave people messages on the walls. But you cannot play co-op or together. You basically just bump into their zombie after they have passed. But being able to leave messages on the walls are a pretty unique feature I hope to see in future games.
    I think this game has got a bad rap. I think people are expecting a Left 4 Dead or a FPS. That is not what this game is. It is a survivor game.. Playing it gun ho is gonna get you killed. Not conserving ammo as big of a pain as it is to use guns will get you killed. But you have to take chances and keep moving. The game does what it was meant to do. Make the player uncomfortable and does something unique. Once you get passed the control and get used to dying the charm comes out. I do think the game could of used another 3-6 months to flesh out more ideas and maybe another month to fix some glitches and slowdown (I noticed slowdown more than I wanted) but at the same time I realize they had to make the launch date. Hopefully we get a patch. Props to Ubisoft for again having something different during a Nintendo launch. But unlike Red Steel which was completely awful. This could be the start of a trilogy. Good game that could of been great.
  10. Dec 3, 2012
    Zombie U takes a good concept but unfortunately doesn't do the best job of capitalizing on it. The game is very much a survival horror game with ammo and supplies scarce. The coolest part to me is that when your survivor dies you start off as a new one and you can actually run into the zombie version of the deceased survivor. You can also run into other zombies from other people's games ifZombie U takes a good concept but unfortunately doesn't do the best job of capitalizing on it. The game is very much a survival horror game with ammo and supplies scarce. The coolest part to me is that when your survivor dies you start off as a new one and you can actually run into the zombie version of the deceased survivor. You can also run into other zombies from other people's games if your Wii U is hooked up to the internet. The game pad control works fairly well in terms of managing your inventory as well as using a radar on it to detect zombies. The game just gets choppy and the missions are often bland. The graphics could also be a lot better and combat isn't as smooth as other zombie games like Left 4 Dead. In the end the game is a solid game but could have been a lot better. It's enjoyable especially if you enjoy survival horror but I would say wait for the price to come down. Expand
  11. Feb 4, 2015
    “How long will you survive?” Ubisoft’s Zombi U is a fresh and surprisingly innovative addition to the first person survival horror genre and a good attempt at showing that the Wii U isn’t just for family friendly Nintendo party games.

This boastfully British game follows an army of disposable protagonists all hoping to survive a zombie apocalypse under the guidance of what might as well be the hard balled love child of Ross Kemp and Bear Grylls called ‘The prepper’, called so because he seems to be the only person suitably prepared for the oncoming swarm of London guard clad zombies.

He gives you a place of shelter in the London Underground system after he sees you through a security camera dramatically cornered by a wave of your infected neighbours. His instruction teaches you survival skills and drives the story forward by giving new locations to travel to, all at the hope of new equipment or solace to be found throughout the hellish streets of London. Along the way you’ll encounter other characters who put your ‘fate of the world’ role into perspective, with the root of all the chaos deriving from one biblical prophecy telling of the purification of the world.

The game was an interesting pick from the list of games the Wii-U had available early to launch. Right off the bat, the hell-scape atmosphere of the game is thrust onto the player having you rapidly maneuver through the dimly lit London underground with infected at every turn, and the games various settings and everlasting night time does maintain this feel, through and through. Controls get shaky at times because you must break you focus and connection with the surroundings to make of the Wii-U gamepad quite often, however the the feeling of uncertainty you get while looking away from your stationary character proves that the game is achieving a feeling of stress and dis-composition as a survival horror should invoke in a player. Similarly, the early scarcity of ammo also accentuates the survival aspect of the game. Combat is a breeze if there is only one zombie around, however using the single melee weapon you get in game becomes a tedious task despite it being the easiest option for single combat (Prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing). But when two or more zombies should appear you have an adequately sized arsenal of upgradeable guns and explosives to fight back with, however you’re limited to what you can carry in your “bug out bag” and pockets. And with a slot being taken up for each weapon, and a second slot being taken by it’s ammunition type, you never find yourself with more that 4 firearms at a time. The curve of difficulty seems to skyrocket when faced against special or armored infected but not to an extend that can’t be beaten, it makes for a change of pace and rethink of strategy in combat, which makes for challenging gameplay.

In terms of smaller features, the game takes a nod to the dark souls series in the form of having to re-retrieve your inventory after death by going back to the location of your last death and kill your zombified old character. It also has the same system of other players leaving cryptic hints and messages around if you connect to the Miiverse.

However this realistic feature comes with a drawback. The fact that throughout your play-through your protagonist will be killed and replaced anywhere between 4-40 times means you will lose any sense of connection with your survivor and my find yourself quickly throwing away another in your effort to speed-run your way to your best firearm that you left with your past infected incarnation. The graphics lack something to be desired. While the caved in skulls are suitably gruesome and the lighting keeps things as spooky as slender, the protagonist looks like it’s missing a few polygons (If ya know what I mean). The Wii U is an HD console and for a game that boasts it’s realism with zombie activity, some of the textures just don’t agree with that. The chosen settings of bogs, sewers and buildings old and new are a treat though.

The Graphics get a fair 6 out of 10 for their worthy but still lackluster presentation.

The Gameplay gets a 7 out of 10. While the controls are not brilliant with the shaky but innovative usage of the Wii U gamepad, it’s challenging, dynamic and varied in execution and environment. However the detachment from the protagonist really didn’t sit with me well.

(Granted the do have a one life ‘survival mode’ available where you 1st life is your only life).

The lifespan gets a 5 out of 10. The story is quite short and the only other feature is what I’m going to assume is a very underplayed multiplayer mode where one is ‘King of zombies’ and must send hordes at a lone survivor.

Full Review @ItsMuchMore
  12. Jan 25, 2013
    A great idea but very dissapointing. ZombiU amazing captures what we all love about survival horror. You always feel a bit on edge. In my eyes this is what newer Resident Evil's SHOULD have been like. But the game is falls short with repatitive combat and difficulty to the point of just being annoying to some. But it really does show what the gamepad can do and I'd love to see a sequelA great idea but very dissapointing. ZombiU amazing captures what we all love about survival horror. You always feel a bit on edge. In my eyes this is what newer Resident Evil's SHOULD have been like. But the game is falls short with repatitive combat and difficulty to the point of just being annoying to some. But it really does show what the gamepad can do and I'd love to see a sequel with little more polish. Expand
  13. Jul 15, 2014
    Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it,Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it, and get your stuff back. I also like the competitive split screen co-op. I really dislike that it lags a lot and you can't do online multiplayer. Also the game is extremely slow. Not survival horror slow, REALLY slow. ZombiU gets a 7/10 Expand
  14. Apr 30, 2013
    I found this game to be pretty poor and I don't know how it passed nintendo's QA. 1st off, the game is full of bugs. My first play through, I fell through the floor near a save point. The game auto-saves due to it's quasi-perma-death mechanic. So it said I died, falling through the floor, auto-saved with no way to get my stuff back, but then it kept spawning me at the hole in theI found this game to be pretty poor and I don't know how it passed nintendo's QA. 1st off, the game is full of bugs. My first play through, I fell through the floor near a save point. The game auto-saves due to it's quasi-perma-death mechanic. So it said I died, falling through the floor, auto-saved with no way to get my stuff back, but then it kept spawning me at the hole in the floor. So each time I tried to start from that save again it just threw me through the floor. So that was several hours lost after I had to delete my game and restart. I also ran into plenty of other game-breaking bugs in my several hours with the game.

The graphics are just awful. I'd say they're comparable to launch xbox 360 games like condemned: criminal origins. They're just really bad and it's often hard to see what you're doing.

The sound is awful too. Guns sound pathetically weak, zombies don't sound scary.

Some reviewers here are saying this is a "true survival horror" game. I found the game neither scary, nor having any real aspect on survival other than the quasi-perma-death and 1-bite-death mechanics. Other than that many areas of the game can be beaten simply by tossing a flare and sprinting away. If you make it to a sewer hole it acts as a checkpoint. No real survival here...

The gameplay is extremely basic. Melee weapons are boring consisting of one swing move. Guns are boring and feel unrealistic. The scanning mechanic to find items and stuff is cool...for about the 1st 5 minutes. Then after the 50th time you have to stop and scan a room using the wii u's game pad, it gets old and tedious.

Honestly I'd say skip this game entirely. A select few may find something to like here, but the majority of people are going to find this a shockingly low quality, boring game that uses none of the wii u's functionality well at all.
  15. Jun 14, 2013
    This is a good idea and concept, with decent execution.

The gamepad is ACTUALLY UTILIZED IN THIS GAME. I know, brace yourselves. The gamepad acts as your communication device with some guy watching everything from a safe control room. It is also how you interact with your inventory and how you use your 'radar' to check for zombies (that's handy as heck in a zombie apocalypse,
    This is a good idea and concept, with decent execution.

The gamepad is ACTUALLY UTILIZED IN THIS GAME. I know, brace yourselves.

The gamepad acts as your communication device with some guy watching everything from a safe control room. It is also how you interact with your inventory and how you use your 'radar' to check for zombies (that's handy as heck in a zombie apocalypse, convenient).

While I love gamepad innovation, this one is tricky. Forcing me to take my eyes off of the tv and look at my gamepad... while zombies are chasing me... is scary. Maybe that's what they want But I find myself scared to mess with my inventory, because it means someone could sneak up on me. Maybe that's realism.

Other zombie elements are typical. Scarce ammunition, zombies are hard to kill.
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is NOT easy. Zombies do not go down quickly. The ones you meet later on are rough. To be honest the only reason why I gave it a low review is because I didn't like it on the WiiU. I didn't like how the gamepad removed me from the action onscreen. It very much removed the sense of immersion that the game works to build. But as far as zombie games go, it's fairly difficult, creepyThis game is NOT easy. Zombies do not go down quickly. The ones you meet later on are rough. To be honest the only reason why I gave it a low review is because I didn't like it on the WiiU. I didn't like how the gamepad removed me from the action onscreen. It very much removed the sense of immersion that the game works to build. But as far as zombie games go, it's fairly difficult, creepy and there's a fair amount of intensity in some parts of the game. It's not terrible though. I'm just not drinking the koolaid when it comes to a 2 screen experience. Expand
  17. Feb 19, 2013
    This is a pretty good game. I enjoyed the fair amount of challenge it gives, although there are some things that could have been done better. Yes, the combat is dull to some people, but this isn't a gun and run game. Its NOT L4D. You are NOT immune and one bite will mean the end for your character. If you want a gun and run game, then you're better off with L4D. If you don't like beingThis is a pretty good game. I enjoyed the fair amount of challenge it gives, although there are some things that could have been done better. Yes, the combat is dull to some people, but this isn't a gun and run game. Its NOT L4D. You are NOT immune and one bite will mean the end for your character. If you want a gun and run game, then you're better off with L4D. If you don't like being cautious and having a limited about of weaponry and such, you're better off dodging this game. Expand
  18. Mar 2, 2013
    Sadly I am one of the wii u owners who rode the hype and bought this game day one. The game is pretty average but it has its terrifying moments. You would either love or hate this game but still this game is far better than what RE or SH series has become today.
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    A bit clunky and ugly at times. This IS a survival horror and it can get pretty creepy at times. Whenever the character swings a melle weapon, i get really pissed off because its so damn annoying. The atmosphere can be ruined by a lot of jump scares which sullys the experience. Still, I mostly enjoyed it and it is not a perfect game. I hope they make another one in the future, so we mayA bit clunky and ugly at times. This IS a survival horror and it can get pretty creepy at times. Whenever the character swings a melle weapon, i get really pissed off because its so damn annoying. The atmosphere can be ruined by a lot of jump scares which sullys the experience. Still, I mostly enjoyed it and it is not a perfect game. I hope they make another one in the future, so we may get those improvements. I think most people give this game a ten because of it's unique ideas and doesn't consider the gameplay and everything else. Pick it up when that price drops! Expand
  20. Jul 22, 2013
    Terrifying and difficult, yet fun still. This gets an okay score because my character (In the middle of climbing a ladder) randomly teleported to the bottom of the ladder, died, and started twerking on the ground. In addition to this, there are many many more bugs. However, what did it for me was the king of zombies mode. Without the (not included) wii u pro controller, as a survivor, ITerrifying and difficult, yet fun still. This gets an okay score because my character (In the middle of climbing a ladder) randomly teleported to the bottom of the ladder, died, and started twerking on the ground. In addition to this, there are many many more bugs. However, what did it for me was the king of zombies mode. Without the (not included) wii u pro controller, as a survivor, I was having trouble MOVING to a destination, let alone fighting zombies to get there. Play it for single player, and watch out for bugs. Expand
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    Firstly, I want to say that I created an account just to review this game. I agree with the others, there are a lot of people just posting 10s, 9s, and 0s. Ignore those. This game is definitely in the 5-7 range. I

The main drawbacks the graphics for me, they just aren't that good. After seeing how beautiful AC3 is on this console (which is a port), there is no reason for a ground-up WiiU game to look so sub-par. This thought is in the back of my mind every time I play. On a brighter note, I feel they nailed the GamePad usage. A lot of people are complaining about it on the reviewing sites, but its pretty neat to be able to scan stuff with it, have a persistent map, and use your inventory. Mediocre game. Not bad, just mediocre.
  22. Dec 13, 2012
    One of the best and worst games I have ever played in one package. Firstly i found the game to be amazing when i first played it. The atmosphere is intense. This is not an action shooter, if you want a shooter play call of duty. This is a slow paced atmospheric game that breaks new ground. Graphically it works to set the scene. I have seen better, but i have also seen far worse. PeopleOne of the best and worst games I have ever played in one package. Firstly i found the game to be amazing when i first played it. The atmosphere is intense. This is not an action shooter, if you want a shooter play call of duty. This is a slow paced atmospheric game that breaks new ground. Graphically it works to set the scene. I have seen better, but i have also seen far worse. People that dislike the graphics most likely dislike the game due to the setting. I didnt find it repetetive and i loved walking around waiting for the zombies to appear from nowhere. I think in total it made me jump 3 or 4 times, which is more than any other game has for years. With the score I would have given this a 9 easily, like i said for me this is a new type of game that i loved. The gamepad sound effects, coupled with surround sound really set the scene.

There is one major problem....BUGS.....I spent 14 hours playing this slowly with every intention of revisting it to play survival mode. I never replay games.....this game made me want to replay it before i had even completed it....But near the end i died working on the panacea level. When i restarted i completed the objective, but nothing happened. It still says i need to complete the objective. I googled the walkthrough and videos to be sure. I did everything right. The game wont unlock a door to allow me to leave and nothing happens. This means after 14 hours i cant continue or do anything. So for the first time i emailed a game maker, because i Ioved playing this game. Their response google walkthroughs.....even more annoying.... its a bug. I have completed the objective but the things that are supposed to happen dont. So not only are there bugs stopping me completing it but ubisoft wont acknowledge them. I could start again, but what then 14 hours to find a new bug. With all bugs fixed 9/10 easily. As is... you make up your own mind. I gave it 5. Play if but if you die ( you will die) be aware a bug might surface stopping you from completing a key action. Other users have said the same. ( I didnt belive it until it happened to me). So frustrating, a great game that should have been tested. Technically the item is faulty and everyone could legally get their money back, so ubisoft fix it.
  23. Apr 12, 2013
    I was looking forward into fun with zombiU, and when I got it, I had a little fun.
    First of all, the game is a survival horror about the zombie Apocalypse in London,
    the game is challenging because you have a limited amount of ammo, and if you're character dies: they're dead and you have to play as another survivor, but you can encounter your dead survivor and get his or her backpack
    the game is challenging because you have a limited amount of ammo, and
    but you can encounter your dead survivor and get his or her backpack back.
    All though, melee is one way to quickly (or not) go through the game, though melee gets
    repetitive after a while. The Multiplier is something less people mention about the game
    though the 2 player VS mode is a little much like left 4 dead's VS mode, only with a Wii U gamepad
    and Wii remote, if you don't have a pro controller, the survivor with a wii remote play's like an arcade game, only without the light gun and I found that for best results of using a Wii remote on multiplayer,
    use a Wii Zapper, and if you don't know what that is already SEARCH IT UP. Anyway's multiplayer has only 2 modes one, which is just KILL that Zombie Then Kill the next as of it gets repetitive and frustrating after a while, the second one, in which one survivor must capture all of the points before the zombies do, think of it as team fortress 2's Capture the Point mode, only not as repetitive but STILL frustrating, even though it has good ideas. So, over all
    SINGLE PLAYER: great
    MULTIPLAYER: frustrating and repeatitive!
  24. Nov 24, 2012
    Yes a 10, you know why? Because it is different from any zombie game, it actually makes you feel like a survivor, something that DayZ itself couldn't make it 100% right... People giving scores below 7 are just sick of zombie games, I get it, I am too, or at least I was, this game is the only reason i could find to get WiiU this early. The way they simulate the apocalypse is perfect, if youYes a 10, you know why? Because it is different from any zombie game, it actually makes you feel like a survivor, something that DayZ itself couldn't make it 100% right... People giving scores below 7 are just sick of zombie games, I get it, I am too, or at least I was, this game is the only reason i could find to get WiiU this early. The way they simulate the apocalypse is perfect, if you die you get to pick another character that was around the area, and get to kill your past-zombie-self, loot and continue surviving... It lacks in zombies just to give the tense atmosphere, making you wandering what happens next... The chances of getting bitten are HUGE and you actually get infected (just like the Half-Life 2 mod, No More Room in Hell) as I said, hen you kill your zombie character once you pick another survivor. Collapse

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It takes a couple of hours to fully realize that ZombiU – not an eerie game, but a rather eerily boring one – is a goner. I hope that Ubisoft will hack the head off this franchise before it turns into ZombiU 2 and starts biting people’s wallets.
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    An intense experience. ZombiU delivers one of the most intense experiences in recent history. Moody, violent and suitably tough, it managed to keep me playing long into the night. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    For fans of the survival horror genre, ZombiU is filled to the brink with challenges and many hours of gameplay.