ZombiU Wii U

7.7

1. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm a zombie fanatic so when I first heard about ZombiU I had to have it. It's literally the whole reason I bought a Wii U, and while it's not perfect it's a game that I recommend to all zombie fans. This is a survival horror game will both challenge and frighten you. Unlike most zombie games the infected actually won't go down without a fight, making encounters against more than one ofI'm a zombie fanatic so when I first heard about ZombiU I had to have it. It's literally the whole reason I bought a Wii U, and while it's not perfect it's a game that I recommend to all zombie fans. This is a survival horror game will both challenge and frighten you. Unlike most zombie games the infected actually won't go down without a fight, making encounters against more than one of them a tense ordeal, and if your off your game against even one of them it will spell doom for your character. One of the most unique features of ZombiU is the permadeath system, which means if your character dies their dead for good, at which point you come back as a new survivor who then has to go back and hunt down your now zombified old character and get your supplies back. It works really well and helps set ZombiU apart from just being another undead shooter. This game is also a fantastic way for Nintendo to show off what the Wii U is capable of doing with it's two screen functionality. For most of the game you'll look at the TV screen, but when your doing things like looting, lock-picking, and checking your backpack, ect. you'll be looking at the gamepad, the cool thing about this is that when your looking at the game-pad the outside world does not pause so your never safe and at any time a walker can come up and kill you while your distracted, so you really need to be aware of you surroundings at all time. All of these help make ZombiU a gem on the Wii U, and hopefully this will be the start of a Wii U exclusive zombie series. Now for the bad, if this game does get a sequel there are some things that need to be fixed. Gunplay needs to be better, melee combat, while satisfying, could benefit from more weapons (preferably something better than a weak cricket bat, a machete would be nice), there are some technical issues that need to be fixed, a better story that preferably let's you choose which characters you side with, and I don't want to have to wait for a door to open while the game is loading (sometimes this took close to a minute). But even with it's flaws ZombiU is a excellent and challenging zombie, survival-horror game for your Wii U. I highly recommend. Expand
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    ZombiU is a great game, but not the amazing game every nintendo fan claims it is. This game was hyped beyond belief, and the story mode is ok. However, I love the multiplayer mode and would have bought the game just for that if it had online (which unfortunately it doesn't).
  3. Nov 18, 2012
    ZombiU's easily the best Mature rated game at launch, however, is it flawless? No, it is not. ZombiU offers a tense and atmospheric journey through a dark and desolate world. While it's light on narrative, its gameplay offers more satisfying depth than your typical zombie romp. Not without its flaws, ZombiU has a large amount of clipping, where zombies will glitch right through walls. Yes,ZombiU's easily the best Mature rated game at launch, however, is it flawless? No, it is not. ZombiU offers a tense and atmospheric journey through a dark and desolate world. While it's light on narrative, its gameplay offers more satisfying depth than your typical zombie romp. Not without its flaws, ZombiU has a large amount of clipping, where zombies will glitch right through walls. Yes, it's an annoyance that takes you out of the experience a little, but does it hurt the game's overall enjoyment? Not one bit. The gun mechanics aren't like Call of Duty. I'd say they're a little more clunky in the vein of Metro 2033, but it doesn't hurt in this style of game, as it actually adds to the difficulty. This is a neat world to explore. I especially love how zombies will follow you to a door, you shut the door, then they'll stand on the other side pounding, which means you'll have to take care of them at some point and they're not letting you through to the either side without putting up a fight. So while ZombiU has its apparent flaws, this game's satisfaction is simply too difficult to deny. Expand
  4. Oct 19, 2013
    This game is a true zombie survival game and that's why i love it. It truly fells like your in a zombie apocalypse with the limited ammo in your gun to the dark and creepy atmosphere, and i like how each time you die you play as a completely different character.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    i love this game its scary and die with one bite one life etc weapons kool game mission and zombies are good

why i did not give it 10 is because ending of it was lame stupid and of course give gamer a middle finger. At ending of the game ithe nothing zombies then you get on the helicopter ur hand and another hand pulling u away then u fly away then straight at menu screen...............................

trust me the no need for spoilers cause the is not
  6. Dec 13, 2013
    Zombi u is a good shooter
    but i think i have already played
    i mean,it wasnt very original and the gameplay its not perfect
    it feels like a clone of left 4 dead
    STILL BETTER THAN CALL OF DUTY
  7. Jan 13, 2013
    Zombiu is a great survival horror, better than the new Resident evil style. This is a terrorific game with an interesting way, great atmosfear and beautiful graphics. I love this game, this is a fantastic surprise for survival horror fans.
  8. May 15, 2013
    This is a very fun and atmospheric game. The gamepad integration is really cool. This is a 15 hour game with pretty good visuals and good sound. You will experience a lot of frame drops but its not terrible.
  9. Feb 19, 2014
    This game certainly deserved better reviews than what it got. The controls were frustrating at first, but then I actually grew to like the sense of limited movement. Its not like CoD at all. It feels like you are actually controlling a human body and all the physical limitations that entails. It contributes greatly to the frantic, scrambling, survival sense. The game has some genuineThis game certainly deserved better reviews than what it got. The controls were frustrating at first, but then I actually grew to like the sense of limited movement. Its not like CoD at all. It feels like you are actually controlling a human body and all the physical limitations that entails. It contributes greatly to the frantic, scrambling, survival sense. The game has some genuine fright to it and has a 2 player mode that is not only funny, but also creative and extremely entertaining. I wouldve liked to see more options with melee combat besides a single weapon (a cricket bat) since you are very limited on ammo, but I think Ubisoft did a great thing with this game, and I would love to see a sequel where they refine some of these issues. Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2016
    esse eu digo sem medo de errar que foi o melhor jogo de terror de 2012. um ótimo game de zombi, na maioria dos jogos de zombi você tem habilidades iradas, é todo equipado de armas. nesse não. nesse. você é um sobrevivente comum que passa por altos apuros pra conseguir sobreviver. sem falar que você toda vez que morre, você acorda com outro sobrevivente e o numero de mortes fica registradoesse eu digo sem medo de errar que foi o melhor jogo de terror de 2012. um ótimo game de zombi, na maioria dos jogos de zombi você tem habilidades iradas, é todo equipado de armas. nesse não. nesse. você é um sobrevivente comum que passa por altos apuros pra conseguir sobreviver. sem falar que você toda vez que morre, você acorda com outro sobrevivente e o numero de mortes fica registrado no save do game, isso foi uma ideia muito bem pensada por parte da ubisoft. o modo de 2 é bom. só faltou o modo online pra ficar nota 10. seria muito legal jogar isso online. Expand
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    we now have a precedent for what all wii u FPS should be like. watch the trailer to see how it works: you are fully immersed and have to use your body to move the screen around to see exactly what you're getting yourself into. it's almost like you're in the game itself. like nothing i've ever played before.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    OMFG this game is absolutely hands down the best survival horror I've ever played in my life. Do not play on easy mode. No ammo pickups, maximize your skills with melee, and get ready to get your ass TORTURED. I thought the Wii U was going to be the weakest new console to hit but this title makes it a brutal, brutal new episode in gaming. Going to pick it up real soon (have only made theseOMFG this game is absolutely hands down the best survival horror I've ever played in my life. Do not play on easy mode. No ammo pickups, maximize your skills with melee, and get ready to get your ass TORTURED. I thought the Wii U was going to be the weakest new console to hit but this title makes it a brutal, brutal new episode in gaming. Going to pick it up real soon (have only made these judgments based on my neighbor's new setup). Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2012
    This game is Terrifyingly AWESOME. Seriously. I haven't had this good a time getting put in straight up horrific moments in a long time. This game PUTS YOU in the world of zombie-London and does wonders for making an immersive, horrifying experience. I played it all weekend in a pitch black house and I recommend you do the same.
  14. Jul 5, 2014
    This is exactly what a wii u game should play like , it utilizes the gamepad perfectly and its an also very fun survivor horror first person shooter , lots of weapons to choose from , zombies to kill , and hidden paths everywhere , it was a great launch title , nowadays you can get it for 20$ and its worth every penny
  15. Jul 11, 2014
    No Other Game Like It On Consoles Or PC. Now I Find Every Other Game To Be Irrelevant To Me. Zombi U Has Extremely Fun Gameplay. Cricket Bat is utterly boring. But I manage to go through most of the game without it. BECAUSE I MANAGE. I PREPARE. AND THATS WHAT THIS GAME TEACHES YOU. PREPARATION. USE NEW METHODS. SURVIVE.

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is a great amount of subtext.

I'm just going to say... best game made by Ubisoft to date.
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    Incredible. Those who trash this game clearly don't know what type of game they're playing. This is not a twitch shooter, it's a survival horror game. Yes, a genre that's just about dead finally has a new AAA game. This is not a game where you just run around holding the trigger and you win, this is a game that actually takes SKILL. Learning how to conserve ammunition is very important.Incredible. Those who trash this game clearly don't know what type of game they're playing. This is not a twitch shooter, it's a survival horror game. Yes, a genre that's just about dead finally has a new AAA game. This is not a game where you just run around holding the trigger and you win, this is a game that actually takes SKILL. Learning how to conserve ammunition is very important. the game makes great use of the Wii U gamepad, and it really showcases a lot of amazing things it can do. Highly recommended. Expand
  17. Jun 20, 2013
    ZombiU is a good game, but its somewhat clunky gunplay is its major downfall. ZombiU is immersive and actually causes paranoia in the player as one bite will kill you. Worse yet, if you want your precious items back you will have to kill your zombified self. Very few games punish you in this way. The game, however, suffers from a horrible story and a terrible ending. I love how almostZombiU is a good game, but its somewhat clunky gunplay is its major downfall. ZombiU is immersive and actually causes paranoia in the player as one bite will kill you. Worse yet, if you want your precious items back you will have to kill your zombified self. Very few games punish you in this way. The game, however, suffers from a horrible story and a terrible ending. I love how almost everything, if not everything, is in real time. ZombiU uses the gamepad to its advantage. It is your inventory and forces you to look at the in order to scan for danger TV.... ALL IN REAL TIME. ZombiU is a prime example of a game that is great and immersive without having a good story. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2013
    this game came with my Wii U. i was a bit hesitant because i don't like/do well with FPS, but i stuck with it. This game is better than what the sales or reviewers say! great graphics, controls, and man will it creep you out at times (the nursery)! i will tell you the downside: the storyline! it was horrible! but out of all the games i have traded in, i am sticking with this one!this game came with my Wii U. i was a bit hesitant because i don't like/do well with FPS, but i stuck with it. This game is better than what the sales or reviewers say! great graphics, controls, and man will it creep you out at times (the nursery)! i will tell you the downside: the storyline! it was horrible! but out of all the games i have traded in, i am sticking with this one! the multiplayer could have been better if it was online, but it does good on it's own. Get it and enjoy it!

instagram: Game_Row
  19. Nov 27, 2012
    I think this game is not getting the love it deserves. It's a great game for the Wii U. Great graphics, great sound, and it's a very unique approach to the zombie genre that just won't go away. If you own a Wii U, i say buy this game over the rest. Mass Effect 3 and other titles are just not worthy to be in the same level as ZU. Give it a try. The best Wii U game so far!
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    This is a game that honestly you'll have to find out for yourself if you like it. Reviews are kind of guidelines on this one, so to each is own. you really have to try this one for yourself.

Just think of the difficulty and dying of Dark souls meets a walking dead british style. My only beef with the game is that they should've had more melee weapons than a cricket bat. Zombiu

Zombiu truly uses the gamepad to its full content and Ubisoft delivers an almost realistic sense of surviving in a zombie apocalypse.

If you're the kind of gamer that just wants to run through everything guns a blazin then I would say this game is not for you rambo, go back to left for dead.

I will say you can dumb down the difficulty a bit, but honestly you are defeating the purpose of this game.

I myself am not a fan of hardcore difficulty games where you have to constantly learn from your mistakes including dying and starting all over, but this one I'd say sticks with me.

My best advice is play this after watching an episode of walking dead. Great feel
  21. Mar 8, 2015
    Underrated game, the Gamepad really makes this feel like a new next gen experience. Alot better then I thought it would be. Requires strategic gameplay, great survival horror.
  22. Dec 4, 2015
    This is the best horror game on the Wii U and SO much better than the PS4 or the Xbox One version. The use of the gamepad is nothing short of masterful. Adds immensely to the suspense and sense of urgency like you are about to get your face ripped off. Great game!
  23. Dec 7, 2012
    This is a really great game. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a NEW gaming experience. I did not think that either Nintendo or Ubisoft could pull something like this off.

The game is genuinely frightening, like Amnesia frightening. That alone amazes me that Nintendo has a more frightening game than the other two. The gamepad works as a unique controller that adds elements to the game, real, tactile gameplay that doesn't exist on any other platform at this time.

I don't know why there are neg reviews, but the graphics are great, the gameplay is an improved classic survival horror and not FPS style. That means you can't whip your head around 360, but you are impaired by a more realistic response time. One thing is for certain, you will truly feel like you are in this game. You will be scared.

I highly recommend this game. If you like survival horror I don't believe you can find a better experience. How long will you survive?
  24. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An excellent breath of life to survival horror. The hard core aspect of your character actually dying adds to it. Even if you're about to die from a bite the game will auto save so quickly that you won't be able to quit out before it's done. Don't fight it since that's probably what's caused people to have problems with the save functions. If you're dead you're dead and there isn't anything you can do about it. The Story is solid. However, there seems parts of it that should have been expanded on. Angles are frequently referenced in reference to Dee, but you never see one. The Opening credits claim the "alchemy of wealth from air" is the cause of the plague, but that's never explained. One character blames Science and Doctors, but if the plague were engineered why were their plague victims in Dee's day before genetically engineered viruses. At another point the game references "Vultures" have raided the "Ravens" safe houses. I thought that meant that I was going to encounter The Ravens Antithesis, but it never expands on that point ether. It never fully addresses the question of "Why is the Plague Happening?". In part, that makes this seem more real since you're player is just a random civilian, but it does leave you wanting more. Hopefully their is a Prequel and Sequel to explain and expand.

The Multiplayer is also unique. The only setting I like is CTF. The other settings are just a play until the person playing as zombies kills the survivor. I like CTF because I have a goal as the survivor, and the other settings are lacking in a clear goal other than play-till-you're-dead. The Irony is that in the Single player there is an arena mission that is just like the multiplayer. The goal for the Survivor in that is to survive and escape with your life. That would have been great to have in the multiplayer rather than just kill zombies till you're dead.

It would also have been interesting if they had worked in some form of Anti-Coop play. It would be nice to play though a second time, but with someone spawning the zombies trying to kill me. That way the predictability goes out the window, but it wouldn't be good to have available for the first run though so I can see why it wasn't done.

The multiplayer requires the Pro Controller. It will let the survivor play with the Wiimote and Nunchuck, but it's LITERALLY painful looking around with the Wii Mote. Really it did hurt my arm playing with the wiimote in first person for any length of time. It's just too heavy in one hand to be waving around fighting in First Person. With the pro controller my Wife and I were able to crank the Zombie difficulty up and I was able to play much better than I was with the difficulty way down with the Wiimote.

The game was fully worth buying at full price, and is one of the 3 must have games for the WiiU right now.
  25. Dec 1, 2012
    Finally an outstanding zombie survival game and brings back old Resident Evil feel to new life. The multiplayer feature is great and I hope it expands I lovesurvival modes especially online. Art Style is nice, but Still needs an upgrade. The Wii U controller brings back zombies and I love inventory uses. This is next generation gaming.
  26. Nov 18, 2012
    This is a very unique game that rewards the thoughtful player. If you come in wanting to just blast zombies, look elsewhere. However, if you like to tread lightly and think before you move then you're in for one heck of a scary and rewarding experience.
  27. Sep 2, 2015
    Simply the most fun I've had on the Wii U. I loved ZombiU. Just the idea of walking around in the dark with a cricket bat hitting zombies in the head was heaps of fun. This game is difficult, scary and at times funny. You never know where the zombies are going to come from. This has the best use of the gamepad of any game. It is a definite must-have. I played it through twice and it takesSimply the most fun I've had on the Wii U. I loved ZombiU. Just the idea of walking around in the dark with a cricket bat hitting zombies in the head was heaps of fun. This game is difficult, scary and at times funny. You never know where the zombies are going to come from. This has the best use of the gamepad of any game. It is a definite must-have. I played it through twice and it takes concentration. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2012
    An amazing survival horror game, however its gameplay is focused like a past gen survival horror, so it is TRULY a survival horror not an action game with zombies (I'm watching at you Re 5 and Re 6). This can discourage some people, but for others, it's great.
  29. Aug 31, 2014
    ZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistakeZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistake can get you killed (and the death mechanics are really cool, putting high pressure in the recovery of your former self's gear). A really great game if you're up to a (scary) challenge! Expand
  30. Nov 18, 2012
    Not sure what's up with all of these 0-3 reviews--come on now. I'll be giving it a 10 just to boost it from the trolls.

The graphics are not great--that's its low point. They absolutely nailed the feel and atmosphere with the music, sounds, and locations. If you are a fan of survival horror, you'll certainly want to check this game out. I'm not saying it's a timeless masterpiece, but get out of here with those 0 scores.
  31. Nov 18, 2012
    GameSpot gave this awesome a 45/100, but then they deleted the review. Yep. Anyway, ZombiU it's an awesome game not only because it's better than the new entries in the series that used to be the bomb in the Horror genre a decade ago ( Resident Evil and Silent Hill), but also because it's challenging, rewarding and it uses the GamePad in a great way. Get this. It's gold.
  32. Nov 25, 2012
    Just would like to say that you should not look into the negative reviews about this game. Sure, first person zombie games have come out before, but nothing like this. The sheer level of detail and the lighting, and the environments all blend together to make a pretty damn good launch title. I especially like how, if you become infected, you play as the next survivor and have to killJust would like to say that you should not look into the negative reviews about this game. Sure, first person zombie games have come out before, but nothing like this. The sheer level of detail and the lighting, and the environments all blend together to make a pretty damn good launch title. I especially like how, if you become infected, you play as the next survivor and have to kill your previous player. Thought that was really an ingenious idea. I have only scratched the surface, but from what I can see, there is no wrong with this game. Expand
  33. Mar 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why ZombiU has recieved bad reviews- the world may never know. It isn't a game for everyone. And do not mistake it as your typical mindless-shooting, buns ablazing Call of Duty:Zombies-like first person horror shooter. ZombiU sets out to do 2 things- to scare the crap out of you, and to utilize the Wii U GamePad well. It succeeds at both. Since this is a Wii U game, I'll go over the Wii U Gamepad features first. Your primary tool in-game is a backpack (the BOB). It contains your inventory-you drag items you want to use to the top-when looking in the BOB's items menu, as well as a scanner (used to scan secret messages, tell you what items a zombie has, or are in a box or something), and as a map. The Wii U GamePad's touchscreen is used to turn on/off your flashlight (which can recharge automatically), as well as tapping it when breaking barriers or opening heavy objects (similar to button mashing scenes in videogames), and picking locks. In the assymetric local multiplayer mode, it is used, in a topdown view, to select where to place zombies on a map to attack the survivor(who has a Wii U Pro controller or Wiimote and Nunchuck, in a FPS view). When you are using most of these features (with the exceptions of multiplayer, turning your flashlight on/off, and the map), your TV is put in a third person view of everything in the room you are in, and at any moment, you could be attacked (which adds to the realism of this game-since in a real zombie attack, zombies are not going to stop persuing you just because you are looking in a box for food or ammo).

The story- there isn't much of one. A new plague, part of 400 year old, long deceased scientist John Dee's black prophecy, that is of the 'Blight' spreading across London, has come true. The Blight is the zombie infection that has spread throughout London. You are one of the survivors of the Blight, who has been saved by the Prepper, a war veteran who is your helper throughout the game. The Prepper believes that there is 'no saving the world- no evacuation. No cure', and that one must just... survive. Throughout the game, you will also meet a scientist trying to make a cure to the blight, as well as the Ravens of Dee, a secret organization trying to help survivors and stop the Blight. Throughout the game, you may read (or rather hear what your character is reading) or hear recordings of letters of people who were trapped and about to be attacked (for example, a recording in the nursery), which are creepy, and sort of evil,in the sense that they show you the damage the Blight has caused the people of London, and make you angry at the zombies, but even more afraid of them.

Now for the rest of the uniqueness of the game, and other info: The gritty, dirty streets of London gives it a post-apocalyptic atmosphere, and the music adds to the thrill. The gaming industry has been growing stale of truly scary survival horrors, and ZombiU is not only scary, but unique in the sense that when your character becomes Zombified, you play as a new survivor with 6 shots,a cricket bat and a flashlight, and have to find your last character, now zombified, kill it(as well as the zombie who zombified THAT one,and probably a couple more), and get your equipment back. Another thing that makes it unique is the fact that u have limited ammo, and have to scavenge supplies. This makes you rely primarily on your cricket bat. I have to agree with reviewers that this can get rather boring, with only one animation. If there were more animations, this would probably not get as stale.

Apart from the regular story mode, there is Survival mode (the same story, but with only one life), and an assymetric PvP multiplayer mode, that, while i had personally been skeptical about at first, is actually rather fun. The person with the GamePad is the 'King of Zombies', who places Zombies around a map (this requires strategy- especially with the limitations of where you can put them, and the number of them you can have at a time), VS a survivor with a class of guns and equipment, as well as more guns and ammo scattered throughout the map, to pick up at any time. There are three multiplayer modes- Kill Box (the survivor killing as many Zombies as possible), Assault (essentially Domination with four flags- the first player to control all four flags wins), and Survival. These multiplayer modes are incredibly fun, and they show off another of the Wii U's features, assymetric gameplay. Overall, I find ZombiU to be a very good game. It is scary and uses the Wii U GamePad rather well. While it is not the most beautiful videogame, it's lighting effects are great, and the dirty,gritty setting and creepy,suspenseful music add to the thrills that make this an incredible comeback to the horror genre. The game really places you in a Zombie appocolypse, and has amazing ideas, that are implemented very well. So I'd say this game deserves an 8.5 at the very least.
  34. May 16, 2016
    It’s not the greatest survival horror game ever made but ZombiU has a lot going for it. For starters it’s one of the only games for Wii U that actually makes good use of the gamepad. You use it for lots of different things such as unlocking doors, aiming sniper weapons, solving puzzles, and managing your inventory. You can also play the game with the pro controller if you absolutely hateIt’s not the greatest survival horror game ever made but ZombiU has a lot going for it. For starters it’s one of the only games for Wii U that actually makes good use of the gamepad. You use it for lots of different things such as unlocking doors, aiming sniper weapons, solving puzzles, and managing your inventory. You can also play the game with the pro controller if you absolutely hate the gamepad. The game itself is very linear. You pretty much just follow the missions that you’re given which are all “go here” and “do this.” If you happen to die in the game you start back at your safe house as a different person. There is something strange and cool about returning to where you died and seeing the character you were controlling now a zombie trying to eat you. The longer you’re able to survive the higher your score will be. There were only a few things that I didn’t like in this game. The first and biggest problem in my opinion comes from the cricket bat you’re given as a melee weapon. It takes forever to kill an enemy and is used way too much. The second comes from the game being too short and the story being underwhelming. I finished it around 10 hours. Also I feel that the game never had a truly standout moment. It’s pretty much the same intensity throughout so once you learn how to play the game it’s not too hard to stay alive. If you’re into killing zombies and survival horror games I would definitely recommend ZombiU. Expand
  35. Jul 18, 2013
    Zombiu is a under-rated game is the Wii U launch title. Zombiu try to takes survival horror genre back to their roots. The gameplay is well done. The story is somewhat bad in it's way. It make use of the Wii U gamepad like the scanner, using the crossbow, and inventory management. The multiplayer is boring and it's not online. Zombiu is worth our time and money just buy pre owned or anyZombiu is a under-rated game is the Wii U launch title. Zombiu try to takes survival horror genre back to their roots. The gameplay is well done. The story is somewhat bad in it's way. It make use of the Wii U gamepad like the scanner, using the crossbow, and inventory management. The multiplayer is boring and it's not online. Zombiu is worth our time and money just buy pre owned or any under fifty dollars. Expand
  36. May 4, 2014
    ZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and aZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and a pistol, but you get the idea. It needed a lot more weapons. Not coming from a "fanboy" perspective...I just liked the challenge. ZombiU gets 9/10. Expand
  37. Oct 31, 2013
    If you plan on buying this game, know this: this is not a FPS, this is a first person survival horror game that has shooting in its gameplay.
    that being said, the game is just awesome. zombies are tough and you need some time to kill one. you are not supposed to run n' gun zombies like most fps games, and instead you have to be methodical, scanning your enviroments, finding supplies and advancing slowly.
    One mistake might cost you a survivor's life, and then you become a new survivor. You can even hunt down the old survivor (now a zombie) and kill him to get his items back. neat.
    one advice: don't listen to reviewers who say the game is too hard or boring. they are the ones playing this with the wrong expectations.
    and know this: if you get past the first confusing hour of the game, it becomes a unique experience, unlike any other in this generation.
  38. Nov 3, 2014
    All of these big name publishers have seemed to have forgotten what Survival Horror is. Ubisoft who is among those publishers remembered for like a short period of time then immediately went full publisher retard again after the Wii U was seen as unsuccessful in their eyes.
    ZombiU is heart pounding, eerie and can be extremely tense as death in this game actually means something. If you die, you do come back, but as another survivor... and your old character is now a zombie. So if you had any attachment to your old character, you now have to kill them to get your stuff back. If you're not careful you can get jumped when you least suspect it or you can even die from a hoard mauling you to death. It's not an action game, if you're expecting to be a badass fighting hordes of the dead with chainsaws and katanas like in Left 4 Dead, you aren't going to find it. Something they could have really improved upon is the melee combat as it gets repetitive quickly and you would rather use a gun to finish off the bastard quickly even though the noise attracts more attention than its worth.
    Another thing that could have been improved upon is some of the graphics and the lighting effects, the Wii U isn't a powerhouse console but I'm pretty sure this department could have been better, but Ubisoft had to cheap out in that area. Also not sure if I missed something and it improves later on in the game but my torch is useless for seeing in the dark whereas my scanner can see a lot better and light the whole area better than my torch.

Overall this game is not bad, but not great either. It a good game to own if you like Survival Horror and aren't tired of zombies. Plus it shows Ubisoft that games like this can sell I mean with 700,000 sold to date, more than 3 Just Dance games combined I'd say this was a quiet and average success.
  39. Mar 23, 2015
    Zombiu was designed to scare you and UBISOFT absolutely achieves that, I actually have problems playing this game for any length of time, not because of boredom but worried I'll have a heart attack. The graphics are good and suit the game well, I don't understand why people said it has bad graphics. The only real complaint I have is only 1 melee weapon, I would've liked the option of usingZombiu was designed to scare you and UBISOFT absolutely achieves that, I actually have problems playing this game for any length of time, not because of boredom but worried I'll have a heart attack. The graphics are good and suit the game well, I don't understand why people said it has bad graphics. The only real complaint I have is only 1 melee weapon, I would've liked the option of using a chain saw, hammer, baseball bat, machete etc. A must buy for all WII U owners especially now it can be bought for under $10 Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2012
    Amazing use of the Gamepad, sometimes it's broken, but that's the point. So hard, maybe the hardest I ever played in the last years. Just remember this isn't a normal first person shooter. It's a tactical survival horror. The gameplay it's the best part, maybe this a real survival horror, many zombies made me jump from my chair, specially when I was playing at night. Ubisoft did a greatAmazing use of the Gamepad, sometimes it's broken, but that's the point. So hard, maybe the hardest I ever played in the last years. Just remember this isn't a normal first person shooter. It's a tactical survival horror. The gameplay it's the best part, maybe this a real survival horror, many zombies made me jump from my chair, specially when I was playing at night. Ubisoft did a great work making this game, because it's really haunted. When you die, you restart with a different character, and the last one you controlled is now chasing you. Great atmosphere. But sometimes is very slow and graphically, is very weak. But that's a good point, too. Just because the zombies look so horrible. A must-have for the Wii U. Expand
  41. Jan 17, 2013
    I don't know what people are complaining about. This game is awesome! The graphics are okey, maybe not the best but still better than most console games. The sound is amazing. It sets the mood sky high, especially when you're outside in the stormy weather. It's a pretty hard game, maybe that's why some don't like it. If you die your character dies for good and you have to start from theI don't know what people are complaining about. This game is awesome! The graphics are okey, maybe not the best but still better than most console games. The sound is amazing. It sets the mood sky high, especially when you're outside in the stormy weather. It's a pretty hard game, maybe that's why some don't like it. If you die your character dies for good and you have to start from the beginning. You can however track down your former character, kill it and take all the items that you lost. If you got a Wii U and like horror action, this is a game for U Expand
  42. Nov 19, 2012
    Along with resident evil revelations I would concider this one of the only true survival horror games to still exist in this modern day of casual games and faceroll uninteresting ideas. This game is tough, infact IGN gave the game a bad review just because of how terrible the reviewer playing was, this game is scary at times and the atmosphere is amazing! Play this game in the dark!
  43. Dec 30, 2012
    ZombiU is getting such a wide range of reviews because there are a lot of people expecting something from it that the game itself is not. This is pure and simple a survivor horror game more in line with the first Resident Evils on the Original Playstation. If you are looking for an FPS then turn away now because Zombiu is not an FPS. You are not going to run around completely demolishingZombiU is getting such a wide range of reviews because there are a lot of people expecting something from it that the game itself is not. This is pure and simple a survivor horror game more in line with the first Resident Evils on the Original Playstation. If you are looking for an FPS then turn away now because Zombiu is not an FPS. You are not going to run around completely demolishing everything in your path. This game is great! This game is intense and has you really scrambling to survive. You can not afford to underestimate any threat. There have been times where I barely survive a Zombie mob just to be brought down by a single Zombie later. Having to kill your former zombified self is an amazing concept as well and works wonderfully. This game is top notch and delivers on what it promises. You may die a few times getting use to the controls but once you do get use to them surviving becomes that much easier. The graphics are not as amazing as I would like but they do not take away from the experience either. Don't pass this game up if you are looking for a survival horror that will keep you on your toes! This game is worth every penny I spent on it. Expand
  44. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is amazing, a real survival horror, I think the only reason why people is **** about the game and giving bad rates is because is not on 360/PS3 or because they thought it was going to be like shoot like crazy and run like in Resident Evil 6 or Left4dead
  45. Feb 27, 2014
    This is a start to what all Zombie games have been missing in my opinion. An open world first person shooter. What I am saying is that its a proper Zombie simulator with all the proper Zombie apocalypse aspects, as in limited resources, strategy and many scares. My wishes is that there could be a bit less head bashing and more shooting, slightly better graphics and online co-op play andThis is a start to what all Zombie games have been missing in my opinion. An open world first person shooter. What I am saying is that its a proper Zombie simulator with all the proper Zombie apocalypse aspects, as in limited resources, strategy and many scares. My wishes is that there could be a bit less head bashing and more shooting, slightly better graphics and online co-op play and multiplayer online play. However it is undoubtable the best Zombie survival game I have ever played, possibly the greatest Zombie game ever made. Expand
  46. Dec 5, 2015
    This is a good game. The graphics are not the best, however it´s not a obstacle to enjoy this survival horror. The strongest point of this game is the environment. It feels desperate because the danger. The combat system is a little clunky, almost like Silent Hill in 1999. But I say again, ZombiU is a good game because is a good survival horror.
  47. Apr 2, 2015
    Zombi u vuelve a lo que es un real survivor horror, pocas municiones, un ambiente oscuro y decadente, un nivel de dificultad bastante exigente, buen uso del gamepad, detalles que lo hacen especial(si tu personaje muere, nunca se repite el mismo)con buenas gráficas, en fin una muy buena experiencia.
  48. Dec 17, 2012
    It's a really survival horror. The graphics and story are not the best. But the mechanics with the gamepad are cool and the terror sensation is real. Good game!
  49. Nov 20, 2012
    You are either going to be in the eurogamer (9.2) camp, or the gamespot (4.5) camp. It is that simple, and there is no middle. People expecting left 4 dead U or dead island U should stay away, this is a true survival horror game, like the early Resident Evils and Silent Hills. It has a great, creepy atmosphere, and it nails the gamepad usage, with a real scavenging scenario. However, iYou are either going to be in the eurogamer (9.2) camp, or the gamespot (4.5) camp. It is that simple, and there is no middle. People expecting left 4 dead U or dead island U should stay away, this is a true survival horror game, like the early Resident Evils and Silent Hills. It has a great, creepy atmosphere, and it nails the gamepad usage, with a real scavenging scenario. However, i would have liked to see better graphics, a more coherent plot, and more interesting varieties of zombies. Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2012
    I see no reason to criticize this game for being exactly what it was advertised and hyped up to be.

You get a survival horror that pushes you to the limits, but hey, that's what you do when you survive. You get pushed to the limits to survive. The graphics are pretty unique. Nothing impressive, but unique nonetheless. Gameplay great. If you don't like to be limited and like to

The graphics are pretty unique. Nothing impressive, but unique nonetheless.

Gameplay great. If you don't like to be limited and like to have the upper hand constantly, this game isn't for you.
  51. Dec 30, 2012
    ZombiU is the hard-core experience that the Wii U's launch has to offer. Nintendo claiming they want to provide for the hard-core--ZombiU is a difficult game which tests the abilities of the player. The difficulty heavily focuses on reaction-speed and the ability to multitask and plan ahead. A common complaint is that the melee combat with the cricket bat is forced--it honestly isn't ifZombiU is the hard-core experience that the Wii U's launch has to offer. Nintendo claiming they want to provide for the hard-core--ZombiU is a difficult game which tests the abilities of the player. The difficulty heavily focuses on reaction-speed and the ability to multitask and plan ahead. A common complaint is that the melee combat with the cricket bat is forced--it honestly isn't if you are skilled and know how to use your weaponry well without being all gun-happy, remember this is not a run-and-gun first-person-shooter...this is a survival-horror.

Logic doesn't apply well to this game, though if you're playing ZombiU for its plot and story, then you shouldn't be playing it at all. It's very simple, and the whole point of the game is to be bossed around whilst exploring and surviving--Ubisoft provided well.

Only problem that I can find with the game that it is a bit buggy...though unless you're extremely unlucky, this won't cause any major game-breaking problems. ZombiU is a very tense and fun video game which can be enjoyed by anybody if they know what they're actually playing. A great multiplayer mode which allows for hours of gameplay outside of the main game...which only allows for two save slots, one being a special mode and not the actual main-game.

How long will YOU survive?
  52. Jan 22, 2013
    The market is flooded with run and gun shooters and this one sets itself apart. It's more about surviving with limited resources and I mean limited. The atmospheric sounds add a great deal to the experience especially traveling in the dark. There is so much detail in this game I don't know where to begin like the fire and water effects are nicely done as well as lighting. But sureThe market is flooded with run and gun shooters and this one sets itself apart. It's more about surviving with limited resources and I mean limited. The atmospheric sounds add a great deal to the experience especially traveling in the dark. There is so much detail in this game I don't know where to begin like the fire and water effects are nicely done as well as lighting. But sure the visuals are not the games strong point but the gameplay is where it strikes. It's about carefully executed events that keep you alive and never rushing to reach the next objective, one small mistake and it's zombie food. Do yourself a favor and try this out. Get ready to jump out of your seat because they come when you least expect it. Expand
  53. Dec 7, 2012
    This game is very much like the original resident evil. You cant save at any time. And you cant even go back to earlier saves . If you die, you cant just reload a save and try again.( you become a zombie ) You then pick up at the safehouse as a new survivor.Then have to go kill yourself and get your stuff back. think many people just are'nt used to this type of game. But most of theThis game is very much like the original resident evil. You cant save at any time. And you cant even go back to earlier saves . If you die, you cant just reload a save and try again.( you become a zombie ) You then pick up at the safehouse as a new survivor.Then have to go kill yourself and get your stuff back. think many people just are'nt used to this type of game. But most of the mechanics work very well. Some people are complaining about different aspects of the game they simply just dont understand. I.E. losing mission items. If you die with a mission item on you, you must go back and find it. it may not be on your "zombie" self. it may be on the floor around there. The game requires a little thought, and is not just running around blowing apart zombies with infinite ammo and health. The game is scary, and draws you back to play it. But there were some long portions where i found no way to save. So you must be prepared to play when you turn it on. The wii u has an auto power off , so if you want to pause the game for breaks because of its save mechanics. Disable this. Expand
  54. Dec 3, 2012
    I nearly cancelled my pre-order of the special zombi u console after reading the ign and gamespot reviews because they where so bad. But it was to late for me to cancel so I ended up having to get it. So I got and played and I don't understand what ign and gamespot where playing. Zombi u is invative and really brings back the tension in to the survival horror genre. If you whereI nearly cancelled my pre-order of the special zombi u console after reading the ign and gamespot reviews because they where so bad. But it was to late for me to cancel so I ended up having to get it. So I got and played and I don't understand what ign and gamespot where playing. Zombi u is invative and really brings back the tension in to the survival horror genre. If you where disappointed by the action focused resident evil 6 this year, zombi u is what you have been waiting! Expand
  55. Apr 18, 2015
    Un autentico SURVIVAL HORROR, es horrible esa sensacion de supervivencia, sin bosses enormes ni cosas muy trilladas, un buen juego, con varios finales, aunque el final que logre conseguir me parecio algo decepcionante, pero la sensacion del juego es unica, con unos audifonos te sentiras que eres el superviviente, la mecanica de juego es revolucionaria pues puedes ser cualquier personaje alUn autentico SURVIVAL HORROR, es horrible esa sensacion de supervivencia, sin bosses enormes ni cosas muy trilladas, un buen juego, con varios finales, aunque el final que logre conseguir me parecio algo decepcionante, pero la sensacion del juego es unica, con unos audifonos te sentiras que eres el superviviente, la mecanica de juego es revolucionaria pues puedes ser cualquier personaje al azar. si te gustan los sulvival horror, sin duda lo recomiendo. Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2012
    A great game. Difficulty is a little high, but it's supposed to be for survival games like this. The lack of ammo, the paranoia, and hesitancy of opening the next door.. because your radar tells you there are at least 4 zombies on the other side.. Will you use your limited ammo? No.. you should try using the melee weapon.. the cricket bat.. You have to lure them into a 1/1 fight.. anyA great game. Difficulty is a little high, but it's supposed to be for survival games like this. The lack of ammo, the paranoia, and hesitancy of opening the next door.. because your radar tells you there are at least 4 zombies on the other side.. Will you use your limited ammo? No.. you should try using the melee weapon.. the cricket bat.. You have to lure them into a 1/1 fight.. any more than that, you can't handle.. That is ZombiU, decisions.. plans, how to survive, and how to conserve. It is hard, it is unforgiving. It doesn't deserve a 10, nor does it deserve the 0-5/10 scores many reviewers give. Metacritic is a joke of a review site. I feel sorry for people who's jobs depend on doing well on reviews.. only to have them take a dump all over them because it was too hard, and a lack of ammo.. If you have a WiiU and are interested in ZombiU, do yourself favor and go buy it. It's worth it. It's fun, it's a little terrifying. It's a great game. Expand
  57. Nov 24, 2012
    Yes a 10, you know why? Because it is different from any zombie game, it actually makes you feel like a survivor, something that DayZ itself couldn't make it 100% right... People giving scores below 7 are just sick of zombie games, I get it, I am too, or at least I was, this game is the only reason i could find to get WiiU this early. The way they simulate the apocalypse is perfect, if youYes a 10, you know why? Because it is different from any zombie game, it actually makes you feel like a survivor, something that DayZ itself couldn't make it 100% right... People giving scores below 7 are just sick of zombie games, I get it, I am too, or at least I was, this game is the only reason i could find to get WiiU this early. The way they simulate the apocalypse is perfect, if you die you get to pick another character that was around the area, and get to kill your past-zombie-self, loot and continue surviving... It lacks in zombies just to give the tense atmosphere, making you wandering what happens next... The chances of getting bitten are HUGE and you actually get infected (just like the Half-Life 2 mod, No More Room in Hell) as I said, hen you kill your zombie character once you pick another survivor. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2012
    I dont know why this game got such a low rating. Dont get me wrong the textures arent as good as they should be, but besides for that this game is intense and extremely fun. This game to me, is an 8. The gameplay is solid and the use of the controller is perfect. While i do wish you used other melee weapons mainly besides the cricket stick, its all good because its really fun and intenseI dont know why this game got such a low rating. Dont get me wrong the textures arent as good as they should be, but besides for that this game is intense and extremely fun. This game to me, is an 8. The gameplay is solid and the use of the controller is perfect. While i do wish you used other melee weapons mainly besides the cricket stick, its all good because its really fun and intense trying to kill a zombie. Ive jumped out of my seat so many times from this game, the challenge is great. This is a great game and I urge everybody to try it that owns a Wii U because this game is solid and the critic reviews dont reflect what it really should be. 8/10. Expand
  59. Sep 19, 2014
    Quality, quality, quality game. Truly unique and innovative. Genuinely scary. This is a must-have game on the Wii U. There are no other games like it on any platform.

It's not a run-and-gun zombie shooting game, like basically every other zombie game, but a real survival game. You rarely use guns, ammo is severely limited. Your main weapon is a cricket bat. It's more about wondering if there is a zombie around the corner... or worse, more than 1 (you rarely survive encounters with 3 or more zombies). The lighting is fantastic as you can see almost nothing, so have to use your gamepad (which acts as a scanner) to see some rooms. This all adds to the creepyness of the game.

It can get incredibly creepy if you play in the dark, especially at the times when you have to look at the gamepad (e.g., for hunting around in the backpack or lockpicking) and then you look up to see a zombie staring at you in the face.

And, just now, I had a situation where someone else playing their game affected mine - my character died, so my new character had to go and retrieve their backpack from the (now zombiefied old character).... Only thing is, by the time I got there, some other player killed them first and took everything! All my guns, medpacs, grenades, etc. These are NOT easy to find, and I had them for 10 hours of the game up until that point! That means I am now far in the game, but have almost no items, thus making it 10x harder. I've never seen this in a game before, and is very cool. It means you really do not want to die, as you could lose everything.

The only issue I have had with this game are the loading screens (which aren't Lego City Undercover terrible).

Honestly, though, this is a very underrated game. I don't even like zombie games, but this is great. You will not be disappointed. What a great game!
  60. Nov 18, 2012
    oh my god this is my first wii u game and its so good the graphics looks great and the sound effects so impressive i recommended this game for any wii u owner
  61. Nov 26, 2012
    Wow, this was a day one purchase as it s for me and I have to admit I played it for an hour and was somewhat unimpressed. I came back about a week later and told myself I was going to give it a fair shot and boy am I glad I ever did. The initial turn off to many gamers I think is that it is NOT a scripted "hold your hand" type of game and it aims to take from seasoned greats such as DarkWow, this was a day one purchase as it s for me and I have to admit I played it for an hour and was somewhat unimpressed. I came back about a week later and told myself I was going to give it a fair shot and boy am I glad I ever did. The initial turn off to many gamers I think is that it is NOT a scripted "hold your hand" type of game and it aims to take from seasoned greats such as Dark Souls (Learning from dying), Metroid (Revisiting past places with new equipment to access new areas), and even Resident Evil One (Clunky Survival Horror) Although its not perfect graphically or combat wise It almost seems to be a necessity as the graphical style allows for more surprises (think Silent Hill Fog) and the minor clunkiness gives you a sense of urgency when attacking or running from Zombies. This game is great and like many Nintendo exclusives makes me realize why I enjoy games so much. The amount of ingenuity and new ideas far surpasses almost every modern day title to date and with a few more tweaks such as more melee weapons and some slightly better character animations, the future of this series could be very good. Expand
  62. Nov 18, 2012
    How in the world this game got a few bad reveiws I will never know!!! The game is fantastic its not like every other zombie game on the market thank goodness!!!!! It stands alone, a truly fun and unique gaming experience!!! Dont let a few false reveiws ruin a truly extraordinary gaining experience for YOU!!!!!!! think for yourself don't let others decide for you!!! if you want a great gameHow in the world this game got a few bad reveiws I will never know!!! The game is fantastic its not like every other zombie game on the market thank goodness!!!!! It stands alone, a truly fun and unique gaming experience!!! Dont let a few false reveiws ruin a truly extraordinary gaining experience for YOU!!!!!!! think for yourself don't let others decide for you!!! if you want a great game its here waiiting 4 you!!!!!! Expand
  63. Nov 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game has a new way to survive and play,but shows the parts that are repeated and eliminate the fear and the actions is running out , the gamepad is fun at first but finishing the game is boring Expand
  64. Nov 16, 2013
    I actually give it a 10 because it was a 3rd party game ready at launch that utilizes the WiiU gamepad tremendously. Feature after feauture consistantly very impressive. It is the game I still play the most often. Lots to do and discover. It is a true survival horror game that is fun to pick up and play and very intense with a sound system or even playing the game in the dark. It canI actually give it a 10 because it was a 3rd party game ready at launch that utilizes the WiiU gamepad tremendously. Feature after feauture consistantly very impressive. It is the game I still play the most often. Lots to do and discover. It is a true survival horror game that is fun to pick up and play and very intense with a sound system or even playing the game in the dark. It can be scary. Don't panic. Good luck! Expand
  65. Jul 19, 2014
    I can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitelyI can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitely took some shortcuts with the routes you needed to take to get to places looking too similar. It is a must own game for the Wii U though and really..only a couple stupid reviews (IGN) keep this score down. It's a solid 8 overall but a 9 for the Wii U. Expand
  66. Dec 13, 2012
    ZombiU is an excellent survival horror game, in my opinion is a bit like the resident evil on playstation 1, in the only thing I complain a little is in the graphics, but everything else is excellent game.
  67. Nov 26, 2012
    Considering the recent turn of RE6, I think its a decent trade off to satisfy those who are in lack of a good zombie survival horror this year. With clever use of the WiiU controller screen, an ever expanding world and
    challenge; its all worth it.
    challenge; its all worth it.

But if you are expecting some stand-alone zombie mode CoD I'll stop you right there, because it plays nothing like it. Them Negative reviews we're probably expecting a game like that. But if you are familiar with Dead Island/Resident evil, you'll feel comfortable with how the game flows
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok.. People mark this game ten for a reason.. We are not professional reviewers like ign and companies of that ilk.. Although I wonder if their opinions mount to a hill of beans to begin with..
    So I give zombiu a 10 for these reasons..
    So I give zombiu a 10 for these reasons..
    The graphics I think personally are very good.. No doubt the pending sequel will get a massive overhaul.. For a wii u launch title.. Still in its baby phase, the coders did a tremendous job.. Very gritty and dirty.. Zombies look amazing and the background setting of London is pretty cool and authentic to a point.. (Where are the buskers and tramps) in the underground? Or the stupid oyster top up points haha..

The sound.. Makes this game very tense.. From the beeping of the radar indicating danger is a Foot!!! Is it a bird? A rat? Worse still a crazed infected super tramp zombie? The hissing and ambient sounds ate top notch and send shivers down my spine.. Play it at night in the dark and crank the sound up!!! Trust me.

This is the first title I've played that really compliments the gamepad... Perfect!! Controls feel boaty at fist, give it an hour or so and it's all second nature and you can see why this game will only ever work on the wii u..
    Well unless Sony get there act together and use the ps vita properly and mimic the wii u set up that would be very cool..
    Sorry side tracked.. The controls are Stella..

Level design is pretty much fantastic, a little to much back tracking for my tastes, but n all honesty this is the game that has not left my wii u.. Even black ops 2 does not get as much play time..

This is the zombie survival game I've been waiting for other then (the war z) on pc... Huge sensation of helplessness, very hard campaign (you will die!) claustrophobic in places all adds up to a amazing atmosphere, totally astonishing and I can't get enough of this game right now.. This will be an amazing franchise for ubisoft..
    The developers deserve a larger budget next time around and hopefully create online co-op or death matches... The multiplayer (king of zombies) whatever it's called is actually pretty cool.. One player using the tv and classical controller pro must fend off and capture flags, whilst at the same time worry about their mate who is using the gamepad and its touch screen to strategically place an assortment of zombies all over your map essentially preventing you from capturing flags!! Rounds are best out of 5.. You get loads more guns and ammo making it more of a call of duty experience fps whilst your mate gradually upgrades his selection of zombies from your run of the mill bottom feeders to spitting or exploding/armour clad super enhanced zombies!! It's awesome and the best game I have played on Any console for quite a while..

Get this game if you can only afford to make one purchase this year!! Trust me
  69. Nov 25, 2012
    A return to Survival Horror and it seems that certain sites found fit to give it a negative review for being an actual survival horror game rather than another action shooter. Great atmosphere, nice use of the controller, real danger and challenge presented to the player. More of this and less of what the RE series has become please.
  70. Dec 9, 2012
    Very good survival game; thx ubi.
    This game isn't made for casual; difficulty level is high.
    En francais : excellent jeu pas fait pour les **** joueurs cependant; direction artistique de toute beauté a mon goût
  71. Dec 13, 2012
    It's a suspenseful first person zombie survival horror, plain and simple, and it's incredibly fun. It clearly took a few notes from Dark Souls (which isn't a bad thing) such as, if you try to Rambo your way through a room, you will likely be killed. Also if you die, you get one chance to try to make it back to where you died to find your previous self as a zombie. If you can make it thereIt's a suspenseful first person zombie survival horror, plain and simple, and it's incredibly fun. It clearly took a few notes from Dark Souls (which isn't a bad thing) such as, if you try to Rambo your way through a room, you will likely be killed. Also if you die, you get one chance to try to make it back to where you died to find your previous self as a zombie. If you can make it there and kill your previous zombified character, you get all your belongings back. And lastly, you can leave messages for other players on walls either warning them or perils, or tricking them into falling into a trap. Not to mention, this game has a great balance of difficulty. Yes it's hard. Is it cheap? Nope. Just don't expect it to be a giant hack and slash/shooting fest. This is not Resident Evil 6. Good game, I hope they make a sequel Expand
  72. Dec 14, 2012
    it's a good game for wii u.. If you are waiting for a new resident evil you are wrong:zombi u is a new horror game with a lot of suspense.. Good in bundle with wii u
  73. Aug 14, 2013
    Que jogão! Obrigatório pra quem fã de games de terror (não tão assustador assim, mas te deixa muito apreensivo e te da VÁRIOS sustos). Foi o primeiro jogo que joguei no Wii U então ele que me apresentou e me apaixonou pelo Wii U. Não compre o jogo achando que vai jogar um "Left 4 Dead", pq não Você vai ter que economizar munição sempre que possível, você vai morrer muito, muitas vezesQue jogão! Obrigatório pra quem fã de games de terror (não tão assustador assim, mas te deixa muito apreensivo e te da VÁRIOS sustos). Foi o primeiro jogo que joguei no Wii U então ele que me apresentou e me apaixonou pelo Wii U. Não compre o jogo achando que vai jogar um "Left 4 Dead", pq não Você vai ter que economizar munição sempre que possível, você vai morrer muito, muitas vezes você tem que evitar os Zumbis e SEMPRE vai ter que pensar no que vai fazer. Expand
  74. Mar 14, 2014
    I absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventoryI absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventory haphazardly when I'm caught off guard by zombies because I wasn't prepared for it. It's a rush! I even start shooting poorly because I'm so panicked. It's just plain creepy and unpredictable. Best part about it is that once you die, you start as a new survivor with hardly any supplies (I'm sure you knew that). But that makes me try SO HARD to stay alive, making any zombie encounter terrifyingly realistic. Most first person shooters can't create those types of emotions because you know you'll just respawn again in a location right near where you died and you don't have anything to lose. Not in Zombi U. Survival means everything. Highly recommended. Expand
  75. Nov 19, 2012
    First of all, I'm laughing at the multi-accounting casuals giving this game low ratings. They should stick to their Cowadoody and pseudo-horror games like Dead Space and RE6 and stay away from genuinely hardcore games like this. Anyways, this game is brutally hard; the zombies aren't one-hit kills any more, but they still present a huge threat. Regenerating health? You wish. Save points?First of all, I'm laughing at the multi-accounting casuals giving this game low ratings. They should stick to their Cowadoody and pseudo-horror games like Dead Space and RE6 and stay away from genuinely hardcore games like this. Anyways, this game is brutally hard; the zombies aren't one-hit kills any more, but they still present a huge threat. Regenerating health? You wish. Save points? Spare me. There's no reloading save points when **** hits the fan; you make do or die. This game is brutal. The game also takes ammo conservation up to eleven. Finding five handgun bullets is cause for celebration, and if you try to play this like Dead Space you'll find yourself having to spend most of your time beating zombies to death with a stick. Another surprisingly deep aspect is the Gamepad; everything, from switching weapons to picking locks, is handled on it, drawing your attention away from the TV and the horrible things trying to chew your face off. It racks up the tension, which brings me to another point: ZombiU is genuinely scary. In an era of gaming where games that claim to be scary aren't (RE6), this is suprising. The game has its downsides, though: the constant backtracking gets tedious after a while, and the multiplayer feels weak. Ultimately, though, this is one of those games where you'll decide whether or not you like it based on what you want out of it. If you're hoping for Kill Everything Ever: Zombie Edition, stick with RE6 and Dead Space; you'll hate everything about this game, from the slow-pacing to the punishing ammo conservation and the backtracking. This game is strictly for survivalists and true survival horror fanatics; it scary, gory, and doesn't make any effort to coddle the player. It's the antithesis to the endless casualized shooters and action-horror games made by other companies, and an ode to those who want a sadistic challenge. And here's to hoping that the inevitable sequels stay that way. Expand
  76. Nov 26, 2012
    I think people's main reason for not liking this game is that it's too hard. If you a enjoy challenging game, and smashing zombies with a cricket bat. This game is for you. Creates a real sense of tension as is always exciting
  77. Dec 8, 2012
    I don't care what nobody says bad about this game. This game is so underrated that is crazy. Best survival horror game I ever played. And I'm a resident evil fan for life. But this here showed me something different and a new direction. I'm honestly very impressed. I look at reviews for everything before I buy. And I saw the reviews for this game and said "oh well, i guess ill save myI don't care what nobody says bad about this game. This game is so underrated that is crazy. Best survival horror game I ever played. And I'm a resident evil fan for life. But this here showed me something different and a new direction. I'm honestly very impressed. I look at reviews for everything before I buy. And I saw the reviews for this game and said "oh well, i guess ill save my money for something else" but on the mii verse community I kept reading post of how good this game is, so I bought it. And I swear to you that I can't disagree with them. I'm even looking for flaws on the game because at this point I'm wondering what exactly is it that ign.com saw wrong with this game. Overall I see it as a 9.2 type game. Is scary, it makes you feel like death is everywhere. And the atmosphere is so real. The zombies act very real to. Is like a movie. And even the graphics I think are excellent. Not my pc type graphics but definitely better and cleaner then my ps3 or Xbox games. Try this game or rent it. Is worth it. This is a review from an older gamer. So don't think I'm a little 12 year old that gets scared easy lol. This game is really well done. Thanks :) Expand
  78. Nov 29, 2012
    My favorite game in a looong time. If you love survival horror than you wil love this. This game is brutal, unforgiving, and extremely tense. Not for those looking for a run and gun or casual experience. There are some minor issues such as zombies partially clipping into walls, however the tense atmosphere and excellent use of the new Wii U gamepad more than make up for any shortcoming.My favorite game in a looong time. If you love survival horror than you wil love this. This game is brutal, unforgiving, and extremely tense. Not for those looking for a run and gun or casual experience. There are some minor issues such as zombies partially clipping into walls, however the tense atmosphere and excellent use of the new Wii U gamepad more than make up for any shortcoming. For sure a 9/10 for any survival horror fun. Expand
  79. Dec 11, 2012
    Ok, before we get started lets just get this out in the open, this game has guns and it's in first person. That being said, this game is not a FPS (first person shooter). I will be reviewing it as a survival horror game because that is what it is.

When you start off you are put in a world where you have very little control of whats happening. The world has fallen apart and zombies walk the streets looking for someone to eat. As it so happens you seem to be one of the very few that are still living. Game Play: Using the game pad is the predominate way to play ZombiU. The touch screen handles most of you inventory and scanning. You are constantly looking back and forth between your TV to make sure that you are not in any danger of being eaten while checking if you have enough ammo or when healing. It creates a sense of real danger and fear. To defend yourself you have been given a cricket bat that constantly makes you re-think your methods. Once you get **** with it and miss swing on a single Zombie you are quickly scrabbling to make space for another try to defend yourself. Guns fire and handle as you would expect and so do explosives. Getting killed is part of the game, after being killed you come back as a new survivor and have to kill the previous survivor to get your old gear back. Be warned that newly turned zombies are a pain in the ass to kill. Story: It's the end of the world and the story is kind of bare bones. The real story is your survival, the experiences you have and the things you have to do is the story here. Art direction:

This game fits it's theme, for a launch title I didn't expect anything to advanced.Most launch titles don't take full advantage of new systems. It looks good where it needs to. Sound: It's scary, the zombies sound like they should and the guns sound like they should. Not much to say.

Overall: I give this game a 8 because it's a good survival game. Some say that this is the road that Resident Evil should have gone. I say give it a rent at least because these types of games can beat up gamers with swaying difficulties. Just keep going and enjoy the experience.
  80. Nov 19, 2012
    Do not be fooled by the 1st person view, the guns and the zombis - this is *not* a shooter. It is a tactical survival horror. Slow paced, dark, difficult and unforgiving. That pretty much sold it to me right away - no hand holding, not instant re-spawns. Its nice to play a game that makes you work at being good for once! Combat can get a bit stale at times but it doesn't really detractDo not be fooled by the 1st person view, the guns and the zombis - this is *not* a shooter. It is a tactical survival horror. Slow paced, dark, difficult and unforgiving. That pretty much sold it to me right away - no hand holding, not instant re-spawns. Its nice to play a game that makes you work at being good for once! Combat can get a bit stale at times but it doesn't really detract from the overall survival-horror aspect.

RE: smellymetal (and others) who complain that "My gosh these people who like the game have new accounts, clearly this means they are fake!" - Yeah, I'm sure this happens, check out some of those zero score "reviews" if you want some examples. I enjoyed playing it, I enjoyed it enough to give it a 9. However I doubt very much if the people giving it zero are being remotely objective, do you? However 5 critic reviews give it 8 or 9 out of 10, why is my liking it so unrealistic?
  81. Jan 20, 2013
    ZombiU won't be for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It is pure survival horror, something that I missed within these past few years. I enjoyed every ounce of gameplay of the 15 hours that I poured in. One bite and you're gone, n ifs and or buts about it. If you need to grab something out of your inventory and you have a horde of zombies on you, the game will NOT pause,ZombiU won't be for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It is pure survival horror, something that I missed within these past few years. I enjoyed every ounce of gameplay of the 15 hours that I poured in. One bite and you're gone, n ifs and or buts about it. If you need to grab something out of your inventory and you have a horde of zombies on you, the game will NOT pause, which in turn is a good thing and makes things tense. The world is set up sort of like "The Darness" or somewhat like "Bioshock". The Safehouse acts like a hub and from there you can either walk to each connected place or fast travel (given that you unlocked a manhole cover in that area) to each location. There will be certainly back traveling for doors you need to go back and unlock, looking for more ammo (yes, ammo is scarce), or looking for other player's zombies for their loot. While the game doesn't have any online multiplayer components, it does allow other people to infect your world, where they previously died and if you kill them, you'll get whatever loot they had in their backpack at that time. You can leave messages for others on virtually any wall or floor, to give people hints, warn them or trick them. Leaderboards are also posted for people's best survival character's score. Your score resets when your survivor dies, which in turn you start a new survivor and you get a chance to go get your loot back from yourself. There is also a "Survival Mode", which basically and bluntly, if you die (even at the end of the game), it's game over, period. Graphics are quite good and I have no complaints with them. Certain glitches may appear with zombie's heads turning kind of oddly, but other than that, the atmosphere is so surreal, that it really gives the impression that this world as we know it, is dead. It'll take you in some pretty unnerving places that will cause you to really take your time and keep watching your back. The sound is pretty outstanding, if not a little low in certain spots. You'll hear people screaming around you in houses, garbage being tipped over, crows, rain and thunder, voices all around you, growls. I did have a few lock ups/freezes (3 in fact) during my play time. One glitch happened when I was sliding through an opening, and it locked up, couldn't do nothing. Two others were pure lockups upon loading a section or in the middle of killing a zombie. In closing, I can recommend this game to any WiiU owner from now and probably until the end of the WiiU's life cycle. It is THAT good. Expand
  82. Nov 19, 2012
    This game isn't perfect by any stretch but no game I have played is. My thoughts on controls are they don't feel bad at all the only issue I tend to come across is accidentally pushing the wrong button to swing my cricket bat for the kill resulting in me getting bit . I don't find them clunky like other reviewers have said they could be better but they are about what I expected them to beThis game isn't perfect by any stretch but no game I have played is. My thoughts on controls are they don't feel bad at all the only issue I tend to come across is accidentally pushing the wrong button to swing my cricket bat for the kill resulting in me getting bit . I don't find them clunky like other reviewers have said they could be better but they are about what I expected them to be not bad not great. Graphics some people bash the graphics in this game but I really dig them the zombies sometimes look like the same person you already fought but this is a minor complaint in my humble opinion. Sure the characters have elongated faces but that is how people from that area usually look so this doesn't bother me they are not as elongated as the characters from Dishonored. So basically you will see more Bremner look a likes than McGregor any fans of trainspotting will get that reference. My ratings breakdown Gameplay/Controls 7.4 Graphics 8.7 Sound 8.2 Replay Value 7.1 Overall 7.85 solid launch title that has it's moments this is more fun than the original Resident Evil games enjoy it. Expand
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    People saying this is below 8 are crazy. Its survival horror and should be hard, dark, moody, scary, limited attack capabilities, etc. Its not an adventure or shooter or anything else. This is by far the best game of this genre in a long time.

The graphics, while not AC3, BF3, and so one, are still great. The lighting is perfect. The grimy and dark textures fit the idea behind the game. Additionally, its a new IP on a new console. Ubisoft was taking a risk and couldn't go all out with a tens of millions of dollars in a budget. However, they still look fantastic in HD running at 720p at a stable framerate. If you're complaining about the graphics, then why are you on consoles. You obviously need to be on high-end PCs.

The controls are perfect. The gamepad adds incredible options as well as a significant part of the complexity and unique balance in this survival horror where you can be killed without proper planning due to the time involved in using your backpack or limited weapons with quick access. Then you have integration with your friends. OMG this is awesome. Either the multiplayer (which basically is a shooter at this point) or that your friends dead survivors appear in your game, you'll love it.

This game deserves to at least be in the 8.5 range and its easily a top5 game on WiiU right now. If you like a challenge, like to be scared or at least on the edge of your seat a lot, you need this game.
  84. Jan 15, 2013
    ZombiU is a fantastic survival horror game. This is the first thing that should be taken note of when looking at the game. If you're going into the game expecting the casual shoot-fest you'd get in a game like Left 4 Dead or any other modern FPS, you're going to be severely shocked. The game is a complete revival of the survival horror genre of games, which has been sitting in disrepairZombiU is a fantastic survival horror game. This is the first thing that should be taken note of when looking at the game. If you're going into the game expecting the casual shoot-fest you'd get in a game like Left 4 Dead or any other modern FPS, you're going to be severely shocked. The game is a complete revival of the survival horror genre of games, which has been sitting in disrepair ever since Resident Evil dropped it for a more action-oriented game focus. The game makes superb use of the Wii U's innovative gamepad, from the single player all the way to the multiplayer, which I feel is possibly one of the coolest concepts for a multiplayer game in a long, long time. If you love REAL horror games and you want to play a challenging zombie survival game, you will get just that with Zombi U. Expand
  85. Dec 24, 2012
    Nowadays it's hard to find a true survival horror game. What I like about ZombiU is that the emphasis really is on surviving, not mindless shooting. I found it visually appealing, atmospheric and just fun. My criticisms would be with loading times that often mar the atmosphere, the campaign being a little too short and some harsh combat difficulty (this is surprisingly hardcore for aNowadays it's hard to find a true survival horror game. What I like about ZombiU is that the emphasis really is on surviving, not mindless shooting. I found it visually appealing, atmospheric and just fun. My criticisms would be with loading times that often mar the atmosphere, the campaign being a little too short and some harsh combat difficulty (this is surprisingly hardcore for a ubisoft game). A great game if you like to slow down and explore, if you prefer shooting everything you'd maybe be better off with Left 4 Dead or something. Expand
  86. Feb 28, 2013
    being a survival horror game veteran, craving games of days gone past where I'm not playing boring Quick Time Event filled with generic set pieces and countless over the top action sequences (yes Capcom, I'm referring to you) I was extremely happy to find Zombie U ticked all the right boxes for me. Currently 26 hours in and enjoying it immensely atmosphere, challenging immersivebeing a survival horror game veteran, craving games of days gone past where I'm not playing boring Quick Time Event filled with generic set pieces and countless over the top action sequences (yes Capcom, I'm referring to you) I was extremely happy to find Zombie U ticked all the right boxes for me. Currently 26 hours in and enjoying it immensely atmosphere, challenging immersive gameplay, edge of the seat and pulse setting scares have had me playing way into the night. Ok so a few technical issues were found towards the latter part of the game (some basic collision detection proved amusing for 30 seconds whilst some zombie legs jiggled violently through a door) none of which though detracted from this amazing horror experience. I've seen them all and played them all and this is by far the closest thing you can get to zombie apocalypse experience truly terrifying and 100% satisfying. An essential Wii U purchase for fans of the genre. Don't be put off from low reviewers complaining about the cricket bat and lack of weapons. This is a mans game! Not Call of Duty where you march in with nukes strapped to your thighs and dance around like a camp butterfly recreating daft scenarios from Die Hard 4.0 this is survival at its finest Expand
  87. Jul 18, 2013
    Now, this is what I'd call a Survival-Horror game! It has a high difficulty level and a great, tense atmosphere.

Loved it al the way though, the 13 hours it lasted, feeling the thrills every second. Cons are graphics look a little outdated and the story is somewhat shallow, but the Gamepad adds a lot to the game play (radar and Backpack checking. You don't know how tense the game can

Cons are graphics look a little outdated and the story is somewhat shallow, but the Gamepad adds a lot to the game play (radar and Backpack checking. You don't know how tense the game can get with just those two features)

It has nice reply value, too. Try playing in cooperating with others via Miiverse and the game renders an awesome online-multiplayer-like experience!!

And that's enough for me to give it a 9.
  88. Nov 18, 2013
    I found this game to be a bold and engaging experience. It has a unique atmosphere and very good Gamepad integrated features. It has flaws quite a few actually. But since this game drew me into this zombie infested London so quick and didn´t let me go until I finished the game through, I have no other options but to rate this game an 8/10

Still I would have wished for better zombi

Still I would have wished for better zombi character models and better texture quality overall.
    Plus it seemed rushed and therefore was buggy here and there nothing gamebreaking for me though.
    Recommended for the more old schooled gamers around who are looking for an intense experience and are not afraid of the dark.
  89. Dec 7, 2012
    I wasn't going to try this game after reading IGN's review but after reading some more review's from other site's eg "Ausgamers". I bought a WiiU and ZombieU and have loved it the graphics are not the best but thats after playing other titles on my pc when i play my ps3 or xbox 360 i always am in shock how bad the graphics look compared to pc .One of IGN's negative points was ammo beingI wasn't going to try this game after reading IGN's review but after reading some more review's from other site's eg "Ausgamers". I bought a WiiU and ZombieU and have loved it the graphics are not the best but thats after playing other titles on my pc when i play my ps3 or xbox 360 i always am in shock how bad the graphics look compared to pc .One of IGN's negative points was ammo being scarce but they were playing it before everyone's zombie survivors were popping up in each others world like loot pinatas. The Melee combat is a little clunky but really would say a nurse in real life be able to pick up a bat and turn into a zombie killing machine?. The atmosphere is great as well .. There is nothing like the feeling of scanning the environment before you turn a corner. I like the game pad use's for checking your bag and looting. I hate it for tapping manhole covers and timber boards. Like others have said if you love survival horror games give this a try and you will not regret it. Ohh and buy something else to play when your heart cannot take it after a couple of hours.. Expand
  90. Mar 31, 2013
    ZombiU is a great game. While it misses on a few elements such as how many times it takes to kill a zombie with the melee weapon and maybe not having the most coherent story, what the game does well makes these flaws an afterthought. I don't think I've ever played a game that had me on my toes as much as this one. When a zombie pops up behind you or around a corner it's legitimatelyZombiU is a great game. While it misses on a few elements such as how many times it takes to kill a zombie with the melee weapon and maybe not having the most coherent story, what the game does well makes these flaws an afterthought. I don't think I've ever played a game that had me on my toes as much as this one. When a zombie pops up behind you or around a corner it's legitimately frightening. It's hard to understand the ign and gamestop reviews, I would of thought this game would be hailed as innovative and taking risks, unlike many of the FPS type games out today. The atmosphere of this game is really something special. Expand
  91. Feb 5, 2015
    Never have I ever played such a tense game as this one. Most games these days have been way to forgiving and practically holds your hand. ZombiU is one unforgiving game and I loved every minute of it.
  92. POE
    Nov 18, 2012
    This game is great. It has the best story so far on a wii u game, and awesome use of the control pad. The grafics are it´s low point, maybe with more time Ubisoft could have done a better job on this aspect.
  93. Nov 22, 2012
    AVOID WEBSITE KOTAKU.com they bash Everything nintendo and this guy named owen that does game reviews has a problem with nintendo , this game is great 100%
  94. Dec 3, 2012
    Simply put, this game is kack your pants scary. I never thought id care much for another survival horror game again, but then this little gem came along. It is quite possibly the darkest game i have ever played, to which very much works in its advantage. Zombies are a menacing force that if you are taking on more than one you really have to think on your feet of how you are going to goSimply put, this game is kack your pants scary. I never thought id care much for another survival horror game again, but then this little gem came along. It is quite possibly the darkest game i have ever played, to which very much works in its advantage. Zombies are a menacing force that if you are taking on more than one you really have to think on your feet of how you are going to go about it. The sonar "alien"-esque motion tracker is a stroke of genius, as you can never be sure as to whether you are dealing with a face muncher aound that corner, or whether a little rat is about to give you the jumping fright of your life. The audio as well, my god the audio. Its only a little touch, bur hearing your character panick and sob a little bit when you are in a dire situation and fending off Zombies is a disturbing touch and the fact that if you die, that character is dead and gone are all your goods makes every encounter as tense as the last.
    Basically... get this game!
  95. Dec 28, 2012
    Great game! One of the few that really scares you and feels like true survival horror. If you like games like Resident Evil (the original), Silent Hill, Condemned, etc. that are actually frightening then pick this one up. It keeps the tension high at all times and makes you feel truly alone in a zombie outbreak. The game pad is used well during game play, and if you encounter more thanGreat game! One of the few that really scares you and feels like true survival horror. If you like games like Resident Evil (the original), Silent Hill, Condemned, etc. that are actually frightening then pick this one up. It keeps the tension high at all times and makes you feel truly alone in a zombie outbreak. The game pad is used well during game play, and if you encounter more than 1 zombie at any time it's very difficult, you have to use strategy and sometimes run for safety! Dark atmosphere and very tense game play, I highly recommend! Expand
  96. Nov 19, 2012
    In a generation that is saturated by action games, Zombie U is getting the cold shoulder. "Ugly graphics, claustrophobic areas, limited ammo, 1 bite your dead" is one of this game main complaints. That would be true if Zombie U was a action game...BUT IT'S NOT. Zombie U is a green mushroom for the survival horror genre that's dying thanks to capcom & ignorant casual gamers. SurvivalIn a generation that is saturated by action games, Zombie U is getting the cold shoulder. "Ugly graphics, claustrophobic areas, limited ammo, 1 bite your dead" is one of this game main complaints. That would be true if Zombie U was a action game...BUT IT'S NOT. Zombie U is a green mushroom for the survival horror genre that's dying thanks to capcom & ignorant casual gamers. Survival horror games are supposed to be: 1) ugly looking environment, 2) limited ammo (survival, duh), using your brains instead of brawn( your just 1 weakling against many viral enemies. 3) feeling helpless. Melee attack animations can get tiring, but when your desperate trying to get the zombie of your back, you'll forget that. This game delivers for what resident evil 1-4 fans Have been claiming for. I suggest go watch a few playthrough videos & see it for yourself, but NOTE: if your expecting call of duty zombie, you'll be disappointed but sorry to tell you IT'S AN SURVIVAL HORROR GAME not an ACTION GAME Expand
  97. Dec 6, 2012
    ZombiU. Much discrepancy has been had over this game. Either you love it or you hate it. I went in a bit skeptical due to some of the negative reviews I had seen of the game. I am very happy that I chose to purchase it however. This game is true survival horror.

Those expecting a game like Resident evil 6 or dead space will be disappointed...as this is not a game in that same vein. This game is about slow, tense, careful planning and conserving...with occasional spikes of terror and a constant feeling of nervousness while playing.

This game does NOT hold your hand. You will die, and you will die alot. Dark souls with zombies? You might not be too far off. The graphics are average, yet the world and setting that have been crafted here are top notch.

The use of the gamepad really brings it home here, making the experience more tense and intuitive without making it feel very gimmicky.

If more games are crafted like this, the WiiU has a bright future ahead of it indeed.

98. Jun 25, 2013
    These days it's hard to find a survival horror games. Sure there's still resident evil and stuff like that but they aren't really "scary" then came e3 2012 where ubisoft showed off their ambitious exclusive for wiiu. So how was the game? Amazing. It is survival horror at its finest. I'm willing to put this up with games like re4. Actually scratch that this is BETTER than re4. No AshleyThese days it's hard to find a survival horror games. Sure there's still resident evil and stuff like that but they aren't really "scary" then came e3 2012 where ubisoft showed off their ambitious exclusive for wiiu. So how was the game? Amazing. It is survival horror at its finest. I'm willing to put this up with games like re4. Actually scratch that this is BETTER than re4. No Ashley Graham's whining no qte's just killing zombies. While this isn't the graphical showcase for the u since you can't see anything in the dark the presentation is this games strongpoint. Ubisoft paid tons of attention to detail and it shows. Zombies growl unsettlingly making you tap your radar which also picks up rats and crows so you may see a ton of rats on your radar and become pale. Your character makes whimper noises while using the backpack where there are zombies it's great. The gameplay is ok but nothing to special. It makes good use of the gameplay but the cb combat is clunky and unsatisfying although I don't imagine it being to satisfying during the apocalypse so ill let this one slide. Zombiu is a great action packed adventure that every wiiu owner should experience. Don't let this one pass you by. It rocks. Expand
  99. Sep 5, 2013
    What can videogames produce? What is their goal? I do believe VG are art, so they want to communicate, create experiences. ZombiU is one of the freshest experiences out there. You'll see people speaking about graphics and bla bla bla, this game is a MUST HAVE, an unique experience. Do you want to play generic games or have unique experiences? Your call
  100. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is much better than people give it credit, and so much of the negativity seems to be based in graphics, bugs and/or genre confusion. So, let's start with the graphics: granted, this isn't the best-looking game, but it was a launch title, and most launch titles (on any console) don't showcase a system's full potential. Even considering that, I personally don't think it looks asThis game is much better than people give it credit, and so much of the negativity seems to be based in graphics, bugs and/or genre confusion. So, let's start with the graphics: granted, this isn't the best-looking game, but it was a launch title, and most launch titles (on any console) don't showcase a system's full potential. Even considering that, I personally don't think it looks as bad as people say, which leads us to the bugs and glitches. Most of the "game-breaking" ones have been ironed out in patches, leaving (so far as I've encountered) sparse and minor glitches that in no way hinder game play. And as for the genre... This isn't Dead Rising or a FPS, so don't expect to be able to cleave through zombies in single strikes or mow them down in rows. It's a survival game, and as the in-game guide says near starting up, it's sometimes better to just run, which should give the player an idea of what he/she will encounter. Expand

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It takes a couple of hours to fully realize that ZombiU – not an eerie game, but a rather eerily boring one – is a goner. I hope that Ubisoft will hack the head off this franchise before it turns into ZombiU 2 and starts biting people’s wallets.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    An intense experience. ZombiU delivers one of the most intense experiences in recent history. Moody, violent and suitably tough, it managed to keep me playing long into the night. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    For fans of the survival horror genre, ZombiU is filled to the brink with challenges and many hours of gameplay.