3D Pixel Racing Wii

6.6

1. Sep 11, 2011
    This was a hard game to rate. While the amount of content you get for 500 wii points is to be appluaded, the game itself is a mess. The handling is poor, the pixels make the car slow and choppy and it is next to impossible to catch up. Playing in multi-player is a little better, due to you both having the same problems. This is a missed opportunity. I was expecting so much more.
  2. Oct 21, 2011
    It's like Minecraft meets Sega Racers meets Mario Kart. And if you are astute, you'll notice some actual Sega racers here. There's the Ferrari Testarossa from OutRun, the Hornet from Daytona USA. the Lancia from Sega Rally, Formula 1 cars (Virtua Racing perhaps?). Also there's what looks like the Porsche from Chase HQ. Also Lamborghinis and Corvettes...

Take a look at their

Take a look at their website. You can see what looks like the Ferrari Testarossa & F40, the Hornet, & the Lancia and Celica. I find that fascinating. Also, the Chase HQ car is coincidentally named "Chaser," HA!

As for the game itself, it looks very charming. Not brutal and absurd like Burnout or Split/Second. It has pit stops and "cop chases." The way the cars "shake" and slide back and forth when they drive is very Sega-esque. THESE GUYS must be Sega racing fans, I know it!!! GIVE THEM PROPS, PEOPLE!!!

The only bad news: it's only for the Nintendo Wii. I would get this in a heartbeat but I only have the Xbox 360. Also, I don't know how much customization there is...looks like you can design your own cars and tracks although I doubt you can do the former and the latter is questionable...

Download it from the Wii Store. DO IT FOR GREAT JUSTICE. AT THIS POINT IN TIME, WE MUST STICK UP FOR ANYONE REPRESENTING SEGA'S GLORY DAYS!!!

1. Nintendo Gamer
    Nov 2, 2011
    A contradiction on wheels. [Nov 2011, p.75]
  2. Games Master UK
    Oct 23, 2011
    Pixel imperfect. [Dec 2011, p.91]
  3. So despite all the options - Championship mode, Capture The Flag, four player split screen and a Hot Pursuit mode - the wild handling is a little too much to cope with.