7.8

1. Apr 20, 2011
    This is a great game. It looks and feels great, much better then the previous installments. However there isn't much to keep vets coming back after some goals are accomplished. While annoying the grass growth problem is not impossible to overcome, and the smaller amount of villagers isn't an issue either. The wi-fi connectivity is great; visiting friends is now easy, and the DLC is a nice addition. Must buy for any Wii owner. Expand
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    This was the game I was hooked on for five months, wasting all my free-time on it. This and the original game boy are my favorite and I was happy when this came out because the DS version disappointed me greatly. This new one adds a lot more new events, a whole different area and more whacky characters to explore and discover. The game was exactly what you might think at looking at it, "weird", but it's amazingly fun and addictive. Expand
  3. Dec 25, 2012
    When I first played this game I was expecting to be bored out of my mind, but was surprised to find out that this is a very fun game for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. There's a surprising amount of freedom (I just wish I could decorate my bedroom) and content in this game, and it's got loads of charm. It will keep you coming back every day.
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    improvements of this is way more enjoyable then wild wold
    it one best animal crossing games that i played alot the title has quite alot things to do in the city
    one more step foward for city folk and it's fun won't stop here

1. Animal Crossing: City Folk is one of the most charming and entertaining life sims out there, with lots to explore and experience.
    City Folk just seems like a huge missed opportunity - either that, or a lazy cash-in on Nintendo's newfound casual audience. If it's the former, they ought to just call it Wii Mortgage Payments.
    After putting literally weeks and months into playing both the GameCube original and the Nintendo DS sequel, it was very disappointing to see that, after putting nearly two weeks into Animal Crossing: City Folk that very little effort went into the design beyond porting and enhancing the Nintendo DS game.