3.5

1. MichaelR
    Dec 21, 2009
    Even considering that this game may have been intended to be "retro", it's no excuse for creating something so crap. This is nothing compared to the classic side scrolling fighting and shooting games of 30 yrs ago. The gameplay is poor, the controls are poor, the graphics are poor. My 6 yr old son loves Astroboy, and wants me to play this game with him, but it's not a pleasant Even considering that this game may have been intended to be "retro", it's no excuse for creating something so crap. This is nothing compared to the classic side scrolling fighting and shooting games of 30 yrs ago. The gameplay is poor, the controls are poor, the graphics are poor. My 6 yr old son loves Astroboy, and wants me to play this game with him, but it's not a pleasant experience. Expand

1. Poor combat, generic enemies, and uninteresting levels make for a game that isn't worthy of the Astro Boy license.
  2. More than anything, Astro Boy is a great surprise for what many would assume is simply some child’s Christmas present. The Astro Boy coating is there so kids ask mommy and daddy to spend their holiday bonuses on it, but High Voltage Software felt nice enough to sneak in a fun game too. It’s like the whiskey Grandpa adds to the eggnog.
    Astro Boy just straight up isn't much fun. There is fun to be had, namely in the flying levels, but those are small portions of the game. The majority is a functional, but boring platformer/brawler.