Bakugan Battle Brawlers Wii

7.2

1. E.H.
    Nov 15, 2009
    This game was really fun! I enjoyed playing it. And it proves that a video game can make your brain work and gives you lots of exercise.
  2. RobbyD
    Oct 25, 2009
    The Only obvious improvement in this first entry would be online Multi-player. Otherwise thise is a GREAT start for the series in gaming!
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    I never watched the show "Bakugan" but I can say, I really like this game. I found this game at my girlfriend's house and we decided to play it. When I saw the cover, I was a little concerned to whether it was a good game for two fourteen year olds.

I can honestly say, I really enjoyed it. The graphics are great and the story line is quiet enjoyable.
  4. Jan 3, 2016
    So there are a few things this game does right. First off: it makes you feel like you're actually part of the show and it has AMAZING music. The gameplay is also really good. This is one of the rare cases when a licensed game is actually good.

What does it get wrong? Well... the story is a complete bore. The entire story is based on tournaments instead of an actual story, and the actual story is revealed only so slightly which only serves to increase the game's length. The other thing? Game mechanics. This game basically throws out ALL you knew about ability cards and replaces them with G-power ups on their labels instead of cool things they can do in real life. This severly hurts the game. What else does this game wrong? Gameplay and variation thereof. In a game like this, you can't expect gameplay to be much more than the actual game itself and that's not the problem (it plays very well like Bakugan should). So what's the problem? Everything feels the exact same. All gameplay seems the same with little to no variations to characters except their Bakugan and Attributes. This game is enjoyable in short bursts or if you want to just goof around for a while. If you're a fan of Bakugan like I was, you'll enjoy this.

It's worth a buy now, but it was worth a rent a long time ago.

#77 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#22 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

Bakugan: Battle Brawlers seems to do things mostly right on paper, though the actual gameplay offers too much build-up to each fight and not enough in the actual battle department.
  2. Purchase Bakugan Battle Brawlers only if you are a fan of the show. It is obvious that this game is made for younger gamers that don't mind repetition in their games. If you are looking for a little variety in a game that includes a deep storyline and interesting battles, you will need to look elsewhere.
  3. In spite of the flaws, it’s clear that a lot of work went into Battle Brawlers. The show’s cast does the voice acting, and every card available in the real world is in the game. It’s likely to appeal to players who love the show, and turn anyone else off.