Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree Wii

6.9

1. Feb 27, 2015
    Not enough content in this game to keep you connected to it. Although I do like the stats they show you at the end of each test that shows how well you did.
  2. DaveR.
    Jun 13, 2007
    I think it would be a great game if you like to pick your brain... but playing games is supposed to take your mind off of stuff like that and for the price of it i will aggree it needs to drop before i put it in with my game collection
  3. thedude
    Jun 25, 2007
    A completely different sort of game. It's really fun if you get a good rivalry with someone determined to prove they're smarter than you. However, it doesn't seem to offer up as much in varied gameplay as it should. We played Wii Sports for over two months without getting tired of it. We played Wii Degree for a week straight and haven't touched it since. I think we A completely different sort of game. It's really fun if you get a good rivalry with someone determined to prove they're smarter than you. However, it doesn't seem to offer up as much in varied gameplay as it should. We played Wii Sports for over two months without getting tired of it. We played Wii Degree for a week straight and haven't touched it since. I think we will go back to it from time to time, but while it is fun it just doesn't have the legs that some of the other Wii multi-player games have. A better rental than one to purchase for most probably, and it is a little bit of an acquired taste, so some may not get much out of it at all. If brain teasers and mind games are your cup of tea, though, it is worth trying out. Expand
  4. RupertA.
    Jun 26, 2007
    Great game, but the price tag hurt a little. The most fun to be had here is the Brain Sprint multiplayer. Puzzles are not as repetitive as I would have thought, given their relatively small number. There are enough variations to keep you engaged and challenged.
  5. KDep
    Jul 4, 2007
    Glad I rented this one - I played it through twice last night (each taking about 5 - 10 minutes) and I doubt I'll pick it up again. Interesting, but only worth about $20 as a game. Might be better if you did play it only once a day for a few minutes, but I likely won't do that. A fun minigame collection, but not worth the full price by far.
  6. DebS.
    Aug 19, 2007
    It held more promise when first bought it, now it bugs me that I must click through all the professors instructions. We don't need to have to hear/read him say the same things over and over. I do like that it can be played with many people.
  7. DougL.
    May 23, 2008
    It is cool but gets old fast. I enjoyed big brain more on the DS, but this is fun overall.

#23 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#48 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Gamer
    Nifty use of the pointer like nobody's business, but the WiiConnect24 stuff is deeply uninspired. [Sept 2007, p.44]
    Big brains are certainly desirable, but big price tags are a different matter, and Wii Degree's standard $49.99 asking price is a little hard to stomach. While the game is tons of fun, there's just a handful of minigames and not much else, which puts it in a different class to other full-priced options.
    You're going to have fun here, but in three or four years we'll look back at this game and it will pale by comparison to its inevitable sequels.