Bleach: Shattered Blade Wii

• Release Date: Oct 9, 2007
7.5

1. GomezRuben
    Jul 8, 2009
    I cant believe Shonen Jump or whoever it is who owns the rights to BLEACH actually allowed Sega to make a game for their series.

The visuals are TERRIBLE, I feel like Im playing a fighting game on the original playstation! Music - who the hell composed the garbage? They could have saved time, money, and pissing people like me off by using the tracks from the show! ALL the intros and

Music - who the hell composed the garbage? They could have saved time, money, and pissing people like me off by using the tracks from the show! ALL the intros and some of the ending songs from the anime would have been great for this.

Voice acting- Barf. They got first graders that were learning to read to do all the voice overs on this game. The... boy... with... blonde... hair... is...EEE...CHI...GO! Uh durr.... - They should have just included the japanese voices as an option, but like the voice actors, they are also ...uh-durr.

Controls - I know this is a wii game but seriously!? I feel like I'm j@*k1ng off the person next to me b/c the controls are so non involving. Combo system? not really there. Swing the controller like an infant plays with a rattle and you got yourself a 13 hit combo b/c the sword gets swung up and down 13 times! Dont get me started on the "unblockables" and the terrible excuse for "bankai"

BANKAI Scenes: For those of us who know the series, its saddening. The horrible visuals, with the stupid songs, the retarded voice overs, the midi sound effects, and the same dark lamo background(whats the deal with the dark background coming up during EVERY bankai?) makes them a dread to see! Its not that pleasing to the heart of a child still in you feeling with a slight burst of excitement that someone is about to get slapped. I prefer to just not go bankai during the fights JUST TO AVOID THE SCENES.

Difficulty - ummm random should be the default and only option. It all depends on who your fighting. They are either fast and strong with good specials, or slow, stupid and weak. Computer just uses alot of the "unblockables either way.

Story - Ever watched a filler arc and thought, THANK GOD ITS OVER. The story in this game will make you think - OMG JUST SKIP THE STORY LINE SCENES PLEASE!

I'm about to close this rant.

Sega almost went out of business for a reason. This game is a reason for REAL diehards of the series to just want to kill SEGA for developing such a HORRIBLE game.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Oh man! I love Bleach. I already read about 50 manga books. I also got DS game and it was pretty great. I had so high expectations for this. Loading times take forever. There's no story mode just crappy episode mode. (where you have to fight 8 guys - in one episode with ****ing Hanataro Yamada). Sega came up with their own story and it sucks. Combat is horribly mindless. You have threeOh man! I love Bleach. I already read about 50 manga books. I also got DS game and it was pretty great. I had so high expectations for this. Loading times take forever. There's no story mode just crappy episode mode. (where you have to fight 8 guys - in one episode with ****ing Hanataro Yamada). Sega came up with their own story and it sucks. Combat is horribly mindless. You have three choices weak attacks which don't do almost anything. Strong attacks which you have to spam. And special attacks (you have 3) which suck and most of time you use other attack than you want. Dubbing is BAD!!! Expand

#66 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#51 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Gamer
    Even with a year to polish it up, Bleach feels like a rushed Wii launch job. Very poor. [Mar 2008, p.59]
  2. As long as you're not expecting a ton of depth, the game will serve you well as a story-based game, a quick therapeutic diversion and a party game which proves, ultimately that there's a lot to like in Bleach: Shattered Blade.
  3. While the game’s story mode doesn’t make a big impression, the solid fighting mechanics and controls make this a fighting game that’s well worth a look.