8.1

1. Mar 22, 2016
    When I heard that my favourite point and click game of all time was being given a director's cut edition I jumped out my chair and cheered. I have tons of memories playing the original Broken Sword game on PC. So what was the Director's Cut version like? The best I can say is "It was good" It didn't really give me what I was hoping it would give.

One thing that it added from the

One thing that it added from the original game which is probably my favourite addition is that it adds Nico as a playable character and she was just a major character in the original.

Aside from that there wasn't really much more of a reason for me to play it a second time through. I like most of the new changes that it gives this game like the hint system. But I'm thinking of one thing in particular, one change that I was annoyed about and that was the goat puzzle. This puzzle that was in the original broken sword was called as one of the hardest puzzles in a video game and it took me a week to figure out that puzzle and I felt amazing after I finally solved it. But in the Director's cut they simplified the puzzle. I'm not sure why revolution would do this. I don't think it needed to be simplified because of the newly added hint system, if players struggled with the puzzle they could just ask the hint system for help.

One other problem I have with this Director's cut is that I can tell the difference between the audio that's been taken from the original game and the audio that has been recorded just for the director's cut because the director's cut audio sounds more clear and the audio that has been put into the director's cut from the original game sounds a bit more static. This makes some of the audio sound out of place and some of the new audio is done by different voice actors.

Aside from that I do like the director's cut but I only recommend it to people who haven't played the original as there isn't really that much new to offer to people who played the original.
  2. Jan 3, 2016

One thing that it added from the

3. morrimorri
    May 4, 2009
    It's a good port from PC, but it has an inconvenience, almost in Spanish version: the people who puts their voices to the characters ara different in the new situations, and it is a little annoying.
  4. NoboardJ
    May 3, 2009
    Potential to be a great gae, but shocking gameplay mechanics have left me stuck after the first section. Knowing what to do is simple, their insitance at using the Wiimote for precise movements make continuation impossible. Such a shame and warning to developers not to force pointless wii mechanics into all games, they n break them.
  5. BobB
    Apr 4, 2009
    First, the bad: There is at least one bug in the game that prevents you from finishing. I am about 80% through the game, and the next destination the map is grayed out, and the game is no longer able to continue -- even as the hint system tells that destination is where I need to go, right now. Alas, as mildly entertaining as the game was, I refuse to restart the game from scratch. The First, the bad: There is at least one bug in the game that prevents you from finishing. I am about 80% through the game, and the next destination the map is grayed out, and the game is no longer able to continue -- even as the hint system tells that destination is where I need to go, right now. Alas, as mildly entertaining as the game was, I refuse to restart the game from scratch. The presentation of the original portion of the game is clearly dated, and the newly added portion of the game is very brief and inconsequential to the plot. There aren't too many point-and-click adventure games on the Wii, though, so this Wii port may be your cup-of-tea if you enjoy the genre. The hint system helps move it along if the you miss one of several easily overlooked items, even though walkthroughs can be found easily on the web for this old game. Lastly, this is one of the many games that annoyingly do not take up the entire 16x9 display area. Expand

#70 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009

Ultimately, there’s a sense that Broken Sword: The Director’s Cut can’t quite reconcile its attempts to incorporate updated gaming sensibilities with its need to maintain the sort of respectful reverence demanded by fans. The result is a game that flounders unevenly between both extremes and never quite gels as an overall experience. However, for all its inconsistencies, Broken Sword is still an undoubted masterclass in videogame storytelling.
  2. Broken Sword turned out to be a pretty decent adventure game that shouldn't be missed by the old and the new fans. The game has everything a good adventure should have and even offers a little bit more. The only thing we can nag about is the lack of extras after waiting almost thirteen years.
  3. This Director's Cut deserved to be spared from patchy audio and shonky cutscenes, but it wasn't. Regardless of this fact, the brilliance of the Templars remains largely undiminished.