Brunswick Pro Bowling Wii

5.4

1. ChadS.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game can best be described as a missed opportunity. If they had only implemented the excellent (and approachable) control scheme from Wii Sports Bowling, they would have a great hit on their hands, despite the ugly characters. Instead the Wii control in this game feels very detached and, well... needless. The Wii control is totally out of sync with the bowlers motions, and you This game can best be described as a missed opportunity. If they had only implemented the excellent (and approachable) control scheme from Wii Sports Bowling, they would have a great hit on their hands, despite the ugly characters. Instead the Wii control in this game feels very detached and, well... needless. The Wii control is totally out of sync with the bowlers motions, and you don't even know if what you're doing seems to have much of any effect on the bowling. There's no meter for feedback, or anything to help you figure this out either. I was able to bowl a fairly good game just by dropping my arm to my side each time, regardless of what my player was doing. This is a very technical bowling game, which is fine, but you don't even need the Wii controller to play it... in fact, it would control better without it. And that's just a shame, because it could have been so much more than just a controller-based game ported to the Wii with poorly tacked on Wii controls. Collapse
    Nov 20, 2007
    Worse bowling game ever. I will try to return tomorrow. Hopefully AMF Bowling Pinbusters will be better.
  3. LarryH.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Very slow, does not make use of accelerators in Wii Remote. Wii Sports Bowling way better. I can't believe it, I now have a $40 POS.
  4. NanB.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Quick game is playable, but trying to play career mode gets frustrating fast. No matter how you try to hook or spin the ball, it goes different directions. The idea of oily lanes tries to be more realistic but fails when you can barely keep the ball out of the gutter.
  5. ColbyS.
    Feb 29, 2008
    Very poor game. No ball control. The ball will roll without any movement other than pressing B and dropping arm to start swing. Looking for a refund! Company should be ashamed of putting out such trash.
  6. Kahlil
    Aug 26, 2007
    Wii sports bowling hands down more exciting. Controls are terrible.
  7. ScottF.
    Sep 23, 2007
    They had a great model to base this product on, but they tried to reinvent the wheel and ended up with a brick. Not only did they not improve on some obvious deficiencies in wii sport, but it seems like they took what was good from it and did away with that as well. You can get used to the timing between your approach and the character being off, but I can't tell if anything I do They had a great model to base this product on, but they tried to reinvent the wheel and ended up with a brick. Not only did they not improve on some obvious deficiencies in wii sport, but it seems like they took what was good from it and did away with that as well. You can get used to the timing between your approach and the character being off, but I can't tell if anything I do with the wii remote does anything to affect the game play. Game play is boring and slow. I was playing wii sport within an hour of getting home with this game. I've even read some reviews here and decided to give it a second try...same result. SAVE YOURSELF $40.00 go buy yourself a pizza and a DVD (at least that way you will get a guaranteed 2 hours of entertainment). Expand

#28 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#58 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Power
    The game is still fun with a group, and bowling is infinitely more entertaining with a Wii remote than with a standard controller; just don't expect the superior control of Wii Sports Bowling. [Sept 2007, p.86]
  2. Poor presentation and a steep learning curve hinder what would have otherwise been a fun bowling sim.
    Sure, getting another few people around the TV is infinitely more enjoyable than the single-player experience, but figuring out the precise hook patterns to overcome the dynamic lane conditions can be overly intimidating.