Bust-A-Move Bash! Wii

3.5

1. EdT.
    Apr 30, 2007
    Seriously, RENT this game before buying it. Don't make the mistake (like I did) of assuming that any Bust-a-Move game is better than none at all. I load this game up for my girlfriend and her younger sisters, and they were completely bored with the game within 5 minutes! How is that even possible? That's not an exaggeration, by the way - it was really just 5 minutes. An absurd Seriously, RENT this game before buying it. Don't make the mistake (like I did) of assuming that any Bust-a-Move game is better than none at all. I load this game up for my girlfriend and her younger sisters, and they were completely bored with the game within 5 minutes! How is that even possible? That's not an exaggeration, by the way - it was really just 5 minutes. An absurd amount of unnecessary "special" bubbles, "special" skills, and automatic combos completely take ALL the skill out of the game. And there's no classic mode for those of us who don't need that nonsense. But probably worst of all, there is NO VERSUS MODE - only the mode which places you on the same playing field with as many as 7 other people. But just as all the reviews have stated, it's just chaos where, again, no skill is involved. Continually smashing the buttons works just as good as any "strategy" because there is no way to lose. Bubbles that reach the bottom simply fall away harmlessly. I could go on and on... Expand
  2. Anonymous
    May 25, 2007
    This is by far the worst Wii game I have ever played. The Wii Remote controls are completely too sensitive, bringing down the entire puzzle element. Thc Classic Controller scheme is much better suited to Bust-A-Move, so why you can only use it tin the party mode is anyone's guess. Bust-A-Move Bash! should sell a few copies... to Satan. It's the perfect game for the eternally damned.
  3. SamJ.
    Apr 20, 2007
    The graphics are disgusting, gameplay is horrible.
  4. KevinC.
    Apr 23, 2007
    I was expecting something on the order of Snood, but with multiplayer support. After buying and playing it, it is nowhere near as good. The multiplayer gameplay is completely inane. You get more points by just randomly shooting as fast as possible than by actually trying to aim or strategies. This game is pretty much a complete waste of money.
  5. ChristopherR.
    May 15, 2007
    Its so corny i expected more.
  6. DebL.
    Oct 15, 2007
    What a disappointment! You cannot save your high scores to beat later. The repitition of the music drives you nuts. Lastly, completion of level 500 only gives you pictures of the dragon characters and credit of the game creators - Ugh!
  7. LintS.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Never having tried Bust a Move I gave the "genre" a shot. I found the game to be fairly mundane and boring. Using the directional arrows to change color didn't feel natural. Unless you're a fan of the series, I don't suggest picking this one up. After about 15 minutes I've had my fill of Bust a Move for life.

1. Offering simultaneous play for eight players (four on nunchuks and four on remotes) with everyone playing on the same game screen, it's certainly a tempting idea. Unfortunately after five minutes with even just a couple of players, all the ball action becomes totally confused, empty and aimless.
  2. Controls that fluctuate between touchy and unresponsive, a short list of gameplay modes, and a poorly realized multiplayer all conspire to bring down the already well-tread puzzle action in Bust-A-Move Bash!.
  3. Also frustrating throughout are the special balls that fly around above you, waiting to be shot out of the sky and used to blow things up/get extra points. But actually all they do is get in your way and distract you from the actual game. We want to be angry, but all we can muster is indifference.