Call of Duty 3 Wii

6.8

1. JonyS.
    Jun 10, 2007
    The single player is amazing. Not too easy, controls work well, occasional fussiness but its usually cause your arm gets tired from aiming at the screen :p. The graphics are decent as well. The only thing that really disappointed me was the lack of multi player. But if you like single player fps' go for this. (or maybe Red Steel I haven't played that.)
  2. JimboH.
    Dec 26, 2006
    One thing a lot of critics got wrong was the aiming sensitivity. Its there, but because you aim the gun like you navigate menus on the Wii, the sensitivity is in the wii options. Once you realize this fact, and turn the sensitivity all the way down, suddenly aiming becomes a lot less nausiating and a lot more accurate. If you cannot hold the controller steady in the wii menus, go turn the One thing a lot of critics got wrong was the aiming sensitivity. Its there, but because you aim the gun like you navigate menus on the Wii, the sensitivity is in the wii options. Once you realize this fact, and turn the sensitivity all the way down, suddenly aiming becomes a lot less nausiating and a lot more accurate. If you cannot hold the controller steady in the wii menus, go turn the sensitivity down. The only real flaw is that the wii doesnt support lower sensitivities, but that can always get changed later by software updates. So far, the controls have become better as I play it, but it definately has a very unintuitive learning curve at the beginning. The part where you wrestle with a gun is also very shoddy and should of simply been removed. I did exactly what it said to do, and the game gave no feedback why it wasn't working. 20+ attempts later, I get it to work but I'm still not sure why. The best way to play this I've found without tiring your arm out is to sit indian-style (with cross legs) and to prop your arm against one of your legs, while propping your other arm against your other leg, allowing the nunchuk room to move. To be honest editor, though, you should remove the bottom two user reviews, as they obviously haven't spent more than 20 minutes actually playing this game. Actually, I have a feeling the bottom 4 official reviews only spent a few minutes actually playing the Wii version. Expand
  3. SteveW.
    Dec 5, 2006
    The first thing to mention when talking about a Wii game is the controls. For CoD3, they are good, but not great. Using the nunchuk to place the fuse and pull the pin on some TNT is annoying, but aiming your gun with the wiimote is almost flawless. Jerking the nunchuk up and down and side to side to reload and change weapons isnt always registered. I found the graphics adequate but too The first thing to mention when talking about a Wii game is the controls. For CoD3, they are good, but not great. Using the nunchuk to place the fuse and pull the pin on some TNT is annoying, but aiming your gun with the wiimote is almost flawless. Jerking the nunchuk up and down and side to side to reload and change weapons isnt always registered. I found the graphics adequate but too dark on the night levels, so much so that I would be walking into walls without knowing it. Overall, I would still recommend this game. Collapse
    Jun 2, 2007
    Pretty good gameplay and controls. Only problems are it can get tiring always having to hold the Wii remote straight or else the screen just spins around and gets you dizzy. Also, doesn't have a multiplayer mode which is what i bought the game for. I wanted to be able to play with my friends but I can't.
  5. SimonG.
    Sep 4, 2007
    I know a lot of people complained about Red Steel, but to me it is by far better than COD 3. Call of Duty has good shooting and camera controls, but bad vehicles and various other functions (like mines and grenades) controls. The graphic are alright, but where it really shines is with the particle, dust and smoke effects. The audio is also a blast. The reason why I don't recommend I know a lot of people complained about Red Steel, but to me it is by far better than COD 3. Call of Duty has good shooting and camera controls, but bad vehicles and various other functions (like mines and grenades) controls. The graphic are alright, but where it really shines is with the particle, dust and smoke effects. The audio is also a blast. The reason why I don't recommend this game, and this is common to entire COD series, is that there is no storyline. You are some random guy doing some random mission and switch guy and mission from time to time over and over. No global objective at all. Also, there isn't any reward or stats systems that let you know how good you perform. The biggest issue is the fact that there's no multiplayer online or any multiplayer at all. Knowing that Nintendo would unlock the online later, Activision should've wait before release it (same for Medal of Honor Vangard). Again, the controls are good in most parts, but the huge lack of dept just can't be ignored. If you want a good single player experience, try Red Steel. If for some inexplicable reasons you really need to play another World War II game for a zillion times, wait for Medal of Honor Heroes 2, it'll at least have online multiplayer. Expand
  6. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Enjoyable game. Since this was the first game of its type on the Wii, I can only imagine game of this type will get better and better as the life span goes on.
  7. Critic#1P
    Mar 19, 2008
    For the love of god, nobody talks about the most frustrating thing about this game. There is only ONE MAJOR flaw with this game that renders it unplayable. It has a gamebreaker bug that will make you want to smash the wiimote to the wall. Sometimes, especially when there is a lot of background action on the screen the controls stop responding. Suddenly your character on the screen aims For the love of god, nobody talks about the most frustrating thing about this game. There is only ONE MAJOR flaw with this game that renders it unplayable. It has a gamebreaker bug that will make you want to smash the wiimote to the wall. Sometimes, especially when there is a lot of background action on the screen the controls stop responding. Suddenly your character on the screen aims randomly by himself and the camera just turns round and round. This can happen for 1-3 minutes if you are patient enough to wait without doing anything or lucky not to get killed at the time. How on earth do they release games with bugs like this in year 2008? As far as the rest of the game is concerned, it didn't do anything to me. I find it indifferent. MOH HEROES 2 is a far superior and game and a lot more fun. Expand
  8. JonathanB.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Not as good as the ps1 games theres less 2 do you can't sneek around 2 surprise them. On the Frycry game theres paths but you don't have 2 use them.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Just the fact that this Call of Duty game wasn't made by Infinity Ward should tell that it won't be as good as some of the others. The graphics aren't that good. It is a fun game to waste time with but I wouldn't recommend playing it for a challenge or for fun. If you want a good Wii FPS go for Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3, or Red Steel.

#7 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#8 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

If you’re expecting anything more than a solid single player adventure and GCN/Xbox graphics, you may be disappointed. Still, Call of Duty 3’s control is definitely something to experience, and seems to be second only to "Metroid."
  2. A pretty good game, even if the time and place are a bit overdrawn.
  3. Call of Duty 3 is a great showcase for the Wii’s unique control scheme. While the Wii controls work with other games, of the games we’ve played so far, Call of Duty 3 is the one that most benefits from the motion sensing controls.