Call of Duty 3 Wii

6.7

1. BenH.
    Dec 9, 2006
    This game rocks. After playing for a while i got used to the controls and they are very well laid out i'd say about a 30 minutes - 2 hour learning curve for the aim, this will put alot of impatient people off this game as shown in some of the user ratings. When you twist the Wii-mote to the side your soldier will lean out from behind blocks, you can then use the aim button to look This game rocks. After playing for a while i got used to the controls and they are very well laid out i'd say about a 30 minutes - 2 hour learning curve for the aim, this will put alot of impatient people off this game as shown in some of the user ratings. When you twist the Wii-mote to the side your soldier will lean out from behind blocks, you can then use the aim button to look down the barrel and line up your head shots. This works very well for this game. Strafing is great it works very well also.. once you get the aim and the strafing down they work very well together and you can turn very quickly and accurately. The crouch controls are also very intuitive and when crouched you aim improves whether looking down the barrel of just shooting free-hand. You also Drive Jeeps, possibly tanks im not that far yet. You do this by holding your nunchuk and Wii-remote like a steering wheel and steering. It is very fun. Not only that there are many little scenarios where you have to use the Nintendo controllers motions to accomplish objectives.. this involves fights with other enemy soldiers to arming bombs so far. Anyway I just wanted to say if this game is made multiplayer i think it will be great.. i've never though FPS games could work on consoles properly compared to a mouse and keyboard but i think Nintendo have managed to make it just as fun .. if not more fun then most PC FPS. Alot of the critics gave Call of Duty 3 on Wii a much lower score the Xbox and PlayStation versions. I fail to understand this as the Wii control really proves a big point here and it makes the game so much more fun. I'd recommend buying this game if you want to play a FPS game on your Wii. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. An excellent game, made even more excellent through the combined use of the Wiimote and nunchuk. The gaming experience is realistic, so players who are partial to button-mashing and Rambo-ing their way through waves of hapless enemies will most likely not enjoy it. No leaping headshots and similar nonsense here.

The scenarios pit the player directly into the chaos of battle, from a mad scramble across open space exposed to enemy fire to gritty clashes in tight quarters where one often has to resort to hand-to-hand combat and a single hand grenade can decide the outcome of the fight. You will experience the terror of firing a single-shot rocket at an approaching enemy tank, use a mortar to destroy a barricade as enemies try to swarm your positions, engage in a tank battle in the ruins of a village and do many more cool things.

One of the best aspects of the game is the fact that different weapons... get ready for this... work differently. Each submachinegun aims and fires differently and has a different range, and same goes for the rifles. The aim and move controls are well designed and will react to your movements with the remote and 'chuk. If it feels weird, a) spend some time learning how to use them, and/or b) adjust the sensitivity settings until they are satisfactory. A lot of effort was put into the controls you can even grab a live grenade and toss it back at the enemy if you're quick and coordinated enough. Use the arrow pad to switch your weapon and throw the grenades, as the nunchuk control is iffy at best. Use minus to reload, and if using a submachine, reload often.

Using the arrow pad to throw grenades does not interfere with your aim, since you can't shoot and throw grenades at the same time and the field of vision moves with the direction in which the grenade is being thrown. Again, this will irk fans of the "run and gun" style of play, I for one felt like it contributes to the experience.

Also when your character is standing around and listening to others, you still need to point the Wiimote in the direction of the speaker (like you would when talking to somebody). Some reviewers seem to have missed this. The head does not bob around for no reason it bobs around because that's how you're moving the remote (and can be very frustrating until you learn to control it).

Slight minuses the car (jeep) controls are a bit touchy. It was literally harder learning to drive the jeep that I remember it being to drive a real car. Also instructions have a maddening tendency to pop up on the screen as you're trying to do things a better solution would be to have a Help option inside the game that you could resort to as needed (maybe there is one, but I didn't find it). Graphics sometimes you get stuck in corners and rooms without seeing a clear way out, but this is rare and you can orient yourself in a minute at most when it does happen. So my score would really be 9.75, but whatever.

Oh, and expect to die. A lot, and often. Certain parts will stump you longer than others (for me it was the third episode, after that the rest was a breeze), but that will only make overcoming them so much more rewarding.
  3. MikeL.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Amazing game, so great and real sometimes you don't know if your playing or your really in the game. This game really used the Wii's abilities to their best!
  4. AnonymousMC
    Oct 25, 2007
    The game is great, controls are amazing driving is the best in this game. Movement is also very well done. The game maintains a challenge while not being impossible. The story is too short on easy and too long on hard (same corner like 100 times over) Normal is the way to go but the game has no replay value. I 100% recommend you try the game
  5. JamesT.
    Jan 31, 2007
    The game is amazing, it works with the Wii's unique control system. The gameplay is so realistic sometimes you can loose yourself inside the game. The only bad thing about it is how easy it is! You heal if you stay in a area, and you heal fast.
  6. AngeloF.
    Feb 5, 2007
    Great game, makes good use of the Wii's graphics card and abilities, would be nice if there was multiplayer though.
  7. Raya
    Dec 30, 2006
    It's the same old Call of Duty but the Wiimote makes the difference. At first I was disapointed. It was difficult to move with ease till I put the vertical and horizontal speeds to max. Then it began to rock! I suddenly turned into Rambo and was running straight at the enemy and just ploughing through them. It's like mouse and keyboard but much more fun. The special moves like It's the same old Call of Duty but the Wiimote makes the difference. At first I was disapointed. It was difficult to move with ease till I put the vertical and horizontal speeds to max. Then it began to rock! I suddenly turned into Rambo and was running straight at the enemy and just ploughing through them. It's like mouse and keyboard but much more fun. The special moves like pushing the german soldiers is just not explained well enough. It took about 10 attempts before I realized what I was supposed to do. It works well though. Reloading and switching weapons works fine but you have to be careful eg if you snap the nunchuk to the right you change weapon but if you do it diagonally - snap left and move back/forward (easy to do in combat) it won't register. Mixed reviews but the control is definately spot on once you find the settings that suit you. Some reviews like the Eurogamer complain about walking drunkenly - it's obviious that reviewers like these don't know what a manual is. Pity there's no online multiplayer. What would be good is cross platform multiplay. All those 360 and ps3 players wouldn't stand a chance against the wiimote. Expand
  8. BrianS.
    Jan 12, 2007
    It's good, the controls take a little getting used too.. other than that tho, a good time
  9. CraigM.
    Mar 2, 2007
    I at first thought that the controls would be somewhat clunky but it works excellent on the Wii. It is easier than the 360 version. It is a great example about how well first person shooters can be with these controls but there is one major problem....it has no multiplayer made at all!
  10. PabloF.
    May 7, 2007
    Very good game. It have an exelent game control, and you feel like you are in the war. BUT, it has no online, AND, they could made one for PC, but they didn't xD
  11. MikeG.
    Dec 2, 2006
    I am addicted to this game can't stop playing graphics are good when the bombs start falling its does get very dizzying.
  12. BenihanaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    This was my first game for the Wii, other than Wii Sports. My wife bought it for me since I am such a huge Socom fan. No mulitplayer is a little dissapointing. I still like it nun the less...fun to shoot, drive, hand to hand combat, difuse bombs and do everything else you might have to do in a World War... May not be the best shooter, but a nice lengthy single player game.
  13. Spikey
    Jan 13, 2009
    I put off getting this game for the longest time, because most reviews had slammed the controls, and I'll amit, when I first turned it one, I was more than a little worried, but give it a chance. within an hour, pretty much every initial problem, had ceased to be one. Yeah, Sometime it's hard to tell exactly what the indicators are telling you to do with the remotes, but onceI put off getting this game for the longest time, because most reviews had slammed the controls, and I'll amit, when I first turned it one, I was more than a little worried, but give it a chance. within an hour, pretty much every initial problem, had ceased to be one. Yeah, Sometime it's hard to tell exactly what the indicators are telling you to do with the remotes, but once you've figured it out, it's a damn good game. I loved the previous versions on the PS2, and I'm really glad I didn't let the magazines opinions continute to keep me from playing it. Is it perfect? nope. is it worth the $20?...absolutely.
    Just be willing to give yourself an hour or so to get to grips with the controls.
  14. LuisG.
    Nov 29, 2006
    I've played red steel and cod3. I Must say that I hope to see games that have cod3 control mechanics than those compred to red steel. The wiimote is almost too accurate! Very cool.
  15. DavidB.
    Dec 18, 2006
    Yes, no multiplayer was a mistake (or rather a choice to rush this out for launch), but I can't believe the critics and users that are complaining about the controls - it took me maybe 20 mins to get used to it and a bit of sensitivity tweaking in the options screen, but when I got it, I REALLY GOT IT... The wiimote aiming on this game shows that the Wii is the way forward for 1st Yes, no multiplayer was a mistake (or rather a choice to rush this out for launch), but I can't believe the critics and users that are complaining about the controls - it took me maybe 20 mins to get used to it and a bit of sensitivity tweaking in the options screen, but when I got it, I REALLY GOT IT... The wiimote aiming on this game shows that the Wii is the way forward for 1st person shooters. I'm from a PC background for gaming, and this is just as accurate as a mouse but much more fun! Personally I hate using standard control pad controls for 1st person shooters, its just unnatural and not fast or precise enough, so I've avoided console versions, but after this I'll always be using a Wii to satisfy my bloodlust! Plus this is such an intense game, I love it - without multiplayer though it might end up gathering dust after I've finished it (which I've almost done already unfortunately). Expand
  16. HiddeB.
    Feb 25, 2007
    When I started playin CoD3, I immediately saw that CoD3 is an incredibly good game. It makes perfect use of the functions of the Wii. When you plant a charge, for example, You need to twist the Wiimote to put the ignitor in the bombs. But it is a shame that the CoD3 doesn't have any Multiplayer functions.
  17. JakeH.
    Jul 27, 2007
    Call of Duty 3 is a great game. It's not too hard, not too easy, not too long and not too short. It also has alright controls too. Unlike Medal of Honor: Vanguard, the nunchuck doesn't have too many movements. The graphics aren't stunning, but that doesn't matter if you can see the stitching on Sgt. McCullin's uniform. The game is still good.
  18. Aug 26, 2013

#6 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#7 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

If you’re expecting anything more than a solid single player adventure and GCN/Xbox graphics, you may be disappointed. Still, Call of Duty 3’s control is definitely something to experience, and seems to be second only to "Metroid."
  2. A pretty good game, even if the time and place are a bit overdrawn.
  3. Call of Duty 3 is a great showcase for the Wii’s unique control scheme. While the Wii controls work with other games, of the games we’ve played so far, Call of Duty 3 is the one that most benefits from the motion sensing controls.