5.7

1. Sep 10, 2014
    It s **** You can't even break a window. It has a huge problem with the invites & the story mode sucks. It only has ONE zombies map. BUT the maps & the weapons are great &this is the only good thing about that game. If you are unlucky like me to own a wii go buy a gaming pc & black ops II
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    Its alright since this is the only Call of Duty game i'll get, everything just seems to be ok but the multiplayer brings the game up from a 5 to a 6..
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    The graphics of the wii version are not that good. The sound is about the same at least. But the game suffers from some polish issues. Alot of that might have been negative, but it gets much better on the gameplay side. The mission structure and level design are excellent, the controls are excellent, the gunplay is satisfying, and the AI is good. The game has tons of content. The onlyThe graphics of the wii version are not that good. The sound is about the same at least. But the game suffers from some polish issues. Alot of that might have been negative, but it gets much better on the gameplay side. The mission structure and level design are excellent, the controls are excellent, the gunplay is satisfying, and the AI is good. The game has tons of content. The only things missing are killcams, camera spikes, theatre, five, dead ops, and a couple killstreaks. This is understandable since the wii has less memory, and there is plans for DLC. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2012
    I love shooting games, but not like this one, it lacks controls like XBOX 360, PS3, Wii. This game is good, but not very great... it needs to be like other shooting games like 007, perfect dark, e.t.c... this isn't my favorite type of gaming.
  5. Jun 13, 2012
    decent game decent graphics pretty good game.........its not as bad as you would think it would be........story mode is ok not as great though as the online or zombies......its sad though how this game is only playable by one person.........
  6. Jan 29, 2012
    The game itself is amazing! Campaign is awesome, Zombies is the best of all, and last but not least is Mutiplayer is the mane event! The game is the best and you should buy it :)
  7. Nov 28, 2011
    So far this is easily the best shooter on the wii, especially if you are into on line game play. Zombie mode is limited, but still really fun. If you are saddled with a wii, I recommend this game. Often I regret buying we games instead of renting them. Not this one.
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    I thought the Wii was a well appreciated attempt on Treyarch's side. They tried to make the Wii version standout, and it worked. The campaign is nearly identical to that on the other platforms with the exception of 2 scenes cut short. They didn't cut out anything more from the campaign. The campaign's story was good, interesting and different from past Call of Duty games. Overall, theI thought the Wii was a well appreciated attempt on Treyarch's side. They tried to make the Wii version standout, and it worked. The campaign is nearly identical to that on the other platforms with the exception of 2 scenes cut short. They didn't cut out anything more from the campaign. The campaign's story was good, interesting and different from past Call of Duty games. Overall, the campaign was enjoyable and refreshing. The controls are the same as in Modern Warfare: Reflex, and offer the player to chance the controls based on their own personal preferences. Like all FPS games on Wii, customizable controls should be there, and like The Conduit, Black Ops Wii does it right.

Unfortunately, the multiplayer was not quite up to expectations. The multiplayer options were good in numbers and modes were all there except for ground war (9vs9), and the two additional playlists added in long after the game was released. Nearly all guns, equipment and kill streaks were included on the Wii version. Some were taken out due to RAM limitations, while others were not included due to causing lag issues. Balancing of the weapons was VERY off, and there were many issues (glitches) in the multiplayer that really made it a pain just to admit you were having fun. The multiplayer still shun at times and was enjoyable, but the cons of the multiplayer, after spending enough time playing it, can become obvious and belittles the experience.

If there was a decimal system in place, i would put it as a 6.8. Since there isn't, i give this game a 7. In closing, it can be worth your time if you don't mind the glitches, can fend off against try hards, and like a interesting and conspiracy like story.
  9. Nov 19, 2011
    Perhaps this wasn't the best game with which to start playing this series, or perhaps it was. I cannot speak on what others say about Call of Duty: Black Ops being regurgitated material. I can, however, assure you it is a horrifically-paced, shoddy shooter that rewards hyperactive speed over any sort of tactical gameplay. The campaign is laughably bad and manages to raise some seriousPerhaps this wasn't the best game with which to start playing this series, or perhaps it was. I cannot speak on what others say about Call of Duty: Black Ops being regurgitated material. I can, however, assure you it is a horrifically-paced, shoddy shooter that rewards hyperactive speed over any sort of tactical gameplay. The campaign is laughably bad and manages to raise some serious questions as to why we are treating the protagonists as heroes, and the multiplayer is a stark affair based solely on random bursts of gun play and, confusingly, crossbows. Perhaps worst of all is the unrelenting serious tone; the way the game treats everything that it contains as an absolutely relevant and important event. A definite miss. Expand
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    Nevermind the graphics, for me this is not the issue, the issue is the extremely average campaign, with terrible AI. Some levels are fun to play, while others are extremely poor. I recentley got done playing Vanquish, and let me tell you that game out classes this by a mile.
  11. Aug 31, 2011
    Stripped off most Zombie maps, sub-HD graphics, split-screen and Theatre mode, Call of Duty Black Ops continues to fight the good fight and earn money while doing it. Does it succeed? Kind of, because while it is immensely fun it feels like its rushed and lacking a certain thing. For some reason, you are given the option to choose maps in the Zombies mode when theres only one map! A goodStripped off most Zombie maps, sub-HD graphics, split-screen and Theatre mode, Call of Duty Black Ops continues to fight the good fight and earn money while doing it. Does it succeed? Kind of, because while it is immensely fun it feels like its rushed and lacking a certain thing. For some reason, you are given the option to choose maps in the Zombies mode when theres only one map! A good game without many of the key features that it deserved, Call of Duty Black Ops for the Wii is a good game to buy... if you're not interested in one of its funnest features, Zombies. Expand
  12. Jul 12, 2011
    I didn't really enjoy this game as much as I might if I was playing the PS3 version. While the graphics are pretty good for Wii standards, they're nothing compared to the HD console versions. The campaign mode is alright. It gets a bit boring after a couple of the missions, in my opinion. One main drawback of this game is that there is no local multiplayer. At all. And there is only oneI didn't really enjoy this game as much as I might if I was playing the PS3 version. While the graphics are pretty good for Wii standards, they're nothing compared to the HD console versions. The campaign mode is alright. It gets a bit boring after a couple of the missions, in my opinion. One main drawback of this game is that there is no local multiplayer. At all. And there is only one Zombie map, and no more are available to download, yet at least. The online muitiplayer is alright but, since the Wii doesn't have Xbox LIVE or PSN, it can be hard to play matches against your friends. You'll need to add each others friend codes, which could take a while. Overall, a pretty average FPS. Stick to the HD versions. Expand
  13. May 21, 2011
    Call of Duty: Black Ops is an amazing game. Yes, the PS3 and 360 versions are better, but this version is good as well. Of course the Wii can't fully compete with PS3 and 360, but this gets pretty close. It's the same game as on the PS3 and 360, and is done beautifully considering it is the Wii console. If you want to know what that means, look at the other user reviews.
  14. Mar 15, 2011
    Despite what you may have read on Metacritic CoD:BO is an inferior port for the Wii. First, the game loses several points for playing to the Wii's strength less than being hindered by it's weaknesses compared to the other releases. Second, CoD has always been over-hyped and the franchise is getting old faster than Activision can pump out game after game after game after game... Third, thisDespite what you may have read on Metacritic CoD:BO is an inferior port for the Wii. First, the game loses several points for playing to the Wii's strength less than being hindered by it's weaknesses compared to the other releases. Second, CoD has always been over-hyped and the franchise is getting old faster than Activision can pump out game after game after game after game... Third, this game was released about the same time as a vastly superior Wii FPS, Goldeneye. In conclusion, if you are a CoD fanboy you should probably go buy a 360/PS3 and if you are a Wii owning fan of fps then you should probably go buy Goldeneye. Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2011
    This game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care forThis game is fricken amazing! Halo what? Metal Gear what? Call of Duty Black Ops is the greatest game ever made. The single player campaign is simply spectacular, so much so that many times I was playing I forgot that I was playing a game and thought that I was watching a Hollywood blockbuster! Every character is expressive and convincing. By the time the game is done, you will care for all of them. Reznov is the epiphany of the word badass! The multiplayer is incredibly simple, but rewardingly difficult to master. It'll suck you in and you'll get thousands of hours out of this game. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2010
    Black Ops on the Wii is definitely a complete package. If you were expecting it to be a poorly ported game with only half the features of the HD versions, then you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that it has more features than any other Wii FPS game. People who criticize the game in that respect are people who are not objectively reviewing the game in the context of the Wii. This is aBlack Ops on the Wii is definitely a complete package. If you were expecting it to be a poorly ported game with only half the features of the HD versions, then you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that it has more features than any other Wii FPS game. People who criticize the game in that respect are people who are not objectively reviewing the game in the context of the Wii. This is a great game that offers the same great multiplayer of the HD versions, but with better control options that are as precise as that of a PC KB/Mouse combo.

Multiplater has it all. There are a ton of character customization options with perk upgrades, tons of weapon attachments, soldier uniforms, tactical equipment, etc. There is a ton here to keep you playing.

So how does it play? It plays amazing and it is CoD at heart. If you enjoy CoD games, you'll love this. In the end it is just as addicting as any other CoD game. I keep telling myself "just one more match" late at night. Treyarch just released a patch to the game that fixes most of the connectivity issues that myself and many others have been having. They were frustrating when trying to play a game and you'd find yourself spending more time trying to connect than playing. Now that they're fixed, I am not reducing the score I gave it because it that many others have. It plays great now.

The only thing that disappoints me a little are the graphics. I used to play MW Reflex a lot and it just seems like the graphics are a step down from that. MW Reflex had more detailed textures that seemed grittier. This game seems to have a much more flat look to everything. Don't get me wrong, the game still looks great. But, when you receive huge frame rate drops when hosting a game in multiplayer because of how hard they are pushing the Wii, it just seems odd that I never had that in MW Reflex and yet it seems like those graphics were better.

All in all it is a great game that I will be playing a lot of.
  17. Nov 12, 2010
    Call of duty black will have your heart pumping like it never pumped before The single player is fantastic. Awesome game! This is an amazing upgrade from call of duty mw2 and call of duty back. Everything in the game is just so balanced. To me this is the best call of duty ever.
  18. Nov 11, 2010
    Ignore the trolls here, COD BlOps is unashamedly Call Of Duty so if you don't like the series you won't like this and it's dumb spamming the reviews.... For the game itself it's at least as good as the Modern Warfares with extras such as the Wager Matches and COD Points system pipping the MP ahead IMO. Zombies and Dead Ops are much more enjoyable than MW2's Spec Ops as well
  19. Nov 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers. I Give this game a solid 9 out of 10 for several reasons. This game is a huge! step up from Reflex. I love the fact that you can buy your accessories for your guns instead of waiting to unlock them, Also you can change your perks this same way. The headbanger mic for the wii works amazingly, although I wish more people owned it, come on folks its worth the money! Online mode is pretty sweet you can pick your kill streak rewards, after three kills you can get a RC car that explodes thats pretty awesome! Their is a ton more stuff to choose from than Reflex. So for wii owners I say COD: Black ops is a must have. The game features online, and offline zombies mode this is real fun, although a little hard to do team work when not everyone has a mic. The only bad thing I have encountered is a few freezing problems when i was trying to connect to wifi, idk if thats the game or the servers, but i bet the problem will be resolved. I havent even touched story mode yet so I cant tell you about that. Hope this review was helpful! Collapse
  20. Nov 10, 2010

Some hardware limitations and online issues keep it from being the ideal experience many fans crave, but the plethora of control methods along with the enjoyable gameplay and captivating story make it a game that people must try at least once.
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    Few games offer value for money like this. [Christmas 2010, p.50]
  3. Jan 24, 2011
    Even with some mistakes, it's clear that Treyarch is no longer a supporting role in Call of Duty.