1.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 424 Ratings

1. Nov 9, 2011
    The 2011 COD game is almost identical to the games that came before it, yet millions of casual gamers still run to the midnight release to pick up a copy. Unfortunately one of my friends was one of them and I got the chance to play the most overrated game of the year. As always the single player is a little shorter than the last one, taking me and my friend around 5 hours to complete. The multiplayer is still the same old solo run and gun fest, but this time on rushed and chaotic maps. Not much else to say really, but if you own any Call of Duty game that came out in the last 4 years, you already have this game. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Disappointing on all fronts. It's a reskin of a 2 year old game with a multiplayer map pack and different singleplayer that's riddled with stupidity and cliches in bulk while still being insanely short

I don't understand how Activision gets away with doing this to people. I understand it's fun to some gamers and they like the series and that's fine, but just throwing money at something
    because it's fun is selfish and they need to tell Activision with their wallets they're tired of getting ripped off every year. Expand
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    Tired game , Tired engine, Same crap gets put out every single year for four years and people flock to toss their cash away, sad really sad. I have played it it IS THE SAME AS MW2. why would you buy it again ?? Activision is laughing all the way to the bank! This is pathetic and should have been released as an expansion pack nothing more!
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for their customers. This hasn`t bitten them yet, seeing as a lot of COD-players are very, very young. Too young to stand up and say "I will no longer let myself be milked dry like a cow. I will no longer let this company ruin gaming by repackaging the same game over and over again, therefore being a bad example for the rest". And even when the fans are a bit older, they still have ridiculously low standards, considering they like replaying the same broken game, over and over, paying 60 Dollars every year.

Because of this greediness and laziness, COD MW3 deserves a 0, but I`ll give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games 1 point for the effort.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    All the bad reviews are copied from other systems, lame! OMG! Luv it, this game has so much fun everywhere. Spec Ops, MP, Sp, wow! Had a great time with this recommend it to anyone who likes FPS.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is LEGIT. The singleplayer is the best thing I've put into my eyeballs. I put this game in the Wii and was like WOAH there's science in this s***. Everything in SP is implemented from the 360 version (unlike black ops where stuff was cut.) The multiplayer is incredible however you pretty much need a classic controller but its the best MP game on wii so far. All you haters can hate but s*** is LIVE with this game. I mean a freaking heist went down over this man. Bottom line, everyone bought this game, and you should too. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is even more pathetic on Wii which is mainly due to the hardware but it is the same tried and tested copy and paste P.O.S

No matter what format you purchase you will have that de ja vu feeling then you'll blink and see the credits rolling.

RENTAL
  8. Mar 2, 2012
    CoD still has a problem: Each game is too similar. There are simply not enough improvements to call this a new game and it suffers because of it. The series needs a reboot with a more unique and original idea instead of the same thing over and over.
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    Dude this is the best! I brought this game home and immediately started enjoying every part of it.

The single player is fun, the spec-ops is really fun, and the multiplayer is too fun. I can't even play it.

Best! Game! Evarrrr!! yay look at me I'm on metacritic, brah!

MW3 Wii = best wii game.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't believe what everybody else says. The wii version was ported. The graghics are the work of treyarch. not infinityward. We need to all grow up and learn that mw3 is actually a good game
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    IDIOTS NEED TO STOP COPYING AND PASTING THEIR TRASH REVIEWS FROM OTHER SYSTEMS. This is insane. Id love to bash whoever doing this in the face. Grow the **** up. Metacritic needs to pull the copy and pasted fanboy reviews!
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the best at SP, MP, Spec-Ops simply everything. The game may be close to MW2 at graphics but its the best game ever. Best-in-class multiplayer is now more balanced than ever. Also you shouldn't worry about empty servers because it is best selling game ever. It deserves 10.
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the best at SP, MP, Spec-Ops simply everything. The game may be close to BO at graphics but its the best game ever. Best-in-class multiplayer is now more balanced than ever. It deserves 10.
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    Appalled by review scores. Battlefield gets ripped on the fact that they added a singleplayer mode to what is essentially a multiplayer only game, just as an addition to add value to the game, yet Activision gets away with this crap every year. It's all about the money, and they're making a lot of it.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user reviews are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Este juego ni ha salido y ya le ponen criticas negativas??
    EA estuvo aqui

Y estan envidiosos de la audiencia que conlleva Call of duty : Modern Warfare 3
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    I was originally waiting until Christmas to play this and but was given it as an early present and I must say it is easily the best of the series... unlike its predecessor, the multiplayer is now finely balanced and the stupid fun of the solo campaign has been taken to new heights and in a game fun should always be taken into consideration unlike certain other po-faced FPS 'battles'. To top it off is the vastly improved Spec Ops co-op that is now fine-tuned to be an equally enjoyable solo experience to the campaign with Survival discovering how to balance solo and co-op where Zombies et al could not.
    People may argue that the game runs on an old engine but briefly ignoring the fact that this is a very nice-looking game: since when have engines been the be-all and end-all of a game's success... Ocarina of Time 3D is still one of the best games of the year despite running on an engine from a decade ago so that cant be a detrimental factor to MW3.....
    The highlight of the series and the most fun I've had with an FPS since Portal 2 (and there have been many in between you'll all note) :)
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible. Need I say more? This is a 59.99 map pack for MW2 with some bonus campaign content, an over hyped online add on, and garbage multiplayer maps.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    A very solid entry to the franchise with without a doubt the best multiplayer of the three. While many might complain that it is a remake or DLC this is not the case. Yes is has many of the same aspects but many have been redefined or re-imagined to add a new element to the game. Overall an excellent edition to the franchise.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    10 it is!

great game. These little kids have nothing better to do. come on! 1.5 for this game? Not even E.T. from atari got a score lie this I bet!

Grow up bf3 fan boys!
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Shield. Enough said. Plus more options this time around to be a team player. A very high risk, high reward multiplayer game which can be frustrating at times, but I love it.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game
    really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that CoD can be even worse, The Wii version is absolutely terrible, garbage graphics and controls
    It's just and old game with a new skins anyway, use some common sense people..
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a real review of the Wii version of MW 3. No copy / paste hate review. This is the best online shooter you can get for the Wii. Graphics look a bit better then Black Ops (BO). The online play feels faster and seems more fluid then BO. At the moment the hit models seems a bit off compared to BO but I'm sure we will get updates like we got with BO. We also have the special ops survival mode for the first time on the Wii.

I will update the review after I have played it longer. I just wanted to let the CoD with Wii mote fans to have some real info.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money, and would like to own a steaming pile of **** inside of a small DVD case, then this game is for you! This is a horrible game designed for brainless kids. I guess that's awesome if your target audience will shell out $60 a year for the same game.
  26. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is good, it stands up well to the other version while adding motion controls. Highly recomended, get this game if u have a wii and want a shooter.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is absolutely wonderful. Instantly my favorite COD on the Wii! This game has an exciting campaign, a fast paced multiplayer, and a strategic Spec Ops mode. The Campaign is AMAZING! The game runs at a good frame rate that's fully playable all the way through. The story line is engaging and exciting, even if you haven't played the previous Modern Warfare's. I played the first Modern Warfare only, and I found it amazing that I saw what Soap looked like. Also, Price is awesome. His model in MW1 pales in comparison to his model in MW3. The campaign has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Wii.

The Multiplayer is also JUST as amazing. Even though I've experienced some lag sometimes, the pros far outweigh the cons. It has a wide array of guns, skins, and a customizable tag. It makes your name look professional, even though it dissapears pretty quickly when you respawn. Just like the campaign, the graphics are absolutely spectacular, and are what I think ALL Wii fans will be impressed with. The gameplay is very fast paced, and even though the hit detection isn't perfect, you are still VERY able to kill efficiently. I actually quick scoped a few people. The commentator voices are nice too. And I think the Riot Shield is a BLAST to use.

Spec Ops mode... It ought to be called SPECTACULAR Ops, because its probably one of the most fun modes in a Call of Duty game I've ever played. In this mode, you(and/or an online friend) have to fight a variety of randomly placed computer players. You earn money from them, that you can use to purchase weapons from armories. (Ex. Go to Explosive Armory for Grenades, Go to gun armory for guns and attachments). I've experienced some lag with this mode, but its doesn't make the game unplayable. This mode requires a lot of strategy, and would probably be best played with a Microphone. Its team oriented because you have to support and revive your teammate, you can even share money with them. This mode is just as good as zombies from Black Ops.

In conclusion, this game is a game that every Wii fan SHOULD buy if they want a great FPS experience.

9.7/10

I cant give it a 9.7 through the site, so i'm rounding it up to a 10.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and firing ingame. Then, they try to sweeten us up with their "Elite" service, but only to find out it will cost you ANOTHER $50. Come on Sledgehammer, can we get a reach around when you're giving us the hammer??? I would say avoid this one... But we all bought it sight unseen already.... Oh well. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    For anyone that is stuck with the Wii for the time being or if you want to use the Wiimote to aim, this is the best FPS for the Wii by far. The story closes good (though if you never played MW2, you will be confused) and the multi-player is solid. It's a lot more deeper than Black Ops and the graphics (for any other Wii owner that bought Black Ops) are a step up. Still not as pretty as the others but they pass. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    Why drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It is also sad that they are going to charge you an extra charge for their Elite service when the rankings are already skewed due to aimbots. If I am going to spend $60 on this game I want support that will fix these issues and punish those that it finds cheating. They really dropped the ball on this franchise with this rushed, buggy, hacked piece of junk. Expand
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    Every Call of Duty since CoD4 has tried so hard to out-do its predecessor to the point where its made me look upon some of the greatest FPS games ever made, and think they are obselete. It has made me look at games in new ways, and think, "what is this game doing new, and if its not doing anything new, why play it?"

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like
    Counter Strike, CoD 4, and Halo 3, and now I dont even want to think about them. Expand
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    Given the hardware restrictions for this version of a already dying game, there is really nothing positive I can say at all, not that I had anything positive to say about the re-run re-skinned cash cow anyways.
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is my first owned Call of Duty game(because I don't own a PS3 or 360).
    I think it is amazing. I am sad that the Wii version is missing split screen mode, as I was looking forward to that, but my multiplayer online experience has been awesome. The graphics are surprisingly good for a Wii game, and the gameplay matches it beautifully. My only complaint is the current glitch which
    causes some people to get corrupted save files. Expand
  34. Jan 5, 2012
    MW3 for the Wii is actually a great game to play and have fun at the same time... Campaign is awesome Spec Ops is OK and Mutiplayer is one of the best Which should last you a long period of time. If i were you i will get the game.
  35. Dec 25, 2011
    The game is awesome. There's nothing wrong with the game. Just a little bad graphic, that's all. I don't know why you guys are arguing. My dad wouldn't let me buy a xbox360 because he said they're so expensive. I'm really cool with having Modern Warfare 3 for Wii.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Horrible the worst game ever

Horrible, terrible, worst, sick, bad

Acitivision is sick, COD died in COD4

this game is a very bad copy and past of COD4
  37. Nov 20, 2011
    Hello, this review is for Luke Reilly of IGN AU. I want him to know that he is a turd of a human being, and the world would be better served if he spent his time behind a cash register instead of wasting everyone's time with garbage editorials. Oh yeah, this is getting a 0 because it's the worst game ever, even worse than Superman 64.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Two step down from Black Ops in every conceivable way. Graphics are psp-level at best, all guns sound like staplers, framerate drops everywhere, lag shooting. Shot guns are useless now. Want to shoot someone? They had better be standing still or you won't hit them. Want to shoot while turning? Too bad, you can't do that in MW3.
  39. Nov 22, 2011
    If you wanted to buy a shooter, why would you want it on the Wii? This is no different than the other CoD ports to the Wii, this is poor at best, an abomination at worst.
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    After paying $60 on this game I went home and put it in my PS3. After a couple hours of gameplay I realized I had been ripped off! I looked in my DVD rack and grabbed a CoD game I bought 2 years ago, it looked the same but had a 2 on it instead of a 3. I then realized it is the same exact game, with a few minor tweaks. Biggest waste of money ever. Yet, there are still trolls on the internet like Destructoid's own Jimmyx Sterling getting paid big bucks to give it high review scores. Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2011
    Treyarch fails to deliver another game using the dated IW 3.0 pack, it makes you want to jump on doritios all over your nude girlfriend and play the game whilst she licks your eyes and neck, not stopping to try and please you.
  42. Nov 9, 2011
    I have played all previous Moder warfare titles including black ops and world at war (in between cod4 and modern warfare 2). I knew from that start the multiplayer looked the same but to my surprise they changed almost nothing. Even the sound effects are the same! are you kidding me!? Still running the quake III engine from 1999! All the texture models are the same expect shiner. However i dident fret i figured the campian is always epic right! NO! They basically held my hand down a straight path and then spoon fed me explosions. Sadly disappointed. If your a fan id wait for the bargain bin Expand
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    From a Battlefield 3 Fan Perspective this game is very good, it's not a DLC of MW2 the MP has improved over with the spec ops giving the shine it is just as good as zombies and the unlocks will keep you going on for a while and Prestige and 80 levels will definitely be alot of time too., COD Elite is just as good as Battlelog everything is good (MP is a dead heat) and Campaign is a bit cliche but slightly better than BF3s I will see you guys on the BATTLEFIELD and the MODERN WARFARE, THIS GAME IS **** AMAZING! Peace out Fans and trolls :P Expand
  44. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously? as soon as you have boring battlefield? Have you already bored of BF3 to the point where you have nothing better to do right?,

Fanboys trolling everywhere :S
  45. Nov 12, 2011
    Just a blatant copy paste of their previous release, just like activision loves to do. It gets boring very fast, I've never really understood the hype about this game, I rented it and just found out like many other that it wasn't good at all. I don't even see any improvments from the past games, nothing out of the ordinary and mostly nothing that looked like something original and new. Everything is just the same, they just make these games for money seriously... Expand
  46. Nov 22, 2011
    okay, i'm just gonna say, this is a terrible game. not because of the stupid reason that it's "a repackaged mw2". although it kinda is, it's also just not fun at all. online got boring after 1 hour, campaign wasnt very enjoyable, and the only high point of the game is spec ops. the survival mode is somewhat fun which is why i'm giving it a 1. do NOT buy this game, a waste of money
  47. Nov 26, 2011
    this game is as boring as it is in ps3 and xbox the campaing is short and repetitive as always in the cod series....... but once said that i think its a good game the controls work very well as always on wiis fps, the IGN review is **** and graphics are nice, top ps2..........so its a good game...... stop hating morons and try to be honest and responsible, this game is as bad as in other platforms no more no less..................my rating would be 6.5 but i give a 10 to compensate stupid trolls...... fawk you !!!! Expand
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    If you like shooters, you will like this game. It has great graphics, for the Wii, and runs fast. The campaign is typical for a COD game.(good but not great) You can still use your mic too. The multiplayer maps in this game are huge. (Bigger than Black OPS) Once you unlock hardcore in multiplayer, thats where the game shines. I think most the reviews are bad because people hate Activision, or any game thats popular.
    In the end there's nothing innovative but its still a solid and fun game.
  49. Nov 9, 2011
    This game blows. Worst game ever released on the wii system. Save your money and get The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword instead, or anyother awesome game by Nintendo for that matter.
  50. Nov 9, 2011
    @BUCKCITY
    All the bad reviews may have been copied from other systems but you can expect the game to be better on those systems (this game was not made with the Wii in mind). Therefore, the reviewers are being generous most of the time as the Wii version should be getting a lower score than the other versions.
  51. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is not worth a single penny. Why do people buy this crap every single year? Wake up people, Activision is ripping you off. They say they work two years on this "masterpiece", but isn't it very clear they don't spend more than 6 months?

This is just another generic first person shooter. There already way too many of them, and these guys are not helping. This game is not worth
    your time or money. Buy Call of Duty 4 for 10 bucks instead, it's the same thing. Oh, and be sure to buy it used - Activision don't deserve your precious money. Expand
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    I'd be saying to much if I were to say this game is MW2.5 It's more Like MW2: The Lost DLC Edition Because it's basically the same game! I can't believe I was tricked into buying $60 DLC. The mulitiplayer maps are the worst in the series, The singleplayer is way to short, and the graphics, same dull texters Instead of getting Skyrim, I wasted my hard earned cash on this pathetic excuse for a game
    Never in my life have I felt like such a dumbass
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Can't believe I wasted $50 on another copy of Modern Warfare 2. SPOILER: It is exactly the same formula as has been seen in the last two games, and if anything isn't as good as them, as i thoroughly enjoyed those games, and this one is just pathetic. Expand
  54. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is absolute garbage. The campaign just felt absolutely forced and was completely forgettable by the end of it. Spec Ops is trash because zombies in WaW and Black Ops was just so much better. Not to mention you were able to play it with upto 3 other people that you know! Where's the fun in fighting endless enemies with only one other person? There is no fun in that. On to multiplayer... the maps are the worst I have ever seen. The graphics are extremely dated, Battlefield 3 just completely slaughters this game. The textures are also horrendous! Everything about this game is re-used from Modern Warfare 2. This game doesn't feel fresh at all. All of the guns and skins are re-used... the menus as well... even some of the buildings and vehicles. The sounds of the guns are still bad, and some are the same as MW2. Battlefield 3 is just so much better. Sorry if the truth hurts. This game is just a bad DLC to a game that came out two years ago. Save your money! Expand
  55. Nov 10, 2011
    The history was short and sweet, nobody expected nothing better from the story. The multiplayer is where this game shines, well nope, it feels like a MW2 mappack
  56. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is a rehash and its pretty much solidifying the fact that gaming is dying. Every year expect more and more of these things to come out, receive inflated scores by paid off reviewers, and for them to break all sorts of retail records. COD is the new Madden of our time, only difference is it changes even less between installments.
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    The campaign is a bit dumb, most of the time computers repeating the same lines over and over again, like the beginning "They're taking cover behind the display cases!", but it still is fun, even through glitches and the shortness of it on the Wii. The multiplayer is sort of a mixed bag. The lag shooting, as it is called, from mw: reflex is back, making it hard to kill people from the sides unless you spam crazily. The lag, when it gets to its worst in multiplayer, will have you just want to throw the remote, though those are far and few moments. When it plays good, it delivers. Even though I suck with the riot shield, I used it to try out something new from previous iterations since mw2 never came to Wii, and its a blast when you get a new game play style that actually helps your team instead of being a lone one-man army. But whats bad are its glitches. Disappearing of whole floors and walls in certain maps, frame rate issues, and the now widespread "save data is corrupt" that will happen if your game freezes in multiplayer. This happened to me once, making me so mad after 8+ hours in spec ops gone down forever. Spec ops is survival mode is good, allowing you to play in all 16 multiplayer maps against wave after wave of enemies instead of black ops' one zombie map, and whats also good is the increase in difficulty every four maps, as it adds more enemies and more of a challenge. What I don't like is the leveling and, of course, the lag. First the leveling. I found myself surrounded by a bunch of people in level 1 while I was already in level 30. This gave me WAY too many advantages surviving, with more weapons, equipment, even using turrets while they had to stick with only a few weapons and constantly dying and making me revive them too much. Now the lag. It is horrid. The only times I could play online was when I was host and the other people endured the lag, which I can not understand how they could have when knifing was like trying to catch a fly without looking and shooting wasted most of your ammo. This is a big disappointment as spec ops is very fun. It made me play by myself until an ally from black ops sent me his mw3 ally code, in which this was the first match where I was not host and I wasn't lagging. These issues detract from an overall good experience that I hope it gets patched soon. Expand
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    The sentence of ACTIVISION:

"Normally I do not do that, but if you like MW3 go to Metacritic.com and support Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. His note is suspiciously low. Be honest, but help us if you agree."

MW2.1 is a joke!
  59. Nov 20, 2011
    Call of Duty is smashing records & making BILLIONS, yet they cant even upgrade the graphics engine

COD is making more money then any other game out there, At least change something with all that money,(Like most developers do) hey maybe they could change the leveling up music?

CoDs repetitive titles are also taking the eyes of the consumers off of higher standard quality games that
    deserve it (Skyrim, Skyward Sword, AC:R, BF3, UC3, etc.) It should be those games breaking records, you know, the ones with time actually being spent to increase the greatness of them?

the whole damn world bought CoD, they went full retard man.
  60. Nov 20, 2011
    i cant believe i wasted my $$$ on this piece of #####.
    game plays the same feeels the same.
    this should be dlc rather than a full game. this is the last time you got my $$$ activition.
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    This game sucks, I can't believe people are still buying this mainstream crap. They make the same game every year, make some new maps for the boring multiplayer, and slap together a linear, run from point a to b campaign. Its as bad as the ea sports games, as its just milking people year after year. If you've never played the games before, you might enjoy this, but if you've sick and tired of the yearly repetitive cod formula save your money and stay away, you'll find little to nothing new. Expand
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    Unbelievable how the same exact game we played years ago (COD: Modern Warfare 1) gets extra levels and they name that same game COD: Modern Warfare 3. Then they slap a 60 dollar price tag on it an sell it as new. Hopefully now, after literally almost every single user review is a 0 or 1, the publisher and developers of this tittle get the massage.
  63. Nov 28, 2011
    Very very disappointed. I expected Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games to innovate on what was once one of the greatest franchises of all time. Instead they decided to churn out the same junk from last year and the year before. I'm just in shock they would let this franchise die such a horrible death. The weapon sound effects are the same, rank up sounds same, kill streak menus the same and the main menu is also exactly the same as Modern Warfare 2. Graphics have barley had a tune up. Thing don't look better just more glossy. As if everything in the world of Call of Duty is colored with Candy paint. The Campaign was a let down as well, I expected an epic climax to the story instead i got lead down a straight path to at the end, push keys it told me to, and with such dated graphics it just looks so cheesy. Theres no variety to multiplayer either. Basically its every man for himself. Everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off. In my opinion this game also takes no skill to play. The weapons significantly lack recoil making it very, very easy to aim and by aim i mean spray rounds everywhere because you wont be bumped off target. Not worth 60 dollars, hell not worth 20 dollars. I'm no fanboy, just a very disappointed gamer. Expand
  64. Jan 23, 2012
    I played this on the Xbox 360, a bit annoyed at the children droning on with their immaturity. I owned this on PS3, miss it now... Having bought this on Wii makes me want to throttle the prick at gameslop for not warning me about how crappy this game is. Do not buy this, don't. It isn't what you want it to be. You know what, if this is the best Wii has to offer in terms of first person shooters then maybe all it really IS good for is a singy dancy pokemon game after all. I hate that I wasted my money on a wii now. Congratulations Nintendo, you managed to convince me to buy another PS3! Expand
  65. Mar 25, 2012
    I'd like to point out that nearly all of the negative user reviews are PS3/360 players that have never played it on Wii. They say that it's "identical to MW2", even though Wii didn't even get Modern Warfare 2. But anyway, about the game. This is a great game with the best online multiplayer on Wii. The graphics are a lot better than Black Ops Wii and there is barely any lag. I haven't played much of the campaign, but Survival Mode and Multiplayer are really great. While the online infrastructure is basically the same as Black Ops, it works better than any other Wii game.
    I have a few problems with it though. It doesn't have split-screen multiplayer and voice chat doesn't always work well. Sometimes the game lags, but I find that there is less lag now, a few months after release. Another slight problem is that the Wii version doesn't have the Spec Ops missions and some of the kill streaks. I know that the Wii isn't powerful enough to run some of the kill streaks, but hackers have found that Predator Missiles are actually hidden in the games code.

Overall, this is a great game for all FPS fans and definitely worth a buy!
  66. Nov 15, 2011
    It could be technically the same game as its predecesors, but the graphics have been polished, pushing the wii limitations to a great level (not as good as Conduit though)... The customisable gameplay is still awesome, and shooting with the wiimote feels more natural than ever. The lack of split screen multiplayer is still kinda disapointing, but the online multiplayer is one of the best online experiences you can found on wii (make sure to have a great wi-fi connection)... The Spec Ops can be played online or alone, which is very addictive and increase the replay value of the game.... The game may suffer of some lag and frame rate issues but nothing that could annoy you at all!... Definetly as worth as his bigger HD brothers!!! Expand
  67. Nov 10, 2011
    Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? THE SAME GAME?? **** this **** I've already played this kinds of game before, I'm not playing a COD game until they offer some NEW mechanics...
  68. Mar 28, 2012
    not even good. were they tring.kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
  69. Apr 27, 2012
    More of the same, nothing but FPS garbage. This genre has single handedly destroyed gaming and turned the entire industry into one that favors "safe" shallow gameplay with good graphics instead of games that are actually enjoyable.
  70. Jul 21, 2012
    The IGN review (i.e. score of 45) is one of the worst reviews in the history of video gaming. IGN is typically a trusted source for reviews but for this one they just went on one of their "PS3 and Xbox are so much better" rants. If you only have a Wii console and love FPS action (particularly multi-player), this the greatest Wii game in its short history of FPS gaming. The graphics are actually good, believe it or not, and the game play is non-stop fun. The experience with Wii Mote and Wii Zapper is so different and superior to those "button-based, non-trigger" controllers and I encourage all to try it. I rate this game a "90" and not a "45" per IGN, the "Debbie Downer" of Wii video game reviews. Collapse
  71. Jan 19, 2013
    The main reason why is game is bad is because you can tell that the developers did not care about the game they were making. The Wii did not get MW2 so most Wii players couldn't fully understand the campaign. The multiplayer also had lag shooting then kill streaks didn't work then hackers took over. Overall all its an awful game.
  72. Jul 18, 2013
    I'm sick of the Wii. Motion Controls are not the future of gaming. Why put a really good game on a bad console with horrible controls? The Wii Remote makes it hard to play.
  73. Jul 21, 2012

1. Jan 23, 2012
    Whilst there have been cuts to the package, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 remains a solid title on Wii. The story has made it over completely and the multiplayer is as fun as ever, and will easily cut through any days of boredom. If you are into shooters, then this should tickle you the right way.
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    MW3 is the definitive version of the franchise on the Wii and one of the best FPS ever made for the console.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    I realize that I am painting a fairly bad picture of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and I admit that it is hard to be objective when I have already had the pleasure to play the title on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Comparing across the platforms is hardly fair when the Wii's processing power is so limited that it forces developers to make significant modifications to the gameplay. But even considering that, Modern Warfare 3 is merely an average shooter compared to the other FPS titles on the Wii.