1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 429 Ratings

1. Dec 16, 2011
    Tired game , Tired engine, Same crap gets put out every single year for four years and people flock to toss their cash away, sad really sad. I have played it it IS THE SAME AS MW2. why would you buy it again ?? Activision is laughing all the way to the bank! This is pathetic and should have been released as an expansion pack nothing more!
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Disappointing on all fronts. It's a reskin of a 2 year old game with a multiplayer map pack and different singleplayer that's riddled with stupidity and cliches in bulk while still being insanely short

I don't understand how Activision gets away with doing this to people. I understand it's fun to some gamers and they like the series and that's fine, but just throwing money at something because it's fun is selfish and they need to tell Activision with their wallets they're tired of getting ripped off every year.
  3. Jan 23, 2012
    I played this on the Xbox 360, a bit annoyed at the children droning on with their immaturity. I owned this on PS3, miss it now... Having bought this on Wii makes me want to throttle the prick at gameslop for not warning me about how crappy this game is. Do not buy this, don't. It isn't what you want it to be. You know what, if this is the best Wii has to offer in terms of first personI played this on the Xbox 360, a bit annoyed at the children droning on with their immaturity. I owned this on PS3, miss it now... Having bought this on Wii makes me want to throttle the prick at gameslop for not warning me about how crappy this game is. Do not buy this, don't. It isn't what you want it to be. You know what, if this is the best Wii has to offer in terms of first person shooters then maybe all it really IS good for is a singy dancy pokemon game after all. I hate that I wasted my money on a wii now. Congratulations Nintendo, you managed to convince me to buy another PS3! Expand
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    CoD still has a problem: Each game is too similar. There are simply not enough improvements to call this a new game and it suffers because of it. The series needs a reboot with a more unique and original idea instead of the same thing over and over.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game

This game really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    A very solid entry to the franchise with without a doubt the best multiplayer of the three. While many might complain that it is a remake or DLC this is not the case. Yes is has many of the same aspects but many have been redefined or re-imagined to add a new element to the game. Overall an excellent edition to the franchise.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    10 it is!

great game. These little kids have nothing better to do. come on! 1.5 for this game? Not even E.T. from atari got a score lie this I bet!

Grow up bf3 fan boys!
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    Shield. Enough said. Plus more options this time around to be a team player. A very high risk, high reward multiplayer game which can be frustrating at times, but I love it.
  9. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is good, it stands up well to the other version while adding motion controls. Highly recomended, get this game if u have a wii and want a shooter.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    Given the hardware restrictions for this version of a already dying game, there is really nothing positive I can say at all, not that I had anything positive to say about the re-run re-skinned cash cow anyways.
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is my first owned Call of Duty game(because I don't own a PS3 or 360).
    I think it is amazing. I am sad that the Wii version is missing split screen mode, as I was looking forward to that, but my multiplayer online experience has been awesome. The graphics are surprisingly good for a Wii game, and the gameplay matches it beautifully. My only complaint is the current glitch which causes some people to get corrupted save files.
  12. Jan 5, 2012
    MW3 for the Wii is actually a great game to play and have fun at the same time... Campaign is awesome Spec Ops is OK and Mutiplayer is one of the best Which should last you a long period of time. If i were you i will get the game.
  13. Dec 25, 2011
    The game is awesome. There's nothing wrong with the game. Just a little bad graphic, that's all. I don't know why you guys are arguing. My dad wouldn't let me buy a xbox360 because he said they're so expensive. I'm really cool with having Modern Warfare 3 for Wii.
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    From a Battlefield 3 Fan Perspective this game is very good, it's not a DLC of MW2 the MP has improved over with the spec ops giving the shine it is just as good as zombies and the unlocks will keep you going on for a while and Prestige and 80 levels will definitely be alot of time too., COD Elite is just as good as Battlelog everything is good (MP is a dead heat) and Campaign is a bitFrom a Battlefield 3 Fan Perspective this game is very good, it's not a DLC of MW2 the MP has improved over with the spec ops giving the shine it is just as good as zombies and the unlocks will keep you going on for a while and Prestige and 80 levels will definitely be alot of time too., COD Elite is just as good as Battlelog everything is good (MP is a dead heat) and Campaign is a bit cliche but slightly better than BF3s I will see you guys on the BATTLEFIELD and the MODERN WARFARE, THIS GAME IS **** AMAZING! Peace out Fans and trolls :P Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    Call of Duty is smashing records & making BILLIONS, yet they cant even upgrade the graphics engine

COD is making more money then any other game out there, At least change something with all that money,(Like most developers do) hey maybe they could change the leveling up music? CoDs repetitive titles are also taking the eyes of the consumers off of higher standard quality games that

CoDs repetitive titles are also taking the eyes of the consumers off of higher standard quality games that deserve it (Skyrim, Skyward Sword, AC:R, BF3, UC3, etc.) It should be those games breaking records, you know, the ones with time actually being spent to increase the greatness of them?

the whole damn world bought CoD, they went full retard man.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    i cant believe i wasted my $$$ on this piece of #####.
    game plays the same feeels the same.
    this should be dlc rather than a full game. this is the last time you got my $$$ activition.
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    This game sucks, I can't believe people are still buying this mainstream crap. They make the same game every year, make some new maps for the boring multiplayer, and slap together a linear, run from point a to b campaign. Its as bad as the ea sports games, as its just milking people year after year. If you've never played the games before, you might enjoy this, but if you've sick and tiredThis game sucks, I can't believe people are still buying this mainstream crap. They make the same game every year, make some new maps for the boring multiplayer, and slap together a linear, run from point a to b campaign. Its as bad as the ea sports games, as its just milking people year after year. If you've never played the games before, you might enjoy this, but if you've sick and tired of the yearly repetitive cod formula save your money and stay away, you'll find little to nothing new. Expand
  18. Nov 21, 2011
    Unbelievable how the same exact game we played years ago (COD: Modern Warfare 1) gets extra levels and they name that same game COD: Modern Warfare 3. Then they slap a 60 dollar price tag on it an sell it as new. Hopefully now, after literally almost every single user review is a 0 or 1, the publisher and developers of this tittle get the massage.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is LEGIT. The singleplayer is the best thing I've put into my eyeballs. I put this game in the Wii and was like WOAH there's science in this s***. Everything in SP is implemented from the 360 version (unlike black ops where stuff was cut.) The multiplayer is incredible however you pretty much need a classic controller but its the best MP game on wii so far. All you haters canThis game is LEGIT. The singleplayer is the best thing I've put into my eyeballs. I put this game in the Wii and was like WOAH there's science in this s***. Everything in SP is implemented from the 360 version (unlike black ops where stuff was cut.) The multiplayer is incredible however you pretty much need a classic controller but its the best MP game on wii so far. All you haters can hate but s*** is LIVE with this game. I mean a freaking heist went down over this man. Bottom line, everyone bought this game, and you should too. Expand
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is even more pathetic on Wii which is mainly due to the hardware but it is the same tried and tested copy and paste P.O.S

No matter what format you purchase you will have that de ja vu feeling then you'll blink and see the credits rolling.

RENTAL
  21. Nov 9, 2011
    IDIOTS NEED TO STOP COPYING AND PASTING THEIR TRASH REVIEWS FROM OTHER SYSTEMS. This is insane. Id love to bash whoever doing this in the face. Grow the **** up. Metacritic needs to pull the copy and pasted fanboy reviews!
  22. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user reviews are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Este juego ni ha salido y ya le ponen criticas negativas??
    EA estuvo aqui

Y estan envidiosos de la audiencia que conlleva Call of duty : Modern Warfare 3
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't believe what everybody else says. The wii version was ported. The graghics are the work of treyarch. not infinityward. We need to all grow up and learn that mw3 is actually a good game
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    All the bad reviews are copied from other systems, lame! OMG! Luv it, this game has so much fun everywhere. Spec Ops, MP, Sp, wow! Had a great time with this recommend it to anyone who likes FPS.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a real review of the Wii version of MW 3. No copy / paste hate review. This is the best online shooter you can get for the Wii. Graphics look a bit better then Black Ops (BO). The online play feels faster and seems more fluid then BO. At the moment the hit models seems a bit off compared to BO but I'm sure we will get updates like we got with BO. We also have the special opsThis is a real review of the Wii version of MW 3. No copy / paste hate review. This is the best online shooter you can get for the Wii. Graphics look a bit better then Black Ops (BO). The online play feels faster and seems more fluid then BO. At the moment the hit models seems a bit off compared to BO but I'm sure we will get updates like we got with BO. We also have the special ops survival mode for the first time on the Wii.

I will update the review after I have played it longer. I just wanted to let the CoD with Wii mote fans to have some real info.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is absolutely wonderful. Instantly my favorite COD on the Wii! This game has an exciting campaign, a fast paced multiplayer, and a strategic Spec Ops mode. The Campaign is AMAZING! The game runs at a good frame rate that's fully playable all the way through. The story line is engaging and exciting, even if you haven't played the previous Modern Warfare's. I played the firstThis game is absolutely wonderful. Instantly my favorite COD on the Wii! This game has an exciting campaign, a fast paced multiplayer, and a strategic Spec Ops mode. The Campaign is AMAZING! The game runs at a good frame rate that's fully playable all the way through. The story line is engaging and exciting, even if you haven't played the previous Modern Warfare's. I played the first Modern Warfare only, and I found it amazing that I saw what Soap looked like. Also, Price is awesome. His model in MW1 pales in comparison to his model in MW3. The campaign has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Wii.

The Multiplayer is also JUST as amazing. Even though I've experienced some lag sometimes, the pros far outweigh the cons. It has a wide array of guns, skins, and a customizable tag. It makes your name look professional, even though it dissapears pretty quickly when you respawn. Just like the campaign, the graphics are absolutely spectacular, and are what I think ALL Wii fans will be impressed with. The gameplay is very fast paced, and even though the hit detection isn't perfect, you are still VERY able to kill efficiently. I actually quick scoped a few people. The commentator voices are nice too. And I think the Riot Shield is a BLAST to use.

Spec Ops mode... It ought to be called SPECTACULAR Ops, because its probably one of the most fun modes in a Call of Duty game I've ever played. In this mode, you(and/or an online friend) have to fight a variety of randomly placed computer players. You earn money from them, that you can use to purchase weapons from armories. (Ex. Go to Explosive Armory for Grenades, Go to gun armory for guns and attachments). I've experienced some lag with this mode, but its doesn't make the game unplayable. This mode requires a lot of strategy, and would probably be best played with a Microphone. Its team oriented because you have to support and revive your teammate, you can even share money with them. This mode is just as good as zombies from Black Ops.

In conclusion, this game is a game that every Wii fan SHOULD buy if they want a great FPS experience.

9.7/10

I cant give it a 9.7 through the site, so i'm rounding it up to a 10.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    For anyone that is stuck with the Wii for the time being or if you want to use the Wiimote to aim, this is the best FPS for the Wii by far. The story closes good (though if you never played MW2, you will be confused) and the multi-player is solid. It's a lot more deeper than Black Ops and the graphics (for any other Wii owner that bought Black Ops) are a step up. Still not as pretty as theFor anyone that is stuck with the Wii for the time being or if you want to use the Wiimote to aim, this is the best FPS for the Wii by far. The story closes good (though if you never played MW2, you will be confused) and the multi-player is solid. It's a lot more deeper than Black Ops and the graphics (for any other Wii owner that bought Black Ops) are a step up. Still not as pretty as the others but they pass. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Why drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It isWhy drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It is also sad that they are going to charge you an extra charge for their Elite service when the rankings are already skewed due to aimbots. If I am going to spend $60 on this game I want support that will fix these issues and punish those that it finds cheating. They really dropped the ball on this franchise with this rushed, buggy, hacked piece of junk. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    Every Call of Duty since CoD4 has tried so hard to out-do its predecessor to the point where its made me look upon some of the greatest FPS games ever made, and think they are obselete. It has made me look at games in new ways, and think, "what is this game doing new, and if its not doing anything new, why play it?"

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like

Its horrible to think that I used to play marathon sessions of games like Counter Strike, CoD 4, and Halo 3, and now I dont even want to think about them.

1. Jan 23, 2012
    Whilst there have been cuts to the package, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 remains a solid title on Wii. The story has made it over completely and the multiplayer is as fun as ever, and will easily cut through any days of boredom. If you are into shooters, then this should tickle you the right way.
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    MW3 is the definitive version of the franchise on the Wii and one of the best FPS ever made for the console.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    I realize that I am painting a fairly bad picture of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and I admit that it is hard to be objective when I have already had the pleasure to play the title on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Comparing across the platforms is hardly fair when the Wii's processing power is so limited that it forces developers to make significant modifications to the gameplay. But even considering that, Modern Warfare 3 is merely an average shooter compared to the other FPS titles on the Wii.