1.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 424 Ratings

1. Nov 9, 2011
    The 2011 COD game is almost identical to the games that came before it, yet millions of casual gamers still run to the midnight release to pick up a copy. Unfortunately one of my friends was one of them and I got the chance to play the most overrated game of the year. As always the single player is a little shorter than the last one, taking me and my friend around 5 hours to complete. The multiplayer is still the same old solo run and gun fest, but this time on rushed and chaotic maps. Not much else to say really, but if you own any Call of Duty game that came out in the last 4 years, you already have this game. Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Disappointing on all fronts. It's a reskin of a 2 year old game with a multiplayer map pack and different singleplayer that's riddled with stupidity and cliches in bulk while still being insanely short

I don't understand how Activision gets away with doing this to people. I understand it's fun to some gamers and they like the series and that's fine, but just throwing money at something
    because it's fun is selfish and they need to tell Activision with their wallets they're tired of getting ripped off every year. Expand
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    Tired game , Tired engine, Same crap gets put out every single year for four years and people flock to toss their cash away, sad really sad. I have played it it IS THE SAME AS MW2. why would you buy it again ?? Activision is laughing all the way to the bank! This is pathetic and should have been released as an expansion pack nothing more!
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    Activision has once again failed to make their latest COD title stand out. Because, frankly, this is the umpteenth time COD 4 has been repackaged, with little to no innovation. The same broken Multiplayer, the same try-hard 4 hour long story, and soon the same overpriced map packs. It is truly a disgrace, the way Activision keeps confirming their greediness, and lack of interest for their customers. This hasn`t bitten them yet, seeing as a lot of COD-players are very, very young. Too young to stand up and say "I will no longer let myself be milked dry like a cow. I will no longer let this company ruin gaming by repackaging the same game over and over again, therefore being a bad example for the rest". And even when the fans are a bit older, they still have ridiculously low standards, considering they like replaying the same broken game, over and over, paying 60 Dollars every year.

Because of this greediness and laziness, COD MW3 deserves a 0, but I`ll give Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer games 1 point for the effort.
  5. Nov 9, 2011
    All the bad reviews are copied from other systems, lame! OMG! Luv it, this game has so much fun everywhere. Spec Ops, MP, Sp, wow! Had a great time with this recommend it to anyone who likes FPS.
  6. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is LEGIT. The singleplayer is the best thing I've put into my eyeballs. I put this game in the Wii and was like WOAH there's science in this s***. Everything in SP is implemented from the 360 version (unlike black ops where stuff was cut.) The multiplayer is incredible however you pretty much need a classic controller but its the best MP game on wii so far. All you haters can hate but s*** is LIVE with this game. I mean a freaking heist went down over this man. Bottom line, everyone bought this game, and you should too. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is even more pathetic on Wii which is mainly due to the hardware but it is the same tried and tested copy and paste P.O.S

No matter what format you purchase you will have that de ja vu feeling then you'll blink and see the credits rolling.

RENTAL
  8. Mar 2, 2012
    CoD still has a problem: Each game is too similar. There are simply not enough improvements to call this a new game and it suffers because of it. The series needs a reboot with a more unique and original idea instead of the same thing over and over.
  9. Nov 9, 2011
    Dude this is the best! I brought this game home and immediately started enjoying every part of it.

The single player is fun, the spec-ops is really fun, and the multiplayer is too fun. I can't even play it.

Best! Game! Evarrrr!! yay look at me I'm on metacritic, brah!

MW3 Wii = best wii game.
  10. Nov 10, 2011
    Don't believe what everybody else says. The wii version was ported. The graghics are the work of treyarch. not infinityward. We need to all grow up and learn that mw3 is actually a good game
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    IDIOTS NEED TO STOP COPYING AND PASTING THEIR TRASH REVIEWS FROM OTHER SYSTEMS. This is insane. Id love to bash whoever doing this in the face. Grow the **** up. Metacritic needs to pull the copy and pasted fanboy reviews!
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the best at SP, MP, Spec-Ops simply everything. The game may be close to MW2 at graphics but its the best game ever. Best-in-class multiplayer is now more balanced than ever. Also you shouldn't worry about empty servers because it is best selling game ever. It deserves 10.
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Its the best at SP, MP, Spec-Ops simply everything. The game may be close to BO at graphics but its the best game ever. Best-in-class multiplayer is now more balanced than ever. It deserves 10.
  14. Nov 9, 2011
    Appalled by review scores. Battlefield gets ripped on the fact that they added a singleplayer mode to what is essentially a multiplayer only game, just as an addition to add value to the game, yet Activision gets away with this crap every year. It's all about the money, and they're making a lot of it.
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    i don`t know why the user reviews are this bad. the game is awesome and after playing for about 4 hours i can say this is one of the best cod games. the campaign is average but the mp is a blast, as always. i love it.
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Este juego ni ha salido y ya le ponen criticas negativas??
    EA estuvo aqui

Y estan envidiosos de la audiencia que conlleva Call of duty : Modern Warfare 3
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    I was originally waiting until Christmas to play this and but was given it as an early present and I must say it is easily the best of the series... unlike its predecessor, the multiplayer is now finely balanced and the stupid fun of the solo campaign has been taken to new heights and in a game fun should always be taken into consideration unlike certain other po-faced FPS 'battles'. To top it off is the vastly improved Spec Ops co-op that is now fine-tuned to be an equally enjoyable solo experience to the campaign with Survival discovering how to balance solo and co-op where Zombies et al could not.
    People may argue that the game runs on an old engine but briefly ignoring the fact that this is a very nice-looking game: since when have engines been the be-all and end-all of a game's success... Ocarina of Time 3D is still one of the best games of the year despite running on an engine from a decade ago so that cant be a detrimental factor to MW3.....
    The highlight of the series and the most fun I've had with an FPS since Portal 2 (and there have been many in between you'll all note) :)
  18. Nov 9, 2011
    Terrible Terrible Terrible Terrible. Need I say more? This is a 59.99 map pack for MW2 with some bonus campaign content, an over hyped online add on, and garbage multiplayer maps.
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    A very solid entry to the franchise with without a doubt the best multiplayer of the three. While many might complain that it is a remake or DLC this is not the case. Yes is has many of the same aspects but many have been redefined or re-imagined to add a new element to the game. Overall an excellent edition to the franchise.
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    10 it is!

great game. These little kids have nothing better to do. come on! 1.5 for this game? Not even E.T. from atari got a score lie this I bet!

Grow up bf3 fan boys!
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    Shield. Enough said. Plus more options this time around to be a team player. A very high risk, high reward multiplayer game which can be frustrating at times, but I love it.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    I got this game on steam on launch day, hoping it would be better than Black Ops. Biggest mistake I have ever made in buying a game, even worse than buying BO. That game was a mess, and I have deeply regretted buying it, but not more than MW3. I have played MW, MW2, BO, and now MW3 and I can say each game gets worse exponentially. I will never purchase another COD game again.

This game
    really feels like MW1.5 as there is absolutely nothing new. Graphics are more than 4 years old. Same old boring, predictable story. Multiplayer is exactly the same with new maps. This game could have been a $15 DLC, and even that would be a rip off.

If you guys want a good, quality game, check out The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. There's a game that the developers actually put time into making, about 3 years. Not like each COD game taking less than a year to make, no wonder their quality is so terrible. It's sad that such a piece of junk like MW1.5 can sell millions and even more than games that outclass it like Skyrim. There are just too many mindless, stupid fanboys who enjoy shooting each other with new maps paying a $60 fee every year to do so.

Overall, this game couldn't even last me 2 days as once Skyrim came out I dumped this piece of crap. Hopefully, the COD series dies with this game or they totally reinvent it because it's only going to get worse from here.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing that CoD can be even worse, The Wii version is absolutely terrible, garbage graphics and controls
    It's just and old game with a new skins anyway, use some common sense people..
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    This is a real review of the Wii version of MW 3. No copy / paste hate review. This is the best online shooter you can get for the Wii. Graphics look a bit better then Black Ops (BO). The online play feels faster and seems more fluid then BO. At the moment the hit models seems a bit off compared to BO but I'm sure we will get updates like we got with BO. We also have the special ops survival mode for the first time on the Wii.

I will update the review after I have played it longer. I just wanted to let the CoD with Wii mote fans to have some real info.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    If you hate your money, and would like to own a steaming pile of **** inside of a small DVD case, then this game is for you! This is a horrible game designed for brainless kids. I guess that's awesome if your target audience will shell out $60 a year for the same game.
  26. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is good, it stands up well to the other version while adding motion controls. Highly recomended, get this game if u have a wii and want a shooter.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is absolutely wonderful. Instantly my favorite COD on the Wii! This game has an exciting campaign, a fast paced multiplayer, and a strategic Spec Ops mode. The Campaign is AMAZING! The game runs at a good frame rate that's fully playable all the way through. The story line is engaging and exciting, even if you haven't played the previous Modern Warfare's. I played the first Modern Warfare only, and I found it amazing that I saw what Soap looked like. Also, Price is awesome. His model in MW1 pales in comparison to his model in MW3. The campaign has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Wii.

The Multiplayer is also JUST as amazing. Even though I've experienced some lag sometimes, the pros far outweigh the cons. It has a wide array of guns, skins, and a customizable tag. It makes your name look professional, even though it dissapears pretty quickly when you respawn. Just like the campaign, the graphics are absolutely spectacular, and are what I think ALL Wii fans will be impressed with. The gameplay is very fast paced, and even though the hit detection isn't perfect, you are still VERY able to kill efficiently. I actually quick scoped a few people. The commentator voices are nice too. And I think the Riot Shield is a BLAST to use.

Spec Ops mode... It ought to be called SPECTACULAR Ops, because its probably one of the most fun modes in a Call of Duty game I've ever played. In this mode, you(and/or an online friend) have to fight a variety of randomly placed computer players. You earn money from them, that you can use to purchase weapons from armories. (Ex. Go to Explosive Armory for Grenades, Go to gun armory for guns and attachments). I've experienced some lag with this mode, but its doesn't make the game unplayable. This mode requires a lot of strategy, and would probably be best played with a Microphone. Its team oriented because you have to support and revive your teammate, you can even share money with them. This mode is just as good as zombies from Black Ops.

In conclusion, this game is a game that every Wii fan SHOULD buy if they want a great FPS experience.

9.7/10

I cant give it a 9.7 through the site, so i'm rounding it up to a 10.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    12 Hours of single payer game play. Holds true to the COD franchise's lack of content from the past 3 installments. Though those 12 hours of gameplay was more compelling than Black Ops, I still feel incredibly cheated out of $60. Online play is no better than Black Ops. Not just graphically, but the levels almost look like the same levels as BO... Laggy servers, gives laggy movements and firing ingame. Then, they try to sweeten us up with their "Elite" service, but only to find out it will cost you ANOTHER $50. Come on Sledgehammer, can we get a reach around when you're giving us the hammer??? I would say avoid this one... But we all bought it sight unseen already.... Oh well. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    For anyone that is stuck with the Wii for the time being or if you want to use the Wiimote to aim, this is the best FPS for the Wii by far. The story closes good (though if you never played MW2, you will be confused) and the multi-player is solid. It's a lot more deeper than Black Ops and the graphics (for any other Wii owner that bought Black Ops) are a step up. Still not as pretty as the others but they pass. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    Why drop $60 on a game which had hacks and aimbots on the first day and which the developer does nothing to fix? Go to Youtube and lookup "First Ever MW3 Aimbot". Also lookup the number of bots/hacks/cheats for Call of Duty 2 you will see plenty of them that are still active and that the developer has done nothing about. That speaks volumes about this company and its' priorities. It is also sad that they are going to charge you an extra charge for their Elite service when the rankings are already skewed due to aimbots. If I am going to spend $60 on this game I want support that will fix these issues and punish those that it finds cheating. They really dropped the ball on this franchise with this rushed, buggy, hacked piece of junk. Expand

1. Jan 23, 2012
    Whilst there have been cuts to the package, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 remains a solid title on Wii. The story has made it over completely and the multiplayer is as fun as ever, and will easily cut through any days of boredom. If you are into shooters, then this should tickle you the right way.
  2. Jan 21, 2012
    MW3 is the definitive version of the franchise on the Wii and one of the best FPS ever made for the console.
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    I realize that I am painting a fairly bad picture of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and I admit that it is hard to be objective when I have already had the pleasure to play the title on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Comparing across the platforms is hardly fair when the Wii's processing power is so limited that it forces developers to make significant modifications to the gameplay. But even considering that, Modern Warfare 3 is merely an average shooter compared to the other FPS titles on the Wii.