• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2008
5.9

1. RaidenD
    Jan 1, 2010
    So not really a Castlevania game in play, but in spirit it is. This was an underrated title because it was so different. The fighting was some of the most satisfying I have had in a while, the motion control was welcome and worked me out. Wave the remote, you hit, wave the 'chuck' you dodge.Simple, clean. I will say the camera was a bit awkward but this really only happened So not really a Castlevania game in play, but in spirit it is. This was an underrated title because it was so different. The fighting was some of the most satisfying I have had in a while, the motion control was welcome and worked me out. Wave the remote, you hit, wave the 'chuck' you dodge.Simple, clean. I will say the camera was a bit awkward but this really only happened against Dracula.The character designs are better then a lot of the derivative stuff most American games give us.You can definitely tell they are Obatas, but they are alot more inspired then other 3-D Castlvania character's looks. I am still having fun with it and that is what matters with a game really, the fun. Expand
  2. CR
    Jan 1, 2010
    Fun, Fun Fun. Simple controls, but the camera needed work. Love the castle-quest, and the collecting aspect. A viscerally fulfilling game. If you can find it buy it.
  3. josiahh
    Mar 22, 2009
    You know, I was a fan of castlevania since it made its first game for the nes. I was enthralled to find it available for virtual console and played it for hours remembering the days when the graphics were good. So, naturally when i saw judgement on the shelves, I bought it immediatly. i was disapointed to find that it was a simple fighting game, and no longer an adventure, but i grew to You know, I was a fan of castlevania since it made its first game for the nes. I was enthralled to find it available for virtual console and played it for hours remembering the days when the graphics were good. So, naturally when i saw judgement on the shelves, I bought it immediatly. i was disapointed to find that it was a simple fighting game, and no longer an adventure, but i grew to enjoy it. It was overall, pretty good, with a few flaws. There really should have been more things fom the original titles, the controls were insultingly simple, and it was somewhat patronizing the way they almost expected you to be scared when playing. Also, this is a big problem with all wii games, but you can win just about any match by shaking the remote like you have a cockraoch crawling on your arm. Expand
  4. dib8rman
    Dec 3, 2008
    This game reminds me of what Marvel vs Capcom 2 would be like if it were 3d, its totally deep, I switched to control style two which basically turns basic attacks to the B button and super move is waggle.

The game is totally amazing, My only beef is that online people play like rejects and refuse to have a good fight, they stick with Dracula and do hit and run tactics with everyone else. (Death, Shinoa and Aeon)
  5. JoeC.
    Nov 19, 2008
    Cool game, it has lots of features and is a fresh spin on the Castlevania series. Don't listen to 1up's incomplete review of the game as they fail to mention many of the game's modes. For a better comprehension take a look at IGN's review.

In the list of games I'm dying to play in the Castlevania series, a 3D fighter was about as far from the top as possible, but Judgment was a pleasant surprise.
    As a fighter, Castlevania Judgment employs too many design ideas that are neither well planned nor well executed. It's a strange misstep for the beloved series, one that Konami hopefully learns from.
  3. If you forgo your expectations of what a Castlevania game should be--or are simply looking for a respectable 3-D fighting game--you should have a good time with Judgment. [Holiday 2008, p.77]