• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 7, 2009
8.2

1. Ssseth
    Oct 14, 2009
    Nostalgia element was fun and I was happy with the game, until less than an hour in I passed it. Yes I was playing on easy, but an hour?! Even for $10 that is still too much for such a short game. Due to the length I just can't recommend it, there are much better (and longer) WiiWare games out there (NyqQuest for example is at least 3-4 hours long).
  2. JasonH.
    Dec 11, 2009
    This game is short. Really, really, really short, with only 6 levels or so. I never played Contra before, so I'm not familiar with the story, and I didn't share in any part of the nostalgia factor. Still, for forty five minutes, my friend and I had a great time. It's fun, but every critique and compliment is overshadowed by it's length! Honestly, I felt as if I was This game is short. Really, really, really short, with only 6 levels or so. I never played Contra before, so I'm not familiar with the story, and I didn't share in any part of the nostalgia factor. Still, for forty five minutes, my friend and I had a great time. It's fun, but every critique and compliment is overshadowed by it's length! Honestly, I felt as if I was playing literally a third of the game. It's worth 10 bucks if you're a die hard contra fan.... I suppose. Expand

1. Gradius ReBirth was a bit too short and easy compared to previous Gradius games (especially because previous games in the series already were pretty short), but with Contra ReBirth, Konami has struck the balance just right: there's only five levels, but they're all decently sized and quite challening to get through.
  2. Konami forgets it's already made the ultimate Contra tribute - and it's not this bland rehash.
  3. If you love Contra games, chances are you already know that Contra ReBirth is worth the 1000 points. But if you’ve never played a Contra title, and want to see what the fuss is all about, Contra ReBirth is an outstanding example of why so many gamers consider Konami the masters of runnin’ and gunnin’.