5.3

1. SethK
    Apr 28, 2008
    This is the worst game I have played in 25 years. The worst Atari 2600 game is probably better than this game. I rented it with a girlfriend who loved and mastered the cake making version of this game, but we were both completely baffled by this game. For instance, it would tell us to stir and then follow the on screen directions. There were no on screen directions, ever. Just a progress This is the worst game I have played in 25 years. The worst Atari 2600 game is probably better than this game. I rented it with a girlfriend who loved and mastered the cake making version of this game, but we were both completely baffled by this game. For instance, it would tell us to stir and then follow the on screen directions. There were no on screen directions, ever. Just a progress bar or a timer that would run out waiting for us to do some unknown motion and we would lose and then look at each other like "WTF was that?!?" Other times it would tell us to shake the remote to do something, but neglect to mention you need to hold the A button, or the B button, or something else, so every single game was pure trial-and-error. Basically, it was 100% frustration and 0% fun. I can't believe I wasted $8 to rent this POS. Expand
  2. JenH
    Jan 24, 2009
    This game was very simple and too simple to enjoy. The tasks in the game were limited and very slow. We ended up trading this game along with a couple other wii games for something different.
  3. NatalieJ.
    Nov 8, 2007
    As someone who absolutely loved the original DS game I was bitterly disappointed with this. Certain tasks were hard (Such as cutting) and the range of meals you could cook was really limited. The only thing good about it was the multiplayer, but alas, with the difficulty with some of the tasks, and the way things were phrased when explaining what you had to do made it extremely hard for As someone who absolutely loved the original DS game I was bitterly disappointed with this. Certain tasks were hard (Such as cutting) and the range of meals you could cook was really limited. The only thing good about it was the multiplayer, but alas, with the difficulty with some of the tasks, and the way things were phrased when explaining what you had to do made it extremely hard for someone just to pick up the wiimote and play, all the fun was sucked out of it, into a mess that even Mama couldn't fix. Expand

1. It’s a niche game that most won’t like but a few will devour. [JPN Import]
    It's the gaming equivalent of a local neighborhood eatery: the food's good and service is decent, but it certainly won't be the best meal you've ever had.
    The inviting presentation will still bring people in, it’ll still be a blast for certain gamers, and the act of doing motion-controlled cooking pantomime will be a hit with the younger crowd and a niche group of gamers. At the same time, the series has a long way to go before it really "feels right" on Wii.