Cooking Mama: World Kitchen Wii

4.9

1. Jan 28, 2012
    I bought this game as me and my family really enjoyed Cooking Mama 1 but number two was a big disappointment. True, there are more recipes, but the methods that you have to use are very annoying! Cooking Mama is as irritating as ever and the graphics are awful! I detest this game now as I get fed up and the whole game gets on my nerves! I strongly dislike this game!
  2. DaraS
    Oct 14, 2009
    While the premise is fun for kids, the controls are not. I bought this for my 5 year old, who is new to gaming, upon the reccommendation of a game store employee. He loves cooking on Webkinz World so I thought he'd enjoy it. I played it first to show him how it's done and I knew right away there would be problems. The controls are not intuitive as one would imagine. The timer While the premise is fun for kids, the controls are not. I bought this for my 5 year old, who is new to gaming, upon the reccommendation of a game store employee. He loves cooking on Webkinz World so I thought he'd enjoy it. I played it first to show him how it's done and I knew right away there would be problems. The controls are not intuitive as one would imagine. The timer for each "event" is way too short to allow for a chance to get used to the controls. After scoring a 0 on his first recipe my son never wants to play again. Even the mini-games, which I thought he'd enjoy, are too difficult for a young child. I should have stuck with Wii Sports! Finally, Mama's austrian/asian accented voice and the flames that come from her eyes when you do poorly (even though she says "it's okay, Mama will help") are waaaaaay too creepy. This game is too hard for young players and too boring for anyone old enough to play it properly. I'm sure there's a niche market of cooking interested 8 year olds who enjoy it greatly, but for everyone else it's a huge waste of money. Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2011
    Oh, where to begin. If you are considering buying this game for more than two bucks at a garage sale or bargain bin, put it back and step away. The cheesy Asian engrish voice-overs (and this one will reinforce every lame stereotype out there) are worth the laugh, but the game gets frustrating fast. Controls are totally anti-intuitive and frustrating, instructions (written and on-screen)Oh, where to begin. If you are considering buying this game for more than two bucks at a garage sale or bargain bin, put it back and step away. The cheesy Asian engrish voice-overs (and this one will reinforce every lame stereotype out there) are worth the laugh, but the game gets frustrating fast. Controls are totally anti-intuitive and frustrating, instructions (written and on-screen) can charitably be described as "poor", and the complete-epic-fail-ishness of it stops being amusing pretty quickly. Too bad - could have been an pretty entertaining family game. Expand

#53 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

1. Feb 23, 2011
    Don't expect to learn any parenting tips that can be applied in real life. And don't expect to see any gender-based issues brought up either. However, as a game it may fill some niche with 3-5 year old girls with parents who want to perpetuate the stereotype.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Cooking Mama World Kitchen isn't bad, but it could have been better. [Holiday 2008, p.80]
    World Kitchen tries hard to spice up the already tasty Cooking Mama recipe with new characters, slapstick rescue minigames, and cheesy-in-a-bad-way voiceovers, but the results leave behind a funny aftertaste. It'll do in a pinch, but I prefer Cook Off's well-balanced helpings.