• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 25, 2007
7.1

1. Sep 22, 2010
    I play this game with my half-sister which is quite fun but we dont have dance pads which makes it quite bad. Theres this one song which i like but i dont know it. I tried to find it online but just kept getting errors. Anyone know where it is? I find the menus a bit too pretentious at times but some of the loading screens give a glorious visual distraction from the colour explosions in game. The characters are lifeless and yelping which at first i found annoying but later grew to appreciate. (After all the designers were trying to give a gritty commentary on the current rich-poor divide in east china). The wii console is an impressive bit of kit but they really need to change the name if they really want to make a dent in the electronic game market. After all with Sony's Move and the Sega Dreamcast coming out soon how will they cope? The song choice is admirable at best with some songs relying too heavily on the verse-chorus-verse dynamic which has worked well in the past. I cant dance but I feel like I can. (Am I just dancing inside?) I think come christmas time this will be in peoples end of year lists and hopefully some stockings too.

Sorry for my bad spelign but this is my first time on MegaCritik
  2. LessaB.
    Jan 24, 2008
    Absolutely horrendous song list. They've replaced catchy techno with distasteful remixes of songs from the 80's and 90's I'd rather forget. Must have been picked out by a lonely man whose dog just died. I love DDR and have bought every incarnation for the PS2. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it for the Wii. I'm sorely disapointed. I'll probably switch to stepmania permanently after this. Collapse

1. Dance Dance Revolution has been luring gamers off their sofas for years, making the franchise a perfect hit for Wii fans. [Nov 2007, p.105]
  2. While the game keeps its proverbial foot-tapping format, players must also wave their arms using the remote and nunchuk. New gimmick icons also enhance the gameplay, particularly the frozen arrows (which require two successful foot stomps) and confusion blocks.
  3. DDR Hottest Party is the quintessential game in the series. . It gives you quite a workout, and the new features are truly new and make it worth a purchase. Don’t miss this one.