Deadly Creatures Wii

• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Feb 9, 2009
8.7

1. Jan 13, 2016
    Deadly Creature is based on an unique idea, play a "real" spider or scorpion, first things first the graphics are pretty good for a Wii game specially all the creatures that move in a realistic way but the game is also too dark, even with the light set at its maximum on the screen there was still corners I couldn't see a thing.

The story is surprisingly well told and provide some

The story is surprisingly well told and provide some continuity to the levels with a very good ending, but don't expect something that will shake you up either, you don't want to buy this game for the story. Especially because the game is very short, approximately 7 hours to finish it and even there you'll revisit some locations.

Now concerning the gameplay, the two creatures have different style with the scorpion that is more like a tank while the spider would be a rogue if we described them as in a RPG, the controls are responsive and the combos are easy to do. Unfortunately the camera is a little flawed, especially when climbing on walls and can be annoying during combat.

In conclusion the game is an interesting but very short and repetitive experience that doesn't shine neither from its story or gameplay and therefore I would not advice it for everybody, but if the concept appeals to you then you should have a try as it is in no way broken and will provide some fun.
  2. Sep 2, 2011
    Deadly Creatures, is certainly trying to be different, making youm play as a spider and a scorpion is a novel enough twist, and the world is well realised. But, underneath this, DC is just an average beat 'em up with clunky-ish platofrming, just one that does something different, which allows it to stand out against samey movie tie-ins. And, for the lower price since it's fairly old now,Deadly Creatures, is certainly trying to be different, making youm play as a spider and a scorpion is a novel enough twist, and the world is well realised. But, underneath this, DC is just an average beat 'em up with clunky-ish platofrming, just one that does something different, which allows it to stand out against samey movie tie-ins. And, for the lower price since it's fairly old now, it's worth picking up for a game-starved Wii-owner. Expand
  3. Dec 1, 2010
    Well I'll be damned. I've been eyeballing this one for a long time and finally picked it up on sale. Who knew that it was good enough to warrant full price. If I had known that the game was this creative and looked this good I would have picked it up back when it first came out. Still, it's good to save a buck and I'm glad it went on sale, otherwise I might not have tried this surprisinglyWell I'll be damned. I've been eyeballing this one for a long time and finally picked it up on sale. Who knew that it was good enough to warrant full price. If I had known that the game was this creative and looked this good I would have picked it up back when it first came out. Still, it's good to save a buck and I'm glad it went on sale, otherwise I might not have tried this surprisingly good game. Expand
  4. JohnSmith
    Aug 28, 2009
    Graphics are quite good, for the wii. what i love about deadly creatures, is that it's virtually impossible to replicate. that's what makes video games good. the more surreal it is, the more potential it has.
    the weird thing is though, i find it quite creepy when spiders climb on me, but i just felt haunted while climbing over that guys leg.
  5. AllistairEverett
    Jun 12, 2009
    This was a really disappointing game. I like the concept but it just isn't aesthetically pleasing, fun, or varied enough to warrant anything more than a rental. This is basically God of War for kids except the controls are bad, the levels are ugly, and the gameplay is far too repetitive.
  6. LarryL.
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is one of the most creative, intelligent, aestheticlly pleasing and captivating video games I've ever seen. It's one of the best video games to have ever been released!
  7. JaviA.
    Feb 23, 2009
    This has been a really refreshing game to play. It's unlike anything I've seen and its interesting how I can feel scaled down and bug like while playing. I'm consumed by this world.

#54 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#66 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

This is a game for Wii owners who want something refreshingly different. It's powered by a dark, intelligent storyline, boasts great production values through and through, and features smart, fun controls (that use the Wii remote well), not to mention some unexpectedly engrossing exploration elements.
  2. Deadly Creatures isn’t quite spectacular, but it is a solid experience that never runs out of ideas and will keep throwing in surprises, satisfying combat, and a decent challenge.
  3. For gamers looking for something different on the Wii, this might be the ticket – provided that you’re willing to cope with the unpolished mechanics.