Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter Wii

• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2009
6.0

1. Nov 18, 2016
    Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter for the Wii was a huge disappointment for me. I absolutely LOVED the DS version of the game, so after finding out that there was a Wii version, you could imagine that I was stoked that I could get it at GameStop for three bucks. That was when I didn't know that low price tags were reserved for the bad games.
    To start, the story of the Wii game is far
    To start, the story of the Wii game is far different from its DS sibling. Mari is the mayor and all that, true, but there's nothing about all of the color being taken by Wilfre, and the grand adventure you have to take to save your friends and the color that Wilfre took. I've actually forgotten the story of the Wii game, probably because the game nearly bored me to death.
    The game brings back a series staple; drawing your playable character. And they ruined it this time around. The motion controls are such an unstable mess that you'll end up just recoloring one of the templates.
    Oh, and that's another two things this game has ruined. One, the templates, and two, coloring. The templates are just... just bland, uninspired, and sad. I hated all of them. And coloring was straight up broken. Wanna use the fill bucket? Nope. It ends up coloring parts that you didn't intend to color, so you have to color manually using the stupid motion controls. You know what dead peripheral would have been perfect for this game? The UDraw game tablet. It would've made drawing MUCH less of a headache. But noooooo, motion controls are just the best option for drawing.
    And after you spend all of your time and effort on characters that look somewhat decent, the game has to break the models. That's right. The game has a horrible glitch that makes the limbs of the character screwed up. If you've played this game before, chances are this has happened to you too.
    I believe the glitch activates when you load another save file, which you'll probably end up doing if you want your friends to try out this game. And, guess what? YOU CAN'T FIX IT. All that effort, all that hard work, for nothing. It's all ruined, and you regret every decision you've ever made.
    Enough of the saltiness about the drawing, (which is a freaking core mechanic of the game) let's talk about the gameplay. Well, I say, "gameplay," but it's more like "gamechore."
    It's not that the game plays BADLY, (it actually plays really well) it's just repetitive and boring. The levels are so unbearably long and monotonous that you'll probably be fighting sleep trying to finish it. I certainly was. And the enemies are cheap. For some reason, it's extremely hard to do a classic Mario and jump on certain enemies' heads. And as far as I know, that's the only option for combat in the air.
    Remember how awesome the DS game was for giving you three weapons to choose from, upgrades for each one, new attacks you can purchase, and removing the "one weapon per world" gimmick? NOPE. This game has even less than that. Can't buy weapons, can't buy new attacks, doesn't even have that gimmick from the first game (unless you count the dumb things you draw for your character to do something specific for that level.) Your only attack options are jumping, punching, and ground pounding.
    This game has multiplayer! It sucks! That's the gist of it. If you have the game, grab a friend and see for yourself!
    Now, if I had to say one good thing about the game, it would be it's presentation. The graphics are actually pretty nice; the 3D models and environments are well put together, all the colors are appealing to the eyes, and it has a nice-though repetitive- soundtrack.
    This game was very disappointing. I was hoping for a great adventure that I would enjoy, but it ended up being one of the worst games I've played. I don't recommend it, and I can still hear the three dollars I spent on this game taunting me for my mistake, wherever they are.

1. Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter just doesn't cut it. It's a bare-bones jumper with some interesting, if flawed, drawing mechanics that just bump it into the 'slightly above average' pile.
  2. The newest Drawn to Life is nothing more than a fair game, with a bunch of new additions. The wii version's set for children, with lovely graphics and simple gameplay mechanics. Anyone will be able to enjoy the game but don't expect too much from it.
  3. It's not the Wii's LittleBigPlanet. Nor does it offer the creative freedom of Scribblenauts, but it is a fun, quality platformer that's more challenging than its cute, Klonoa-esque exterior suggests. It's too hard for young children, but everyone else should enjoy it, even disillusioned hardcore Wii owners.