DRiiFT Mania Wii

• Release Date: Sep 28, 2009
8.0

1. MarkCosmic
    Sep 30, 2009
    Me & my boys have played this non-stop since we dowloaded it, fantastic topdown retro fun, I grew up near an arcade with the orignal Black & White Atari Sprint so I'm well into this. Sadly we've unlocked everything after a couple of weeks but it's still got high replay value. Hope they do an extra track expansion pack !
  2. TaikoSteve
    Sep 29, 2009
    This is classic top down racing like you used to see in arcade titles like Iron Man or even in NES classics like Micromachines.
    The price is totally worth it. The graphics are nice, the ammount of game play is excellent for the price, and the 8 person multi player is great. Also, there are a lot of vehicle types to unlock which gives the game a good run of single player fun as well.

The negative stuff that keeps me from rating it a 10 is no wifi and it would have been fun to have some Iron Man type features with purchasing tires, nitros, and additional tracks-- but its and $8 title--- so in that aspect, its amazing for what you get.

But that stuff a side, this is one of the better Wiiware titles out there. If you use your wii for local party gaming its a must have...and if you're into some casual single player racing-- also a must have.

#89 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009

1. At its core Driift Mania is a nice slice of nostalgia and a racing game that's all about fun. A higher level of customisability and a more relevant single-player mode would have been nice, but as it stands solo players still have a great offering in three multiplayer modes they can enjoy on their own.
  2. Micro Machines remains to be beaten, but this top-down racer is still fun if you have enough friends.
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    Takes an old genre and breathes new life into it. Top-down racing hasn't been this fun in ages. [Oct 2009, p.86]