8.1

1. Nov 16, 2010
    Although not yet launched I see EA Sports are using the same rubbish tension band that they used in the original EA Active game. They tear easily and when I contacted EA Sports they said the warranty was only for 30 days but were willing to sell me another for an exorbitant amount of money. I bought one on Ebay for £4 and have used it daily for over a year and its still intact. The original Nunchuck holder has also fallen apart and you can only get them from guess who? I hope the new games are more responsive than the original. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    Look at this. Yet another sports game for the Wii. I don't know about anyone else but it seems like the Wii is just coming out with sports game after sports game and nothing else. If this is really what the Wii is all about, then that's kind of pathetic. You should check out Super Mario Galaxy or Sonic Colors instead.
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    EA Sports Active 2 will give you a pretty good workout, but it could be so much better. Major problems: - A lot of the exercises, have too long a rest delay between each rep. That is an unforgivable flaw in a program that is supposed to get your heart rate up. - If you do a cardio exercise fast, it will just ignore a lot of your reps. - Long load delays between each exercise. - The controller and balance board will pause the program in the middle of an exercise if left idle.
    - There are exercises that require you to have hand weights and the controller in your hand at the same time. It can be awkward.
    Niggling errors that should have been picked up:
    - If there is an accessory needed for an exercise, the title screen will omit the workout progress bar.
    - The tally trophies are all set at an arbitrary count of 1,000, even when it

1. Fun, but if you're not obsessed with your heart rate, the original's similar - and cheaper. [Jan 2011, p.78]
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Despite many new entries into the fitness genre, EA Active remains above its competition. EA Active 2 brings a host of new exercises to the mix, great new motion accessories that are more accurate, a very welcome heart rate monitor and robust online integration. The only drawback I find is that versions on other consoles take better advantage of newer motion technologies.
  3. Jan 4, 2011
    Get active with EA Sports Active 2! Hard workout with some control hick-ups, yet among the Wii fitness games it gets your power and stamina up the fastest. And it's still cheaper than going to the gym.