8.1

1. Dec 14, 2010
    I attached a3 ft. USB ( Female to Male ) cable to the USB port (on the Wii) and plugged the Wireless adaptor into that. I let it hang in front of the Wii Console well below the TV. This solved most of the problems I was having with loosing connection with the heart rate monitor and leg monitor. I keep a standard WII controller on top of a near by lounge chair. If I loose connection I press the "A" button and I am quickly back in business. This setup makes a rare lost connection a very minor annoyance. I find the program to be a very affective winter time work out and highly recommend it. Expand
  2. Jan 6, 2011
    If I tuck my WiiMote in the back of my waistband during all but the jumping/running exercises (especially the 10 min. Step Aerobics I do alot), it will not time out! Eventually I'm going to make some kind of holster. You can imagine where it goes during high intensity jumps/runs! Right down the leg!
  3. Feb 9, 2011
    EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii is the gold standard for an exercise program, and it blows the Wii Fit franchise out of the competition.

Here is why:

1) Active 2 pretty much frees you from holding the Wii remote, except for certain exercises where it is logical and needed. The result: Freedom. You can use hand weights instead of the flimsy exercise bands and the Active 2 even shows you
    working out with weights. Fantastic. No more nunchuck tangles and exercise-cord limitations. The Wii remote is still used for hand movements like basketball shooting, and that's fine.

I have two sets of hand weights I use for the weight routines, 5 pounds and 8 pounds. It depends on the exercise. But now I can get the workout out I want and not be limited by the bands.

2) The heart rate monitor is an incredible achievement, on the par with the Wii balance board (which, by the way, I don't bother using with Active 2). You get incredible feedback when you see your heart rate rising from 65 (resting) to 150+ during the harder cardio exercises.

3) Active 2 now offers more complete exercise routines, with more logical warm-ups and cool-downs focusing on stretching.

4) Active 2 incorporates more traditional on-the-floor exercises, such as push-ups and leg lifts, that the original skipped. That captures some of the most-needed content of Wii Fit.

5) The music and presentation are a nice step up from the original Active.

The one negative is that the programmed weeks-long workouts require you to choose the days of the week you will exercise, and it is inflexible. Sorry, but in real life we need to skip a day here and there and catch up a day early, here and there. (But you can still do trainer generated workouts outside the structured program, at least.)

I am pretty amazed by Active 2. The heart-rate monitor is a fantastic advance, and the exercises are a lot more sophisticated and well structured.

This program will motivate you.
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    By far the most comprehensive exercise game on the Wii. Accurate motion sensors, a heart rate monitor and a rich online presence really keep you motivated to continue exercising. There are some faults which have been pointed out already, but really those are niggles in what is an excellent product. It the discounted price you can get it for it's an absolute bargain.
  5. Jul 23, 2013
    A bit under Wii Fit in terms of having fun, but works wonderfully. After playing a few weeks on it, "EA Sports Active 2" gave a boost of lessening calories and is worth buying. A worthy fitness video game!

1. Fun, but if you're not obsessed with your heart rate, the original's similar - and cheaper. [Jan 2011, p.78]
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Despite many new entries into the fitness genre, EA Active remains above its competition. EA Active 2 brings a host of new exercises to the mix, great new motion accessories that are more accurate, a very welcome heart rate monitor and robust online integration. The only drawback I find is that versions on other consoles take better advantage of newer motion technologies.
  3. Jan 4, 2011
    Get active with EA Sports Active 2! Hard workout with some control hick-ups, yet among the Wii fitness games it gets your power and stamina up the fastest. And it's still cheaper than going to the gym.