EA Sports Active Wii

8.8

1. KristyBrown
    Jun 28, 2009
    I bought the wii active about 2 wks ago and i love it. the first time i tried it i was sweating and my heart rate was really increased as if i was doing cardio at the gym. i also bought the wii fit afterward to compare the two. i have noticed that wii active is a better overall workout but i use them together. i use the wii fit first to get my bmi and then my weight. i also use it to doI bought the wii active about 2 wks ago and i love it. the first time i tried it i was sweating and my heart rate was really increased as if i was doing cardio at the gym. i also bought the wii fit afterward to compare the two. i have noticed that wii active is a better overall workout but i use them together. i use the wii fit first to get my bmi and then my weight. i also use it to do yoga and a few strength training excercises to start my workout. i then switch to the wii active and by then im in the mood to workout and pretty warmed up. i get a better cardio workout with the wii active and usually the next day i am sore. i agree with someone's review that i read earlier that it could have been a little better to have a variety of resistance bands so that as you get stronger you could move on to the ones with more resistance but that can be purchased seperatley. also like other games on the wii, sometimes it doesnt read the motion correctly and will tell you to keep still or slow down when you are merely trying to catch your balance or trying to get into the right position for the excercise,but other than that i love it and recommend it to others who want a fun way to workout. Expand
  2. Mel
    May 30, 2009
    I love this game, it's a fantastic workout. Really get's you sweating. It makes the Wii-Fit look pathetic.
    The resistance band really delivers. It uses the balance board well, although you can do all the exercises without it if you don't have one.
    The exercises are varied and there is lot's of custom workout's to try. You can choose what parts of your body you want to work out and how intense the training is. I like seeing how many calories ive burned too.
    I love it and it works!
  3. carlose
    May 22, 2009
    Much better than I expected, you can burn almost 400 cals in a hour which is only 100-200 less than a gym and no awkward bus journeys getting changed or even leaving the house. Puts wii fit to shame.
  4. TonyO
    May 26, 2009
    Very well thought out and excellent for working out at home. The wii fit doesn't come close to this. Highly enjoyable and a true sense of accomplishment after playing.
  5. MM
    May 26, 2009
    Nice break from the Wii fit. Takes some time to get use to the correct way to hold the Wii remote and Nunchuck, but very rewarding! Goodbye workout DVD's. Nintendo has come up with much more interesting solutions. Video games + exercise means a workout that's fun and challenging.
  6. NateB
    Jun 11, 2009
    Though it takes some getting used to in terms of learning the exercises and positions, this is the definitive exercise program on the Wii to date. Definitely recommended over Wii Fit. In EA Sports Active you can work out with a friend, customize workouts, keep a journal of your dietary and exercise habits and earn in game trophies that help you feel accomplished about keeping up with your Though it takes some getting used to in terms of learning the exercises and positions, this is the definitive exercise program on the Wii to date. Definitely recommended over Wii Fit. In EA Sports Active you can work out with a friend, customize workouts, keep a journal of your dietary and exercise habits and earn in game trophies that help you feel accomplished about keeping up with your regimen. My only complaint, and really this is with the Wii overall, is that some exercises don't seem to pick up on the movements of the remote or nunchuck accurately. The inline skating is a great example of this. Additionally, the band included doesn't have a high resistance level, however this problem is quickly remedied by purchasing a stronger resistance band (the xertube or others work great) off amazon for only $10. Expand
  7. NK
    Aug 23, 2009
    Great got me working out. I went now twice through the 30 day challenge and my girlfriend days it shows. The trophies don't last long enough though I nearly got them all and after 30 days you can essentially only choose to do it again or go to a self selected routine which means there is a danger to avoid certain routines or fall back into old habits. The beauty of a long termGreat got me working out. I went now twice through the 30 day challenge and my girlfriend days it shows. The trophies don't last long enough though I nearly got them all and after 30 days you can essentially only choose to do it again or go to a self selected routine which means there is a danger to avoid certain routines or fall back into old habits. The beauty of a long term selected work out is that someone knowing what they do fitness-wise choose it for you. So I guess I will be off to my third 30 day challenge. Expand
  8. Oct 7, 2011
    I bought the game EA Active and I absolutely love it , I am 25 years old and 100 pounds over weight and was about to give up on everything Ive tried and a friend suggested this game to me, so I got it and I am on day 7 and have already lost 6 pounds !! Im eating right and doing the 30 day challenge and on my rest days I make my own workout which is usually walk/run and heavy bag boxingI bought the game EA Active and I absolutely love it , I am 25 years old and 100 pounds over weight and was about to give up on everything Ive tried and a friend suggested this game to me, so I got it and I am on day 7 and have already lost 6 pounds !! Im eating right and doing the 30 day challenge and on my rest days I make my own workout which is usually walk/run and heavy bag boxing which I love. I never thought I would be able to find something I could do in my home that actually worked and that I love so much. All I have to say is keep up the Wii Active people and you will see results !! I will not stop until this weight is off me :) I thank you EA Sports and Wii for making this game !!! Your a life saver Expand

1. You can really feel the burn with this collection of exercises and sports-themed challenges.
  2. EA Sports Active has not jumped on any bandwagons; instead, it has set a new bar for what exercise games should be. After one week, I can already see and feel results, and I have every intention of finishing out my 30-day challenge, as well as sticking with it beyond the initial 30-day period.
    Had the game's controls been better reconciled with Wii's limited capabilities I might have been able to give EA Sports Active a solid recommendation, both for its high ambitions and the impressive number of customizable features. But due to shaky controls, I'm going to give it a shaky thumbs-up instead.