Excite Truck Wii

8.4

1. AS
    Nov 3, 2008
    Best racer on the Wii. Graphics are amazing especially the effects and blur. Sound and music are excellent. Controls work PERFECTLY.....and most of all the game is insanely fun! Gameplay is like a rollercoaster with super fast trucks and huge air. EASILY the best racer on the Wii. Ignore the negative reviews....this game is just so fun to play not to mention look at.
  2. BenihanaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Not a bad driver game. Great use of the controller...My wife and I have a lot of laughs watching everybody lean left/right when they are steering, or better yet, what happens when you get excited and pull up....overall we like it.
  3. MickeyM
    Oct 8, 2008
    Brilliant game, not a simulation racing game but more of an arcade style kind of game and is loads of fun. Overall it is one of the very best racing games I've ever played.
  4. Jun 4, 2012
    A sheer fun, unique high speed racing game, which requires arcade-like skill and precision to land ridiculous stunts and combos and gain an advantage in the race. You've never played a racing game quite like this, and I guarantee it's fun as hell. Screw realism, this has perfect gameplay and will keep you on the edge of your seat. The longevity of the game is also excellent - getting goldA sheer fun, unique high speed racing game, which requires arcade-like skill and precision to land ridiculous stunts and combos and gain an advantage in the race. You've never played a racing game quite like this, and I guarantee it's fun as hell. Screw realism, this has perfect gameplay and will keep you on the edge of your seat. The longevity of the game is also excellent - getting gold medal can be quite the challenge. Your vehicle will race at the speed of a jet and you will tilt the remote to hover mad amounts of time in the sky and land right in front of a vehicle 5 seconds later after having earned a 5 star bonus for hover, then you will at the last minute make a sheer turn and barely avoid a tree after getting the nitro powerup and destroying an entire forest leaving it in a blaze as you fast track to first, barely knowing what just happened. Expand
  5. DK
    Aug 22, 2007
    This game is boring. You MIGHT enjoy it for the first 2 minutes but then you'll just be bored. Lacks a good lasting single player and a has horrible multiplayer. You might want to rent it, but dont pay $50 for it.
  6. Jan 20, 2012
    An interesting game because of the control of the wiimote, it lacks content though and is as most wii games very ugly. The controls aren't that great though and there isn't really any depth in the game.
  7. AlvarH
    Jun 10, 2008
    A must have for any Wii owner. There is much more to this game than most people are aware of. It takes some time. Keep playing - there is a lot to open up.
  8. AlexS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    I'm not a big fan of racing games, but this game was a completely different experience. The only place for improvement is that the stages are all about the same thing.
  9. NickC.
    Apr 18, 2007
    8.5 Excite Truck is probably the best racing game out for the Wii right now. When I first bought it, I picked up a couple racing wheels as well, which i highly recommend to do. While it doesn't have the greatest graphics (what wii game does), its high speed feel (almost like burnout revenge) makes it an instant winner. My biggest complaint is that the multi-player sucks. The split 8.5 Excite Truck is probably the best racing game out for the Wii right now. When I first bought it, I picked up a couple racing wheels as well, which i highly recommend to do. While it doesn't have the greatest graphics (what wii game does), its high speed feel (almost like burnout revenge) makes it an instant winner. My biggest complaint is that the multi-player sucks. The split screen cuts out way too much of your screen for the high speeds that you're driving at. You can see the end of a corner until you're already past it making steering in multi-player a royal pain. The single player, however is awesome. It addicts you within the first 10 mins you are playing (Unfortunately you need to go through a tutorial first). Expand
  10. SimonG.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This game is good. It
  11. SimonY
    Mar 6, 2008
    8.5. The most underated game ever. The controlsd are great the tracks are great, and the racing is great. People say it is short, but it has lots of replay value, with about 20 tracks (more than the critically claimed F-Zero), with 2 difficulty modes and a challenge mode with 2 difficulty modes. But the real fun is in acheiving S ranks in every track and completing the numerous 360 style 8.5. The most underated game ever. The controlsd are great the tracks are great, and the racing is great. People say it is short, but it has lots of replay value, with about 20 tracks (more than the critically claimed F-Zero), with 2 difficulty modes and a challenge mode with 2 difficulty modes. But the real fun is in acheiving S ranks in every track and completing the numerous 360 style acheivements, with loads of unlockables. Expand
  12. ArmyKid
    Nov 24, 2006
    Very fun game showcasing the abilities of the Wii. Needs online multiplayer support.
  13. ChachiK.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Despite the negative reviews from the mainstream gaming media, I picked up this game and I am so glad that I did. It's a ton of fun! The controls are awesome, the graphics are very detailed and smooth as silk, and the gameplay is intense! The custom soundtrack is a very welcome addition to a Nintendo console game. Overall, Excite Truck is a fantastic launch title for the Wii. 2 Despite the negative reviews from the mainstream gaming media, I picked up this game and I am so glad that I did. It's a ton of fun! The controls are awesome, the graphics are very detailed and smooth as silk, and the gameplay is intense! The custom soundtrack is a very welcome addition to a Nintendo console game. Overall, Excite Truck is a fantastic launch title for the Wii. 2 points deducted for lack of online play and for the limited number of locales. Expand
  14. LiR.
    Nov 30, 2007
    Unlike other's ratings here, I actually thought the game was boring at the start (though an interesting novelty as my dad actually managed to play better than me when first playing). The game does pick up as you gain mastery of it learning to do stunts (spinning is quite frustrating at times though). You become hooked trying to top the scores as it's more about who gets the most Unlike other's ratings here, I actually thought the game was boring at the start (though an interesting novelty as my dad actually managed to play better than me when first playing). The game does pick up as you gain mastery of it learning to do stunts (spinning is quite frustrating at times though). You become hooked trying to top the scores as it's more about who gets the most points than who lands in first (though ranking higher yields extra points). I give this game a high 8, being hindered only by it's lacking multiplayer offerings (there's just a simple 2 player race with no computer opponents and the screen should be split horizontally or offer the choice but it's nowhere there). Hopefully they'll learn form this past experience and build a sequel, with continued MP3 support, more multiplayer (and hopefully online) options and greater number of tracks and trucks. Very fun game, you MUST PLAY IT at least once even as a rental. Expand
  15. ThomasL.
    Jan 7, 2007
    I have been playing video games for 20+ years and I normally steer clear of racing games. To me there just isn't much difference between Need For Speed, PGR, and the original Ridge Racer (or F-Zero for that matter). With the exception of extras and upgrades they're all the same...turn here, dodge there, come in first place to advance. For the first time in a long time, there is I have been playing video games for 20+ years and I normally steer clear of racing games. To me there just isn't much difference between Need For Speed, PGR, and the original Ridge Racer (or F-Zero for that matter). With the exception of extras and upgrades they're all the same...turn here, dodge there, come in first place to advance. For the first time in a long time, there is something different in a racing game. People can call the Wiimote gimmicky all they want, but Excite Truck proves that the Wii can breathe new life into a normally monotonous genre (at least for those of us who have become tired of the same old thing). Expand
  16. B.Jones
    Feb 12, 2007
    Maybe it's getting a 9 because of how much I played in the first few days that I had it. It is amazing, excellent, thrilling fun. I enjoyed every stage in every difficulty. However, I beat the game in three days, and that is why it has the 9 and not the 10, which it would have easily merited if it were longer. Great, great fun and highly suggested.
  17. DavidR.
    Feb 14, 2007
    This game's easily one of the most underrated titles for the Wii.Surprisingly accurate controls,challenging levels and tons of unlockables. Anyone can pick-up-and-play this title. One complaint though,it seems that the developers wanted you to have a guaranteed crash in this game because it's nearly impossible not to crash in each race. If you're even remotely interested in This game's easily one of the most underrated titles for the Wii.Surprisingly accurate controls,challenging levels and tons of unlockables. Anyone can pick-up-and-play this title. One complaint though,it seems that the developers wanted you to have a guaranteed crash in this game because it's nearly impossible not to crash in each race. If you're even remotely interested in a racing title for the Wii,pick this one up. Make sure not to mistake it for GT pro series or monster 4x4 though. Collapse
  18. PhillipV.
    Mar 26, 2007
    This game is actually very good and deserves better recognition then the gaming industry gave it.
  19. AndrewB.
    Mar 5, 2007
    This game is really good fun. If you like Burnout Revenge, it has that same sort of feel, but the tilt controller feels very natural and really adds to the experience. I was slightly underwhelmed to begin with, but once you get the feel, it really grabs you. The gfx are actually very nice too - everything can get insanely fast at times which I was surprised at.
  20. DanielD.
    Jul 2, 2007
    Fantastic intuitive control scheme that, once you go through the required tutorial, becomes second nature makes for a really enjoyable experience that only takes minutes to pick up and get used to before you go flying through the air and drifting around corners all night to your own custom soundtrack.
  21. RikkoS.
    Nov 20, 2006
    After my first play I was thinking I really didn't enjoy this title.. I loved Excite Bike back in the day but don't especially like racing games one bit... The next day I took it to a friend's house to show off my Wii.. Also not a gamer, we somehow lost 7 hours of our day to Excite Truck, and I've reversed and decided it's potentially the best launch title for the After my first play I was thinking I really didn't enjoy this title.. I loved Excite Bike back in the day but don't especially like racing games one bit... The next day I took it to a friend's house to show off my Wii.. Also not a gamer, we somehow lost 7 hours of our day to Excite Truck, and I've reversed and decided it's potentially the best launch title for the Wii! The sound effects, visual cues, sense of speed, and music are stunning and make it just as fun to watch as to play. The custom soundtrack is just a great added bonus - copy MP3 files onto your SD card and insert them into the Wii and you can choose to play those songs (up to 100) during races instead of the included hard rock tunes. A terrific party game (even if only watching single player!), but not the best bet if you play alone. Expand
  22. SteveW.
    Dec 7, 2006
    This game is alot of fun. The controlls work great, whether your making small adjustments to stay on track, or your drifting through a long winding turn the game reads the pitch of the controller very well. Adding your own soundtrack is great. Its definitely a feature I would like to see in future arcade style games for the wii. I would have given it a 10 but the menus are bland, the game This game is alot of fun. The controlls work great, whether your making small adjustments to stay on track, or your drifting through a long winding turn the game reads the pitch of the controller very well. Adding your own soundtrack is great. Its definitely a feature I would like to see in future arcade style games for the wii. I would have given it a 10 but the menus are bland, the game is a little short and it would have more replay value if it was able to be played by 4 people, not just 2. I hope Nintendo makes a sequel, maybe even an excite bike for the Wii. Expand
  23. MattW.
    Jan 2, 2007
    Thanks to its fresh control scheme, colourful graphics, and fast gameplay, make Excite Truck a game than easily runs over, and creams the competition.
  24. BradM.
    Jan 5, 2007
    Best racing game for the Wii so far. The steering control is flawless and the placement of accelerator, brake and boost buttons is intuitive. Tilting the controller to land flat for extra boost is a nice touch. The fact that my 8 year old was able to play it right out of the box is great if you have kids. The ability to change the terrain also makes it different from other standard racing Best racing game for the Wii so far. The steering control is flawless and the placement of accelerator, brake and boost buttons is intuitive. Tilting the controller to land flat for extra boost is a nice touch. The fact that my 8 year old was able to play it right out of the box is great if you have kids. The ability to change the terrain also makes it different from other standard racing games. Kudos to Nintendo for getting this game ready and polished in time for the Wii launch. Expand
  25. IanU.
    Feb 26, 2007
    Slightly underrated - this is an exciting racer with tight controls and decent visuals. The music is bad, so just fill up your SD card with your favorite rock or dance music to enhance the experience.
  26. RobG.
    Mar 10, 2007
    Apart from it's brevity this is a surprisingly robust title. The game is fun people! Fun has been missing for a long time. There isn't much challenge, but the multiplayer is great. One of the current downfalls of the Wii is the lack of online capabilities, which would make this a fantastic game. The graphics are refreshingly 'real' compared to the cartoony look of many Apart from it's brevity this is a surprisingly robust title. The game is fun people! Fun has been missing for a long time. There isn't much challenge, but the multiplayer is great. One of the current downfalls of the Wii is the lack of online capabilities, which would make this a fantastic game. The graphics are refreshingly 'real' compared to the cartoony look of many Nintendo games and quite good to boot. Definitely try this game, but only buy if you expect to play multiplayer. Expand
  27. Fred
    Mar 4, 2007
    Nothing much to add to the other user comments, except to say that if this game had better multiplayer options and online, it would be a 10 no question.
  28. Maciej
    Apr 12, 2007
    Best game on the Wii. The controls feel natural and accurate while the game play is smooth and very very fast. Don't bother with any other driving games because they are rubbish. Excite Truck is the only option!
  29. BlueFalcon
    Jun 4, 2007
    Pros = 1. Excellent unique control with motion sensor. 2. Fun gameplay. 3. Good gameplay balance with powerups and track design. Cons = 1. Poor graphics even by GameCube standards. 2. Sparce features. 3. Souless and generic design. 4. Bad catchup/elastic band ai. 5. Poor multiplayer.
  30. JonA.
    Jan 29, 2008
    This game is absolutely awesome and justifies the sole presence of the console in your living room.
  31. Ande
    Jun 14, 2008
    I got 'ET'cos mario karts sold out!good game, reminds me of the very first burnout on the gamecube. great rush,new ip,fun and smashes. Only a bit of spit and polish could improve iit.worth 12 quid at gamesation.
  32. CliveM
    Nov 11, 2008
    This is the best driving games I've played on the Wii. Quality graphics, and great control make this a must have for any racer fan. This game is severely underrated.
  33. DonfuyE
    Apr 26, 2009
    Absolutely marvelous. Fast and exciting, and really good replay value, for the sake of highscoring. It lacks multiplayer though -- a major drawback.
  34. bhdsde
    Nov 29, 2007
    The controls of this game are exellent and very easily got used to. Definitly the best racing game on the wii. The main reason I have given it a 10 is because it is SO FUN. When I first got it I couldn't stop playing on it. The only downfall of this game is the graphics which are average and the layout of 2 player. Otherwis this game is EXELLENT. A game you must have for your wii.
  35. Mar 3, 2012
    this game is freaking awesome you go freaking like 100 miles an hour making jumps that are like 1000 off of the ground with awesome levels and cars this one of the best games on the wii period
  36. Jan 2, 2014
    Very good racer. The controls are near perfect, the graphics are beautiful for a Wii game and it let's you listen to your own music (MP3's on SD-Card). The only reason I'm no giving this game a 10 is the splitscreen 2player mode which is sperated by a vertical line and this makes playing with a friend more difficult than it should be. Still I have to say the 2player mode is good enough toVery good racer. The controls are near perfect, the graphics are beautiful for a Wii game and it let's you listen to your own music (MP3's on SD-Card). The only reason I'm no giving this game a 10 is the splitscreen 2player mode which is sperated by a vertical line and this makes playing with a friend more difficult than it should be. Still I have to say the 2player mode is good enough to be worth your time.
    If you own a Wii and you're into arcade-style-racing you should definitly get this

#5 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#12 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

1. Excite Truck is a very fun, fast, and – dare I say it – exciting return to grass roots arcade style racing. There no tuning to worry about, no license tests, and no underground street cred here. All of those things can be found elsewhere. Excite Truck is just about racing, and it excels in this regard.
  2. As undeniably fun as this game is, its downfall is its lack of depth. You can burn through the initial difficulty setting in the career mode in a couple hours.
  3. Ultimately, Excite Truck feels more like a tech demo than a full-fledged game.