8.2

1. Oct 22, 2010
    Excitebike: World Rally is better than the original, but it is a little boring nowadays. The game only gives a few generic courses to play and they are way too easy. The Wii Remote held on its side works the best to play this game. There is a really cool track created though that is simple and easy to use. One complaint is that for some reason, there is an online mode but no localExcitebike: World Rally is better than the original, but it is a little boring nowadays. The game only gives a few generic courses to play and they are way too easy. The Wii Remote held on its side works the best to play this game. There is a really cool track created though that is simple and easy to use. One complaint is that for some reason, there is an online mode but no local multiplayer. By the way, the graphics are terrible and unacceptable but the music is okay, if a little repetitive. Excitebike: World Rally is a decent game and should be played by anyone who enjoyed the original. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    "Anyone who thinks this game isn't an improvement over the original needs to go back and play it after playing this game to see just how much better this is."

Had to quote this previous reviewer because this is right on - I went back and played the original after playing Excitebike: World Rally for several hours straight, and WOW: this one ruined the original for me, which I never thought would happen. That's how much better this version is, and how much I love it.

My *only* complaint is that they removed the ability to deliberately wreck yourself by leaning too far backwards. Yep, that's all I've got. Buy this game, it's uber retro goodness whether you played the original Excitebike or not

1. "Excite Bike: World Rally" has great controls and is a successful upgrade to the original version. The graphics are crisp, the new controls option is easy to pick up, and it offers unlockable content and the track editor to keep players coming back.
  2. Monster Games has made a nice work with the latest version of Excitebike, being exactly the same game that we enjoyed 20 years ago on NES. The graphics are just fine, just like the gameplay style that hasn't change at all. If you want to find a nice arcade experience for the Wii, go get it. Its price's the best reason you've got to do it, considering it's an WiiWare exclusive.
  3. A pleasant update to an NES classic, and one that's well worth a download.