F1 2009 Wii

7.2

1. JeffL
    Dec 1, 2009
    I love racing games, but only have a Wii - was really looking forward to both this and the new Need For Speed game (Nitro) - I have to say, while i'm a F1 fan, NFS Nitro is a much better Wii game, better graphics, better sense of speed, love the cops and customization, but best of all is the multi player career mode is really fun, I play with my 7 year old son (i'm still able to I love racing games, but only have a Wii - was really looking forward to both this and the new Need For Speed game (Nitro) - I have to say, while i'm a F1 fan, NFS Nitro is a much better Wii game, better graphics, better sense of speed, love the cops and customization, but best of all is the multi player career mode is really fun, I play with my 7 year old son (i'm still able to beat him!) Expand

#34 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#58 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

Delicious handling and a palpable sense of speed combine to make a game that's unique on the Wii, and while there's a feeling of an opportunity missed with the licence, for fans of the sport deprived of an F1 game for so many years this does just enough to satiate the thirst.
  2. Once on-track, few F1 games have managed to be as encouraging when it comes to pushing yourself to attack corners and better your lap time, and fewer still have proved as much fun. This may not be the revolution the Formula 1 sub-genre has been waiting for, but you're not likely to find many Wii owners complaining.
  3. F1 2009 reaches the finish, but it's still very far from being a winner. Not a simulator, not an arcade, but yes a reasonable option for gamers looking for F1's speed.