Far Cry Vengeance Wii

• Release Date: Dec 12, 2006
  • Also On: PC
5.3

1. Mar 6, 2013
    A painful compilation of bad controls, abysmally stupid enemy AI, and awful graphics. Far Cry Vengeance barely delivers what most people would consider a "finished game".
  2. SimonG.
    Sep 5, 2007
    Oh Boy! I played this game almost a year after its release. I figured that if I like Red Steel even though the critics were rough I
  3. FredB.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Just plain awful. It isn't worth one cent or one minute of your time. It's not only the graphics that stink (which everyone agrees on), controls are not much better (which some try to make it out to be). If you have any tendency to get nauseous playing 3D FPS, this game will make you puke your guts out in that respect as well.
  4. Nini
    Feb 28, 2007
    If I had to pick a word to describe this game, it would be... "Dreadful". Really. What are the main things we expect from Far Cry? Gorgeous environments? Excellent AI? Well you won't find either of those things here. Look at the ground about 10 metres away. Its just green. Walk forward. 2 metres away, it renders some foliage. Try driving a vehicle. If you can live with 10fps, If I had to pick a word to describe this game, it would be... "Dreadful". Really. What are the main things we expect from Far Cry? Gorgeous environments? Excellent AI? Well you won't find either of those things here. Look at the ground about 10 metres away. Its just green. Walk forward. 2 metres away, it renders some foliage. Try driving a vehicle. If you can live with 10fps, you're a better man than me. The AI is *wait till you get close then shoot badly, repeating uncomprehendable phrases*. Redeeming features: Some of the feral powers are cool, but not really new. Environments are pretty big. So yeah, mostly awful. Expand
  5. KarlP.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Bad graphics, terrible controls, horrible sound! The game looks like a N64 game, the controls are probably the worst I played on the WII by far, if you punch walls they somthings make flesh sounds. Gameplay is ok I guess.
  6. RavenX301
    Jan 17, 2007
    Yes...this game was pretty bad. the controls suck big time and the graphics could have been done on a slightly better N64. However, out of all the consoles the Wii has the most protental. This system is just working out some of the bugs and the developers are just getting used to what people like and what they don't. Tighten the controls and better the graphics and we have a must own Yes...this game was pretty bad. the controls suck big time and the graphics could have been done on a slightly better N64. However, out of all the consoles the Wii has the most protental. This system is just working out some of the bugs and the developers are just getting used to what people like and what they don't. Tighten the controls and better the graphics and we have a must own our hands. Collapse
  7. RichardH.
    Dec 28, 2006
    This game is absolutely terrible. I just hope people don't think this is the fault of the Wii, but rather Ubisofts fault for releasing a badly ported and terrible game. Shame on them. Call of Duty 3 on the Wii, is another port, and yet it manages to not have the same graphical shortcomings and terrible glitches as this, so honestly, what were ubisoft thinking? Dollar signs, I imagine.
  8. ACE5
    Dec 18, 2006
    You can try nintendo, but no matter what you say... "You are a kiddie console !" Just as I and almost everyone else thought... The Wii will be like the Gamecube and the N64, as in most of the best games for the system will be nintendo made games. And more adult oriented games from third parties will suck on this system for at least the first year or two. But by that time most companies You can try nintendo, but no matter what you say... "You are a kiddie console !" Just as I and almost everyone else thought... The Wii will be like the Gamecube and the N64, as in most of the best games for the system will be nintendo made games. And more adult oriented games from third parties will suck on this system for at least the first year or two. But by that time most companies will be moving away from the Wii, and then it's all kiddie games for the rest of the consoles life. This game doesn't play anywhere nearly as good as the 360 version. I didn't love the 360 version or anything, but it plays a lot better than this. I thought the Wii mote would have been ideal for PC type games as essentially you still have a point and click type of gameplay. But somehow I guess that part of the gameplay got lost somewhere. The Wii mote and games like this could have started to bridge the gap between PC gamers and console gamers, but now PC gamers have something to use when they declare that the PC has the best controls..."AGAIN!" Expand

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#7 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

The presentation – everything from the dozens of graphics shortcomings to the sometimes broken AI logic – is just too sloppy and too rushed in this quick-and-dirty Wii incarnation of the classic franchise. A fundamentally solid shooter is hiding somewhere underneath, but good luck finding it between the blurry textures and the sluggish framerate.
  2. Nintendo Power
    The Far Cry series is built largely upon its ability to absorb you in its sun-drenched vistas; subtract that high level of immersion, and you're left with an otherwise unremarkable first-person shooter. [Feb. 2007, p.93]
    The real problem here is the complete disregard for performance. The frame rate drops so frequently that the game is nearly rendered completely unplayable. I can't even imagine how this got through a certification phase prior to release.