7.0

1. Ezekial
    May 16, 2008
    I received this game as a gift from a friend and was rather unsure about touching it after playing the FFCC for GCN and absolutely hating every single part of it. Well it seems they decided to make the game a new genre of game, not quite a strategy game and not quite an RPG. The game isn't difficult at all and has many things that needed to be improved. For sporting a 15$ price tag I I received this game as a gift from a friend and was rather unsure about touching it after playing the FFCC for GCN and absolutely hating every single part of it. Well it seems they decided to make the game a new genre of game, not quite a strategy game and not quite an RPG. The game isn't difficult at all and has many things that needed to be improved. For sporting a 15$ price tag I managed to have 6 hours fly past playing this game as it is very addictive. My only real dislike about the game was the BGM that plays none stop is pretty annoying and you have no real impact on your adventurer's choice for Gil spending. The DLC is also something that strikes me as stupid. The game is quite short, but has replay value and it's easy to learn, and gives you the feeling like you're actually creating your own kingdom. Worth picking up for 1500 Wii Points. Expand

#45 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

My Life as a King's depth is surprising for a downloadable title, and it suggests that this could have been slapped on a DVD and sold at retail price. But such as it is, downloadable is the way to go, and based on the evidence here, the Crystal Chronicles series has a bright future ahead of it.
  2. It features very deep managerial gameplay, which it is easy to become entranced with. This title gives you so many options for gameplay that it is hard to resist the urge to level up your adventurers just one more time, or unlock a certain building before shutting it off.
    I liked My Life as a King more and more as I played it. Sure, it's basically a Final Fantasy game where you stay at home and send other people out to play Final Fantasy. But there is satisfaction to be gained from building a kingdom and keeping your subjects happy.