7.0

1. JillK
    Feb 25, 2009
    I was so excited based on all the reviews to play this game. What a disappointment. The game plays itself. Your character is stuck at the castle while everyone else is sent off to do the exciting stuff which you only hear about in daily reports. Equally annoying is when your character is told it's his bedtime.

#46 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

My Life as a King's depth is surprising for a downloadable title, and it suggests that this could have been slapped on a DVD and sold at retail price. But such as it is, downloadable is the way to go, and based on the evidence here, the Crystal Chronicles series has a bright future ahead of it.
  2. It features very deep managerial gameplay, which it is easy to become entranced with. This title gives you so many options for gameplay that it is hard to resist the urge to level up your adventurers just one more time, or unlock a certain building before shutting it off.
    I liked My Life as a King more and more as I played it. Sure, it's basically a Final Fantasy game where you stay at home and send other people out to play Final Fantasy. But there is satisfaction to be gained from building a kingdom and keeping your subjects happy.