7.1

1. Jul 3, 2011
    An interesting game where you play as a city's king. It pretty much is a real time strategy game where you can talk to the townspeople. very fun, but repetitive.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King is another instalment of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (often abbreviated FFCC) series. The FFCC series has taken a turn for the worst and many of the games have received a countless number of bad reviews. However, My Life as a King breaks away from all the awful reviews and this seems like a decent God-Simulation game. The game-play is totally different from the original game. Where in the original it was an RPG, you fought monsters, travelled a world map... etc; in this game, you control a small settlement, eventually trying to build it up and help it grow to a massive kingdom. To do this, you use crystals that can be found in dungeons full of monsters. Obviously, because you are king you cannot afford to lose your life by setting out so you commission adventurers to do the job. The game is very time-consuming so you need to be very patient and the price tag isn't pretty especially with all the downloadable content. This game isn't essential and its too pricey to recommend but it is surely a game you can enjoy. The sequel, FFCC: My Life as a Darklord isn't too bad either. Expand

My Life as a King's depth is surprising for a downloadable title, and it suggests that this could have been slapped on a DVD and sold at retail price. But such as it is, downloadable is the way to go, and based on the evidence here, the Crystal Chronicles series has a bright future ahead of it.
  2. It features very deep managerial gameplay, which it is easy to become entranced with. This title gives you so many options for gameplay that it is hard to resist the urge to level up your adventurers just one more time, or unlock a certain building before shutting it off.
    I liked My Life as a King more and more as I played it. Sure, it's basically a Final Fantasy game where you stay at home and send other people out to play Final Fantasy. But there is satisfaction to be gained from building a kingdom and keeping your subjects happy.