7.1

1. Jul 3, 2011
    An interesting game where you play as a city's king. It pretty much is a real time strategy game where you can talk to the townspeople. very fun, but repetitive.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King is another instalment of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (often abbreviated FFCC) series. The FFCC series has taken a turn for the worst and many of the games have received a countless number of bad reviews. However, My Life as a King breaks away from all the awful reviews and this seems like a decent God-Simulation game. TheFinal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King is another instalment of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (often abbreviated FFCC) series. The FFCC series has taken a turn for the worst and many of the games have received a countless number of bad reviews. However, My Life as a King breaks away from all the awful reviews and this seems like a decent God-Simulation game. The game-play is totally different from the original game. Where in the original it was an RPG, you fought monsters, travelled a world map... etc; in this game, you control a small settlement, eventually trying to build it up and help it grow to a massive kingdom. To do this, you use crystals that can be found in dungeons full of monsters. Obviously, because you are king you cannot afford to lose your life by setting out so you commission adventurers to do the job. The game is very time-consuming so you need to be very patient and the price tag isn't pretty especially with all the downloadable content. This game isn't essential and its too pricey to recommend but it is surely a game you can enjoy. The sequel, FFCC: My Life as a Darklord isn't too bad either. Expand
  3. JillK
    Feb 25, 2009
    I was so excited based on all the reviews to play this game. What a disappointment. The game plays itself. Your character is stuck at the castle while everyone else is sent off to do the exciting stuff which you only hear about in daily reports. Equally annoying is when your character is told it's his bedtime.
  4. ManoelQ.
    Jun 11, 2008
    "Final Fantasy: My Life as a King" is a great beginning for the WiiWare, together with "LostWinds". The entertainment is amazing and the happiness of seeing your kingdom progress make this a great game. The additional downloads are good, some replaceable and some useless, and the interaction with your citizens are from good to regular: it could be better.
  5. JustinZ.
    Jun 1, 2008
    Excellent story, fun gameplay, and beautiful graphics. Controls were not the best, but, other than that, a must buy.
  6. AsterW.
    May 28, 2008
    I really enjoy playing this game, its almost mysteriously addicting. But I showed it to a friend of mine who helped me realize this is one of the most boring games to watch someone play. Oh well, his loss.
  7. StevenB.
    May 20, 2008
    This game is easily one of the best god-simulation games out there. By combining Final Fantasy and a sim-city/sims type game; the end product is easily worth the $15-$25 price. If you own a Wii, this is a great game to try.
  8. Ezekial
    May 16, 2008
    I received this game as a gift from a friend and was rather unsure about touching it after playing the FFCC for GCN and absolutely hating every single part of it. Well it seems they decided to make the game a new genre of game, not quite a strategy game and not quite an RPG. The game isn't difficult at all and has many things that needed to be improved. For sporting a 15$ price tag I I received this game as a gift from a friend and was rather unsure about touching it after playing the FFCC for GCN and absolutely hating every single part of it. Well it seems they decided to make the game a new genre of game, not quite a strategy game and not quite an RPG. The game isn't difficult at all and has many things that needed to be improved. For sporting a 15$ price tag I managed to have 6 hours fly past playing this game as it is very addictive. My only real dislike about the game was the BGM that plays none stop is pretty annoying and you have no real impact on your adventurer's choice for Gil spending. The DLC is also something that strikes me as stupid. The game is quite short, but has replay value and it's easy to learn, and gives you the feeling like you're actually creating your own kingdom. Worth picking up for 1500 Wii Points. Expand
  9. SebastianG.
    May 15, 2008
    Man, this sure is addicting! As soon as you get past the 10 first min of info and tuts, you'll be amazed by the fun and addicting gameplay. A brilliant strategy game! Although I was a little let down that it didn't have the classic turn-based gameplay of the past titles, but a tremendous kick off for WiiWare!

My Life as a King's depth is surprising for a downloadable title, and it suggests that this could have been slapped on a DVD and sold at retail price. But such as it is, downloadable is the way to go, and based on the evidence here, the Crystal Chronicles series has a bright future ahead of it.
  2. It features very deep managerial gameplay, which it is easy to become entranced with. This title gives you so many options for gameplay that it is hard to resist the urge to level up your adventurers just one more time, or unlock a certain building before shutting it off.
    I liked My Life as a King more and more as I played it. Sure, it's basically a Final Fantasy game where you stay at home and send other people out to play Final Fantasy. But there is satisfaction to be gained from building a kingdom and keeping your subjects happy.