7.6

1. GrahamL
    Jan 6, 2010
    This game doesn't deserve a 10, but it sure as hell deserves more than it gets. Although the mini-games were a bit easy, and the voice-acting was a bit off, this was still a very solid game. An awesome story, with an incredible climax offset with moments of humor, racing adventure, and tons of achievements for replayability. I had a great time, well worth the investment.
  2. BobM
    Jan 4, 2010
    By no means is it "perfect", but I really don't understand what people wanted from this game. It's unique, it's different, it's got great graphics, great soundtrack, interesting characters, good voice work, an engaging storyline, and most importantly, it's FUN. Yes, the camera could be a bit better, and yes, Square could have obviously done a whole lot more than By no means is it "perfect", but I really don't understand what people wanted from this game. It's unique, it's different, it's got great graphics, great soundtrack, interesting characters, good voice work, an engaging storyline, and most importantly, it's FUN. Yes, the camera could be a bit better, and yes, Square could have obviously done a whole lot more than they did with the telekinesis mechanic (especially considering the IR capabilities), but honestly, those things don't detract from what is a seriously underrated and high quality game. And for the record, it's only "short" if you're only trying to just blaze through it to see the ending. Which could probably be said of 80% of the games that come out today. Most games that are rated very highly, usually are still pretty short (5-6 hours), if you're just rushing along. But me personally, I've been playing the game for about that long already, and am not even halfway through, because I've actually been messing around and having fun. And trust me, this game, with it's open world elements, and TK gameplay, is totally suited to spending a LOT of time just messing around. Good game. Deserves good sales, and MUCH higher scores. Collapse
  3. NecroR
    Dec 30, 2009
    The game magnizines giving it a low review are full of BS, it's an awesome game I reccomend to anyone.
  4. ChasM.
    Jan 29, 2010
    great game. camera's a bit wonky, but not a deal breaker. also, i had no trouble navigating without a map. a good showing of things to come if square enix decides to develop further.
  5. FernandoH
    Jan 5, 2010
    What's the matter? Hello? This is not a classic RPG, is an adventure. It's not flawless but it's beautiful and fun.
  6. ShaneJ
    Jan 15, 2010
    This game is extremely varied, and despite not having completed it yet, it has thrown many curve balls and plot twists to make this my favorite Final Fantasy title yet--and I've played them all.
  7. ferariel
    Dec 27, 2009
    No matter critics says, it's a new fresh air into the series, very innovative. Hope a Crystal Bearers 2
  8. ShannonS
    Dec 29, 2009
    The game is certainly not exactly what you would expect from a classic Final Fantasy, but is a fresh leap in a new direction with the quality in story you would expect from Square. The game play does stumble sometimes and the camera can be frustrating in some battles, but these are common problems on the wii and when you use motion controls a lot. Though it has it's bugs, they are The game is certainly not exactly what you would expect from a classic Final Fantasy, but is a fresh leap in a new direction with the quality in story you would expect from Square. The game play does stumble sometimes and the camera can be frustrating in some battles, but these are common problems on the wii and when you use motion controls a lot. Though it has it's bugs, they are generally annoying, not crippling to the gameplay. Regardless the game is fun, the story is engrossing and entertaining, and the combat is at least innovative if a bit repetitive at times, and the graphics are spectacular for the limitations of the wii. To sum it up, this game is not for everyone, but for those craving something new and fresh in a game with the classic quality of old school story telling, you likely will enjoy the ride. But since it is a jump in a new direction I'd advice those not hardcore Square fans to rent before buying. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I loved the game. I think it is the epitimy of an rpg. It has awesome graphics and the characters look amazing. I was a bit surprised at the end though. I mean when they leave you hanging like that.
    I was and still am expecting and hoping that they will make another
    game exactly where it stopped on the boat. Cause you cant end it like that.
    There is potential for another game.
  10. Apr 10, 2013
    this game is a WII Gem, the reason that its getting bad reviews is because people are looking at it like it should be a tratitional rpg game, there are interesting characters and an interesting story.

the game is not meant to be fast paced, in my opinion the best way to play this game is by exploring the different zones and towns, finding secrets and Medal hunting (Acheivments) i

i think this game never got the attention it deserved, i certainly enjoyed it.

1. After a cool introductory sequence, things go downhill immediately. [Jan 2010, p.85]
  2. The absolute best part of the game is all of the stuff you can do besides the main plot. Not that the main plot isn’t fun – it’s just that the minigames are limited to chases, jumping puzzles and the occasional weirdness like ballroom dancing.
    While the game's main adventure was off to a good start, and even manages to be truly entertaining at times, these oddly paced, often poorly controlled pit stops really bring down the game's more appealing core mechanics.