8.3

1. Jun 24, 2012
    I'm new to Wii and bought 3 games. This is the only one I've finished and have started all over again. I'm a 56 year old grandmother and I LOVE THIS GAME! I saw the screenshots of the game and was afraid it was going to be cartoonish or childish. I couldn't be more wrong. The only cartoonish thing are the characters and they're so cute. You can customize them 100's of ways throughout the game. I'd like more clothes but that's the woman in me. I loved being able to shop in their Fishing Store. The game play is great mini quests you can do. Now, I cant say enough about the graphics. I felt like I was fishing in high dollar fishing resorts from around the world. The scenes are breathtaking. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I've never played a game that made me actually feel like I was inside the scenery. This game deserves so many awards. If you love fishing or want to learn to fish buy this game and save your money on the gas it would take to really fish in destinations like this game has. Relax at home and feel the vibration of a fish biting from your favorite chair. No more worries about your fishing line getting tangled with someone elses. This game is better than the real thing except that you cant eat what you catch. Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    My score will be a little high for many people. As a father of 2 under 8 this game is great. The next door kids were over and that made 4 kids under 12. The 5 of us spent hours on a rainy day, just playing, laughing and having fun. Let's be honest here people... If you want a serious gaming machine, the Wii is not going to be you first choice! So don't expect mind blowing games from a machine that simply cannot deliver them... As a family machine, the Wii is excellent. Unfortunately, most of the games are utter garbage. There are even fewer that are capable of grabbing a child's attention without being too complicated in the controls. This game is excellent for kids and fun for adults too.

Okay, Wii Fishing Resort. 4 players can go head to head in some fishing situations. Graphics are bold, vibrant and well put together. Action is alright and was more than enough to hold the attention of the youngest in our little group at 5 years old. Controls were easily handled be even the 5 year old. Casting does seem a little glitchy but not bad.

You are given a large selection of bait, lures, rods, reels, clothing to purchase. The aquarium you become the manager of is very neat in that all your catches go into here for viewing pleasure and you get to reap the rewards of visitors paying to view the aquariums. Boat trips, bicycles, kayaks, etc. Are all little things that add to the adventure.

If you are expecting Zelda like quests and adventure, you will be disappointed. If you want a game you can easily play with the kids or just while some time away, pick this game up. You will enjoy it. I also have the Fishing Master World Tour... I really hate that game. Wii Fishing Resort is miles ahead of that game in graphics, game play and all around fun.

I really hope they make a sequel with better side activities and the addition of fishing lines in the store would be excellent.
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    So much fun! And so beautiful! Makes me understand what people see in actual fishing. The landscapes change with the time of day and the water reflections are gorgeous. Each of the many areas has a different flavor. The only odd thing is, it never rains!

At first it caused me a few pangs to catch such beautiful fish, but after all, they are imaginary fish and I got over it :-)

Choose your hairstyle carefully as it may be a LOOOONG time or never till you can change it in the game.

This game is sort of the other side of Endless Ocean.

Fishing Resort is a very good package. There are a lot of things to do, and the world they're done in is attractive and inviting.
  2. Jan 4, 2012
    In the end, this on-paper depth doesn't translate well to the fishing experience, and the game's smiling aesthetic isn't enough to save it.
  3. Dec 28, 2011
    Even if you aren't particularly fond of the genre, you will likely find some enjoyment in its engaging controls and large variety of fish to catch, which is enough to recommend the title to those curious about it. It's not like you have much else to play until Xenoblade comes out.