Ghost Squad Wii

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2007
7.5

1. Nov 24, 2011
    A faithful console port of a good arcade game, Ghost Squad is an enjoyable way to spend some time either single player or multiplayer. Despite being a rail shooter, Ghost Squad breaks the typical mold in a few ways. First, there are several rails, and the game gives the player the choice. At key points in each mission, the player is able to choose which direction or strategy to take, andA faithful console port of a good arcade game, Ghost Squad is an enjoyable way to spend some time either single player or multiplayer. Despite being a rail shooter, Ghost Squad breaks the typical mold in a few ways. First, there are several rails, and the game gives the player the choice. At key points in each mission, the player is able to choose which direction or strategy to take, and the choice does affect the game. With the Wii version, as you complete more playthroughs, you will unlock additional decision points and/or options for existing decision gates. The other way in which Ghost Squad differs from the usual rail shooter is the existence of multiple pseudo-minigames, such as disabling mines or disarming bombs. The variety of missions available keeps the game from getting boring, and the various training and competition modes available, combined with co-op multiplayer for the main game, mean that there are tons of fun to be had with friends. The only negative mark for the game is that the missions replay exactly -- enemies always appear in the same places and attack in the same patterns. With enough repetition, these patterns will be learned and reduce some of the fun of the game. Even considering that weakness, though, Ghost Squad is definitely worth the purchase, particularly as it is now generally bargain-bin material. Expand
  2. JosephE.
    Dec 2, 2007
    I wish I could give 2 ratings. If you think 30$ is a good deal for a game you'll play for 2 hours, than this game is an 8. If you think that you should get more than 2 hours out of a 30$ game then this game should be rated a 5. You can see by my rating that I think 30$ was well spent on a 2 hour game. I thoroughly enjoyed those 2 hours - I didn't simply force myself to continue I wish I could give 2 ratings. If you think 30$ is a good deal for a game you'll play for 2 hours, than this game is an 8. If you think that you should get more than 2 hours out of a 30$ game then this game should be rated a 5. You can see by my rating that I think 30$ was well spent on a 2 hour game. I thoroughly enjoyed those 2 hours - I didn't simply force myself to continue so that I felt I received my 30$ worth. Expand
  3. BenihanaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    Great shooter game! Huge Socom and Call of Duty fan. This takes my wife and I back to our college days when we used to play Area 51 and Police Trainer in the arcade. It is a little short, and I am still working out some of the controls, but the added extras make it more fun than just shooting at anything that moves...plus, we love games where 4 people can play at the same time...that is a Great shooter game! Huge Socom and Call of Duty fan. This takes my wife and I back to our college days when we used to play Area 51 and Police Trainer in the arcade. It is a little short, and I am still working out some of the controls, but the added extras make it more fun than just shooting at anything that moves...plus, we love games where 4 people can play at the same time...that is a huge bonus in this game. Expand
  4. HowardS.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Not a fan of this type of game, Just like playing TIME CRISIS in the arcades, is a bit more fun playing as a multiplayer but still didn't hold my interest much more than an hour.
  5. TomG.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Splendid shoot 'em up action. The overly serious voiceover is a hoot. Multiplayer can't be beaten. High replay value. All in all, a very good game which has kept me entertained for a good ol' while now. When you factor in the low low price, it has got be a winner. Do it.
  6. JohnS.
    Jun 2, 2008
    A good on the rails shooter - it will play through once for an afternoons fun but the unlockable extras will keep you coming back. Even better was the 2player mode. Can't wait to see what happens with 4.
  7. SimonG.
    Nov 30, 2007
    I bought Ghost Squad and Umbrella Chronicles the same week. While both of them are on-rail shooters, they are completely different and to me, equally good in their own ways. Resident Evil has more dept, with a real plot and is way harder. Its pacing is slow and there aren
  8. Dan
    Dec 1, 2007
    Love it. feels like an arcade in my house. if you weren't around in the arcade era you might have some boohoos. fun game!
  9. MarkA.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Wow this is $30 well spent... Truly brings me back to the Arcade days... Navigation is impossible to confuse since Arcade mode does most of the foot work for you.. however for people like me who sometimes get a little frustrated by todays full range of motion; this is a welcome attribute .. Bottom line this is a great game for those of us reaching the mid 30's... You will feel like Wow this is $30 well spent... Truly brings me back to the Arcade days... Navigation is impossible to confuse since Arcade mode does most of the foot work for you.. however for people like me who sometimes get a little frustrated by todays full range of motion; this is a welcome attribute .. Bottom line this is a great game for those of us reaching the mid 30's... You will feel like you are back at Fast Eddies Arcade!! Expand
    Mar 12, 2008
    great game when you play through a few times but then gets a bit repetitive. but its fun trying to beat your last score.
  11. LukeS.
    May 16, 2008
    It's really the same as the arcade version except that you dont need to pay money to play. The ninja mode is the most fun and paradise maode is a pain in the butt but overall it's ALOT of fun.
  12. EntoC.
    Nov 23, 2007
    A fun game, though three levels isn't enough.
  13. AntonioC.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Really fun and it has plenty of replayability. It takes an hour to beat it, but there are cool unlockable weapons and costumes. I have played well over 10 hours and still haven't unlocked everything.It also has 4 player party mode. Plus at $30 you can't go wrong.
  14. JohnB.
    Dec 14, 2007
    If you have ever, EVER, experienced a light gun or arcade shooter and liked it, even a little bit, this game is for you. Just because the game takes one hour to beat doesn't mean that you done or that there isn't replay ability, far from it, the game will draw you back time and time again. A true classic and one to look over.
  15. RickB.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Graphics are not great, but a lot of fun! The wii zapper works well with this game. Could use a few more levels. Would recommend picking this one up.
  16. Oct 13, 2015
    Very short: only 3 levels. Also keep in mind that it's an arcade-style rail shooter. It has some replay value because there are different routes you can take. You unlock new routes and guns by playing over and over again. There's supposedly a bikini mode that you unlock by maxing out your weapon levels to level 99 or something, but nobody should ever want to play this game for that long.Very short: only 3 levels. Also keep in mind that it's an arcade-style rail shooter. It has some replay value because there are different routes you can take. You unlock new routes and guns by playing over and over again. There's supposedly a bikini mode that you unlock by maxing out your weapon levels to level 99 or something, but nobody should ever want to play this game for that long. My brother was obsessed with this game but even he couldn't bring himself to get even halfway there.

But this game is fun to make fun of. I have a lot of inside jokes with my brother about this game.

#30 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

1. The amount of content is a bit disappointing. Three levels just aren’t enough nowadays, despite a handful of variations on each. The fact that they play out exactly the same way every time doesn’t help, either. Playing through solo or with a buddy is definitely worth an afternoon, though, regardless of the game’s relatively short legs.
    For light gun fans Ghost Squad is a must play though, and at $30 it won’t break the bank to purchase this one. At the end of the day, Ghost Squad is simply a fun arcade experience, and certainly worth a look.
  3. Nintendo Power
    The game is no masterpiece, but if you're in the mood for some mindless, old-school entertainment, it's $30 well spent. [Holiday 2007, p.82]