GoldenEye 007 Wii

7.7

1. Jul 9, 2016
    The only good Bond game Activision made. The motion controls work really well. The story is serviceable, they rewrote it to make it more up to date. Its nothing special and I prefer the original plot, but it does the job. The gameplay is exciting enough, however there is very little replay value.
  2. Oct 12, 2015
    This is the best fps game ever created. It has memorable levels and weapons. Single player is very fun and doesn't get boring. Online multiplayer is super fun. I have played it a lot, I mean a lot.
  3. Nov 27, 2014
    Much like GoldenEye Reloaded, the Wii version is a game that you will either really enjoy or hate. To be honest GoldenEye 007 Wii is less of a James Bond game and more of a solid first person shooter which is rare among Wii games. The game's single player is solid with a good mix of stealth and firefights. Some gamers might not like that the story has been modernized and that the cast isMuch like GoldenEye Reloaded, the Wii version is a game that you will either really enjoy or hate. To be honest GoldenEye 007 Wii is less of a James Bond game and more of a solid first person shooter which is rare among Wii games. The game's single player is solid with a good mix of stealth and firefights. Some gamers might not like that the story has been modernized and that the cast is different from the movie but if you can accept this fact, you will probably enjoy the game. The game has fourteen missions with four difficulty settings to choose from including 007 classic which means that you must pick up body armor to prevent yourself from being wounded. This health system is exactly the same as GoldenEye N64, The World is Not Enough and Nightfire. The other difficulty settings have your health regenerate but personally, I never liked the regenerating health system especially for first person shooters. There are also time trials for each mission but unfortunately they don't unlock anything.
    While the single player was good, the multiplayer was the real highlight. The multiplayer maps were good and the weapons were balanced out nicely. The shotguns weren't overpowered like in GoldenEye Reloaded or Quantum Of Solace or underpowered like in Blood Stone. Instead you get a good selection of gadgets, weapons and weapon attachments which you get by leveling up. This process ends at level 56 and which takes most gamers about 8 days to reach so it's rewarding when you get there. The only problems I had with the multiplayer were the hackers, the lack of a host migration, the occasional glitches and lag and the fact that everyone had access to the grenade launcher. Still, in terms of modern multiplayer James Bond games, GoldenEye 007 Wii is the best one by far.
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    Finally,Activision made a descent first person shooter
    yeah,maybe its not like goldeneye 64
    but hey its a good game.
    with a good music and a fun gameplay
    i like that
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    The game plays like call of duty but for some reason I like this more. The game doesnt follow the original game it follows more closely to the movie and the online is actually pretty good and there are people that still play after years of release
  6. Oct 29, 2013
    An engaging storyline, multiple difficulties, and several different control options give this game an incredible replay value. The option to play the game with the GameCube controller is what really sealed the deal for me, though. The multiplayer mode allows you to play as characters from the game as well as previous Bond villains, like Oddjob and Mr. Scaramanga. All in all, a great game.
  7. May 26, 2013
    Not that many FPS games do that well on the Wii. But there are some exceptions, and Goldeneye 007 is one of them. The story for this game is the same as the movie, so what can I say: it's the same good story with a fresh coat of paint. I was skeptical at first on how the Wii was going to handle gameplay like this with Wiimotes and nunchuks, but somehow, it manages to work in this game. theNot that many FPS games do that well on the Wii. But there are some exceptions, and Goldeneye 007 is one of them. The story for this game is the same as the movie, so what can I say: it's the same good story with a fresh coat of paint. I was skeptical at first on how the Wii was going to handle gameplay like this with Wiimotes and nunchuks, but somehow, it manages to work in this game. the gameplay is pretty addicting too: I like how I can choose to either take out my enemies stealthily or go into a firefight with them. The voice acting in the game is great; Daniel Craig and Judi Dench do an excellent job as Bond and M like always, and the other actors cast do very well with their performances. The multiplayer is pretty cool as well. in all honesty, the only thing I didn't like about local multilayer was that some areas would be sealed off, but open in online multiplayer. As for online multiplayer, it's does fairly well, but isn't real fun, since the friend system requires the whole "Friend Code" thing, and no voice chat supporting the game baffles me. There were some aspects, however, that I did not like as much. The graphics are ok, but sometimes look a bit glaring. I find myself lost sometimes because of really dark or really bright areas. other than that, character models and settings look very nice for a Wii game. Overall, the game is a nice remake that I believe manages to improve on single player, but not so much in multiplayer. if you're going to get this for the multiplayer, forewarning: it won't be as fun as the original N64 game. if you're looking for a better single player, I'd recommend this game. Expand
  8. Dec 1, 2012
    Classic FPS with motion controls and I love the on-line. Goodbye Dual analog sticks you got love DP3 plus Golden Gun. Daniel Craig makes not only good movies he makes great video games. Activision finally impressed me.
  9. Nov 18, 2012
    The graphics and sound are great for a Wii game. The game does suffer some framerate drops here and there. The gunplay is satisfying with the wiimote and the controls work well. The AI is overall good and the mission structure works well. The level design is also impressive. The game features plenty of online modes and a four player splitscreen option. One of the best wii shooters.
  10. Nov 18, 2012
    Brilliant!! Verdict: If you think this is just a remake think again. The storyline is completly diffrent. The music is catchy and the Multiplayer is amazing. The Graphics are very good for the wii but at some points the framrate will drop when the scene is hectic. It also comes with a classic controller so it feels like the PS3 and Xbox360.A must have in you collection. Presentation:9.5/10Brilliant!! Verdict: If you think this is just a remake think again. The storyline is completly diffrent. The music is catchy and the Multiplayer is amazing. The Graphics are very good for the wii but at some points the framrate will drop when the scene is hectic. It also comes with a classic controller so it feels like the PS3 and Xbox360.A must have in you collection. Presentation:9.5/10 Gameplay:9.5/10 Sound:9/10 Graphics:8.5/10 Replay Value:10/10 Overall:9/10 Expand
  11. Jun 20, 2012
    This is easily one of the best Wii shooters made. Do not expect a remake though; this is a reimagining. It is a great shooter in its own right, with a modernised story and a new cast of voice actors, along with Daniel Craig as Bond. It has a great campaign, with a variety of stealthy and run-and-gun missions. And that's before the multiplayer. The split screen is fun and has provoded meThis is easily one of the best Wii shooters made. Do not expect a remake though; this is a reimagining. It is a great shooter in its own right, with a modernised story and a new cast of voice actors, along with Daniel Craig as Bond. It has a great campaign, with a variety of stealthy and run-and-gun missions. And that's before the multiplayer. The split screen is fun and has provoded me and my friends with hours of kicking each other and throwing proxys around. There is also a meaty online portion, although the level up is slow. Expand
  12. May 29, 2012
    Best FPS for the wii great online multiplayer. Wouldâ
  13. Dec 12, 2011
    Goldeneye is a great first-person shooter that is a brilliant addition to any gamer's library. With fairly great graphics, tight single-player and good on and offline multiplayer, anyone who likes a good shooter- or even a good game- should buy this!

PRESENTATION: The graphics in Goldeneye 007 Wii are quite impressive- most models are well detailed, there are a lot of particle effects and

PRESENTATION:
    The graphics in Goldeneye 007 Wii are quite impressive- most models are well detailed, there are a lot of particle effects and textures are well done. The graphics do take something of a hit in multiplayer but even then they are good- better than most Wii games at least. The soundtrack is very appropriate and is pleasing when putting bullets into your enemies. The story is also well-constructed, following the Bond movie of the same name.

GAMEPLAY:
    The single-player campaign on Goldeneye 007 is a great blast, full of cinematic shots and bullet-storms. The Wii handles the constant shots from everywhere very well, and the shooting is very good. With multiple control methods, there will definitely be something for you: I prefer the Classic Controller Pro but many like the IR pointer controls. The multiplayer is also a great experience which runs really well. There are a good quantity of modes and maps, allowing for a variety of gameplay styles. Are you a sniper? Go play 'Jungle'. Like intense fire fights? Sewer's for you! This game is also pretty long- the campaign will last you 8 hours but the multiplayer will suck hours from your life!

Play this game. You have to. This re-imagining of the N64 classic is well worth the money, with tight, long-lasting gameplay. 9/10
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    Excellent game!One of the best 1st person shooters on th wii! Absolutely love it!I didn't play the original so i wont compare but this game stands on its own two feet
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm about a year late reviewing this. I think this is easily one of the best shooting games for the Wii. It does not equal the excellence of Goldeneye of N64 but on its own merit, it is still a very good game. Great controls, good single player, and a surprisingly fun multiplayer mode that has a COD like unlocking system (the more levels you gain, the more weapons, etc. that unlock).I'm about a year late reviewing this. I think this is easily one of the best shooting games for the Wii. It does not equal the excellence of Goldeneye of N64 but on its own merit, it is still a very good game. Great controls, good single player, and a surprisingly fun multiplayer mode that has a COD like unlocking system (the more levels you gain, the more weapons, etc. that unlock). The only downsides are the graphics, which are a bit subpar even for a Wii game, and the lack of voice options in multiplayer (although I don't miss it too much because the voice chat on other systems can be annoying and downright obnoxious).

If you're looking for a good shooter for the Wii, look no further. After being out for one year, I still pick this game up and play. And at $20 at most places now, this game is an absolute must for fans of first person shooters.
  16. Aug 31, 2011
    As far as graphics are concerned the GoldenEye 007 is a looker on the Wii, despite its constant straight lines and lack of curves on weapons (maybe this is due to its licensing limits, the only licensed guns are the AK-47 and P99 and even the AK-47 isn't completely accurate in terms of curves and straight lines). Call me a kid, but I haven't played the original GoldenEye so I can't reallyAs far as graphics are concerned the GoldenEye 007 is a looker on the Wii, despite its constant straight lines and lack of curves on weapons (maybe this is due to its licensing limits, the only licensed guns are the AK-47 and P99 and even the AK-47 isn't completely accurate in terms of curves and straight lines). Call me a kid, but I haven't played the original GoldenEye so I can't really make any judgements on the new installments stealth functions. However from a CoD and BF background I must say that they were good and different from what I was used to at the same time. Definitely worth checking out, but make sure you have a Classic Controller Pro handy. Expand
  17. Aug 29, 2011
    I do think this is a great remake. The graphics could be better but they are ok. In some stages, particularly in the end, it can look really beautiful. The gameplay is awesome and the accuracy of the wiiremote plus as a gun is really good. The only thing missing is the classic intro where James shoots the screen ;)
  18. Jun 29, 2011
    A pretty damn good Wii shooter. Controls are much better even if too similar to the Call of Duty control scheme, Multi-player is still as fun as the N64 Goldeneye, either online or offline split screen and the story is a decent Bond story and probably better than the film. Though faithful to the original, it does have some issues. Online multi-player has some lag issues at times andA pretty damn good Wii shooter. Controls are much better even if too similar to the Call of Duty control scheme, Multi-player is still as fun as the N64 Goldeneye, either online or offline split screen and the story is a decent Bond story and probably better than the film. Though faithful to the original, it does have some issues. Online multi-player has some lag issues at times and doesn't have any form of communication, especially in team games and the story mode has a very small replay value but overall, it is the best shooter the Wii has to ever offer. Expand
  19. Apr 25, 2011
    I didn't play the original but this was a very enjoyable game on its own. Particularly good was the stealth based missions. The game overall plays like Call of Duty, except that you are alone for pretty much the entire game and you need to sneak around a lot, which is definitely a huge plus for me. I just wish the campaign was longer (overall about the same length as a typical CoD game).I didn't play the original but this was a very enjoyable game on its own. Particularly good was the stealth based missions. The game overall plays like Call of Duty, except that you are alone for pretty much the entire game and you need to sneak around a lot, which is definitely a huge plus for me. I just wish the campaign was longer (overall about the same length as a typical CoD game). I'm not big on the multiplayer and I'm generally not big on any FPS multiplayer other than the Battlefield. As a PC gamer I'm not impressed by the generic cut & paste deathmatch type game but the controls and gameplay are smooth if you are into that kind of thing. Overall the singleplayer was hugely enjoyable for me, so definitely worth a playthrough in my opinion. Expand
  20. Mar 16, 2011
    This game was a huge surprise when it was announced last year. Everyone expected Nintendo to announce great new games at E3 2010, but nobody expected to see this. GoldenEye came completely out of nowhere, so obviously, all Wii owners got really hyped when it was announced. Instead of releasing the original GoldenEye onto Nintendos Wii VC, Activision basically said, let's do somethingThis game was a huge surprise when it was announced last year. Everyone expected Nintendo to announce great new games at E3 2010, but nobody expected to see this. GoldenEye came completely out of nowhere, so obviously, all Wii owners got really hyped when it was announced. Instead of releasing the original GoldenEye onto Nintendos Wii VC, Activision basically said, let's do something better than that. How about a whole freakin remake? An amazing idea in my opinion. So, without further distraction, let's jump into it. When I play a remake of a favorite game, what I expect to see is everything that the original had, but with new content. Does the remake do it? Absolutely. Some people might be sidetracked by the graphics and think the graphics are downgraded because of the fact that it's on Wii. On the contrary. Activision actually confirmed that they could've made the graphics alot better if they wanted to, regardless of the fact that it's a Wii exclusive. The reason they made the graphics like this is because they wanted to make the game feel like the original as much as possible, even graphics-wise. Smart move in my opinion, because most of the time if a remake has enhanced graphics, it ruins the feeling the original had. Even if the graphics are primitive compared to this gens games, the graphics still look great. But I'm a guy who doesn't give a crap about realistic graphics, so it's probably just me lol. The gameplay mechanics run more on the Call of Duty engine this time, so if you play alot of Call of Duty, you'll instantly become familiar with how the game plays. You also have a choice between 4 different controllers to use. GoldenEye Wii can be played the Wiimote and Numchuk, the Wii Zapper, the Classic Controller Pro, or the Gamecube controller. If that's not enough controller choice for you, you're just being difficult. Most people, however, will go with the Classic Controller Pro, since it's much like a PS2 controller, and unlike the regular Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro has trigger buttons that are meant for shooters. WIN! In my opinion, the Call of Duty engine works great with this game, and it's even better that the motion controls are completely optional for those who hate the motion control gimmick. Then of course you got the campaign. I have to say, the campaign is the weakest part of this game. I personally enjoyed it until I got to the final boss. The final boss is too long and alittle too hard. It took me about 20 tries before I finally beat him on NORMAL mode. lol. Then of course you got the multiplayer. Guess what? It has online multiplayer!! A very epic win!! Now some people might think the games multiplayer is horrible because of the Wiis laggy online. I have been playing this game online for months now, and I have yet to experience a laggy game at all. The online actually runs very smoothly in this game, and the best part is, it's harder to hack a Wii game than it is to hack a PS3 or 360 game, so you'll run into VERY few hackers and modders and cheaters in this game. The problem with the online though is, of course, trying to play with friends online. That's always a ploblem with the Wii's online, and of course the game doesn't support Wii Speak, so it's impossible to talk to players online while playing. These are a couple of bummers, but the game mainly promotes split screen, which I think is great. After all, playing online is fun for sure, but we all know that getting together with friends, and playing multiplayer on the couch, is way more fun than playing online. The problem with games today is that they mainly just do online multiplayer, some of the big favorites of today don't even have a split screen option. So the fact that there is a really great game out there that mainly promotes classic split screen is awesome. I mean, I love online multiplayer. But I still love split screen too. Split screen opens up to game parties, or just hanging with your beer buds. Bottom line, the game is fantastic. And though it lacks in the campaing and online areas, it's still alot of fun to play. And for those of you out there who are complaining that this game isn't on 360 or PS3, STOP BEING A FANBOY AND GET A LIFE!! The Wii is a great system, and it has great games, and this is one of them. If you can't handle the fact that the Wii has a great shooter that you guys want, why not just lighten up and buy a Wii? Fanboys..... Anyway, GoldenEye is great, doesn't really meet the greatness of the original, but it comes close. 9/10 Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2011
    God, I didn't expect such a great effort on the making of this game. It was completely worth every penny. The campaign is awesome and badass, Daniel Craig was a good replacement Bond, and even though I played the original game and knew all the plot twists coming up, I was still shocked at most of them! The multi-player is as good, if not better, than the original, and you can play online!God, I didn't expect such a great effort on the making of this game. It was completely worth every penny. The campaign is awesome and badass, Daniel Craig was a good replacement Bond, and even though I played the original game and knew all the plot twists coming up, I was still shocked at most of them! The multi-player is as good, if not better, than the original, and you can play online! It's Call of Duty with the same GoldenEye feel. I wanted to rate this game a perfect ten if it wasn't for a couple of things. One, that is not Natalya, may have the same annoyance factor, but that's not Natalya. Two, the insanely difficult 007 Classic mode. Now, I love a good challenge, I love 'em. But seriously! Only people who have beaten Legend of Zelda without the sword could have a possible chance at beating it! Other than that, it's as good as gold. Get it? Expand
  22. Feb 25, 2011
    I personally think that this game is better than the N64 version.
    The AI is improved GREATLY, there are more weapons, the controls are better, and quite frankly, I like Daniel Craig more then Pierce Brosnan.
    The multiplayer is as good as ever.
    I only wish the modifiers could be used online. That would have been awesome.
    Either way, this is a must buy.
  23. Feb 25, 2011
    An excellent remake to an old classic, call it a tribute to the old times with all the thrill and excitement brought to life by a new James Bond. Thoroughly enjoy playing it for a long time to come.
  24. Jan 19, 2011
    Goldeneye 007 for the N64 was my favorite games ever when I was a kid, when I heard the remake is coming for the Wii, I was excited and can't wait for it. When I bought it, I was amazed and enjoyed it. Most of the people disliked it because of the graphics, I'm a gamer that only cares about the gameplay, controls, and story. Not the look of it. The gameplay is very cool, like in the otherGoldeneye 007 for the N64 was my favorite games ever when I was a kid, when I heard the remake is coming for the Wii, I was excited and can't wait for it. When I bought it, I was amazed and enjoyed it. Most of the people disliked it because of the graphics, I'm a gamer that only cares about the gameplay, controls, and story. Not the look of it. The gameplay is very cool, like in the other 007 titles, you have a chance to either use combat or weapons. The story was phenomenal, just like the N64. I was worried about the controls, every FPS on Wii doesn't have good controls. But, this game has it perfectly balanced and great, it surprised me. But, the only issue that I have with this game is the actor James Bond is played by Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan, who is from both the movie and original game on N64. I just like things originally designed from the classics. But overall, still great gameplay, controls, and story. So this game is a MUST HAVE on your Wii Collection. Expand
  25. Jan 15, 2011
    I've been neglecting the Wii for the most part of the past 2 years. Besides a few releases I've mostly played my Xbox 360. Not after the incredible past few months the Wii has had. I picked up Goldeneye a few weeks ago and I have to say it's the best FPS of 2010. Better than Black Ops? You bet. Better than Halo Reach? Yes! The rewriting of the Goldeneye story into modern times was veryI've been neglecting the Wii for the most part of the past 2 years. Besides a few releases I've mostly played my Xbox 360. Not after the incredible past few months the Wii has had. I picked up Goldeneye a few weeks ago and I have to say it's the best FPS of 2010. Better than Black Ops? You bet. Better than Halo Reach? Yes! The rewriting of the Goldeneye story into modern times was very interesting. The story was actually written by the same person who wrote the original screenplay of the movie. The graphics are good for the Wii. The controls are excellent with the Wiimote & Nunchuck combo. I didn't play on the classic controller, but I'm sure that is fine too. The best part of the game is the mulitplayer. Plain fun. No people abusing killstreaks. Just plain gun on gun fun. So many choices and combinations to play the game. The multiplayer has 200 options on how you can play it. It's amazing. Just like the N64 version. Must buy for any fan of Bond or shooters. Expand
  26. Jan 6, 2011
    This Game is awesome i don't know why it's getting such low scores but just cuz it's on the wii people hate on it lmbo give me a break u retards wanna say this game isn't amazing
  27. Dec 28, 2010
    Can I just say, before I begin you cannot compare this to the N64 original. It's clear this game can't hope to achieve the impact Rare achieved back then in 1997. Anyhoo, this is a brilliant entry to the Wii's FPS list and a game that you should enjoy. Eurocom have done a good job, turning this into a fine Bond shooter (not that it had much competition anyway). It has a good sized singleCan I just say, before I begin you cannot compare this to the N64 original. It's clear this game can't hope to achieve the impact Rare achieved back then in 1997. Anyhoo, this is a brilliant entry to the Wii's FPS list and a game that you should enjoy. Eurocom have done a good job, turning this into a fine Bond shooter (not that it had much competition anyway). It has a good sized single player campagin for new or N64 nostalgic which will keep you hooked for a long time, especially on higher difficulty. The multiplayer is also smashing, plenty of modes and a right good laugh with some mates. And then you've got a good online with plenty of modes which is really active. If you're looking for a good Bond or FPS on Wii, look no further. Expand
  28. Dec 1, 2010
    This truly is the best shooter on the wii and does the original justice will keep you on the edge of your seat in this stunning game throughout.
  29. Nov 29, 2010
    I have to say that I grow more and more tired of the same old drivel getting great scores from the brain dead reviewers of the art form we love. There is nothing wrong with this game other than the fact that it is a rather cynical attempt to rake in some cash. I found that at all times Goldeneye 007 brought something new to the table while injecting some retro charm for us older gamers,I have to say that I grow more and more tired of the same old drivel getting great scores from the brain dead reviewers of the art form we love. There is nothing wrong with this game other than the fact that it is a rather cynical attempt to rake in some cash. I found that at all times Goldeneye 007 brought something new to the table while injecting some retro charm for us older gamers, and it certainly deserves a higher score. But then what half decent Wii game doesn't? I know for a fact that if this game had 'Call of Duty' in the title and was on a a PS3 or an XBOX its reviews would soar! Expand
  30. Nov 29, 2010
    This really brings me back! I was a huge fan of the N64 game and begrudgingly bought this. As a fan I had to have it but didn't think that it could match the brilliance of the old title. Huge surprise, this is awesome! Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it has terrific single player, great split screen and awesome online play too. The controls are tight as they can be and theThis really brings me back! I was a huge fan of the N64 game and begrudgingly bought this. As a fan I had to have it but didn't think that it could match the brilliance of the old title. Huge surprise, this is awesome! Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it has terrific single player, great split screen and awesome online play too. The controls are tight as they can be and the game itself is actually new! This isn't a port of the old game, it's built to today's standards and retells the story with it's own flaire. Expand

#5 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#10 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Feb 28, 2011
    No matter if you are a fan of the old-school classic GoldenEye or playing for the very first time, the Wii has its best FPS to date in GoldenEye 007.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Feb 6, 2011
    If CoD is you thing, you'll get loads of value from this. [Christmas 2010, p.62]
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    GoldenEye doesn't tarnish the original and doesn't try to be a carbon copy either, but it is hindered by problems which were always going to be hard to surmount. If you're panging for a bit of Bond and something to play with friends round, you could do a lot worse than what is a fine revival of a classic.