7.7

1. Nov 2, 2010
    Don't listen to Game Informer, they are the worst and most biased reviewers out there. They're like the Armond White of the video game industry and their reviews are short and irrelevant to what matters: is the game fun? And the answer in this case is yes.

Stop comparing it to the dated N64 game - this is a RE-IMAGINING. Not a remake. And it's better than the original as long as you aren't wearing nostalgia goggles. Buy the game, play it for a couple hours and you'll agree.

Best FPS on Wii (I don't count Metroid Prime as an FPS).
  2. Nov 2, 2010
    I just bought this game and I have to say this is one of the best games on the Wii. Having to not complete this yet, while noting that I have never played the N64 so I do not behold the nostalgic values over this, with amazing gameplay aside the not-so-great graphics, it still has a lot to live up to. Some may complain over the character, but my response would be ask why when not theI just bought this game and I have to say this is one of the best games on the Wii. Having to not complete this yet, while noting that I have never played the N64 so I do not behold the nostalgic values over this, with amazing gameplay aside the not-so-great graphics, it still has a lot to live up to. Some may complain over the character, but my response would be ask why when not the characters, but the thrill and the intensity of the game is what truly builds this. Although it isn't as good as other platforming games that excel over the Wii (and other 7th generation consoles), this game is a blast, and just as exciting as MW2 (more so even more). Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2010
    Golden Eye 007 is a great game. the only hit i can give it is the frame rate drops sometimes. The story mode is fun and fresh. Remakes are rarely as good as the original which is why i think the changes they made to the story are welcome. But.... its not really about that is it... with the original most people remember the multiplayer and the countless hours spent with friends and family.Golden Eye 007 is a great game. the only hit i can give it is the frame rate drops sometimes. The story mode is fun and fresh. Remakes are rarely as good as the original which is why i think the changes they made to the story are welcome. But.... its not really about that is it... with the original most people remember the multiplayer and the countless hours spent with friends and family. The multiplayer runs very smooth is a blast. Also the online works very well with 8 player modes that have tons of options. I personally think that this is a Wii must have especially if you enjoyed the original. Expand
  4. Nov 2, 2010
    This game is very good, like Goldeneye of Nintendo 64. Eurocom give to us a good remake of the best FPS in the world! The graphics and control are very good, but the soundtrack is not as good as the classic. The multiplayer is one of the best in the Wii and the online is good.

If you have Wii and like FPS, you MUST play this game
  5. Nov 2, 2010
    Simply amazing, I loved the n64 original - the wii version is fantastic!! Great wii-remote controls, great splitscreen action and now I'm delving into the fantastic online multiplayer!!! Wow! Thankyou nintendo for bringing goldeneye back!
  6. Nov 3, 2010
    A very solid effort for the Wii. Although not in the same league as its 64 brother, its still an enjoyable experience. Those looking to relive the old 64 days would be better served to get the old console out. This still has hours upon hours of game time with a good storyline and excellent multiplayer.
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    The Wii really is a great platform for shooters and Goldeneye further proves this by being a tight, well paced, very pretty, and fun as hell action fps. The great controls and tautly woven story segments make this a dream to play. Couple that with the excellent online features and this shooter rises above most shooters on ANY console this generation. But then again....it's Goldeneye! WhatThe Wii really is a great platform for shooters and Goldeneye further proves this by being a tight, well paced, very pretty, and fun as hell action fps. The great controls and tautly woven story segments make this a dream to play. Couple that with the excellent online features and this shooter rises above most shooters on ANY console this generation. But then again....it's Goldeneye! What did you expect? Expand
  8. Nov 4, 2010
    I bought the game pack with the classic controller + game + gun and was a bargain. The gun even looks better than the Wii Zapper. The problems of the game I found is the absence of bots (multiplayer) and hackers in the online mode but it happens to all games with the Wii online.
    Forget the modern warfare and all its clones, this is simply the best first person shooter on the Wii and quite possibly surpassed only by Halo on the Xbox 360.
    Had enough of war games, thank god that the Wii finally has a classic old school first person shooter.
    Activision congratulations for this beautiful game, just hope it is to remain exclusive to Wii.
  9. Nov 5, 2010
    For all those who fear, fear not. For all those who want to remember through care and innovation, your gift is Goldeneye. I was trying to sit in class while thinking about this game coming out, i couldnt so i left and without any thought bought the game based simply on the name, even though Goldeneye 2 blew. I was surprised by just how mch fun i was having with this game. While playingFor all those who fear, fear not. For all those who want to remember through care and innovation, your gift is Goldeneye. I was trying to sit in class while thinking about this game coming out, i couldnt so i left and without any thought bought the game based simply on the name, even though Goldeneye 2 blew. I was surprised by just how mch fun i was having with this game. While playing split screen i was reminded of something, what it was like to uncontrollably laugh at a videogame ( we were playing with singularity and while a friend was trying to touch me to cause us to explode he forgot about the proximity mine i threw) riot. Im grabbing my brothers and letting the trash talking begin. Expand
  10. Nov 3, 2010
    This is in response to "Cardboard"'s review. I feel that (although mentioned in the review) Cardboard is judging the game based on how it differs from the original. If they didn't change the level design at all, then who in their right mind would pay them? Granted I have only played the first two levels, and I'm not saying the game is a 10 but I wholeheartedly disagree with the fact thatThis is in response to "Cardboard"'s review. I feel that (although mentioned in the review) Cardboard is judging the game based on how it differs from the original. If they didn't change the level design at all, then who in their right mind would pay them? Granted I have only played the first two levels, and I'm not saying the game is a 10 but I wholeheartedly disagree with the fact that it did not remind the user of the original. Perhaps the use of the word "children" in the review is a clue that Cardboard was too young to form solid memories of Goldeneye 64, and therefore cannot seem to accurately connect axons in their brain, producing memory triggered events. LOL a good portion of the levels and the objectives I've played through are nearly identical. Yes, it plays like CoD... ACTIVISION MADE IT! This is my first review online for ANY game, but it doesn't take an expert critic to say that this is (so far) an entertaining and well made game with decent multiplayer action. I'll assume the replay value is high as there are multiple difficulty levels with different objectives (as well as online play!) If you think ANY wii game is worth $50 then pick this one up! Expand
  11. Nov 3, 2010
    @Xiotex

@Xiotex

You are what makes a User Review useless. You've expected to relive your puberty years and play 10 year old technology, and low & behold, what's this?? They've changed the game, characters, location, etc... To rate a "0" would be great, IF you had rated the......I'll run through it very fast just to allow you how a short user review can be written and not result in you appearing ignorant.

Grahics = 0 and why (8 for me, why? The Wii at it's best can't achieve a 10, where is HD when you need it.

Sound = 0 and why (9 for me, why? There was much care given to sound in this game, every enviroment contained a very realistic sound for where the gameplay took place....the bullet impact was great.

Gameplay = 0 and why (9 for me, why? The feel of this game, especially compared to the Conduit, was tighter, movement felt good, recoil seemed appropriate, etc...)

Replay = 0 and why (7 for me, but I'm basing that score off of replying the SP mode only. The missions were all balanced and well done, but I can't see enjoying it as much with a second play-through, half of the fun was seeing (comparing) how they had changed/improved from the original. I haven't played the MP as of yet.
  12. Nov 3, 2010
    Fantastic re-do of the original. Love seeing the old levels with better polish and some new parts to them. Also love being able to play online and pretend I'm back in the dorms again with this great, classic shooter. A must buy for anyone around 30 years old with fond memories of the original.
  13. Nov 5, 2010
    Amazing game in every right IMO. Puts many FPS' in their place even on more powerful consoles. 4 player split screen EPIC, just what I wanted, goldeneye drinking games FTW. The massive support to multiple control types is testiment to the guys working on this, love for the game. Whoever gave it a 0 out of 10 should be deleted, sounds like a competitior review lol!
    People need to get
    People need to get out of the mindset that this was going to be an exact clone of the original, no matter what if that happened it would be weak in this day and age. 1 thing Im yet to know, is if it will support the N64 adapter if it does, then Eurocom and Activision staff need a bloody medal! Totally satisified! Note: I actually signed up just to review this, in digust of that dudes pathetic 0/10 score!
  14. Nov 8, 2010
    Best FPS on any system.

Graphics are nice for Wii, but the controls make this game stunningly good game and better than any other system can offer! Being able to shoot villains your self, is FAR more exciting, than HD-Ready graphics!!! I also recommend using Skype for voice chat when playing with friends, it makes Goldeneye Wii a complete modern FPS masterpice. Oh, and this is not the15
    Best FPS on any system.

Oh, and this is not the15 years Old Goldeneye or even a remake, this is completely new game that has all the modern luxury there is(+ the controls that every one else is missing). Needless to say this is much better @ everything than that old museum curiosity.
  15. Feb 25, 2011
    I personally think that this game is better than the N64 version.
    The AI is improved GREATLY, there are more weapons, the controls are better, and quite frankly, I like Daniel Craig more then Pierce Brosnan.
    The multiplayer is as good as ever.
    I only wish the modifiers could be used online. That would have been awesome.
    Either way, this is a must buy.
  16. Nov 29, 2010
    This really brings me back! I was a huge fan of the N64 game and begrudgingly bought this. As a fan I had to have it but didn't think that it could match the brilliance of the old title. Huge surprise, this is awesome! Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it has terrific single player, great split screen and awesome online play too. The controls are tight as they can be and theThis really brings me back! I was a huge fan of the N64 game and begrudgingly bought this. As a fan I had to have it but didn't think that it could match the brilliance of the old title. Huge surprise, this is awesome! Without giving anything away, I'll just say that it has terrific single player, great split screen and awesome online play too. The controls are tight as they can be and the game itself is actually new! This isn't a port of the old game, it's built to today's standards and retells the story with it's own flaire. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    I have to say that I grow more and more tired of the same old drivel getting great scores from the brain dead reviewers of the art form we love. There is nothing wrong with this game other than the fact that it is a rather cynical attempt to rake in some cash. I found that at all times Goldeneye 007 brought something new to the table while injecting some retro charm for us older gamers,I have to say that I grow more and more tired of the same old drivel getting great scores from the brain dead reviewers of the art form we love. There is nothing wrong with this game other than the fact that it is a rather cynical attempt to rake in some cash. I found that at all times Goldeneye 007 brought something new to the table while injecting some retro charm for us older gamers, and it certainly deserves a higher score. But then what half decent Wii game doesn't? I know for a fact that if this game had 'Call of Duty' in the title and was on a a PS3 or an XBOX its reviews would soar! Expand
  18. Nov 8, 2010
    It's so wonderful to see a re-imagining of a classic. Activision could have just copied all the original gameplay but they literally re-did all the games graphics, gameplay, sound, etc. The options for multiple control options is wonderful for multiplayer. Get the game if you want to have loads of fun with friends!
  19. Nov 23, 2010
    I've owned a Wii for over 2 years and I also own a PS3 and 360. Among the ton of games I complete, Goldeneye 007 was the first game I completed on the Wii. It's fresh, it's fun, it controls well, and it's just fun. Motion controls work fine. Campaign is a bit on the short side. I've never played the N64 game so I don't have nostalgia goggles, but if you want an FPS for the Wii, this isI've owned a Wii for over 2 years and I also own a PS3 and 360. Among the ton of games I complete, Goldeneye 007 was the first game I completed on the Wii. It's fresh, it's fun, it controls well, and it's just fun. Motion controls work fine. Campaign is a bit on the short side. I've never played the N64 game so I don't have nostalgia goggles, but if you want an FPS for the Wii, this is definitely the best. Expand
  20. Nov 4, 2010
    This game is fantastic as it should be expected. Eurocom is the king of making bond games in my opinion when they made Nightfire for PS2 it was the definitive successor to the original Goldeneye. They just completely understand what makes Bond what it is. I'm happy to report that they got this one right as well. Riding the fence between nostalgia and an excellent experience is not an easyThis game is fantastic as it should be expected. Eurocom is the king of making bond games in my opinion when they made Nightfire for PS2 it was the definitive successor to the original Goldeneye. They just completely understand what makes Bond what it is. I'm happy to report that they got this one right as well. Riding the fence between nostalgia and an excellent experience is not an easy task. I think that the route they to in approaching this game was a great blend of the elements of the original I loved along side the great update to the story, excellent controls (Wii remote and nunchuck) and high polish. And that's not even addressing the online multiplayer which has some innovative and addictive game modes that further the feeling of taking me back while bringing you up with current ideas about gameplay. Expand
  21. Dec 28, 2010
    Can I just say, before I begin you cannot compare this to the N64 original. It's clear this game can't hope to achieve the impact Rare achieved back then in 1997. Anyhoo, this is a brilliant entry to the Wii's FPS list and a game that you should enjoy. Eurocom have done a good job, turning this into a fine Bond shooter (not that it had much competition anyway). It has a good sized singleCan I just say, before I begin you cannot compare this to the N64 original. It's clear this game can't hope to achieve the impact Rare achieved back then in 1997. Anyhoo, this is a brilliant entry to the Wii's FPS list and a game that you should enjoy. Eurocom have done a good job, turning this into a fine Bond shooter (not that it had much competition anyway). It has a good sized single player campagin for new or N64 nostalgic which will keep you hooked for a long time, especially on higher difficulty. The multiplayer is also smashing, plenty of modes and a right good laugh with some mates. And then you've got a good online with plenty of modes which is really active. If you're looking for a good Bond or FPS on Wii, look no further. Expand
  22. Nov 16, 2010
    Simply put, this is the best FPS on the Wii. The controls are simple to use on whatever style you choose (and there are several different ones), and throughout the graphics are great for a Wii game.
    The story itself is a re-imagining of the plot of the classic N64 game Goldeneye 007, but is updated to a 21st century setting. Another obvious change is the shift from Pierce Brosnan to Daniel Craig's Bond (a change I support, being a big fan of the Craig Bond). Judi Dench returns as M, as well as Rory Kinnear playing Bond's MI6 contact Bill Tanner (reprising his Quantum of Solace role)
    The gameplay is brilliant on the engaging single-player campaign mode, and of course on multiplayer, the latter available either on local split-screen (just like the good old days!) or online, with matches of up to 8 people. Online play is occasionally prone to the odd lag, but nothing you wouldn't expect on games like Halo or CoD. The large range of unlockables (weapons, gadgets, sights, perks etc) is also a good addition.
    Overall, a superb game - a few minor issues online, but nothing that wouldn't happen on any other popular online game on any system.
  23. Nov 18, 2010
    The 2010 Goldeneye 007 is truly a great game for the Wii. It really does something for gamers that not many other games can do. It has a good single player mode, a good online multi-player mode, and a nostalgic offline multi-player mode. Any time you are reviewing a game, you have to look at what the game is trying to accomplish. In this case, Goldeneye 007 is trying to be something thatThe 2010 Goldeneye 007 is truly a great game for the Wii. It really does something for gamers that not many other games can do. It has a good single player mode, a good online multi-player mode, and a nostalgic offline multi-player mode. Any time you are reviewing a game, you have to look at what the game is trying to accomplish. In this case, Goldeneye 007 is trying to be something that is very tricky; a nostalgic remake with a modern twist. With the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, it is very difficult to enter into the first person shooter genre successfully. However, Goldeneye 007 brings back the simple fun that the original had, and mends it with modern FPS gaming. Off-line multi-player, you are bound throw away hours of your life with friends, killing each other up with proximity mines and golden guns. Online, you get to enjoy the same thing, although there are some hiccups here. There is no voice chat, a staple among online FPS, and game hosting (or rather the host leaving) can be a bit unnerving.

If you are mostly interested in the single player mode, you wont be disappointed. While it does not exactly follow the movie or the original game scene for scene (or level for level), it takes its own route and does an excellent job at it. It does a great mix of simple FPS, button timing, and cut scenes. The biggest issue you may have is graphics. Keeping in mind that this is on the Wii, there are still better looking games on the Wii, however, they are decent and are no where near the worst Wii graphics.

I do believe that all the good things about this game by far overshadow the missteps taken. Understanding that with a system like the Wii, some sacrifices must be made, and the ones taken were appropriate. I would give the single player a 9.5, offline multi-player a 9.5, and the offline multi-player a 8.5 to 9, so overall I would give this game a 9.
  24. Nov 19, 2010
    After years of fans begging and legal issues stirringâ
  25. Nov 23, 2010
    Game Informer is notorious for hating on the Wii, so I am pretty sure their opinion of the game is blinded by Wii hate. This is the best shooter I have ever played- great enemy AI, awesome set pieces, varying objectives by difficulty, and the option for either stealth or guns blazing in most missions give the single player extensive replay value. Multiplayer is fun too, with tons ofGame Informer is notorious for hating on the Wii, so I am pretty sure their opinion of the game is blinded by Wii hate. This is the best shooter I have ever played- great enemy AI, awesome set pieces, varying objectives by difficulty, and the option for either stealth or guns blazing in most missions give the single player extensive replay value. Multiplayer is fun too, with tons of characters and modifiers. I have yet to play it online, but the whole package is full of win. Buy this if you have a Wii, or even if you dont, buy one and this game. Expand
  26. Nov 27, 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Goldeneye wii. In many ways i have say to say it's more similar to the Call of Duty offerings for wii.then it's original n64 counterpart. The story is completely redone and the controls are not cumbersome like they were on that silly n64 controller.

However while it is similar to Call of Duty, it immediately becomes better then EVERY call of duty game. In call of duty, you are a soldier in the army, they always paint it as serious and realistic. Here we see what kind of fps activision can make not restrained within the confines of the war motif. You are a secret agent and because of that this game gets to give the player settings and scenarios more fun then any, "kill all the terrorists" fsp campaign. Setpieces are ridiculous in scope and the graphics are nicely done and smooth. It isn't the exact same story as the movie either, it feels like they didn't just remake the game Goldeneye they also remade the movie on top of that. But in a real good way. It's replayable as heck! The concept of stealth verses force is always there and there is always a way to make through the level without being caught, This is exactly what i wanted from the campaign and it works so well.

Controls are great in split screen and online multiplayer. I have become accustomed to wiimote/nunchuck controls in previous wii fps titles and really appreciate it. This game doesn't exactly do those pointer controls perfectly. Once in a while you'll point outside of the screen and seems very limited in the range of pointing. It makes the game more frantic since smaller adjustments really do do more in this case. But if your a dual analog addict then classic controller pro works great too but needs minor sensitivity adjustments before gameplay. The modes include all the greats from goldeneye plus some really creative new additions. The part that got me is the darn near pitch perfect multiplayer map design, tons of hiding places, a clear theme for weapons for each level, and each level has a flow and feel that makes it really feel like an old multiplayer game of goldeneye. If there was one thing they got right, it was that.

All in all, this game is just plain fun, it offers a huge amount of content and replay. In my opinion it out does the original in many many ways. Don't believe the hate. This really and damned good game. In all rights it kinda does deserve the popularity of the original. Yet it will never happen because of the way gamers regard the wii today. But if your a real gamer, a gamer who didn't start gaming in 1996, this title is an absolute treat and more then worthy for you to "dig out that wii" for.
  27. Dec 1, 2010
    This truly is the best shooter on the wii and does the original justice will keep you on the edge of your seat in this stunning game throughout.
  28. Jan 19, 2011
    Goldeneye 007 for the N64 was my favorite games ever when I was a kid, when I heard the remake is coming for the Wii, I was excited and can't wait for it. When I bought it, I was amazed and enjoyed it. Most of the people disliked it because of the graphics, I'm a gamer that only cares about the gameplay, controls, and story. Not the look of it. The gameplay is very cool, like in the otherGoldeneye 007 for the N64 was my favorite games ever when I was a kid, when I heard the remake is coming for the Wii, I was excited and can't wait for it. When I bought it, I was amazed and enjoyed it. Most of the people disliked it because of the graphics, I'm a gamer that only cares about the gameplay, controls, and story. Not the look of it. The gameplay is very cool, like in the other 007 titles, you have a chance to either use combat or weapons. The story was phenomenal, just like the N64. I was worried about the controls, every FPS on Wii doesn't have good controls. But, this game has it perfectly balanced and great, it surprised me. But, the only issue that I have with this game is the actor James Bond is played by Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan, who is from both the movie and original game on N64. I just like things originally designed from the classics. But overall, still great gameplay, controls, and story. So this game is a MUST HAVE on your Wii Collection. Expand
  29. Jan 6, 2011
    This Game is awesome i don't know why it's getting such low scores but just cuz it's on the wii people hate on it lmbo give me a break u retards wanna say this game isn't amazing
  30. Jan 15, 2011
    I've been neglecting the Wii for the most part of the past 2 years. Besides a few releases I've mostly played my Xbox 360. Not after the incredible past few months the Wii has had. I picked up Goldeneye a few weeks ago and I have to say it's the best FPS of 2010. Better than Black Ops? You bet. Better than Halo Reach? Yes! The rewriting of the Goldeneye story into modern times was veryI've been neglecting the Wii for the most part of the past 2 years. Besides a few releases I've mostly played my Xbox 360. Not after the incredible past few months the Wii has had. I picked up Goldeneye a few weeks ago and I have to say it's the best FPS of 2010. Better than Black Ops? You bet. Better than Halo Reach? Yes! The rewriting of the Goldeneye story into modern times was very interesting. The story was actually written by the same person who wrote the original screenplay of the movie. The graphics are good for the Wii. The controls are excellent with the Wiimote & Nunchuck combo. I didn't play on the classic controller, but I'm sure that is fine too. The best part of the game is the mulitplayer. Plain fun. No people abusing killstreaks. Just plain gun on gun fun. So many choices and combinations to play the game. The multiplayer has 200 options on how you can play it. It's amazing. Just like the N64 version. Must buy for any fan of Bond or shooters. Expand
  31. Nov 4, 2010

1. Feb 28, 2011
    No matter if you are a fan of the old-school classic GoldenEye or playing for the very first time, the Wii has its best FPS to date in GoldenEye 007.
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    If CoD is you thing, you'll get loads of value from this. [Christmas 2010, p.62]
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    GoldenEye doesn't tarnish the original and doesn't try to be a carbon copy either, but it is hindered by problems which were always going to be hard to surmount. If you're panging for a bit of Bond and something to play with friends round, you could do a lot worse than what is a fine revival of a classic.