7.6

1. Aug 7, 2011
    The hardest thing about this game is by far and large adapting to the controls. I'm a very avid tennis player and fan of professional tennis, and I have to say from life experience that this is the most accurate tennis game I've ever played. The game advises to use slow and easy full swings (using the Wiimote Plus), and that takes some getting used to, but once you start to do itThe hardest thing about this game is by far and large adapting to the controls. I'm a very avid tennis player and fan of professional tennis, and I have to say from life experience that this is the most accurate tennis game I've ever played. The game advises to use slow and easy full swings (using the Wiimote Plus), and that takes some getting used to, but once you start to do it consistently you'll be able to plan your shots with remarkable precision. It is very important to return to a ready stance (as if holding the racket up in front of you) and keep the direction of your hit aimed at the sensor bar for the game to accurately pickup your movements. You can't play as if you're on a full size court. Instead, I played as if the length of my TV was the size of the singles court (22-inch) with the length of the TV case it stands on as the net length and baseline. At that point it became very simple to hit early when aiming left or hit later when aiming right. Every slice, topspin, flat shot, and degree of speed started registering completely naturally as I am used to hitting on the real court. However, even with that accuracy nailed down, you can definitely expect the game AI to make you work for every point, making every match very rewarding. I highly recommend any tennis fan to give this a try, and commit to the practice and experimentation required to get comfortable with the controls. It's well worth the effort! Expand

1. To sum it up, EA Sport’s Grand Slam Tennis is definitely one of the best sport games that we have played on the console, thanks to Wii MotionPlus.
  2. Grand Slam Tennis is fun, but it’s hard to master for beginners. Wii MotionPlus works very good and gives the game an extra touch.
  3. Grand Slam Tennis is a great tennis simulation. Probably the Wii Motion plus does not shows its real potential, but this product is perfect for tennis lovers, thanks to the big variety of shots, the large number of game modes and a perfect online support.