8.6

1. Jan 14, 2011
    This is possibly the best fighter ever made. The characters are quirky, the music is awesome, the gameplay is exceedingly deep and well-thought-out. Get the classic controller pro for this one. Plays identically to the PS2 version. It is a faithful port.
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    Pros: The music rocks. Controls are tight, characters are fun to use, Arcade mode is very, very hard - and that's just on Normal. You can use the Classic Controller, or even a Gamecube one.

Cons: No story mode, almost nothing to do once you beat arcade mode, Arcade mode is VERY, VERY HARD.

Now I am aware I've put the same thing on both lists; you see, it's a bit of a double-edged
    sword here. On one hand, you get used to the difficulty and you feel that much better when you beat that **** I-No. On the other hand, if you get through Arcade Mode and you can't beat I-No at ALL (I'm talking about hours fighting the SAME CHARACTER), you're going to get fed up, turn the console off and probably never feel like playing the character you were using for a long, long time. Also, it's possible that this game will ruin other fighters for you, due to the music and the extereme difficulty you end up overcoming. Personally, I love this game. But if you don't want a challenge, or you hate rock music, or even if you dislike anime-styled characters, go play Super Street Fighter 4 again. Expand

1. 2D fighters aren't so cool now, so GGXXAC was never going to unite the gaming world like "Street Fighter 2" did back in the early nineties, but it might just unite your frienids. [JPN Import; Nov 2007, p.48]
    Accent Core is a great game, if you have the right equipment. If you happen to be the proud owner of a Classic Controller, just consider the Wii version's score to be identical to the PS2 version. Unfortunately, because not everyone has a Classic Controller and it doesn't come with the system, we need to score the game based on the default controls, and that makes this a truly inferior title to its PS2 brethren.
  3. If you're looking for a 2D fighting game that's totally nuts, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core will give you what you want.