6.8

1. Sep 17, 2011
    More of the same anual decent games Activison publish, Guitar Hero 5 is nothing new, inovative, original or incredible to see in the moment. Lacking, vague and dumb, boring. My scoop at the tracks didn't seem to be in the right position to surprise me, few songs can atract the casual people. I'm not interested in this band, sorry GH I bought the wrong ticket of your concert.
  2. Aug 2, 2011
    Although it's not quite as good as the previously installment, GUITAR HERO 5 is very fun. It has 85 songs in total, and for the first time the player does not need to enter and complete Career Mode to unlock all the songs--you can just go into Quickplay and play any song as a group. However, a handful of these songs are not as recognizable. Sure, there's a lot of classic rock--a surprising amount for a Guitar Hero game--but it seems the songs that aren't classic rock, hip-hop, or heavy metal are not recognizable. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2011
    This is a great game and I love to play it! It has a wide variety of selections to satisfy gamegoers of all ages! I would recommend this to all people because it can be likened to all tastes!
  4. Sep 29, 2010
    In my opinion, Guitar Hero games on the Wii nowadays are mostly superior to there Hi-Def counterparts and 5 is no exception. With features that even the 360 and PS3 beg and don't have, superior online play and a completely accessible interface, it is recommended that you get 5 for the Wii only. It is a completely different experience.

1. So, to recap: There's a crisper and more friendly GUI. There's a new wide selection of mostly great songs. You have loads of freedom to come and go from the stage as you please AND its backwards-compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour.
  2. The presentation hasn't changed much and the gameplay still revolves around the same note hitting formula, but if you love music (and who doesn't), you can't afford to miss this latest jam.
    While Guitar Hero 5 doesn't re-invent the wheel (or the guitar, for that matter) it does offer up a bounty of new rockin' features that puts it above a "yearly update." With an eclectic set list, 85 playable tracks, and some DLC content sure on it's way, GH5 will keep your fingers strumming for a good while until the next inevitable installment arrives. That is, if you can get over the creep factor of seeing Kurt Cobain in GH form.