8.3

1. Sep 21, 2010
    For all the losers who have criticized guitar hero because it's not "real guitar", you've got to understand that its a VIDEO GAME. Not everyone has the capabilities to get a guitar and play until they are talented. Guitar hero is just a chance for anyone to pick up the controller and have some fun. Now on to the game. I think that its got a good song list, if a bit on the short side, andFor all the losers who have criticized guitar hero because it's not "real guitar", you've got to understand that its a VIDEO GAME. Not everyone has the capabilities to get a guitar and play until they are talented. Guitar hero is just a chance for anyone to pick up the controller and have some fun. Now on to the game. I think that its got a good song list, if a bit on the short side, and some of the new features are very welcome. However, compared to newer guitar hero games, it seems a bit bare. Still a decent game and worth getting for guitar hero enthusiasts. Expand
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    This is an excellent video game in the Guitar Hero series. I'm pretty much good at Hard and Expert as well as Easy and Medium. I'll always love this game.
  3. Nov 24, 2011
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock provides a slew wildly over-charted chords and general inconsistency in its charting of its decent set of songs. The only new feature of consequence is the guitar battle system which is more a luck-based affair than anything else due to the random attacks doled out to players. Still, it remains an entertaining challenge and good practice forGuitar Hero III: Legends of Rock provides a slew wildly over-charted chords and general inconsistency in its charting of its decent set of songs. The only new feature of consequence is the guitar battle system which is more a luck-based affair than anything else due to the random attacks doled out to players. Still, it remains an entertaining challenge and good practice for plastic-guitarists, but others need not apply. Expand
  4. Apr 3, 2013
    I have to admit, I have never played GH I and II since they werent made to Wii. But that summer when me and my brother picked up this game after helping our dad so we could get money was awesome. We did stage performances and perfected our playing. My brother reached nearly to the last song of expert and I started my own expert career. Still today lots of fun with friends due to awesome song list.
  5. Jul 23, 2014
    I've been playing Guitar Hero for a loooong time, and this one is not very fun, overall. The features and songs are nothing compared to Guitar Hero: World Tour. If you're thinking of getting this, get World Tour instead. You'll be glad you did.

1. You're in for one hell of a good time. [Oct 2007, p.108]
  2. I got a gang of friends together to test it out and we spent hours unlocking songs and fooling around, but, because some of us are guitar heroes and some are guitar zeroes, having a truly quality time is a tougher than it should be. It's still well worth a look. [Nov 2007, p.63]
  3. For my money, though, thanks to its strong song lineup and wireless rock capabilities--it's the perfect progression for the series. [Dec 2007, p.84]