7.6

1. Aug 2, 2011
    Okay, so GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR--the fourth entry in the GUITAR HERO series and the second entry for the Wii, which is the platform it is definitely most easy to use on--is quite obviously a copy off of the similar ROCK BAND, which was released nine months before. I mean, come on now, if you don't believe me. The title is GUITAR HERO, not BAND HERO (though they did, in their defense,Okay, so GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR--the fourth entry in the GUITAR HERO series and the second entry for the Wii, which is the platform it is definitely most easy to use on--is quite obviously a copy off of the similar ROCK BAND, which was released nine months before. I mean, come on now, if you don't believe me. The title is GUITAR HERO, not BAND HERO (though they did, in their defense, release a crappier spin-off of the series called BAND HERO), so adding drums and a microphone in with the lead guitar and the bass guitar demolishes the title. But if you've played the game, isn't it fun? GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR has a total of 86 songs, plus 250+ downloadable songs, PLUS you can create your own songs in the Music Studio. It pretty much endless. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2011
    Guitar Hero World Tour was the second Guitar Hero I played (After Guitar Hero 3) and is a game, for me, which has songs that are fun to play and has a long playability.
    Bravo Activision, bravo on a great game which is fun for all fans of the series and new alike.
  3. JackT.
    Oct 26, 2008
    This is based on the Guitar Kit package. It's an incredible leap beyond its Wii predecessors. The new guitar is more full-bodied than the Les Paul. The addition of a dedicated star power button, along with a sensor bar that can allow you to mimic 'tapping', makes for the one guitar controller we've been asking for. Now, onto the software. There's over 80 tracks on This is based on the Guitar Kit package. It's an incredible leap beyond its Wii predecessors. The new guitar is more full-bodied than the Les Paul. The addition of a dedicated star power button, along with a sensor bar that can allow you to mimic 'tapping', makes for the one guitar controller we've been asking for. Now, onto the software. There's over 80 tracks on the disc, all consisting of the original master tracks, rather than bland covers. Now you can download to your heart's content with the Wii, with each premium song costing an average of 200 points, with some free ones scattered about. The addition of a new Mii Freestyle is very nice. Exclusive to the Wii, jam out with the guitar or drums, or use your Wii Remote and Nunchuck to imitate drumming in a seamless freestyle improvisation. At the time of writing this, I did not fully examine the music studio, but when I took a quick spin through, I noticed the creation tools were extremely elaborate and precise. Different fret button combinations make for different chords and keys, so upon figuring out what keys are which you can make just about any composition of your liking. Then, upload up to 5 of your original tunes to GHTunes for others to try out. In summary, Guitar Hero World Tour is a feast of a video game. Newcomers and veterans alike will enjoy the many options and choices offered to them. You'll get all your rock on for your buck. Collapse
  4. PeterG.
    Jan 24, 2009
    Favorite Game Ever! I enjoy the entire game except the downloadible stuff is kinda weak. The inclusion of one drummer is OK cause its Travis Barker. But One Drummer? Come on! I really liked that Sting was included.
  5. SimoneA
    Jan 5, 2009
    A fantastic game that mathces a lot of customization and a lot of improvements from GH3, like the slider on the guitar and the battery and the microphone. Also appreciated open notes for bass and a good tracklist. The idea of the studio is really good and can be definetly powered to a superior level of customization. So,better than Rock Band 2 ! XD
  6. ChrisC.
    Dec 16, 2008
    Definitely the best Guitar Hero game on the market, nay, the best rhythm based game on the market. Truly worth buying if you can afford it, lasts for hours on end, and a great party game, provided you have enough remotes and friends.

On 360 and PS3, Guitar Hero just doesn't hang in there with "Rock Band 2" like we thought it would, but when it comes to the Wii battlefield, Activision's offering is not only the strongest music game on the system, but also the biggest technical achievement we've seen on Nintendo's system software-wise since launch.
  2. People who love music video games won't get tired of this one. Not only does it include standard modes of play, but there's also co-op, face-off, battles, several online modes, and a very compelling music studio that allows you to create and share songs with the world.
  3. The concept is a very good one and the instruments are terrific, but might be problematic for families that want to play all four parts but only have one or two Wii-motes. The issue with the font used on a standard television is also a problem.